Home
Posted By: JoeMama Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Mayors of "Sanctuary cities" are grandstanding.

"You are safe here!" they tell the illegal aliens after Trump announced he will deport illegal immigrants who have committed crimes.

I guess they cannot hear the implicit message: Tax payers and the noncriminals are not worthy of being kept safe from those criminals Trump would deport.

It is, of course, empty posturing. The progressives taught us well. Think about what the Feds did for DUI and seat belts. Failure to march to the Federal agenda resulted in diminished federal highway funds.

Compliance is guaranteed. Simply start with holding grants and block transfers. Freeze all federal loan guarantees. Hold up transfer of student loans. Cease processing HUD paperwork. Relocate federal employees to zip codes that do not pay city taxes. With hold payment for subsidized breakfasts and lunches. Defund SNAP programs.

Cities are energy and money intensive beasts. They will roll over like a female collie.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
They will roll over like a female collie. grin

Never heard that one before
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
The whole concept of sanctuary cities has always nauseated me. IIRC they are all democrat controlled so naturally they feel they can pick and choose which laws to obey. It would be neat if some city declared itself a sanctuary city for gun owners to escape from those sanctuary cities which, for the most part, all have EXTREMELY strict gun control measures in place. We could have a sanctuary city that welcomes gun owners fleeing persecution in hell holes like NYC, Chicago, etc.. We could even say it's O.K. to have an unregistered gun, because it's not illegal, it's only undocumented; (sound familiar?).
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
This is going to be fun to watch the scitlibs get it shoved right up their fat asses.
Posted By: benchman Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Originally Posted by 22250rem
The whole concept of sanctuary cities has always nauseated me. IIRC they are all democrat controlled so naturally they feel they can pick and choose which laws to obey. It would be neat if some city declared itself a sanctuary city for gun owners to escape from those sanctuary cities which, for the most part, all have EXTREMELY strict gun control measures in place. We could have a sanctuary city that welcomes gun owners fleeing persecution in hell holes like NYC, Chicago, etc.. We could even say it's O.K. to have an unregistered gun, because it's not illegal, it's only undocumented; (sound familiar?).
I do not understand how these people can ignore the law.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Originally Posted by benchman

Because, they have been allowed to!

Hopefully, now that will come to an end

Posted By: Longbob Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Originally Posted by benchman

They are accustomed to the Obama DOJ. They are in for a rude awakening.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Great! Gather them all in just a few places. That will make arrests and deportations easier.
Posted By: MTGunner Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Perhaps the criminal illegals could stay in the sanctuary cities on an infinite basis. That would certainly minimize their area of criminality. Then, if allowed to leave, or by escaping the sanctuary, a bounty on their collective heads would be in order. By bounty on their heads, I mean a true bounty on their heads only. Don't care about the left over of the remains. Just the heads on a spear, a stick or even skewer. What ever floats the liberals sinking boats.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
If sanctuary cities fight to stay that way, then they should not be considered part of the U.S.

They don't have rule of law, and harbor illegal aliens, so they should lose all tax money and the right to vote and be represented.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
For many years states held been held hostage by the feds for all manner of bullsheit laws like seat belts, .08 DUI, 55 mph speed limit, 21 year old drinking age, etc. All of these were enthusiastically championed by the nanny state liberals. It'll be nice to see the federal budget axe finally turned around on them and used for something that actually benefits the country.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
I would rather suck a dog's dick than pay another dime in taxes to any of those states, much less live there.

My father, grandmother and great grandmother are all buried in NY but I'll not visit again at fear of spending a DIME in NY.

[bleep] that cesspool.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Santa Fe, NM = sanctuary city AKA "San Francisco East"
I hate their politics, and social outlook, with a purple passion!
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Just wait until DT repatriates a couple hundred billion in tax revenue and those pesky sanctuary cities don't qualify for any of it. No enterprise zones. No infrastructure rehabs, etc etc. They will be hauling semi loads of wet backs out.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
Let the illegals flock to the sanctuary cities.... and then put a big fence around them.. problem finding all those millions for deportation solved.
Posted By: JoeMama Re: Sanctuary cities - 11/15/16
The rumor is that deportees will be flown to Mexico City Airport. Unfortunately, the deportees cannot be forced to deplane due to jurisdiction issues.

However, there are no plans to pressurize the cabin for the return trip.
© 24hourcampfire