-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stop talking about taking good senators out of the senate!!! We have a one person majority in there and very few conservatives we can rely on as it is. Make someone like Guliani AG.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
would be better in the SCOTUS. I want Trey Gowdy as AG

No, he would not be a better SCOTUS pick. There are a list of sitting Federal judges that would be far better picks for SCOTUS than Cruz. Start with Alex Kozinski.
Bingo.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Stop talking about taking good senators out of the senate!!! We have a one person majority in there and very few conservatives we can rely on as it is. Make someone like Guliani AG.

No worries in that regards because our governor will appoint a interim until a special election is held. I have confidence in Governor Abbott and Texas in replacing him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw & imho,
Where is Rick Perry in all of this? Never did like Cruz...

Regards, Matt.
heard perry is being considered for sectary of veteran affairs.

I have also heard that if Cruz takes a cabinet position or SC appointment, Perry could fill his spot in the Senate. Just rumors, of course.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Attorney General!

I don't believe it. Accuse a man's father of being involved with killing JFK and then offer the man the power to appoint independent investigators to investigate any scandals that arise? Can't see Trump doing it.

What better opportunity for Cruz to investigate his father's alleged conspiracy with Lee Harvey Oswald? He'll be able to clear his name. wink

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Personally I think Trump should leave Cruz in the senate unless he thinks he can get confirmed as for SCOTUS. (he might be able to pull that off, while not liked a vote to confirm him is also a vote to get him out of the senate)

Cruz has a role in the senate, he is the christian conservative guy on the outside. Rand Paul serves the same role from the Libertarian perspective. The two of them can remain and when the votes are there to pass what the leadership (executive and congressional) want passed they can rant and oppose from the right.

When the 4 or 8 years of the administration comes to an end and people have tired of Trump (as they do even to good presidents) Cruz and Paul can try again to run as the outsider, the instrument of change.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Whoever gets the AG nod needs to be tough.

No matter who it is, they need to be a bulldog, and realize coming in that they are not there to make friends.

It ain't gonna be easy with all the media vomit sure to follow for doing their job.

Cruz can always claim to his detractors that God spoke to him in a vision to prosecute Hillary and Billary because they are demon possessed.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by noKnees
Personally I think Trump should leave Cruz in the senate unless he thinks he can get confirmed as for SCOTUS.

Huckabee said that the Senate would confirm Cruz for the SCOTUS because everybody in the Senate wants him gone,....anywhere,..they don't care.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Pretty compelling, since you haven't been right about anything.

Unlike YOUR constant whining about how we need Trump because no other Republican could win states that Romney didn't... And then Trump can't get as many votes as Romney? Or like the whining about how Ryan and all the elites will be run out of town, and the new cabinet and Speaker is elites? Yep.. I haven't been right about one single thing...

Let the grown ups talk.

Scheithead is the dumbest, most ignorant f uck that ever posted on this board.

Last edited by mirage243; 11/16/16.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Cruz is the perfect choice for Supreme Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do I but then he'd only be 1 voice out of 7. But if he was the AG then he'd be top dog of the DOJ where he could have a larger affect.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Cruz is the perfect choice for Supreme Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do I but then he'd only be 1 voice out of 7. But if he was the AG then he'd be top dog of the DOJ where he could have a larger affect.

What happened to the other 2? crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by noKnees
Personally I think Trump should leave Cruz in the senate unless he thinks he can get confirmed as for SCOTUS.

Huckabee said that the Senate would confirm Cruz for the SCOTUS because everybody in the Senate wants him gone,....anywhere,..they don't care.

Just because he's unpopular is not a an automatic and fully bad thing. It's nice to have a senator or two that don't roll-over on command.

As to the "lyin' Ted" moniker, its prema fascie from campaign quips not? Does anybody have actual incontrovertible proof he lied? Otherwise, it's a quasi-MSM to keep repeating it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Whoever gets the AG nod needs to be tough.

No matter who it is, they need to be a bulldog, and realize coming in that they are not there to make friends.

It ain't gonna be easy with all the media vomit sure to follow for doing their job.

Cruz can always claim to his detractors that God spoke to him in a vision to prosecute Hillary and Billary because they are demon possessed.

[Linked Image]
God doesn't need to tell anyone the obvious. Well, maybe some.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (10gaugemag, 14idaho, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 673, 19 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,665
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.