Home
(Zero Hedge) One day after John McCain, a known critic of Donald Trump, took a stab at the Republican president when he told members of the European political elite gathered at a military conference in Munich that the Trump administration “is in disarray“, further stoking concerns about the stability and order at the White House, the neo-conservative senator spoke to NBC’s Chuck Todd, who will air the full interview on Sunday morning.
The topic of discussion was, naturally, Trump’s tweet from last night, in which he said “The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!” and to which Todd responded at the time that “I would hope that our leaders would never believe that any American desires to make another American an enemy. Let’s dial it back.” It appears that by “dialing it back” he didn’t mean stop talking about the ongoing feud between the president and the media, as that was the topic of the following 90 second exchange, in which the failed presidential candidate once again slammed Trump, and told Todd that “if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and in many times adversarial free press, and without it we’d lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.”
Full exchange below…
CHUCK TODD: I’m curious of your reaction to a tweet that the president sent Friday night. “The fake news media, failing New York Times, NBC News, ABC, CBS, CNN is not my enemy. It is the enemy of the American people.” You believe the press is the enemy? You believe any group of Americans are the enemy of another group of Americans?
JOHN MCCAIN: I was talking about the period as, you know, of the new world order. A fundamental part of that new world order was a free press. I hate the press. I hate you especially. But the fact is we need you. We need a free press. We must have it. It’s vital. If you want to preserve – I’m very serious now – if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press. And without it, I am afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.
CHUCK TODD: That’s how dictators get started, with tweets like that?
JOHN MCCAIN: No. They get started by suppressing free press. In other words, a consolidation of power when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do is shut down the press. And I’m not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I’m just saying we need to learn the lessons of history.

http://www.libertyheadlines.com/mcc...rp-media-may-lead-dictatorship/?AID=7236
McCain is so full of double talk and innuendo you can't understand him. Trump is the very epitome of clarity.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
McCain is so full of double talk and innuendo you can't understand him. Trump is the very epitome of clarity.

Yep!
It's way past time for him to retire.
Lol, And folks thought Trump was a democrat in disguise.
McCain, save for his vote in the senate, is irrelevant.

Certain irony therein, what with his fame the result of his father's weight and his own mediocre piloting skill set. What has Johnny accomplished? Really?
The only real thing in life McCain has done on his own was become a POW in Nam
John (Wayne) McCain. While certainly a "war hero" --- he is now waaay past his "sell date" and if you want to know a bit more about his "bombing skills" when he was aboard the USS Forrestal, read this:

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20081007_investigating_john_mccains_tragedy_at_sea
McLame has been a traitor, and a "Manchurian candidate", for decades. His recent speeches continue to prove he is working for foreign interests and against American interests, the same as he has since returning "home".

His respectable service was done long ago.
That's a red herring and everybody knows it. McLame has always had his nose stuffed up the Liberal press' butts.

Everybody knows that Pres Trump isn't threatening the free press. The fact he can't push back against what they say without them whining like little botches says it all. They're panty waists and need to be challenged.
"new world order" used multiple times

????????
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

????????

Accuse the enemy of what you plan...
Originally Posted by bea175
(Zero Hedge) One day after John McCain, a known critic of Donald Trump, took a stab at the Republican president when he told members of the European political elite gathered at a military conference in Munich that the Trump administration “is in disarray“, further stoking concerns about the stability and order at the White House, the neo-conservative senator spoke to NBC’s Chuck Todd, who will air the full interview on Sunday morning.
The topic of discussion was, naturally, Trump’s tweet from last night, in which he said “The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!” and to which Todd responded at the time that “I would hope that our leaders would never believe that any American desires to make another American an enemy. Let’s dial it back.” It appears that by “dialing it back” he didn’t mean stop talking about the ongoing feud between the president and the media, as that was the topic of the following 90 second exchange, in which the failed presidential candidate once again slammed Trump, and told Todd that “if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and in many times adversarial free press, and without it we’d lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.”
Full exchange below…
CHUCK TODD: I’m curious of your reaction to a tweet that the president sent Friday night. “The fake news media, failing New York Times, NBC News, ABC, CBS, CNN is not my enemy. It is the enemy of the American people.” You believe the press is the enemy? You believe any group of Americans are the enemy of another group of Americans?
JOHN MCCAIN: I was talking about the period as, you know, of the new world order. A fundamental part of that new world order was a free press. I hate the press. I hate you especially. But the fact is we need you. We need a free press. We must have it. It’s vital. If you want to preserve – I’m very serious now – if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press. And without it, I am afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.
CHUCK TODD: That’s how dictators get started, with tweets like that?
JOHN MCCAIN: No. They get started by suppressing free press. In other words, a consolidation of power when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do is shut down the press. And I’m not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I’m just saying we need to learn the lessons of history.

http://www.libertyheadlines.com/mcc...rp-media-may-lead-dictatorship/?AID=7236

So let me see, you have an elected member of government undermining your sitting Government at a foreign international military conference.

I thought you lot were still allowed to hang traitors?
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I thought you lot were still allowed to hang traitors?

There's a long list on 'em that ought to be well hung.

But aren't.
They should start with Obama
Originally Posted by bea175
They should start with Obama

I could care less where they start. As long as they don't miss any.
There is one problem with the point of view expressed by Todd and McCain.
The main stream media has, in fact, become the enemy of the American people, and McCain is not far behind.
When they (the media) present opinion as fact, when they tell only one side of a two sided story, when they take sides and play favorites in the electoral system, they are the enemy. The enemy or truth, the enemy of fair and balanced, the enemy of a free and open election system.
The enemy of the American people.
Originally Posted by Anaconda
There is one problem with the point of view expressed by Todd and McCain.
The main stream media has, in fact, become the enemy of the American people, and McCain is not far behind.
When they (the media) present opinion as fact, when they tell only one side of a two sided story, when they take sides and play favorites in the electoral system, they are the enemy. The enemy or truth, the enemy of fair and balanced, the enemy of a free and open election system.
The enemy of the American people.

Bingo! McCain refuses to acknowledge that the Press is almost wholly Leftists and are active antagonists to anything outside the Progressive agenda. This is not 1972 when Bob Woodward was putting Nixon and a coverup. This is an institutional attempt and derailing Trump AND the GOP.
McCain has an ego that is out of control. Trumps argument with the media is their continuation of false stories. Its perfectly fine if the media takes on a politician with substantive data or an issue, but continually using false facts to make a case is antithetical to any issue.
The media is displaying a "new normal" that many of us who follow daily news have not seen before.
Death throes of Neoconservatism/globalist.
Republicans have been sucking chi-com cock for so long I would not expect them to give up there money without a fight.
dave
Bea175: I could care less what media outlet you are posting for!
I would much rather know what you think of john mcCain.
Nowhere in your original posting can I discern what you think of the aging and ailing and mentally unstable john mcCain!
Why?
I am not trying to steal your thread as I am perfectly capable of starting my own but your post title touches on an important topic - and that is what in the hell is wrong with john mcCain!
And again YOU make no mention of your opinion/observations/conjecture!
I will make my opinion/observations/conjecture known to you - I think john mcCain is mentally deficient and getting worse!
I think he is an ego-maniac and is bitter about his inability to attain the Presidency and his mental issues are causing him to attack the leader of his own party.
WTF?
And he has been back stabbing the Republican Party and traditional valued Americans who vote Republican for over a decade now!
I say john mcCain GO TO HELL and STAY THERE!
john mcCain proves his inability for rational thought when he defends those in the liberal media who repeatedly go out of their way to tell lies about Donald J. Trump and make up rabid like lies and "fake stories" about Donald J. Trump!
I mean it when I ask WHAT is wrong with john mcCain?
Two moths ago two friends and I were discussing WHO in the Republican Party would be the first to stab the newly elected Republican President in the back - our answers were unanimous "john mcCain"!
We were proven correct - and that's sad in a way.
Again I could give a rats ass less about what "liberty" says about anything - I reject 99% of all media's opinions outright.
I do care what like minded fellows of mine think though - if you would care to expound - like I have/do I would appreciate it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

????????

Accuse the enemy of what you plan...

Yep, seen this often in the past, you'd think they woould change their tactics by now.

As an aside note: When seeing McCain on TV, it appears that the left side of his face is getting larger and more misshapen.
Makes me wonder if his cancer is coming back. Maybe in his brain?
Just wondering...
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bea175: I could care less what media outlet you are posting for!
I would much rather know what you think of john mcCain.
Nowhere in your original posting can I discern what you think of the aging and ailing and mentally unstable john mcCain!
Why?
I am not trying to steal your thread as I am perfectly capable of starting my own but your post title touches on an important topic - and that is what in the hell is wrong with john mcCain!
And again YOU make no mention of your opinion/observations/conjecture!
I will make my opinion/observations/conjecture known to you - I think john mcCain is mentally deficient and getting worse!
I think he is an ego-maniac and is bitter about his inability to attain the Presidency and his mental issues are causing him to attack the leader of his own party.
WTF?
And he has been back stabbing the Republican Party and traditional valued Americans who vote Republican for over a decade now!
I say john mcCain GO TO HELL and STAY THERE!
john mcCain proves his inability for rational thought when he defends those in the liberal media who repeatedly go out of their way to tell lies about Donald J. Trump and make up rabid like lies and "fake stories" about Donald J. Trump!
I mean it when I ask WHAT is wrong with john mcCain?
Two moths ago two friends and I were discussing WHO in the Republican Party would be the first to stab the newly elected Republican President in the back - our answers were unanimous "john mcCain"!
We were proven correct - and that's sad in a way.
Again I could give a rats ass less about what "liberty" says about anything - I reject 99% of all media's opinions outright.
I do care what like minded fellows of mine think though - if you would care to expound - like I have/do I would appreciate it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

If McCain dies today I would buy you a drink.
Originally Posted by hatari
This is an institutional attempt and derailing Trump AND the GOP.

I don't know about that last part. McCain is much more brazen than the rest for sure, but I think the obvious direction of his loyalties is something common to the whole establishment, GOP included.

That's why we'll continue to see the legislative branch, which they have even tighter control of than they have in a while, shuffle their feet and soft peddle the agenda that got Trump... and them... elected.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
McCain has an ego that is out of control. Trumps argument with the media is their continuation of false stories. Its perfectly fine if the media takes on a politician with substantive data or an issue, but continually using false facts to make a case is antithetical to any issue.
The media is displaying a "new normal" that many of us who follow daily news have not seen before.

McCain & Todd both know the difference full well and are playing the same shell game they always do in an attempt to distract from their cabal.
So glad to know freedom doesnt need an honest press. I guess dictatorships do?
Almost watched MTP today, glad I didn't

Chuck Todd is starting to remind me more and more of bill Maher

Just a place for a good backhand bitch slap to,land

Wouldn't pizz on McCain if he were on fire
Rush will be on with Chris Wallace today. May be good.
McCain might as well change his party to dhimmicrat. He thinks like them, hates America like them, and votes with them
Benedict Arnold was once thought of as a hero..
McCain is a disgusting husk of a former man. To side with the fascist,intolerant, Christian hating liberal propaganda machine is perverted. He is a globalist, an elite, part of the deep state that hates America and normal Americans.
McCain clearly stated that he wasn't saying the Trump was doing that but that it was a general statement. A step back from what the msm says about it.

Yeah, he was too gutless to say Trumps name. The coward used innuendo.
Just sent McConnell a email. Time to tell McCain to shut up. He's undermining a R president. Old Mitch can remove him from his committee assignments. Hasbeen
There is nothing "free" about a press that is biased and dishonest as proven.
McCain uses his military service the way some Christians use their faith. Phuqck that guy.
John is just clarifying his status as a swamp creature. Sad.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

McCain would have endorsed a third term for Obama if he thought THEY could have gotten away with it...the way he laid down for Obama in 2008 was disgusting. He's part of the "swamp" that needs draining...new world order believer.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Rush will be on with Chris Wallace today. May be good.

Starts in 5 minutes.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
McCain might as well change his party to dhimmicrat.

Not true. He is much more useful to the globalists as a Republican. Like Lindsay & Olympia the media can interview them and say, "see reasonable Republicans think this way too!"
John McLame is so full of schitt he hasn't breathed fresh air in years!
Gutless SOB
© 24hourcampfire