Home
Posted By: Alagator Somebody please explain - 05/29/17
why this guy has a 55 gal drum of dehydrated road kill. I'm fairly new to Oregon--is this a cultural phenomenon ? Inquiring minds want to know....
https://roseburg.craigslist.org/zip/6134987371.html
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Somebody please explain - 05/29/17
Indians used to put a dead fish under their corn plants for fertilizer, or so I've read. It could be a myth for all I know.
This is probably some eco-freak who's been picking it up to keep the roads clean and thereby depriving the coyotes and magpies of their groceries. Oregon has all kinds. I'll bet the neighbors downwind will be more than glad when it's gone.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Somebody please explain - 05/29/17
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Indians used to put a dead fish under their corn plants for fertilizer, or so I've read. This is probably some eco-freak who's been picking it up to keep the roads clean and thereby depriving the coyotes and magpies of their groceries. Oregon has all kinds. I'll be the neighbors downwind will be more than glad when it's gone.

Plenty around here drop a carp into a hole a couple of months before planting vegetables, I drilled a hole in the back yard and filled it with roo guts last year in preparation for planting a fruit salad tree later this year.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Somebody please explain - 05/29/17
I'm not sure if it's normal in Oregon or not but anyone who answers the add has got a screw loose for sure.
Years ago a friend used to fish for salmon in L. Ontario (non edible). He decided to place some under his flower beds in front of his house. An unknown period of time later his wife could smell something and thought it might be a gas leak. Fire dept. and gas company employees were called in. They investigated but couldn't find anything. Eventually she called him at work and he came home. He mentioned the probable cause then jumped into his car and went back to work. He left his wife to explain.

Jim
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Indians used to put a dead fish under their corn plants for fertilizer, or so I've read. This is probably some eco-freak who's been picking it up to keep the roads clean and thereby depriving the coyotes and magpies of their groceries. Oregon has all kinds. I'll be the neighbors downwind will be more than glad when it's gone.

Plenty around here drop a carp into a hole a couple of months before planting vegetables, I drilled a hole in the back yard and filled it with roo guts last year in preparation for planting a fruit salad tree later this year.

Growing up we always planted the fish carcasses in the garden after we filleted them.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Somebody please explain - 05/29/17
you are in Oregon , even Californian consider them weird.

P.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Somebody please explain - 05/29/17
Maybe it is just some crap he wants to get rid of and is trying to save the fees of taking it to the dump.
first off there is nothing in western ore that is dehydrated xcept the brains of the liberal pol's. i suspect the guy was marinating road kill into fertilizer and in his pot induced stupor called it dehydrated.
i had a neighbor that moved here from Olympia and he did the same thing. our houses are 1/2 mile apart and if the wind was right we gagged. he wondered why he had bears in his garden.
© 24hourcampfire