Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bill O'Reilly and his show are on a 2 week hiatus in the aftermath of his sex scandal settlement. There is speculation that his show will get the axe as a result.

There are plenty around the 'fire that are not particularly fans, but there are a few things about this situation that should be taken into consideration. First of all, what are the "charges" brought against him?

"The New York Times reported earlier this month that five former coworkers alleged repeated instances of verbal abuse, lewd comments, and unwanted advances that resulted in settlements paid by Fox News and O'Reilly himself.

Through a representative, the Fox News host has denied the allegations, saying he settled complaints quietly not out of guilt but because he felt the accusations would harm his family."

You can interpret these charges in many ways. In this day and age a simple "Hey Megan, you're looking hot in the outfit! What to grab lunch?" would fit that scenario 100%. So would "Hey Megan, that tight skirt hugs your ass nicely" would do the same. Tell me what's worth a lawsuit about either of those, really?

Whether or not O'Reilly has been conservative enough for your tastes shouldn't be an issue here. He has been a pioneer of conservative media for 21 years on Fox. The Left HATES him, and he's been a target. If FOX cans him, then the Left has silenced a big name in conservative media.

Explain to me how this is any different or worse than David Letterman's case? Letterman was actually bonking his staffers. He survived that just fine.

My issue with all this goes to the current PC political climate where women can be offended by anything and make any encounter a charge of abuse, discrimination or misogyny.

Goes along with a new trend hitting college campuses. Guy and girl go out. Girl likes the guy, but he's not into her and drops the relationship. Chick files a Title IX complaint against him with the school. There is a hearing and a judgement all within the school and you know how those go.

Maybe I don't like to live in a society where you can be sued for saying "nice ass!" or get sued because you didn't say "nice ass!" depending on the mood of some neurotic hormonal [bleep] and the whim of public opinion and the adjudication system we have. It is all to easy for the Left to use this type of play to smear their opponents, but it never sticks to them.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never liked O, but that being said, this is just part of the master plan of the media. Kill all the opposition, any way they can. They drive the agenda.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If they fire anyone, they need to fire Shep.

Bill O has been the target of liberal liars for awhile now. This is their latest blitz.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Bill O has been the target of liberal liars for awhile now. This is their latest blitz.

THIS

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Yes. Undoubtedly his next book will be entitled, "Killing O'Reilly." The Murdochs are attempting to buy the remaining balance of UK's Sky TV that they already don't own for like 14 billion. There is talk that Fox's "corporate culture" (of sexual harassment) might stand in the way of regulatory approval for the deal. No matter of his star status in the past, or his profitability to the network, it seems that he has now become a liability.

See:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fox-is-preparing-to-cut-ties-with-bill-oreilly-1492566611

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I don't watch Shep, but I haven't watched Mr. "AR's are heavy weapons and we need national gun registries" O'Reilly for years either.

No loss at all. Hire Dana Loesch to fill his slot.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't been following this, but I doubt that Fox will drop the Golden Egg. Top rated show on the network.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
He's gone.

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yeah sure, even O'Reilly's wife didn't stand by him during all those accusations. Judging by the local comments then, She must be a Liberal too.....just out to get him.

Why in the world would he/they pay off so many suits/accusations over the years? If he truly had the integrity and honesty above all this, why pay people off, thus furthering questions of authenticity of the accusations?

Within the last 2 weeks, another accusation by a clerk in the office there. Ailes was ousted way back when his behaviors became problematic for Fox. He created a climate of swingin' d....s ruling the harem. Of course, I don't know for sure, but I don't expect common sense to persuade many here.

The court of opinion on the CF has historically convicted many on much less.

What happened to "if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..."?

O'Reilly's behavior has become problematic. He'll be "retired."

Last edited by Wyogal; 04/18/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If he was a liberal democrat, he'd be a hero. You know, like Bill Clinton..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

We'll know whether Bill O is smart or not if/when he brings Bill C on as a legal adviser.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI

10-4. Too much of a man for one woman to stand.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal

Why in the world would he/they pay off so many suits/accusations over the years? If he truly had the integrity and honesty above all this, why pay people off, thus furthering questions of authenticity of the accusations?

Within the last 2 weeks, another accusation by a clerk in the office there. Ailes was ousted way back when his behaviors became problematic for Fox. He created a climate of swingin' d....s ruling the harem. Of course, I don't know for sure, but I don't expect common sense to persuade many here.

What I want to know - and will never know - is what is the real story? I posted on a previous thread that there is a huge difference between what Anita Hill did to Clarence Thomas over a pubic hair joke and demanding booty for a job.

"Sexual harassment" now means "anythig I don't want to hear". It is such a broad category that we've gottent o the poit that when a woman doesn't like a man's point of view in an arguement they start screaming "you're raping me!"

If he's a dog, then he gets what he deserves, but let us not forget that the Left has had a BIG bullseye on O'Reilly for 20 years.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ol reilly is a talented individual. has to be. but fox is there to make a profit and protect their brand, whatever that is.

they let meghan kelley slip away without a whimper. and the lady from wisconsin (forget her name).

ol reilly turns on a lot of folks, but turns a bunch off too, as does maddow, etc.

they don't have andrea tantarous anymore. what a loss that was.

the question becomes who do they have waiting in the wings, that is sitting on the bench? the coaches want to play to win.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bill O can KMA. He's a neocon with a bad take on the Constitution. He can FOAD. He's no friend of mine.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Never thought of it that way, that it might be a plan to chit can conservatives.

I guess he might be a D-bag, but for better or worse, he is our D-bag.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I don't think O'Reilly is very smart at all.

Social interactions whether on the job or elsewhere, folks generally learn, who they can joke with, and how, by simply taking the time to know them. That is a simple respectful way.

When personal, crude, sexually untoward comments are made without regard, and in spite of obvious disgusted reactions, then its a power play, because they don't care who the person is or respect social boundaries. They do it because they think they can without repercussions, and don't care if it offends.

He used to be my D-bag as well, for several years. But recently no more.

Last edited by Wyogal; 04/19/17.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
O'Reilly is an obnoxious ego maniac. The women he works with are Beautiful and smart. They make less than he does.
Because of the ego, he thinks he might have a chance so he risks an occasional try at some of them. He makes a comment in case one of them might be interested after all he is the Great Man that he is.
They are waiting on it. They document it. When their contract isn't renewed or they don't get their own show. they cry foul and they claim a hostile work environment.
I think it would be a mistake for FOX to cut him.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Wyogal
...Within the last 2 weeks, another accusation by a clerk in the office there. Ailes was ousted way back when his behaviors became problematic for Fox. He created a climate of swingin' d....s ruling the harem. Of course, I don't know for sure, but I don't expect common sense to persuade many here...

Bill O'Reilly is 10 years older than I am. I don't condone real sexual harassment, but what passes for sexual harassment these days is a joke. The only way to avoid it is to not speak to female employees. Ultra-sensitive females looking for the big payment from the millionaires in their midst take a common statement meant to be complimentary and claim they're being subjected to a hostile work environment. If it weren't so skewed, so beyond common sense, destroying many careers, it would be worthy of an "LOL" and general derision from the other employees. I hope O'Reilly stays.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You've made many many assumptions in a very short time, as have others. Based on voiced accusations, telling a woman featured contributor on Fox to come to his hotel room in the same conversation as telling her he will make her a regular contributor does send a message, both verbal and unvoiced.
Her refusal resulting in a "never will be on his show again" from him, assured his agenda. And others.
Minimizing his agenda is starting to identify some as fanboys of the O'Reilly way of human interaction.

Last edited by Wyogal; 04/19/17.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (2003and2013, 257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.