Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw & imho,
Where is Rick Perry in all of this? Never did like Cruz...

Regards, Matt.
heard perry is being considered for sectary of veteran affairs.

Not a bad one.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm fine with Cruz at some appointment.

I personally wouldn't give up being a Senator to have some cabinet position for Trump but Cruz is willing to shut down the government for a losing cause on Obamacare.

If he can display that kind of commitment to Trump's agenda, he's the guy to have.

Just tell him he's gotta stop sounding like a TV preacher every time he talks.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
It's good to see Bristoe back from the brink of mood swing and in the know of everything Donald Trump, the Yankee anomaly we all support for President.

And its good that Cruz still inhabits people's minds to the point such animosity is invoked at his name.

The thread is good for a laugh, but as much as I hate to break it to folks, the only report I believe about anything Trump's doing will come 2nd from Trump,

and 1st from Bob...

Press is all righteously pissed of at 'im this AM, cuz he slipped away from their gaggle to have a PRIVATE dinner with his immediate family.
.....they, and an apparently large segment of American political news fans better get used to this,...we WILL be seeing more of this.
I guess it would be better on track to say we'll be seeing LESS of our new COE.
....I like it.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I expect the PRESS will request Trump wear a GPS tracker.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Attorney General!

I don't believe it. Accuse a man's father of being involved with killing JFK and then offer the man the power to appoint independent investigators to investigate any scandals that arise? Can't see Trump doing it.

It's just politics, baby. Just politics. Not for the thin skinned.

Trump will need somebody with unquestionable integrity to restore credibility to the AG's office.

TFF that "Lyin' Ted" is such a guy.

Good God...give it a rest, Pat. You act like Trump bad-mouthed your dog.

Are you saying Cruz would NOT be a good AG pick? I personally think he's a better Solicitor General pick, but AG ain't a bad fit for him.

You don't find that funny? "Attorney General "Lyin' Ted Cruz...the man who lies more than anyone else in the entire WORLD?"

"He holds the Bible high, puts it down and then he LIES! laugh

Yes its funny as hell. Not as funny as "Crooked Hillary" becoming "good people" though. Next thing we know, Jeb Bush will be tapped to head the President's council on fitness, sports and nutrition because he has so much energy! laugh

In all seriousness, I guess this is what you call "coming together" after a "hard fought campaign". HW Bush called Reagan's policies "voodoo" and wound up being his Veep. Political critters are different from the rest of us. They put aside their "differences" for the advancement of their careers. For normal people its great comedy!

I think LT would make a great AG.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Cruz is the perfect choice for Supreme Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1!!!

No, he isn't. A sitting Federal judge is the perfect choice for the SCOTUS.

I agree. While Cruz is fine with his constitutional interpretation and philosophy, he does not have the bench experience that a sitting federal judge has.

Also, I am not totally convinced he is a serious enough legal scholar to really shine on the high court.

Then there is his abrasive personality which, in my opinion, is ill suited for the SCOTUS bench.

I think he would be better suited for a role as Solicitor General or perhaps an assistant attorney general.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 11/15/16.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Attorney General!

I don't believe it. Accuse a man's father of being involved with killing JFK and then offer the man the power to appoint independent investigators to investigate any scandals that arise? Can't see Trump doing it.

I can't believe how many of you guys can't recognize campaign rhetoric when you hear it. Cruz was and is probably the smartest and most honest candidate we had this election cycle. But that doesn't mean he has supernatural power or resources to overcome all the campain traps set for him by the RNC, news media, and other canidate election teams. Give him time, he is still young and learning.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
2011 Trump gave the max he could to Cruz's campaign, they met multiple times, he also gave almost a half million to the GOP helping to regain the senate.

Trump and Cruz have a history, Trump saw something in Cruz then and just because of some lip'chit during a big game... doesn't mean they can't now be on the same team and being stronger after.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, it's time for you to get over it. That election is history. It's time to get over the halo effect. Nobody is perfect.

Take your own advice before you start handing it out, buddy. The only person looking for halos this entire time has been you. I voted for Cruz in the primary. He lost. I moved on. You never have.

So? I voted for Trump against Hillary...AND I didn't start this thread. You have a tendency to see what you look for.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Trump likes him.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, it's time for you to get over it. That election is history. It's time to get over the halo effect. Nobody is perfect.

Take your own advice before you start handing it out, buddy. The only person looking for halos this entire time has been you. I voted for Cruz in the primary. He lost. I moved on. You never have.

So? I voted for Trump against Hillary...AND I didn't start this thread. You have a tendency to see what you look for.

Didn't start the thread either, did I?

As far as comments about Cruz on this thread (you know, the topic), I've said I thought he'd make a better Solicitor General (damned few on this thread would even know what that position is without Googling it), but would be a good pick for AG - and that he's not a good pick for SCOTUS. You came whining in complaining about campaign rhetoric and all that HS. It doesn't take much looking to see you whining about Trump.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This guy?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
One of the rumors way back to the primaries when it was clear that Trumo was going to win but Cruz had not yet dropped out, was that if Cruz would throw in with Trump that he would get named AG and the nominated to the SC if another seat came up.

Cruz isn't popular enough nor does he have the legal chops to get through the process for the SC. One way to repair some of the damage he did to his peer relations and to gain some chops would be to be a Republican attack dog AG.

Don't know, don't really care but i do remember this very scenario being discussed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can't stand Cruz's sniveling and grandstanding. He seems to enjoy the microphone and camera a little too much. By that I mean he seems to play it up for the camera.

Maybe put him in a position behind the scenes as a worker bee.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He'd be fine for solicitor general, but his penchant for camera time makes him highly unlikely to want an off-camera worker bee position like the Supreme Court.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I expect Bloomberg will announce that Megyn Kelly is being considered for Press Secretary soon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
would be better in the SCOTUS. I want Trey Gowdy as AG

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
would be better in the SCOTUS. I want Trey Gowdy as AG

No, he would not be a better SCOTUS pick. There are a list of sitting Federal judges that would be far better picks for SCOTUS than Cruz. Start with Alex Kozinski.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Attorney General!

Pretty compelling, since you haven't been right about anything.

grin

LMAO

Camp is where you make it.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw & imho,
Where is Rick Perry in all of this? Never did like Cruz...

Regards, Matt.
heard perry is being considered for sectary of veteran affairs.

I know he's not as well liked as many. Especially here on this forum. But knowing the guy personally, he'd be good at this.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, Akhutr, 79S, 16 invisible), 1,785 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,446
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.