Home

Astonishing way to run your company in to the ground.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/..._400yr_3rdparty_pgs/
Posted By: CCCC Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Incipient failure.
Learn how to use this and make photos private.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

It's what I use most of the time. I'm sure there are other free sites out there too. But 4 bills a year is absolutely ridiculous.
Screw photobucket and the horse they rode in on...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
When is this supposed to happen? Right now we can still post photos here for free.

In case you hadn't heard, you can now upload photos direct to 24hr's servers and store them there for posting here.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Screw photobucket and the horse they rode in on...

Yep....I'm done.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Still works but I'm not holding my breath.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Imgur seems easy enough with the IOS app.
Posted By: 325Abn Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
[Linked Image]

Imgur seems easy enough with the IOS app.

That's a beauty of a knife. Love the simple lines.....what steel? PM if that's a better response place....
Posted By: fish head Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
I had my people pay the $$$

I've got work to do. laugh
Posted By: g5m Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
ouch.
Posted By: kududude Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17

Friends,

I've not used Amazon's service, but Amazon Prime members (I'm one) can store up to 5GB of photos for no additional charge ... that's something like 16,000 photos. And up to 10GB is $11.99 a year.

Amazon could easily be an alternative to PhotoBucket.

kd
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by kududude

Friends,

I've not used Amazon's service, but Amazon Prime members (I'm one) can store up to 5GB of photos for no additional charge ... that's something like 16,000 photos. And up to 10GB is $11.99 a year.

kd

I ain't yet figured out how to get an Image code from them, you have to direct link photos and that sucks
Posted By: castnblast Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Yup their interruption of service and ransom-like "charge plan" is about as welcome as a rattlesnake in a piñata!
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

I don't think this is a charge for people who store pics and then post to a forum, and I may be wrong, but I think it is for those who have websites who build a site and store pics on Photobucket instead of a website server?
Posted By: RJM Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I don't think this is a charge for people who store pics and then post to a forum, and I may be wrong, but I think it is for those who have websites who build a site and store pics on Photobucket instead of a website server?

...you are unfortunately wrong.... I just had all my photos removed from the thousands of posts they were on...no notice, no warnings, no offers... And no way to contact them. Now it's $40 a MONTH for 3rd part hosting.

Needless to say I won't be doing business with them in the future...

Bob
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
The shakedown on photobucket is pretty similar to liberal politics.

Just re-distributing the wealth.

And about as popular.

Completely wrong, you could have stopped at "I don't think"
Posted By: joken2 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17

Photobucket.com Terms of Use

Last revised June 28, 2017

http://photobucket.com/terms

...Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting. ...

Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
I only had a few dozen pics in my Photo Bucket library. I "registered" just long enough to delete all of my content. Then sent a polite email to their [email protected] contact address:

"Dear Photo Bucket,

Sorry to see that you are going to a paid fee structure. No interest in paying for a service that I can receive for free from other web sites. I have deleted all of my Photo Bucket content. Please disable/purge my account: "...email.addr...".

Thank you..."

Nothing profane. Nothing earth shattering. Just a simple lesson in capitalism. They are free to charge what they want. I am free to take my business elsewhere.

If they had offered a $9.99 per year option that included image linking and 3rd party hosting for casual (non-commercial) users, I would have paid the "nuisance fee" and moved on. However, going from free to $400 per year is ridiculous. My gut says that their bottom line will get a one time bump from commercial/professional users whose livelihood depends paying the "ransom" for linked/hosted images. After that, they begin a slow decline into irrelevance...
They must have adopted their business plan from CNN...
Posted By: Okanagan Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
I'm gonna wait till the dust settles and pick one of the alternatives that our experts here will undoubtedly recommend and explain how to use. Yesterday I signed up for Flickr and Imgur and can't figure out how to post a pic on this forum from either of them. Flickr is much more complicated. Imgur is astoundingly easy to open an account and load pics onto their site, but has zip info that I can decipher on how to post a pic to another site.

I have little tech knowledge nor interest and if I have to start finding and typing in stuff like httbsa:,//mysterycode.giflsbgmt@peekaboo//,,:gs then I won't bother to post pics. No great loss to me or anybody else.

I don’t mind paying a fair price for service rendered. Photobucket has harassed me while it worked and then blindsided me with the latest, so if I pay I will pay somebody else.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17

You don't have a f*cking clue

Mike
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
I'm also going to wait. I suspect that when PB comes to their senses, they'll retreat from this nonsense. If they again offer a limited free account, I'll already have my photos there. If they offer a low-cost option, I may opt for that. Emphasis on "may" because this kind of strongarm robbery tactic really irks me.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17

Friends,

kd

I tried it. Amazon changes the file name. There is no jpg or png extension on the file name so they can't be linked to a forum. If you click on 'share', it gives you an obscure file name that's unusable. I can't get it to display the properties to see what they've done with it. It appeared to upload it in it's original size rather than reducing it like PB does. That means that you can't post it unless you use a photo editor to reduce it before putting it on Amazon.

If I'm missing something, please post it.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'm also going to wait. I suspect that when PB comes to their senses their stockholders get their profit/loss statements, they'll retreat from this nonsense. If they again offer a limited free account, I'll already have my photos there. If they offer a low-cost option, I may opt for that. Emphasis on "may" because this kind of strongarm robbery tactic really irks me.

Fixt.

But, by then the mass exodus will have occurred. wink
Okanagan, from another forum, this is how to post from Imgur:

From your photo screen, go to the bottom right and select which size you want. (Large Thumbnail works fine) Then go up to the box that says "BBC Code" and click Copy.

Now go to the place you want the photo to appear and Paste. That's it.

From your photo screen, go to the bottom right and select which size you want. (Large Thumbnail works fine) Then go up to the box that says "BBC Code" and click Copy.

Tried that. All that shows up is a line of computer code. It is a link and if you click on it, then you can see the photo, but no photo has shown up in the half dozen times I've tried it on this forum and on one other. Thanks for the info. Will try it again. Maybe it is something in my old computer.

[Linked Image]

Rocky, Thank you! For some reason, this morning Imgur gave me different options and buttons to click than it did yesterday. Maybe my account was too new. Anyway, now it works. Thank you!

Maybe you clicked on the box that says Linked BBC Code. That's the wrong one.
[Linked Image]

Works fine for me...
Deleted my PB account. I had intended to anyways because of the obnoxious pop ups, but also because they made the user interface more convoluted than it once was.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
STILL WORKING ON THIS FORUM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jwall Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17

Sammo

Mine also worked till this week. In reading threads, others have been 'seized'
as well.

I'm guessing here but I think it MIGHT be based on the # of pix you transfer to
a single site. MOST of mine are posted in the 'fire'. Might be all wrong.

Get ready.

Jerry

Originally Posted by SamOlson
Still works but I'm not holding my breath.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: beretzs Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Mines all jacked up. PB is pretty danged corrupt trying to get 400 bucks.... ridiculous
I've had a Flickr account for a number of years. It's never been as user friendly as PB, but of late, I can't use it at all. There seems to be no sign-in but yet I can see my own account. Pics will appear and disappear seemingly at random. Doesn't seem to be any way to post from it. Anyway, to summarize, Flickr seems unusable. Anybody else having these problems?
Posted By: kududude Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17

I asked around and lots of folks now use Picturetrail. It's free and, while it's a little different format, it's problem-free.

https://www.picturetrail.com/

I've used it in the past to complete satisfaction.

kd
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Yep.....all and any of my pics with photobucket are gone

Even my avatar
Posted By: saddlering Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
My Account has been locked up for almost 2 years couldnt get in or out, and was just spinning guess its gone by now, would have liked to got some of my pics out tho, tried to contact them a bunch of times , they were no help! Screw em!
Posted By: stantdm Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
I only had 350 photos on PB so I deleted them all and went to Imgur. It works very easily, although their instructions are tough to find and follow.
Testing imgur

[img]http://imgur.com/AMhCHC0[/img]

Yea not working for me, maybe I have to wait a day. I don't see where you select the size or the "BBC Code" button.
Posted By: jwall Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by bea175
STILL WORKING ON THIS FORUM

[Linked Image]

Look Again -- sorry
Jerry
Imgur works for me.

[Linked Image]
Trying imgur again. After I signed up, logged back out and went back in and it gave me a whole new view.

[Linked Image]
That's the medium thumb nail.
Large thumb nail.

[Linked Image]
imgur works like a champ. Screw Photobucket.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Just make sure your IMGUR photos don't go into the IMGUR gallery
How did you get your personal photos to imgur,StoneCutter?
Now I'm playing with it.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead

How do you do that?
Posted By: Alagator Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Testing Imgur--large thumbnail
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Ok, need some help... How do you get your pics out of photobucket? Is there a way to do an album at a time?
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Ok, need some help... How do you get your pics out of photobucket? Is there a way to do an album at a time?

+1
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
How did you get your personal photos to imgur,StoneCutter?

Click on add images and it'll give you a "click and drag" box just like Photobucket. Then just click and drag the picture and it'll download just like PB. Easy-peasey.
I tried to short Photobucket stock two days ago but apparently they are not a publicly traded company.
Posted By: ClaysEtc Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
I just signed up for http://www.picturetrail.com/ simple and easy, here's my first try.
MAGA

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Not sure. All of mine are still on my PC. I'm just going to try to figure out how to close my account. Screw'em.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
You can post an image, but they will find it and remove it. I'm in the process of copying all of my PB library onto my hard drive for safety, before they restrict access to them. I always thought PB was the ultimate safety site for my photos after being screwed by other sites that went out of business.
Posted By: Alagator Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Now I'm playing with it.

[Linked Image]

Stonecutter--My attorney will be seeking recompense for the years of therapy necessitated by your reckless disregard for the bounds of civil discourse. Any other members are eligible for inclusion in the injured class. Contact Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe for details.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
You can post an image, but they will find it and remove it. I'm in the process of copying all of my PB library onto my hard drive for safety, before they restrict access to them. I always thought PB was the ultimate safety site for my photos after being screwed by other sites that went out of business.

How do you copy the pics to the hard drive?
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
I tried the imgflip.com and it worked perfect.
Posted By: szihn Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
I just went to my page and deleted every album I had on photobucket.
I don't know if there is still an "account" or not and I don't care. I hope they fail and go under.

So when you guys who understand the internet better than I do (that's most people) can advise what other site to use, I'll go with advice from someone that knows what to do. I don't. But I know what a shake-down is and I won't cooperate with them at all.
Thanks StoneCutter!

How do you do that?

Figured it out. Under your profile, click settings, change the Default Album Privacy to "Hidden" and save.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Alagator
Now I'm playing with it.

[Linked Image]

Stonecutter--My attorney will be seeking recompense for the years of therapy necessitated by your reckless disregard for the bounds of civil discourse. Any other members are eligible for inclusion in the injured class. Contact Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe for details.

Sorry, I should have given an "Eye Bleach Warning" for that one.
Posted By: ClaysEtc Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Next try

[Linked Image]

grin
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Friends,

kd

I tried it. Amazon changes the file name. There is no jpg or png extension on the file name so they can't be linked to a forum. If you click on 'share', it gives you an obscure file name that's unusable. I can't get it to display the properties to see what they've done with it. It appeared to upload it in it's original size rather than reducing it like PB does. That means that you can't post it unless you use a photo editor to reduce it before putting it on Amazon.

If I'm missing something, please post it.

This maybe a start to helping with the problem.

irfranview is perfect for reducing size on photos, it can be used to convert the format of images, and many more media needs.

I, and others I know, use it for report and design work.

http://www.irfanview.com/

The FAQ section and the web itself answer many questions about using irfranview.
Posted By: BLG Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
Does anyone know why Rick doesn't allow for a simple copy and paste set up for photos?

I'm sure there is a reason.....

Clyde
Originally Posted by BLG
Does anyone know why Rick doesn't allow for a simple copy and paste set up for photos?

I'm sure there is a reason.....

Clyde

Read this thread, especially pages 1 and 2.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12118229/2

BAM!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
PB has been working for me yet, but if they're are pulling this kind of crap, who knows for how long.
If you want to delete your PB account, go to your settings and at the bottom of that page is a button to delete your account. When you do this, they ask for a reason. I put, "You ended 3rd party hosing for free and you want $400 per year. I found it free elsewhere. Thanks anyway".
Posted By: g5m Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/01/17
On the 'photobucket sucks' thread Bill_N noted that someone on another site reported photobucket was hacked.
Just noting it. Don't know if it's fact or faux.
Originally Posted by g5m
On the 'photobucket sucks' thread Bill_N noted that someone on another site reported photobucket was hacked.

Haaa, too late now, I'm gone.
Originally Posted by g5m

Haaa, too late now, I'm gone.

Not hacked.

Just stupid.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet
Posted By: broomd Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17
imgur works like a champ. Screw Photobucket.

Welcome to the club. Some of us have been telling you guys this for many months.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17
If you have stuff on photobucket, I would get it off asap! At the very least put it on your hard drive, or an in iCloud account, or here on the Fire.

Act before PB does (and they are moving fast).
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17

No actually I could of added GFY scumbag, to make the post a little more accurate.

Your Current Plan
FREE
10GB Storage

If you want to delete your PB account, go to your settings and at the bottom of that page is a button to delete your account. When you do this, they ask for a reason. I put, "You ended 3rd party hosing for free and you want $400 per year. I found it free elsewhere. Thanks anyway".

Sounds good, maybe they'll take the hint if enough do so.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17

No actually I could of added GFY scumbag, to make the post a little more accurate.

Your Current Plan
FREE
10GB Storage

Must suck to be so stupid.
Originally Posted by RickBin
If you have stuff on photobucket, I would get it off asap! At the very least put it on your hard drive, or an in iCloud account, or here on the Fire.

I'm not even over 1 gig of what I am told is a 10 gig free account, guess I'll hold and see what happens.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17
Still working for me.Maybe it got hit with one of those ransom malwares.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17
Ha.......even a cybertard like me can do it.
Doing it a second time will be the true test though.......stand by.

[Linked Image]

Yep......easy once you figure it out.
Now I need to figure out how to retrieve the 100+ photos I have stored on PB short of copying and saving them one at a time.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: joken2 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17

I'm not even over 1 gig of what I am told is a 10 gig free account, guess I'll hold and see what happens.

Per Photobucket's most recent "revised" terms of use (revised June 28, 2017) : http://photobucket.com/terms

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.

Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Additional Features of all Plus Accounts : When you upgrade to any Plus Account, you will also receive:

o Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. Email our PLUS Support Team

o No Ads: When you're logged into your Plus account, you won't see any ads on Photobucket pages (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus Accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements).

Posted By: szihn Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17
[Linked Image]aag-443_2 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr

Well I dumped Photo bucket and put my pictures of Flickr.com
It seems to work.

[Linked Image]Custom CZ 375 4 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr
[Linked Image]Custom CZ 375 2 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr

It was much faster than P.B. and no back-stabbing involved

I am not enough of a "cyber-guy" to know for sure, but so for I like them a lot more.

RickBin, a couple of questions, you're obviously up on all of the web inner workings.

So you get a couple of gigs for free (way more than I have used), and 100 gigs for $8.99 a month, that is a ton of pictures, who is storing 100 gigs, 200 gigs, 300 gigs on PB, for what purpose, commercial websites?

So if 24 hour Campfire allowed people to upload pictures directly to this website ( or do you, I have seen sporting forums that do that), and I guess it would be stored on the 24Hr server? How would that effect this site?

What is going to keep somebody else from filling the "free" void that PB just created,thus putting PB under?

Got nothing on PB, that is not on the HDD, and on a backup drive. I am just going to delete PB from my favorites. They can do whatever they want with the data on their server.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/02/17
On PB, if you open your library, you can find a command over on the right that lets you "Download This Album" It will compress your photos into a .zip file and download them to your hard drive. I'm in the process of doing that, and I started with my largest album containing 249 photos. It took less than five minutes, total.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Thanks Rocky........I have my 127 pic album downloading as we speak.

Sure beats moving them one at a time which is what I've been doing with some of my favorites that I'd hate to loose.
Posted By: fish head Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Photobucket is still working just fine for me. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17

Too late for me. Worked before and now I can log on but not access my photos......when I go in my library they never load. 90% of my pictures on there I already have on a flash drive so no big deal except to find them again on the flash drive. It says I'm only 16% full on PB.

Seen some other guys say the same thing....can't access their pictures. I'm thinking it might not have anything to do with third-party hosting but instead is a way to hold your pics for ransom period, until you pay up.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
I never used PB for storage, just posting. Pulled the plug today. Aside from the new pricing, it is sooooo slowwwwwww.

I do use iCloud for off-site backup storage of photos only. Also have a backup system that runs all the time. Saved my bacon when my disk got stinky recently.
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
On PB, if you open your library, you can find a command over on the right that lets you "Download This Album" It will compress your photos into a .zip file and download them to your hard drive. I'm in the process of doing that, and I started with my largest album containing 249 photos. It took less than five minutes, total.

I did the same thing, I'll at least have some of my older pictures now which weren't on the computer.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Did you fellows delete your account after you moved your pictures off of PB? I pulled my pics, but haven't pulled the plug yet....
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Think of Rick's servers here on the Campfire... 100k + members with 2 or 3k usually on all at the same time, some perpetually living on the site, browsing, posting, reading, linking, searching... and remembering that every word you've ever said, posted, linked to or from other sites including video's and photos over the last 17+ years is still on the servers and retrievable anytime you want any time day or night... that kind of capacity cost money and has to be recovered somehow or eaten, not to mention the effort it takes to keep it up and running.

Lot of places are starting to rethink their plans and whether to charge for it. A lot of them have put a lot of restrictions on them.

Phil
Posted By: fish head Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Originally Posted by Greyghost
100k + members with 2 or 3k usually on all at the same time, some perpetually living on the site, browsing, posting, reading, linking, searching... and remembering that every word you've ever said, ...

Phil

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Originally Posted by Lonny
Did you fellows delete your account after you moved your pictures off of PB? I pulled my pics, but haven't pulled the plug yet....

Nor have I.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Testing Amazon Prime. Dang its fast and easy. Didnt realize how bad photobucket is. Didn't know of the Amazon Prime host unil this thread. Cool!

[img]https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/GMsMzjJEojjcI7cl1BJb86VGkEF7uWxdiSwU0FL_jVgpX92IB?viewBox=800%2C377[/img]

Posted By: ctsmith Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
....and of course, it doesn't work. Ole Ironhead was right.

I don't think Amazon Prime Photos allows images to be posted publicly or embedding into third-party websites, and is instead intended for storage and personal use/viewing only.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Originally Posted by ctsmith
....and of course, it doesn't work. Ole Ironhead was right.

I don't think Amazon Prime Photos allows images to be posted publicly or embedding into third-party websites, and is instead intended for storage and personal use/viewing only.

Oh, it works, but you have to link to it. It's not in JPEG form.

Clint's Gay Rifle Stock photo
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Lonny

Nor have I.

I haven't either Lonny.

Sure glad Rocky posted info on how to retrieve them though. I know I should but I didn't have all of them saved to a disc and some were kinda special like pics of ol Pete etc.
Posted By: Okanagan Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Nearly all of the photos I have on PB are taken from my hard drive and I back that up once in awhile. Wish I could copy my PB file system/album categories. PB takes forever and will not load the usual start page. I followed instruction given on this site (from Montana whitetail?) but have not been able to retrieve any. I suspect that the site is too busy with escapee salvage efforts to function.

I tried to delete photos but could only do it one at a time and the site locked up after deleting two. Probably have 900 pics in PB, added over the past ten years or so.

Also, I cannot find any way to shut down my account. More important to me than retrieving photos is to erase them all and shut down the account. I figure that if I wait a bit somebody will post how to do that. cool
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Nearly all of the photos I have on PB are taken from my hard drive and I back that up once in awhile. Wish I could copy my PB file system/album categories. PB takes forever and will not load the usual start page. I followed instruction given on this site (from Montana whitetail?) but have not been able to retrieve any. I suspect that the site is too busy with escapee salvage efforts to function.

I tried to delete photos but could only do it one at a time and the site locked up after deleting two. Probably have 900 pics in PB, added over the past ten years or so.

Also, I cannot find any way to shut down my account. More important to me than retrieving photos is to erase them all and shut down the account. I figure that if I wait a bit somebody will post how to do that. cool

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724654-How-do-I-Delete-my-Account-

Also, if your photos are not in separate album, but in your 'main' bucket, I haven't figured out a way to delete everything with a swipe. Individual albums can easily be deleted with the Delete Album click on the right.

Lots of folks don't set up individual Albums within their account.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/03/17
I keep all my photos on my hard drive. Apple's iCloud (costs less than $12.00 per year) backs them up automatically. I also have an attached device that backs up the entire hard drive every 30 minutes.

I would, NEVER trust PB or any other such entity as my only copy of photos.

I only posted photos from my hard drive to PB when I wished to post them in a thread.
Posted By: Okanagan Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/04/17
Originally Posted by Okanagan

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724654-How-do-I-Delete-my-Account-

Also, if your photos are not in separate album, but in your 'main' bucket, I haven't figured out a way to delete everything with a swipe. Individual albums can easily be deleted with the Delete Album click on the right.

Lots of folks don't set up individual Albums within their account.

THANK YOU! I waited until early this morning and the site worked the best it has in weeks. The deed is done, my account at Photobucket is totally deleted.

Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/05/17

Like this?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/05/17
Yes! Alternative found.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/07/17
Time for me to leave Photobucket, too. Following advice from several posters here. Thanks to all for the advice.

L.W.
tag for later F photobucket
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Photo Bucket Shake Down - 07/08/17
A couple months ago I had my mom and my wife each try to save all my photobucket pics onto a zip drive?

There are probably 3-4k pics.
(most of which are not worth saving but whatever...)

I don't know how that turned out.

The way I look at it is 'photography' is pretty much my last hobby.

Hunting of course is still there but in very limited amounts.

Taking random pics is something that can happen year round.

Long story short I was already paying them $100/year to go ad free and have more storage.
(1% full...)

I highly disliked the way they went about extorting money but for me I think it was worth it.

2 minutes, couple clicks and none. Way more other chit going in life that paying $300 for something that I've used for years doesn't seem like much.

But they better not flake out any more. At least not for another year.

Someday I will take the time to learn a new method but for now will play the role of chump.

© 24hourcampfire