Home
Attorney General!

I don't believe it. Accuse a man's father of being involved with killing JFK and then offer the man the power to appoint independent investigators to investigate any scandals that arise? Can't see Trump doing it.
Excellent choice if this is true. He's an excellent constitutional scholar and will not stop until he drains the swamp. If he does a good job he will be in excellent position to run for president in 2024, when he'll only be 53 years old.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Attorney General!

I don't believe it. Accuse a man's father of being involved with killing JFK and then offer the man the power to appoint independent investigators to investigate any scandals that arise? Can't see Trump doing it.

Pretty compelling, since you haven't been right about anything.
Attorney General!

Can't see Trump doing it.

Yet you make sure to post about it.

crazy

Hey, it was his father. wink

Bad choice. Trump will need true conservatives in the senate.

Get Issa or Gowdy and get F&F.
It's just another media hoax. They're coming up with all kinds of wild ass crap to keep the news cycle going because none of the Trump people will bother telling them the time of day.
Attorney General!

It's just politics, baby. Just politics. Not for the thin skinned.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's just another media hoax.

Which is pretty much in Calghoun's (Take Me Away) wheelhouse in regards to Cruz or the #nevertrump saps.
Cruz is the perfect choice for Supreme Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

+1!!!
WOW! Didn't see that one coming. Now that Rudy seems to be on the Secretary of State track, I think I would prefer Gowdy for AG.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

+1!!!

Or Mike Lee...
Originally Posted by huntsonora

+1!!!

Or Mike Lee...

Mike Lee is a never Trumper,....called for Trump to drop out of the race after it was learned that Trump said "pussy" 11 years ago.

He's on the chit list.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Unlike YOUR constant whining about how we need Trump because no other Republican could win states that Romney didn't... And then Trump can't get as many votes as Romney? Or like the whining about how Ryan and all the elites will be run out of town, and the new cabinet and Speaker is elites? Yep.. I haven't been right about one single thing...

Let the grown ups talk.

Bloomberg might be wrong about their scoop, but Cruz was at Trump Tower today. I think Cruz would make a great AG, and while Pence might think it's a great idea, I still can't see Trump and Bannon wanting it.

+1!!!

Or Mike Lee...

Mike Lee is a never Trumper,....called for Trump to drop out of the race after it was learned that Trump said "pussy" 11 years ago.

He's on the chit list.

EXACTLY, and if he were to gain a position in Trumps Administration, he would be one that would, without a doubt, work behind the scenes to undermine Trump.

He is a snake and needs to be treated as such.
Link:
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/15/hmmm-ted-cruz-meets-with-trump-in-new-york/
Attorney General!

I don't believe it!

Accuse a man's father of being involved with killing JFK and then offer the man the power to appoint independent investigators to investigate any scandals that arise?!!

Cruz was at Trump Tower today. I think Cruz would make a great AG...

Yet your schlep (and you) breathlessly jumps at a supposed invite, even after an alleged Trump roundhouse to the booger eater's family honor?

I don't believe it!

+1!!!

No, he isn't. A sitting Federal judge is the perfect choice for the SCOTUS.

+1!!!

Or Mike Lee...

Again, no.
I want justices with track records as strict originalists in their rulings. That leaves out the evangelist preacher.
fwiw & imho,
Where is Rick Perry in all of this? Never did like Cruz...

Regards, Matt.
It's good to see Bristoe back from the brink of mood swing and in the know of everything Donald Trump, the Yankee anomaly we all support for President.

And its good that Cruz still inhabits people's minds to the point such animosity is invoked at his name.

The thread is good for a laugh, but as much as I hate to break it to folks, the only report I believe about anything Trump's doing will come 2nd from Trump,

and 1st from Bob...
Appointing any Senator could seriously cause injury to a small majority. Let's make sure that IF a Senator is picked to serve in the Administration, the state from which he comes has the ability to backfill with another Conservative.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Appointing any Senator could seriously cause injury to a small majority. Let's make sure that IF a Senator is picked to serve in the Administration, the state from which he comes has the ability to backfill with another Conservative.

Cruz. Texas. Hmmm...
At that rate, I wish he would appoint Governor Roy Cooper (Democrat) from NC to any position.

Then NC's Lt. governor (Rep) would take over.

Then Donald can fire Cooper.
Originally Posted by hatari
Attorney General!

Trump will need somebody with unquestionable integrity to restore credibility to the AG's office.

It's TFF that "Lyin' Ted" is such a guy.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Attorney General!

Trump will need somebody with unquestionable integrity to restore credibility to the AG's office.

TFF that "Lyin' Ted" is such a guy.

Good God...give it a rest, Pat. You act like Trump bad-mouthed your dog.

Are you saying Cruz would NOT be a good AG pick? I personally think he's a better Solicitor General pick, but AG ain't a bad fit for him.
Originally Posted by RWE
At that rate, I wish he would appoint Governor Roy Cooper (Democrat) from NC to any position.

Did the NC GOP Governor lose his reelection bid?
Originally Posted by 4ager
Attorney General!

Are you saying Cruz would NOT be a good AG pick? I personally think he's a better Solicitor General pick, but AG ain't a bad fit for him.

You don't find that funny? "Attorney General "Lyin' Ted Cruz...the man who lies more than anyone else in the entire WORLD?"
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by RWE

Did the NC GOP Governor lose his reelection bid?

Still counting.

The extra votes from Durham County seem to be an issue.
Attorney General!

You don't find that funny?

No. I found it whiny, by you. Again.

You don't find that funny?

I find it hilarious.

Unlike YOUR constant whining about how we need Trump because no other Republican could win states that Romney didn't... And then Trump can't get as many votes as Romney? Or like the whining about how Ryan and all the elites will be run out of town, and the new cabinet and Speaker is elites? Yep.. I haven't been right about one single thing...

Let the grown ups talk.

Bloomberg might be wrong about their scoop, but Cruz was at Trump Tower today. I think Cruz would make a great AG, and while Pence might think it's a great idea, I still can't see Trump and Bannon wanting it.

Yeah, I'm a constant whiner about shiet. You're mister 'I'm scared my wife might see what a real man is and leave #nevertrump' dumbphuck.

Whoever gets the AG nod needs to be tough.

No matter who it is, they need to be a bulldog, and realize coming in that they are not there to make friends.

It ain't gonna be easy with all the media vomit sure to follow for doing their job.
Attorney General!

You don't find that funny? "Attorney General "Lyin' Ted Cruz...the man who lies more than anyone else in the entire WORLD?"

Oh, you actually increased the whining.

Perhaps Cruz has too much integrity to take the job (you know, because he said things about Trump in the primary and got all offended and such)? Yeah, that'd be putting the interests of the nation and the people ahead of petty BS....
Well, it's time for you to get over it. That election is history. It's time to get over the halo effect. Nobody is perfect.
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw & imho,

Regards, Matt.
heard perry is being considered for sectary of veteran affairs.

Let the grown ups talk.

Trump out performed Romney in all the swing states he won that Obama won in 2012. He has also overtaken Romney in the popular vote yesterday as votes are still being counted. He's over 61 million now.

Kent
Originally Posted by stxhunter
fwiw & imho,

Regards, Matt.
Gotta love an old boy who kills a coyote with a 380 to protect his dawg.
Well, it's time for you to get over it. That election is history. It's time to get over the halo effect. Nobody is perfect.

Take your own advice before you start handing it out, buddy. The only person looking for halos this entire time has been you. I voted for Cruz in the primary. He lost. I moved on. You never have.
fwiw & imho,

Regards, Matt.

Not a bad one.
I'm fine with Cruz at some appointment.

I personally wouldn't give up being a Senator to have some cabinet position for Trump but Cruz is willing to shut down the government for a losing cause on Obamacare.

If he can display that kind of commitment to Trump's agenda, he's the guy to have.

Just tell him he's gotta stop sounding like a TV preacher every time he talks.
Originally Posted by RWE
It's good to see Bristoe back from the brink of mood swing and in the know of everything Donald Trump, the Yankee anomaly we all support for President.

And its good that Cruz still inhabits people's minds to the point such animosity is invoked at his name.

The thread is good for a laugh, but as much as I hate to break it to folks, the only report I believe about anything Trump's doing will come 2nd from Trump,

and 1st from Bob...

Press is all righteously pissed of at 'im this AM, cuz he slipped away from their gaggle to have a PRIVATE dinner with his immediate family.
.....they, and an apparently large segment of American political news fans better get used to this,...we WILL be seeing more of this.
I guess it would be better on track to say we'll be seeing LESS of our new COE.
....I like it.

GTC
I expect the PRESS will request Trump wear a GPS tracker.
Attorney General!

"He holds the Bible high, puts it down and then he LIES! laugh

Yes its funny as hell. Not as funny as "Crooked Hillary" becoming "good people" though. Next thing we know, Jeb Bush will be tapped to head the President's council on fitness, sports and nutrition because he has so much energy! laugh

In all seriousness, I guess this is what you call "coming together" after a "hard fought campaign". HW Bush called Reagan's policies "voodoo" and wound up being his Veep. Political critters are different from the rest of us. They put aside their "differences" for the advancement of their careers. For normal people its great comedy!

I think LT would make a great AG.

+1!!!

No, he isn't. A sitting Federal judge is the perfect choice for the SCOTUS.

I agree. While Cruz is fine with his constitutional interpretation and philosophy, he does not have the bench experience that a sitting federal judge has.

Also, I am not totally convinced he is a serious enough legal scholar to really shine on the high court.

Then there is his abrasive personality which, in my opinion, is ill suited for the SCOTUS bench.

I think he would be better suited for a role as Solicitor General or perhaps an assistant attorney general.
Attorney General!

I can't believe how many of you guys can't recognize campaign rhetoric when you hear it. Cruz was and is probably the smartest and most honest candidate we had this election cycle. But that doesn't mean he has supernatural power or resources to overcome all the campain traps set for him by the RNC, news media, and other canidate election teams. Give him time, he is still young and learning.
2011 Trump gave the max he could to Cruz's campaign, they met multiple times, he also gave almost a half million to the GOP helping to regain the senate.

Trump and Cruz have a history, Trump saw something in Cruz then and just because of some lip'chit during a big game... doesn't mean they can't now be on the same team and being stronger after.

Kent

Take your own advice before you start handing it out, buddy. The only person looking for halos this entire time has been you. I voted for Cruz in the primary. He lost. I moved on. You never have.

So? I voted for Trump against Hillary...AND I didn't start this thread. You have a tendency to see what you look for.
Trump likes him.

So? I voted for Trump against Hillary...AND I didn't start this thread. You have a tendency to see what you look for.

Didn't start the thread either, did I?

As far as comments about Cruz on this thread (you know, the topic), I've said I thought he'd make a better Solicitor General (damned few on this thread would even know what that position is without Googling it), but would be a good pick for AG - and that he's not a good pick for SCOTUS. You came whining in complaining about campaign rhetoric and all that HS. It doesn't take much looking to see you whining about Trump.
This guy?

One of the rumors way back to the primaries when it was clear that Trumo was going to win but Cruz had not yet dropped out, was that if Cruz would throw in with Trump that he would get named AG and the nominated to the SC if another seat came up.

Cruz isn't popular enough nor does he have the legal chops to get through the process for the SC. One way to repair some of the damage he did to his peer relations and to gain some chops would be to be a Republican attack dog AG.

Don't know, don't really care but i do remember this very scenario being discussed.
Can't stand Cruz's sniveling and grandstanding. He seems to enjoy the microphone and camera a little too much. By that I mean he seems to play it up for the camera.

Maybe put him in a position behind the scenes as a worker bee.
He'd be fine for solicitor general, but his penchant for camera time makes him highly unlikely to want an off-camera worker bee position like the Supreme Court.
I expect Bloomberg will announce that Megyn Kelly is being considered for Press Secretary soon.
would be better in the SCOTUS. I want Trey Gowdy as AG
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

No, he would not be a better SCOTUS pick. There are a list of sitting Federal judges that would be far better picks for SCOTUS than Cruz. Start with Alex Kozinski.
Attorney General!

grin

LMAO
fwiw & imho,

Regards, Matt.

I know he's not as well liked as many. Especially here on this forum. But knowing the guy personally, he'd be good at this.
Stop talking about taking good senators out of the senate!!! We have a one person majority in there and very few conservatives we can rely on as it is. Make someone like Guliani AG.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

No, he would not be a better SCOTUS pick. There are a list of sitting Federal judges that would be far better picks for SCOTUS than Cruz. Start with Alex Kozinski.
Bingo.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Stop talking about taking good senators out of the senate!!! We have a one person majority in there and very few conservatives we can rely on as it is. Make someone like Guliani AG.

No worries in that regards because our governor will appoint a interim until a special election is held. I have confidence in Governor Abbott and Texas in replacing him.
fwiw & imho,

Regards, Matt.

I have also heard that if Cruz takes a cabinet position or SC appointment, Perry could fill his spot in the Senate. Just rumors, of course.
Attorney General!

What better opportunity for Cruz to investigate his father's alleged conspiracy with Lee Harvey Oswald? He'll be able to clear his name. wink
Personally I think Trump should leave Cruz in the senate unless he thinks he can get confirmed as for SCOTUS. (he might be able to pull that off, while not liked a vote to confirm him is also a vote to get him out of the senate)

Cruz has a role in the senate, he is the christian conservative guy on the outside. Rand Paul serves the same role from the Libertarian perspective. The two of them can remain and when the votes are there to pass what the leadership (executive and congressional) want passed they can rant and oppose from the right.

When the 4 or 8 years of the administration comes to an end and people have tired of Trump (as they do even to good presidents) Cruz and Paul can try again to run as the outsider, the instrument of change.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

No matter who it is, they need to be a bulldog, and realize coming in that they are not there to make friends.

It ain't gonna be easy with all the media vomit sure to follow for doing their job.

Cruz can always claim to his detractors that God spoke to him in a vision to prosecute Hillary and Billary because they are demon possessed.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by noKnees
Personally I think Trump should leave Cruz in the senate unless he thinks he can get confirmed as for SCOTUS.

Huckabee said that the Senate would confirm Cruz for the SCOTUS because everybody in the Senate wants him gone,....anywhere,..they don't care.

Let the grown ups talk.

Scheithead is the dumbest, most ignorant f uck that ever posted on this board.

So do I but then he'd only be 1 voice out of 7. But if he was the AG then he'd be top dog of the DOJ where he could have a larger affect.
Originally Posted by tpcollins

So do I but then he'd only be 1 voice out of 7. But if he was the AG then he'd be top dog of the DOJ where he could have a larger affect.

What happened to the other 2? crazy
Originally Posted by noKnees
Personally I think Trump should leave Cruz in the senate unless he thinks he can get confirmed as for SCOTUS.

Huckabee said that the Senate would confirm Cruz for the SCOTUS because everybody in the Senate wants him gone,....anywhere,..they don't care.

Just because he's unpopular is not a an automatic and fully bad thing. It's nice to have a senator or two that don't roll-over on command.

As to the "lyin' Ted" moniker, its prema fascie from campaign quips not? Does anybody have actual incontrovertible proof he lied? Otherwise, it's a quasi-MSM to keep repeating it.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Cruz can always claim to his detractors that God spoke to him in a vision to prosecute Hillary and Billary because they are demon possessed.

[Linked Image]
God doesn't need to tell anyone the obvious. Well, maybe some.
© 24hourcampfire