Home
Bill O'Reilly and his show are on a 2 week hiatus in the aftermath of his sex scandal settlement. There is speculation that his show will get the axe as a result.

There are plenty around the 'fire that are not particularly fans, but there are a few things about this situation that should be taken into consideration. First of all, what are the "charges" brought against him?

"The New York Times reported earlier this month that five former coworkers alleged repeated instances of verbal abuse, lewd comments, and unwanted advances that resulted in settlements paid by Fox News and O'Reilly himself.

Through a representative, the Fox News host has denied the allegations, saying he settled complaints quietly not out of guilt but because he felt the accusations would harm his family."

You can interpret these charges in many ways. In this day and age a simple "Hey Megan, you're looking hot in the outfit! What to grab lunch?" would fit that scenario 100%. So would "Hey Megan, that tight skirt hugs your ass nicely" would do the same. Tell me what's worth a lawsuit about either of those, really?

Whether or not O'Reilly has been conservative enough for your tastes shouldn't be an issue here. He has been a pioneer of conservative media for 21 years on Fox. The Left HATES him, and he's been a target. If FOX cans him, then the Left has silenced a big name in conservative media.

Explain to me how this is any different or worse than David Letterman's case? Letterman was actually bonking his staffers. He survived that just fine.

My issue with all this goes to the current PC political climate where women can be offended by anything and make any encounter a charge of abuse, discrimination or misogyny.

Goes along with a new trend hitting college campuses. Guy and girl go out. Girl likes the guy, but he's not into her and drops the relationship. Chick files a Title IX complaint against him with the school. There is a hearing and a judgement all within the school and you know how those go.

Maybe I don't like to live in a society where you can be sued for saying "nice ass!" or get sued because you didn't say "nice ass!" depending on the mood of some neurotic hormonal [bleep] and the whim of public opinion and the adjudication system we have. It is all to easy for the Left to use this type of play to smear their opponents, but it never sticks to them.
Never liked O, but that being said, this is just part of the master plan of the media. Kill all the opposition, any way they can. They drive the agenda.
If they fire anyone, they need to fire Shep.

Bill O has been the target of liberal liars for awhile now. This is their latest blitz.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Bill O has been the target of liberal liars for awhile now. This is their latest blitz.

THIS
Yes. Undoubtedly his next book will be entitled, "Killing O'Reilly." The Murdochs are attempting to buy the remaining balance of UK's Sky TV that they already don't own for like 14 billion. There is talk that Fox's "corporate culture" (of sexual harassment) might stand in the way of regulatory approval for the deal. No matter of his star status in the past, or his profitability to the network, it seems that he has now become a liability.

See:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fox-is-preparing-to-cut-ties-with-bill-oreilly-1492566611

I don't watch Shep, but I haven't watched Mr. "AR's are heavy weapons and we need national gun registries" O'Reilly for years either.

No loss at all. Hire Dana Loesch to fill his slot.
I haven't been following this, but I doubt that Fox will drop the Golden Egg. Top rated show on the network.
He's gone.
Yeah sure, even O'Reilly's wife didn't stand by him during all those accusations. Judging by the local comments then, She must be a Liberal too.....just out to get him.

Why in the world would he/they pay off so many suits/accusations over the years? If he truly had the integrity and honesty above all this, why pay people off, thus furthering questions of authenticity of the accusations?

Within the last 2 weeks, another accusation by a clerk in the office there. Ailes was ousted way back when his behaviors became problematic for Fox. He created a climate of swingin' d....s ruling the harem. Of course, I don't know for sure, but I don't expect common sense to persuade many here.

The court of opinion on the CF has historically convicted many on much less.

What happened to "if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..."?

O'Reilly's behavior has become problematic. He'll be "retired."
If he was a liberal democrat, he'd be a hero. You know, like Bill Clinton..
Originally Posted by jorgeI

We'll know whether Bill O is smart or not if/when he brings Bill C on as a legal adviser.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

10-4. Too much of a man for one woman to stand.
Originally Posted by Wyogal

Why in the world would he/they pay off so many suits/accusations over the years? If he truly had the integrity and honesty above all this, why pay people off, thus furthering questions of authenticity of the accusations?

Within the last 2 weeks, another accusation by a clerk in the office there. Ailes was ousted way back when his behaviors became problematic for Fox. He created a climate of swingin' d....s ruling the harem. Of course, I don't know for sure, but I don't expect common sense to persuade many here.

What I want to know - and will never know - is what is the real story? I posted on a previous thread that there is a huge difference between what Anita Hill did to Clarence Thomas over a pubic hair joke and demanding booty for a job.

"Sexual harassment" now means "anythig I don't want to hear". It is such a broad category that we've gottent o the poit that when a woman doesn't like a man's point of view in an arguement they start screaming "you're raping me!"

If he's a dog, then he gets what he deserves, but let us not forget that the Left has had a BIG bullseye on O'Reilly for 20 years.
ol reilly is a talented individual. has to be. but fox is there to make a profit and protect their brand, whatever that is.

they let meghan kelley slip away without a whimper. and the lady from wisconsin (forget her name).

ol reilly turns on a lot of folks, but turns a bunch off too, as does maddow, etc.

they don't have andrea tantarous anymore. what a loss that was.

the question becomes who do they have waiting in the wings, that is sitting on the bench? the coaches want to play to win.
Bill O can KMA. He's a neocon with a bad take on the Constitution. He can FOAD. He's no friend of mine.
Never thought of it that way, that it might be a plan to chit can conservatives.

I guess he might be a D-bag, but for better or worse, he is our D-bag.
I don't think O'Reilly is very smart at all.

Social interactions whether on the job or elsewhere, folks generally learn, who they can joke with, and how, by simply taking the time to know them. That is a simple respectful way.

When personal, crude, sexually untoward comments are made without regard, and in spite of obvious disgusted reactions, then its a power play, because they don't care who the person is or respect social boundaries. They do it because they think they can without repercussions, and don't care if it offends.

He used to be my D-bag as well, for several years. But recently no more.
O'Reilly is an obnoxious ego maniac. The women he works with are Beautiful and smart. They make less than he does.
Because of the ego, he thinks he might have a chance so he risks an occasional try at some of them. He makes a comment in case one of them might be interested after all he is the Great Man that he is.
They are waiting on it. They document it. When their contract isn't renewed or they don't get their own show. they cry foul and they claim a hostile work environment.
I think it would be a mistake for FOX to cut him.
...Within the last 2 weeks, another accusation by a clerk in the office there. Ailes was ousted way back when his behaviors became problematic for Fox. He created a climate of swingin' d....s ruling the harem. Of course, I don't know for sure, but I don't expect common sense to persuade many here...

Bill O'Reilly is 10 years older than I am. I don't condone real sexual harassment, but what passes for sexual harassment these days is a joke. The only way to avoid it is to not speak to female employees. Ultra-sensitive females looking for the big payment from the millionaires in their midst take a common statement meant to be complimentary and claim they're being subjected to a hostile work environment. If it weren't so skewed, so beyond common sense, destroying many careers, it would be worthy of an "LOL" and general derision from the other employees. I hope O'Reilly stays.
You've made many many assumptions in a very short time, as have others. Based on voiced accusations, telling a woman featured contributor on Fox to come to his hotel room in the same conversation as telling her he will make her a regular contributor does send a message, both verbal and unvoiced.
Her refusal resulting in a "never will be on his show again" from him, assured his agenda. And others.
Minimizing his agenda is starting to identify some as fanboys of the O'Reilly way of human interaction.
Two words TOMMI LAUREN. Problem solved!!!!

Take care, Willie
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
O'Reilly is an obnoxious ego maniac. The women he works with are Beautiful and smart. They make less than he does.
Because of the ego, he thinks he might have a chance so he risks an occasional try at some of them. He makes a comment in case one of them might be interested after all he is the Great Man that he is.
They are waiting on it. They document it. When their contract isn't renewed or they don't get their own show. they cry foul and they claim a hostile work environment.

Those women are way smart, and have probably joked and talked with many rich successful men in their professional lives without ill results.
You've made yet another assumption about smart, beautiful women, and about O'Reilly. I myself would not make those assumptions so quickly.

Additionally, accusations cite multiple and repeated unwanted sexually crude, intimidating harassment from him.
How about the most rational possibility of all. A money grab by a woman who wants more fame and air time and when she did not get what she wanted she set out to teach him a " lesson"? He will be back. It is more or less his show, he can have who he wants on it. Jmho
!
Originally Posted by robertacabin
How about the most rational possibility of all. A money grab by a woman who wants more fame and air time and when she did not get what she wanted she set out to teach him a " lesson"? He will be back. It is more or less his show, he can have who he wants on it. Jmho

Rational to you , and seen as a possibility by someONE to me.
But not a whole bunch of women with the same intent. That's not rational. Assuming that would also show an unfortunate bias. I don't want to think of all men as having that bias. I've met many who don't have that bias, but are aware of when signs show someone to be a money grabber.

Those women are way smart, and have probably joked and talked with many rich successful men in their professional lives without ill results.
You've made yet another assumption about smart, beautiful women, and about O'Reilly. I myself would not make those assumptions so quickly.

Additionally, accusations cite multiple and repeated unwanted sexually crude, intimidating harassment from him.

Please also read the part I wrote: "if he is a dog, he gets what he deserves".

Indeed Sir. Thanks. I agree.
The problem for Bill is that the Murdoch sons are leftists and want to swing fox far left. They're looking for an excuse to get rid of Bill.
They sure got one, don't they?
I'll surely never know the truth of the matter. If the man did what he is accused of[lots of smoke, so...] he's done as he should be.
"..also we'd like to hear from you, about the Factor from anywhere in the [email protected], [email protected]

name and town, name and town, name and town if you wish to opine.

"The Word of the Day,..Flouter

Don't be a Flouter when talking with your coworkers.!

Thanks for watching the Factor tonight, I am Bill O'Reilly.

Please remember, the "spin" stops here, cause we are looking out for you!"

Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The problem for Bill is that the Murdoch sons are leftists and want to swing fox far left. They're looking for an excuse to get rid of Bill.

this is a valid point, however unpalatable to the rank & file.

if the owners see more profit in reversing course, and de-throning cnn & smnbc on the far-left, then it behooves them to do just that. drop the ballast, and sail full speed ahead. it's all about market share, and it doesn't much matter where it comes from, given capitalism being what it is.

one monkey don't stop no show. if testosterone doesn't sell, then find something that does. it's really that simple.
Reliable internet news sources are reporting Bill O'Reilly has been fired. Tucker Will likely take his 8:00 pm time slot.

Doc
ol' Megyn Kelly will be crying in her beer if Tucker ends up with the Prime time slot..
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Bill O can KMA. He's a neocon with a bad take on the Constitution. He can FOAD. He's no friend of mine.

^
This..
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
ol' Megyn Kelly will be crying in her beer if Tucker ends up with the Prime time slot..

yes she will. she'll also be basking in her millions. life will go on with her in grand style.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Maybe, but I doubt it. She is really a Liberal at heart. She seemed to be going "Hollywood".
They would never have given her the slot, and I think she knew her days were numbered.
There was once a fellow in our community who had quite the reputation as a womanizer. His theory was pretty simple....if you knock on enough doors, somebody will eventually let you in. There are men who think they are God's gift to women, and they think that every woman wants them. Bill Clinton was like that, and we on the Right condemned him for it, even though there was really no "proof" that some of the things he was accused of actually happened. But, we took the side of the women who accused him anyway. So, here we have a Conservative who is accused of the same thing, and some of you just don't see it the same way you did when it was Clinton being talked about. Despite what some of you think, women are not fair game for any male who wants to "suggest" something to them. Those of you who are married would be ready to whip another man's ass if he made a pass at your wife.....yet some of you are willing to give O'Reilly a pass. The old saying, "where there is smoke, there is fire", applies to this situation. A man, and I believe it would apply to any man, is not going to pay out millions of dollars to women who say he harassed them, unless he really did and he just wants to shut them up. He screwed up. He thought he was a big shot, who could get all the strange he wanted because of who he was. While I don't want to see FOX become any less conservative than what it is, they need to dump O'Reilly and move on. Let him see what it's like when he is no longer in the limelight.
Hannity needs to be looking for an exit strategy. There will be no conservatives left within months of Ruperts' death. Kelly was let go because she wanted way more than she was worth and had burned the bridges with the rest of the talent at Fox. She was more of an egomaniac than even O'Rielly is.
Not to hijack my own thread, but Kelly gambled and lost because of HER greed. Yes, last summer in her greed to promote her upcoming book, Kelly decided she need to take a stand on some issue to thrust her to the front. Her issue was Trump grabbing snatch and what a vile breast he is. She thought that that would play and it didn't. When it didn't, her book flopped and left her bitter and angry.

O'Reilly's time has come and gone. He schtick was getting tired.
I bet Bill gets canned.

smile
Nailed it! wink

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-has-decided-bill-oreilly-has-to-go.html
Originally Posted by ironbender
I bet Bill gets canned.

smile

Wow bold post a hour after he was canned. LOL
Originally Posted by tzone
I bet Bill gets canned.

smile

Wow bold post a hour after he was canned. LOL

So you're saying that you see the humor in that? wink
I still would have rather them to have fired Shep's liberal sorry ass.
Why, did he sexually harass some male interns?

I aint crazy about him either.
Originally Posted by hatari

Please also read the part I wrote: "if he is a dog, he gets what he deserves".

Why, Bill, Hillary and Weiner havent? wink

I guess this proves Trump on the money and grabbing bit. Grabbers have to be hunks and have money.
If you don't like O'Reilly, don't watch him...

but canning him, means the liberal left has a big win in their little planet...

they'll be bragging it was them who got O'Reilly canned... for the next year or more..." from a conservative network" no less...

Personally I like O'Reilly, whether that is popular or not...

I kinda ignore all of this sex scandal stuff, etc...

for two reasons...

1. Anyone woman can claim sexual harassment at the drop of a hat, and most can stumble all over themselves to accommodate her.... truth to it or not.

2. Sexual impropriety is a big deal if someone is a conservative who is accused.... its no big deal and is quickly forgiven if the accused is a damn liberal...

just another of society's dual standards....

I would support keeping O'Reilly or anyone else who pisses off the liberal left, until the day he drops dead... just to piss off the liberal left...

after O'Reilly who is their next 'victim' in their sights?
It's not to give in to the left, but to stop the hemorrhage of ad revenue. FOX wants to make money; O'Reilly is hurting that.

I suspect there was a fire somewhere under all the alleged sexual harassment smoke but it was a early video of him trying to tape a show segment posted somewhere here that opened my eyes to his volatile, infantile temper. Imagine working for or with that!

Maybe he's changed and maybe these allegations are not wholly true. Inexcusable if to any significant extent they are.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I suspect there was a fire somewhere under all the alleged sexual harassment smoke but it was a early video of him trying to tape a show segment posted somewhere here that opened my eyes to his volatile, infantile temper. Imagine working for or with that!

Maybe he's changed and maybe these allegations are not wholly true. Inexcusable if to any significant extent they are.

Probably this video, I watched it years ago too. What a jerk.

He's done, they don't need the bad press or another one of Bill's lame attempts at picking ladies up...he's a scumbag.
Looks like Tucker Carlson is getting O'Reilly's prime time slot.
The "Five" just announced that they would be moving into the 9 P.M. slot that is currently being held by Tucker. That would imply that he is moving into the the 8 PM slot of O'Reilly. Tucker's ratings are too high to move him without giving him that prime spot. Fox2 today announced that 70% of O'Reilly's sponsors have removed there sponsorship if O'Reilly stays. They also said that Fox and O'Reilly are in negotiations as to when his last show will be. It looks like he will just be terminated and will not be able to came back and defend himself as he leaves. He just signed a long term contract for $20,000,000 a year that is also being negotiated.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Looks like Tucker Carlson is getting O'Reilly's prime time slot.

They have slots to fill over at Fox News. (No pun intended grin )

10 years from now, today's conservative champions will be trashed here at the Fire too.

They could fire Shep as a consolation prize, though.
Billy probably already has an offer from CNN or MSNBC.
He'll fit in well.
He deserves everything coming his way!
Go Caps!!
Never cared for his show much, but its all about trying to destroy any conservative voice.

Doubt this statement...David Letterman, anybody remember his dalliance? and the left was SILENT on it, he never missed a day at work, and went on to joke about it on his show.
Billy probably already has an offer from CNN or MSNBC.
He'll fit in well.

They got some 'Hot Chocolate' over there? grin
Originally Posted by cv540
Never cared for his show much, but its all about trying to destroy any conservative voice.

Doubt this statement...David Letterman, anybody remember his dalliance? and the left was SILENT on it, he never missed a day at work, and went on to joke about it on his show.

That's precisely what it is.

Fire Shep anyway! cool
he's history ... just announced.
Fox just verified he is history.
Take Shep and Kennedy....can't stand her either.
Good'bye ted baxter..You pompous azze
O'reilly thought he was above himself, little did he know. He's an A'Hole!!
Yet Wolf Blitzer continues down his rosy road...

You can't be fired for being a Lefty and a ultra liberal network.
Originally Posted by lightning

You can't be fired for being a Lefty at an ultra liberal network.

Plus, a male reporter can't be fired for for sexual harassment against another male reporter, and likewise a female against female, unless it's the Fox network. All the others networks are infiltrated by Queers and Dykes, and they love being sexually harassed by the same sex, therefore no lawsuits!
© 24hourcampfire