Home
Kills them both

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=98e_1498281361
Good shooting!
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. The video appears to show the homeowner shooting them as they fled. Civilians are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons under most circumstances. But, because this happened in Kalifornia, he might face charges...... E
lol they told him to open his gun safe so he did....
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. The video appears to show the homeowner shooting them as they fled. Civilians are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons under most circumstances. But, because this happened in Kalifornia, he might face charges...... E

You cannot make that call based on that video.

There is no way to know how many bad guys there were present, based on a very narrow/limited view.

Presuming the bad guys were armed, just because they created distance between them and the homeowner who begins to fight back (which he has a right to) does not at all mean that they are not still a threat. Unless they drop their guns and throw up their hands (or some similar obvious action), they absolutely have the ability and opportunity to inflict deadly harm upon the homeowner, his family and anyone else who may be present. They are still very much capable of inflicting deadly violence upon anyone they come across.

That is a good shoot from my perspective.
i read this story on FB they broke in and told him to open his gun safe, he had a loaded pistol he grabbed and used to kill them.
You are quite correct Mackay. I know that as well as anybody, as do you. Too many videos, with their limited coverage have been used as proof of wrong doing. No, I said it would be interesting to see what comes of this. And I warned that this is Kalifornia where many in key positions often fail to recognize one's right of self defense. E
Two thugs brought to the light...

Or was that muzzle flashes?

Love a happy ending!
You are quite correct Mackay. I know that as well as anybody, as do you. Too many videos, with their limited coverage have been used as proof of wrong doing. No, I said it would be interesting to see what comes of this. And I warned that this is Kalifornia where many in key positions often fail to recognize one's right of self defense. E

Regardless of the legal implications, the dirtbags' survivors will find (or he'll find them) a dirtbag lawyer who will be more than happy to file a wrongful death suit.
Originally Posted by 700LH

I always get nervous when they take shots at perps running away...you know how that can play in CA.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I always get nervous when they take shots at perps running away...you know how that can play in CA.

Yep. your probably right, this will not end well for the shooter is my guess.
Couldn't happen to two more deserving fellows! I only hope the homeowner doesn't get too much crap!
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Running for cover. An entirely different thing. No one should have get grief for killing home intruders, regardless of where the bullet entered the body.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

You cannot make that call based on that video.

There is no way to know how many bad guys there were present, based on a very narrow/limited view.

Presuming the bad guys were armed, just because they created distance between them and the homeowner who begins to fight back (which he has a right to) does not at all mean that they are not still a threat. Unless they drop their guns and throw up their hands (or some similar obvious action), they absolutely have the ability and opportunity to inflict deadly harm upon the homeowner, his family and anyone else who may be present. They are still very much capable of inflicting deadly violence upon anyone they come across.

That is a good shoot from my perspective.

I agree that it's a good shoot and would probably be ok legally in a free state, but he may still have to face a moronic Kommiefornia jury.
i worked Brentwood, the home owner gets the benefit of the doubt there. not your everyday slum area for sure, bad area for the scumbags to pull this kind of stunt.
unless there is a hungry prosecutor looking for camera time the citizen is going to be ok.
of course there is always civil court. shoot a dindoo and get sued for wrongful death.
Local news reported no charges to be filed against home owner. Of course that can change .
Let's hope so. A lot will depend on the details, not the appearances. And a lot will depend on the shooters information/understanding at the time. He was confronted by armed thugs who threatened to shoot him. He took a great risk to arm and shoot. Just the emotional climate alone can give him a legal defense if he did shoot at fleeing bad guys even if they threw away their guns. E
There was a guy that posted on Calguns.net about 7-8 years ago about his fatal self defense shooting. He couldn't relay much detail but did post news links to his story. He said it took a year to be cleared by the local D.A. and 7 years for the justice department to finally sign off. Just by the feel of his writing, it was a complete hell in the aftermath. He new he did the right thing and says he would not do anything different but it weighed heavily on his conscience and seems to continue today.
© 24hourcampfire