Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
why this guy has a 55 gal drum of dehydrated road kill. I'm fairly new to Oregon--is this a cultural phenomenon ? Inquiring minds want to know....
https://roseburg.craigslist.org/zip/6134987371.html

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Indians used to put a dead fish under their corn plants for fertilizer, or so I've read. It could be a myth for all I know.
This is probably some eco-freak who's been picking it up to keep the roads clean and thereby depriving the coyotes and magpies of their groceries. Oregon has all kinds. I'll bet the neighbors downwind will be more than glad when it's gone.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Indians used to put a dead fish under their corn plants for fertilizer, or so I've read. This is probably some eco-freak who's been picking it up to keep the roads clean and thereby depriving the coyotes and magpies of their groceries. Oregon has all kinds. I'll be the neighbors downwind will be more than glad when it's gone.

Plenty around here drop a carp into a hole a couple of months before planting vegetables, I drilled a hole in the back yard and filled it with roo guts last year in preparation for planting a fruit salad tree later this year.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not sure if it's normal in Oregon or not but anyone who answers the add has got a screw loose for sure.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Years ago a friend used to fish for salmon in L. Ontario (non edible). He decided to place some under his flower beds in front of his house. An unknown period of time later his wife could smell something and thought it might be a gas leak. Fire dept. and gas company employees were called in. They investigated but couldn't find anything. Eventually she called him at work and he came home. He mentioned the probable cause then jumped into his car and went back to work. He left his wife to explain.

Jim

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Indians used to put a dead fish under their corn plants for fertilizer, or so I've read. This is probably some eco-freak who's been picking it up to keep the roads clean and thereby depriving the coyotes and magpies of their groceries. Oregon has all kinds. I'll be the neighbors downwind will be more than glad when it's gone.

Plenty around here drop a carp into a hole a couple of months before planting vegetables, I drilled a hole in the back yard and filled it with roo guts last year in preparation for planting a fruit salad tree later this year.

Growing up we always planted the fish carcasses in the garden after we filleted them.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 05/29/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
you are in Oregon , even Californian consider them weird.

P.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe it is just some crap he wants to get rid of and is trying to save the fees of taking it to the dump.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
first off there is nothing in western ore that is dehydrated xcept the brains of the liberal pol's. i suspect the guy was marinating road kill into fertilizer and in his pot induced stupor called it dehydrated.
i had a neighbor that moved here from Olympia and he did the same thing. our houses are 1/2 mile apart and if the wind was right we gagged. he wondered why he had bears in his garden.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1Longbow, 2500HD, 22250rem, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 22kHornet, 61 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,596
Posts18,511,323
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.