Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Mayors of "Sanctuary cities" are grandstanding.

"You are safe here!" they tell the illegal aliens after Trump announced he will deport illegal immigrants who have committed crimes.

I guess they cannot hear the implicit message: Tax payers and the noncriminals are not worthy of being kept safe from those criminals Trump would deport.

It is, of course, empty posturing. The progressives taught us well. Think about what the Feds did for DUI and seat belts. Failure to march to the Federal agenda resulted in diminished federal highway funds.

Compliance is guaranteed. Simply start with holding grants and block transfers. Freeze all federal loan guarantees. Hold up transfer of student loans. Cease processing HUD paperwork. Relocate federal employees to zip codes that do not pay city taxes. With hold payment for subsidized breakfasts and lunches. Defund SNAP programs.

Cities are energy and money intensive beasts. They will roll over like a female collie.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They will roll over like a female collie. grin

Never heard that one before

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The whole concept of sanctuary cities has always nauseated me. IIRC they are all democrat controlled so naturally they feel they can pick and choose which laws to obey. It would be neat if some city declared itself a sanctuary city for gun owners to escape from those sanctuary cities which, for the most part, all have EXTREMELY strict gun control measures in place. We could have a sanctuary city that welcomes gun owners fleeing persecution in hell holes like NYC, Chicago, etc.. We could even say it's O.K. to have an unregistered gun, because it's not illegal, it's only undocumented; (sound familiar?).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is going to be fun to watch the scitlibs get it shoved right up their fat asses.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 22250rem
The whole concept of sanctuary cities has always nauseated me. IIRC they are all democrat controlled so naturally they feel they can pick and choose which laws to obey. It would be neat if some city declared itself a sanctuary city for gun owners to escape from those sanctuary cities which, for the most part, all have EXTREMELY strict gun control measures in place. We could have a sanctuary city that welcomes gun owners fleeing persecution in hell holes like NYC, Chicago, etc.. We could even say it's O.K. to have an unregistered gun, because it's not illegal, it's only undocumented; (sound familiar?).
I do not understand how these people can ignore the law.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by benchman

Because, they have been allowed to!

Hopefully, now that will come to an end

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by benchman

They are accustomed to the Obama DOJ. They are in for a rude awakening.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great! Gather them all in just a few places. That will make arrests and deportations easier.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Perhaps the criminal illegals could stay in the sanctuary cities on an infinite basis. That would certainly minimize their area of criminality. Then, if allowed to leave, or by escaping the sanctuary, a bounty on their collective heads would be in order. By bounty on their heads, I mean a true bounty on their heads only. Don't care about the left over of the remains. Just the heads on a spear, a stick or even skewer. What ever floats the liberals sinking boats.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If sanctuary cities fight to stay that way, then they should not be considered part of the U.S.

They don't have rule of law, and harbor illegal aliens, so they should lose all tax money and the right to vote and be represented.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
For many years states held been held hostage by the feds for all manner of bullsheit laws like seat belts, .08 DUI, 55 mph speed limit, 21 year old drinking age, etc. All of these were enthusiastically championed by the nanny state liberals. It'll be nice to see the federal budget axe finally turned around on them and used for something that actually benefits the country.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I would rather suck a dog's dick than pay another dime in taxes to any of those states, much less live there.

My father, grandmother and great grandmother are all buried in NY but I'll not visit again at fear of spending a DIME in NY.

[bleep] that cesspool.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Santa Fe, NM = sanctuary city AKA "San Francisco East"
I hate their politics, and social outlook, with a purple passion!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just wait until DT repatriates a couple hundred billion in tax revenue and those pesky sanctuary cities don't qualify for any of it. No enterprise zones. No infrastructure rehabs, etc etc. They will be hauling semi loads of wet backs out.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Let the illegals flock to the sanctuary cities.... and then put a big fence around them.. problem finding all those millions for deportation solved.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The rumor is that deportees will be flown to Mexico City Airport. Unfortunately, the deportees cannot be forced to deplane due to jurisdiction issues.

However, there are no plans to pressurize the cabin for the return trip.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 280ACKIMP, 2500HD, 55 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,786
Posts18,477,223
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.