Home
Posted By: KentuckyMountainMan Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
I placed a order for spotting scope this morning ......When I get the order confirmation # about a second later it is for 2 orders for the same scope.....I called to cancel one of the orders they say it is not it the system yet !!!!!!!Call back in 30 min !!!!!!I call back in exactly 30 min...To late it already processed!!!!!!!! But you can return it!!!!!!Bull chit lie.....I have already cut up my Cabela's card up.... F u c k them.....Never again....Rant over mad
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Now that's customer service..
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
How did you place the order? Phone, computer?
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
I can't imagine allowing myself to get spun up about such a petty thing as a messed up order.
Posted By: GregW Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
I seriously question how much some of you folks have going on in your lives for something like this to send you in a tizzy...
I'd say it depends on how much money they hammered his card for.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I can't imagine allowing myself to get spun up about such a petty thing as a messed up order.

Agreed
Posted By: cotis Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Dispute it with the credit card company. You pay for the credit card, let it work for you. Annoying, but not worth having an aneurysm over.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
The OP might have duplicated his order unintentionally thru the order process by inadvertently "clicking". Did he review the final price/quantity before submitting the order?
I suspect operator error.
It doesn't matter if it was operator error, he called and called back when they said. [bleep] customer service.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
They should have taken care of it in customer service.

But CS runs on computers too. Ain't the modern computer era something? wink
Posted By: 700LH Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Yep computers should make it easy,, Just like the State of idaho has been for me this last week
First time ever I lost a wallet exactly a week ago almost to the minute. Yeah I feel stupid and know exactly how it happened.
At a gas station mini mart/Subway, and who ever picked it up apparently wasn't very honest, or it would be in my pocket right now.
Anywho Monday morning bright and early I am at DMV to get a driver license,, nice try no cigar.
Seems as if they have some other fella's picture where mine is suppose to be on the PC screen So the girl spends a half hour on the phone to headquarters, with a "we'll call you back when we get it fixed" for me.
Ain't that nice!
No license for me today, so by Thursday afternoon I go back, nope, nada, no license, some changes made , but the picture has not been changed. More calls, more we'll call you back.
Now it's Saturday morning, and I am driving when necessary without a license in my pocket.

Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
OP should try being nice. They will cancel any order as long as it hasn't been shipped.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Originally Posted by GregW
I seriously question how much some of you folks have going on in your lives for something like this to send you in a tizzy...

Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: tzone Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Some of you fuggers are wound so tight I'm not sure how you function on a daily basis.
Posted By: KentuckyMountainMan Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
OP should try being nice. They will cancel any order as long as it hasn't been shipped.

First off I was 100% Nice. Until she said it was too late to cancel and I still was not rude....You are Wrong!!!!! They will not cancel a in process order......
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
I placed a order for spotting scope this morning ......When I get the order confirmation # about a second later it is for 2 orders for the same scope.....I called to cancel one of the orders they say it is not it the system yet !!!!!!!Call back in 30 min !!!!!!I call back in exactly 30 min...To late it already processed!!!!!!!! But you can return it!!!!!!Bull chit lie.....I have already cut up my Cabela's card up.... F u c k them.....Never again....Rant over mad

Just curious here but when I have shopped on line, I have occasionally bounced around a little bit and then clicked back on my order and noticed it added another of the same item to my "cart." This could have very possibly been what happened and by clicking submit order, you ordered two of the same item. You have to be careful with that.

If that is the case, I would not blame the supplier but I would blame myself and go through the return process they have in place.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Originally Posted by SandBilly
I'd say it depends on how much money they hammered his card for.

Wouldn't I get double miles up front and then get a credit... LOL.

Wow the things that upset folks...
Posted By: saddlering Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
I Quit Cabelas 8 years ago! Screw them!
Posted By: Szumi Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Seems to me that retailers with a web presence are very quick to lock up an order even when there isn't anyone actually packing the order. If the OP was paying with a debit card, double ordering could be a really big deal if his account can't handle the strain.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/10/17
Originally Posted by Szumi
Seems to me that retailers with a web presence are very quick to lock up an order even when there isn't anyone actually packing the order. If the OP was paying with a debit card, double ordering could be a really big deal if his account can't handle the strain.

I wouldn't order anything on line with a debt card.
OP already said in a round about way he used a Cabela's CC for the order.
I guess he can move to Bass Pro now to do his orders. Or even Gander Mountain
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17

Same. Must be cabin fever.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
KMM--I agree with you, Cabela's sucks! I bought one of their camo Gore Tex coveralls that are guaranteed for life. I bought it for $329 about 10 years ago, wore it about 15 times, never washed, only sprayed with scent killer. No rips or tears and it looks like it came out of the box, I carry the coveralls in a back pack to the stand and back. While sitting in the stand under a Gunbrella at about 7:00 AM one morning getting hit with wind blown rain I can feel my butt getting wet. I bring the coveralls back to the Cabela's in Pa. and they say "the garment is a couple of years old", it's not returnable". I mention the lifetime warranty and customer service just shake their heads side to side saying it's not covered.

I write corporate and they tell me that I purchased the garment in 2007, the garment has "outlived it's life and is not returnable", what does this mean. In the letter I asked them to define what their Lifetime Warranty means and they ignored me. They do suck!
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
this is why you pay a little more and buy from LL Bean or Orvis... NEVER a problem returning 30 year old waders... j/k but i would not be surprised if they accepted them back.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
WORLD'S FOREMOST BANK is the bank that Cabela's set up in Lincoln, NE, for their credit card business and it has been in trouble for "deceptive and unfair acts" at least since 2010. In 2010, WFB was ordered to pay a $250K fine and refund $10.1M. In 2014, WFB was ordered to pay a $1M fine and refund an unspecified amount of over-charged interest to card holders. Since banks are in the business to make money for their share holders and for their executives whose bonuses are predicated on the bank making a profit, there is always going to be someone in a position of authority who will attempt to screw their customers in order to pad the numbers on the quarterly and annual reports. The point being that there are lots of banks that issue credit cards and doing business with one that appears to run on the legal edge might not be the most prudent thing to do.

I'm sorry about your problem and you have every right to expect your bank to side with you when you're having a conflict with a retailer, but in this case both businesses, the bank and the retailer, are incestuously attached and aren't objective. If you had bought an item from a retailer other than Cabela's you might have received more support from WFB. Good luck.

EDIT: WFB isn't the only bank with customer service issues. I have had my card locked several times when I was traveling alone and since my Wife and I share the account, one of the bank's security algorithms identified "unusual activity" on the card and locked the account until I called and confirmed that the gas purchases in western Nebraska and eastern Colorado were mine. It is a PITA, but the bank is protecting itself and its card holders from potential fraud. We have asked if we could call ahead and notify the bank when our buying pattern would be different than usual, but were told that there wasn't any way to handle the security issue proactively, so now we have two different "house" cards, one that we use for everyday purchases and one that we generally only use when the primary card has been declined or just to keep it active, as it has a very large line of credit that might come in handy in a financial pinch.
Posted By: Zengela Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Thought Bass Pro Shops bought Cabela's? Maybe they can clean up these cock gobblers! Had the displeasure of selling a used shotgun to them once. A rude, unwelcoming expierence.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by Zengela
Had the displeasure of selling a used shotgun to them once. A rude, unwelcoming expierence.

Do tell...
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Thought Bass Pro Shops bought Cabela's? Maybe they can clean up these cock gobblers! Had the displeasure of selling a used shotgun to them once. A rude, unwelcoming expierence.

BPS bought Cabela's retail business.

Capital One bank is in the process of buying WFB though another bank, maybe Synchrony Bank, but the sale has been held up because of Capital One being involved in money laundering back in 2015. Incestuous relationships in the banking industry, who'd a thought?
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17

Now don't get all in a dither, but "most" likely you yourself clicked twice on the add to cart button. I have done it before and not caught it. I learned fast.
Posted By: rebelman Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Simply refuse the package from the courier. They can't charge you for what you didn't receive
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
this is why you pay a little more and buy from LL Bean or Orvis... NEVER a problem returning 30 year old waders... j/k but i would not be surprised if they accepted them back.

I've not had much luck buying bulk ammo from LL Bean or Orvis... wink
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
I bought one of their breathable camo rainsuits for around 220 which was a lot of money for me at the time. I bought it to hunt in and only wore it for that. Wore it first in a driving rain 34 degrees 3 hours. I stayed completely dry and comfortable. I thought I loved it. Next year I wore it and my shoulders and back were a little wet. The 3rd time I wore it was the third year and it was like cotton it had no water resistance properties at all. I sent it back only having worn it 3 times and they would not honor their warranty. I didn't buy anything from them for a long time and still shop them last for the kind of things they sell. They have spent more than the replacement cost of that rainsuit mailing me catalogs. They just go in the trash.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17

I bet you were sampling cock after your first breakup from a woman.
Posted By: battue Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
The catalogs and mailings generate a big profit. Other companies pay to have their products included and the advertising fees more than cover the mailing costs by multitudes.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

What does that have to do with them honoring their return policy on what they do sell? wink
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by battue

What does that have to do with them honoring their return policy on what they do sell? wink

It has to do with a business that has items that I would be a buyer on.

Cabela's may not be perfect, but they sponsor and support hunting, shooting, and all sorts of other stuff we do. Don't know about what changes will occur with the merger of BPS, but I sure have found them handy in the past, and probably will use them for future purchases.

You can't buy a couple thousand rounds of ammo from just anywhere.
Posted By: tzone Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17

If it was rude and unwelcoming, why the hell did you sell it to them?
Trying to return a 10 year old piece of clothing is as dumb as expecting a refund for it.
Originally Posted by battue

It has to do with a business that has items that I would be a buyer on.

Cabela's may not be perfect, but they sponsor and support hunting, shooting, and all sorts of other stuff we do. Don't know about what changes will occur with the merger of BPS, but I sure have found them handy in the past, and probably will use them for future purchases.

You can't buy a couple thousand rounds of ammo from just anywhere.

On that, we agree.

Cabela's definitely isn't perfect and neither is much of anything else. But here, here on the fire, you never have to look far to see some who are. Return one or both spotting scopes if you want to spite yourself. Tzone gets it. I mentioned something to LL Bean about a product I had worn for years. They practically insisted I return it and I insisted it wasn't going to happen. Then again, once I ordered 5-6 pairs of jeans from them at the store in Maine. The girl said you must really like our jeans. Replied I do, but I've lost weight and the old ones don't fit. She wanted to take them back. What???? No, thats not going to happen either.
Posted By: walt501 Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Need to return something to Cabelas? If you can, do it in person at the customer service counter. I had a fish locator go bad after a couple years. Returned it in person and they told me to go get a new one. That one went bad after two years, returned again for another replacement. I bought one of their deep cycle boat batteries and after a couple years it would no longer hold a charge. Returned in person and they pro-rated the two years I'd used it towards another battery.

I've ordered form Cabelas catalog and online since the late 1970's and I've never had a problem with an order. Returns were always easy.

I have the Cabelas Club Card and I've had to call them on occasion with a couple of issues. Each time I've talked to the most pleasant and helpful person anyone could ask for located in Lincoln Nebraska. The last occasion to call I was talking to a young man and we got on the subject of places to visit in the Midwest. My issue was resolved in 30 seconds, then we spent another 30 minutes talking hunting and fishing destinations.

I've called regarding my orders and had the same experience, I'm talking with an outstanding customer service representative in Sidney Nebraska and my problems have always been resolved promptly.

I have a 15 year old hooded jacket from Cabelas that has probably been through the wash 30 or more times. Not so much as a popped seam or frayed cuff.

So it's safe to say that I like Cabelas. I look forward to doing business with them from years to come.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
I gave up on Cabelas as a serious source of outdoor stuff long ago. Now, it's more of a travel stop when I'm in an area that has one. I still check the online sales from time to time and pick up deals, mostly on clothing, but there's no continuity in their clothing lines anymore; so I can't go back and replace stuff that's worked well for me with the same item.

It's more trouble, but I've had good success by searching out quality American-made products either directly from the manufacturers or through online outlets like Amazon and even Costco (yeah, Bezos is a Lefty slug, but the service is the best in the business, and a lot of stuff is actually sold by others through Amazon).
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
I've had zero trouble with a Cabelas store, their credit card, their customer service or their online ordering system. It's all been good.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
I have the Cabelas' credit card, and if it wasn't for the "free" stuff I wouldn't buy from them. Their prices aren't the best, not terrible just not the best, but the thing that I hate is their shipping policy. If you order from them on a Monday and pay the $10 expedited shipping fee you will have your stuff by the weekend. They don't ship overnight or second day, they just put it in a box and ship it that day. If you don't pay the expedited shipping fee, they wait until the next week to ship your order.

There are to many other places with competitive pricing, that will have what I need here in two or three days, for me to fool with Cabelas. Midway, used to be expensive on shipping, but have become my go to lately. They now ship fast and reasonable, and have added a lot more than shooting stuff to their inventory.
We had stopped at LL Beans on the way North to hunt Moose because one Bud had drawn a tag in the North Woods. Two of us were going to Grouse hunt some and then help him if he was successful and he had a week to scout out his unit. Mentioned that to the girl at Beans and she said let me get this other employee. Turns out he loved his Moose hunting and asked us what unit he had drawn. Went and got a topo map and started circling areas, but said this particular one deserves your attention. Bud checked it out and there was Moose sign everywhere. 1hour or so into the hunt he heard a Bull grunt and called this one in. Just another stupid gun counter guy story.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Happy_Prospector Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Poor little Kentucky Snowflake!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I bought one of their breathable camo rainsuits for around 220 which was a lot of money for me at the time. I bought it to hunt in and only wore it for that. Wore it first in a driving rain 34 degrees 3 hours. I stayed completely dry and comfortable. I thought I loved it. Next year I wore it and my shoulders and back were a little wet. The 3rd time I wore it was the third year and it was like cotton it had no water resistance properties at all. I sent it back only having worn it 3 times and they would not honor their warranty. I didn't buy anything from them for a long time and still shop them last for the kind of things they sell. They have spent more than the replacement cost of that rainsuit mailing me catalogs. They just go in the trash.

Probably all you needed to do was wash the rain coat... and there basically is nohting such as breathable rain suits... but if you fall for that goretex joke it needs to be kept VERY clean... dirt makes it fail. Thats been common knowledge on "breathable" types for many years.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Hey Tzone--I have quite a few Leupold scopes with Lifetime Warranties, if one fails after 20 years are you saying it shouldn't be returned to Leupold to be fixed? I bought the coveralls because they had a Lifetime guarantee. Do you think it's OK to advertise a Lifetime waterproof guarantee and not stand behind it. I fish with guys who return waders to LL Bean and Orvis after 10 years, that's who will get my business.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Same. Must be cabin fever.

Cabin fever in June?

lol
Originally Posted by Sako76
Hey Tzone--I have quite a few Leupold scopes with Lifetime Warranties, if one fails after 20 years are you saying it shouldn't be returned to Leupold to be fixed? I bought the coveralls because they had a Lifetime guarantee. Do you think it's OK to advertise a Lifetime waterproof guarantee and not stand behind it. I fish with guys who return waders to LL Bean and Orvis after 10 years, that's who will get my business.

After 20 years of use? No, I wouldn't return it and expect it fixed at no charge.
Posted By: efw Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17

^ this.

I get irritated with poor customer service but a tizzy isn't worth it; just don't go back.

And don't let it rob you of your serenity. Nothing in the realm of the inner webs is worth that.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/11/17
Defiantly not the Sam company they once were....Walmart mantality all made in China crap...
Posted By: bearbacker Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/16/17
So you want them to delay shipping orders? Then you would be bellyaching about how slow they were to deliver. You cannot have it both ways!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/16/17
chit happens, and happens with every company that has a web presence. Shrug. It will work out most of the time.
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/17/17
I've bought a fair bit of stuff from Cabela's over the years: clothes, footwear, hunting gear, fishing gear. They have a great range of stuff, some of which isn't available here, and I usually have it on my doorstep, here on the other side of the world, in less than two weeks. I've had no problems with them - even the time I accidentally double ordered was fixed straight away, with no fuss and at no cost to me.
Posted By: las Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/17/17
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

Probably all you needed to do was wash the rain coat... and there basically is nohting such as breathable rain suits... but if you fall for that goretex joke it needs to be kept VERY clean... dirt makes it fail. Thats been common knowledge on "breathable" types for many years.

AND use the proper detergent, And retreat the outer layer- that is what repels the water (on occaission, if you get lucky, and it is not a hard or driven rain), not the Gore-Tex fabric itself. It won't pass water molecules, (they say), only vapor, but the membrane is permeable in BOTH directions.

It works fine in the snow....
Posted By: 325Abn Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/17/17
Yeah, i had bought a Cabela's rain parka - g-tex, etc. It was about $100 so i wasn't expecting a whole lot from it - just basically keep the rain off me.

So after a little over a year i noticed the parka just wasn't doing the waterproof thing at all. I had been noticing it was failing for a good while before the year was up, but it was a Cabela's brand and had a "life time" warranty so i wasn't too concerned.

I called them and asked for some help with the parka (ie warranty) and the CS rep said that it was only a year. I told him there were tags on the parka that said "Life Time Warranty". The reply was that the garment had an expected life time of 1 year - thus my parka was beyond it's "life time".

No amount of polite, rational discourse would dissuade the CS rep from his position. He said the best that could be done was a percentage discount off another Cabela's branded item.

I was furious! I know you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar, but given the situation i was right to expect longer than 1 year of acceptable service and became pretty irate.

So, I took the discount and bought a Cabela's "Guide Wear" parka. It is an awesome rain parka, but i'll never shop their soft goods ever again.

In fact, BPS has a great rain parka - looks absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately it has their huge, FULL-COLOR brand logo/emblem stitched in a highly visible place.

PHOUCK THAT!!!

If they wanted to sell me a rain parka that would be fine and dandy, but i'm not sporting nor supporting their free advertisement no way - no how.

PHOUCK THAT TOO!!!

Posted By: 700LH Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/17/17
Was in Cabela's the other day, bought a pound of powder, later same day walked into a local place, in this small town of 6,000., same powder, five bucks less.
Person with me bought the small green propane bottles at Cabela's for $4.99, I noticed $3.49 here local.
So much for Cabela's if price is any concern. I guess they gotta pay for all that yuppie ambience some how, I just kinda doubt much of it will be my dollars.
Also the gun powder in Cabela's was behind the glass counter, just a display to see, the sales guy had to go into the back to get a pound. That was a first for me, and probably a last time too.
Posted By: Starman Re: Cabela's sucks - 06/17/17

https://www.gore-tex.com/experience/our-promise

http://www.evo.com/guides/outerwear-waterproof-ratings-and-breathability

- contamination effects GTX performance
- relative outside air temp and humidity effects GTX peformance.
- incorrect choice of GTX product can give lesser performance and lifespan
than expected.
- like many things, all GTX products do have performance limits and a lifespan.

the seam sealing tape has come off one of my daily pack use 3 layer GTX garments, so IMO its past its official
reasonable use lifespan but I can get it re-taped at GTX authorised repair shop and it will be good to go again.
..the actual fabric and PTFE membrane seem to be holding up fine.

some of the lightweight fabric garments 2.0 or 2.5 layer GTX , with the narrow lighter grade seam taping
(again depending on use and or abuse) I don't expect to last as long as the heavier 3 layer GTX with sturdier
regular seam tape.

with 2.0 or 2.5 layer GTX you need to be more careful what constantly rubs up against the inside surface
of the garments PTFE membrane surface . i.e; coarse belts or what is attached to them , also zipper
hardware on your under layer garments ,especially if you have constant load bearing involved.
even my 3 layer GTX was starting to wear away on RH inside in small areas where my shoulder bag constantly
rubs on my hip against the edge of my tough nylon belt that also happens to run underneath .Micro abrasion
eventually adds up with daily use.
© 24hourcampfire