Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just had a Laurelwood Workhorse IPA. Pretty nice for a Monday afternoon after work.

Next up is a Hop Valley Citrus Mistress (has a bit of grapefruit peal added during brewing). Two's my limit.

Post 'em if you got 'em!

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just had a Red Hook IPA and a Fat Bottom Knockout IPA. Both good, but the Red Hook has a smoother finish.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not trying to screw up your thread but,whatever happened to Lone Star, Pearl and Budweiser. Its been 20 years since I had a drink and I dont remember micro-brew anything.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Bud is still there, it's a great beer if you're drinking to stay sober, or just looking for something light. I'm more of a coors banquet guy myself. Craft beer just has more to offer with different styles, and flavor. Plus a lot of them are supporting local business and farmers. Definitely a plus for me.

I'm drinkin Stone Who you Callin a Wussie Pilsner. Great example of a pisner, and an awesome can.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Miller Lites on tap here tonight!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
C'mon, Steve. WTH does this have to do with Trump?

Alaskan APA for me though.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't say I really "like" any of them after more than halfway through the second one, but Deschutes Black Butte Porter is pretty darn smooth.

Lots of them are good for the first one if they're ice cold. Tried some Sierra Nevada Summerfest this year, a "light, crisp lager" and it was very clean and refreshing on a hot day. Fat Tire is a good standby if BBP isn't available.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Can't say I really "like" any of them after more than halfway through the second one, but Deschutes Black Butte Porter is pretty darn smooth.

Black Butte Porter is pretty good. I like it when it's cooler weather. Right now in the height of Summer, bitter beers rule.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I like beer that doesn't need to be ice cold. If it needs to be ice cold then that's telling you it must anesthetize your palate before you can enjoy it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I probably do need to anesthetize my palate. To be honest, I really don't like beer very much. But a cold one every now and then is good for a change.

I joke with my friends about buying my annual six pack and that's not too much of an exaggeration. Around June when it gets hot I'll think about a cold beer and go buy one six pack. Then in November there's usually one or two bottles still left in the fridge. This year was unusual in that I actually bought two, the Black Butte and the Summerfest. That was two months ago and there's still one bottle of BBP left.

All in all, I'd rather have a diet soda.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
In the last 24 hours Ive had Point Special, Blatz, Lienenkugel, Spotted Cow and Schlitz.

Might have even had a Big Sky IPA in there.

Its all good, except some of the micros literally spoil on the shelf and the really micro stuff has some "duplication" issues.

Still rather have a fresh sample of any of the jillion breweries in Germany or the Czech Republic. Or a Schlitz...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm out of beer. You're making me sad.

Wishin' I had a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They still make Schlitz? Havn't seen it in some time.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Man I hate these threads. Can't drink beer anymore. Makes me sick after even one. It's not gluten, cause I eat tons of that crap, whatever it REALLY is. It's not the carbonation, cause I can drink carbonated anything. Never been allergic to anything within beer either, or anything in general.

So what would be a nice Mac 'n' Jacks African Amber or Manny's Pale Ale is now a post-workout fruit smoothie (I hate eating fruit/veggies, so I drink them) followed by a few doses of vodka properly done: bottle stored in freezer, taken as a shot or 3.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got home from my favorite pub, 5 long neck PBR's and some pizza.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duckslayer56
Bud is still there, it's a great beer if you're drinking to stay sober, or just looking for something light. I'm more of a coors banquet guy myself. Craft beer just has more to offer with different styles, and flavor. Plus a lot of them are supporting local business and farmers. Definitely a plus for me.

I'm drinkin Stone Who you Callin a Wussie Pilsner. Great example of a pisner, and an awesome can.

Only thing coors is good for is giving you the beer [bleep] the next morning.. In downtown golden right across the road from the coors factory great little brewery called barrels and bottles.. Pikes peak brewery in monument makes a good one called gold rush..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can't beat it with the kick-ass artwork. Great beer though.

[Linked Image]

Lagunitas is putting up a good Imperial Stout at the moment:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by huntinaz; 08/15/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Deschutes makes good beer.....if you like their Porter try their Stout (Obsidion).....

And I'd have to agree that two of any of em is plenty....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I drink a lot of different craft beers, with the current favorite being Enki Tailfeather IPA. 7% alcohol really mellows you out fast. Brewed in Victoria, MN and available 22oz bombers in a few Minnesota liquor stores and on tap at a few restaurants. Enki Brewing

Highly recommended for those accustomed to drinking craft beer.

[Linked Image]

For those that have been quaffing craft brew for awhile and are ready to take it to a whole new level, Pumking pumpkin ale, brewed with real pumpkin, will start showing up nationally on liquor store shelves right now and will be all sold out by September. You'll need to stock up on this one because it is the perfect Thanksgiving Day beer to wash down your meal and help you cope with the in-laws. It is currently available in a four pack of 12oz bottles. 7.8% alcohol will have you looking forward to seeing old grouchy uncle Fred for the holidays.

[Linked Image]

Don't even bother making the mistake of offering these to the Bud and Miller crowd. You'll just be wasting good beer as they won't drink either. If they insist offer up a small taste in a cup and when they turn their nose up you can finish the rest of the bottle.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A couple of Kootenay"s hauled south here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,962
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.