Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Astonishing way to run your company in to the ground.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/..._400yr_3rdparty_pgs/

I don't think this is a charge for people who store pics and then post to a forum, and I may be wrong, but I think it is for those who have websites who build a site and store pics on Photobucket instead of a website server?

Completely wrong, you could have stopped at "I don't think"

No actually I could of added GFY scumbag, to make the post a little more accurate.

Your Current Plan
FREE
10GB Storage

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
If you want to delete your PB account, go to your settings and at the bottom of that page is a button to delete your account. When you do this, they ask for a reason. I put, "You ended 3rd party hosing for free and you want $400 per year. I found it free elsewhere. Thanks anyway".

Sounds good, maybe they'll take the hint if enough do so.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Astonishing way to run your company in to the ground.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/..._400yr_3rdparty_pgs/

I don't think this is a charge for people who store pics and then post to a forum, and I may be wrong, but I think it is for those who have websites who build a site and store pics on Photobucket instead of a website server?

Completely wrong, you could have stopped at "I don't think"

No actually I could of added GFY scumbag, to make the post a little more accurate.

Your Current Plan
FREE
10GB Storage

Must suck to be so stupid.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
If you have stuff on photobucket, I would get it off asap! At the very least put it on your hard drive, or an in iCloud account, or here on the Fire.

Act before PB does (and they are moving fast).

I'm not even over 1 gig of what I am told is a 10 gig free account, guess I'll hold and see what happens.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Still working for me.Maybe it got hit with one of those ransom malwares.

[Linked Image]

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ha.......even a cybertard like me can do it.
Doing it a second time will be the true test though.......stand by.

[Linked Image]

Yep......easy once you figure it out.
Now I need to figure out how to retrieve the 100+ photos I have stored on PB short of copying and saving them one at a time.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by FieldGrade; 07/01/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

If you have stuff on photobucket, I would get it off asap! At the very least put it on your hard drive, or an in iCloud account, or here on the Fire.

I'm not even over 1 gig of what I am told is a 10 gig free account, guess I'll hold and see what happens.

Per Photobucket's most recent "revised" terms of use (revised June 28, 2017) : http://photobucket.com/terms

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.

Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Additional Features of all Plus Accounts : When you upgrade to any Plus Account, you will also receive:

o Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. Email our PLUS Support Team

o No Ads: When you're logged into your Plus account, you won't see any ads on Photobucket pages (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus Accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements).

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image]aag-443_2 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr

Well I dumped Photo bucket and put my pictures of Flickr.com
It seems to work.

[Linked Image]Custom CZ 375 4 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr
[Linked Image]Custom CZ 375 2 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr

It was much faster than P.B. and no back-stabbing involved

I am not enough of a "cyber-guy" to know for sure, but so for I like them a lot more.

Last edited by szihn; 07/02/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

RickBin, a couple of questions, you're obviously up on all of the web inner workings.

So you get a couple of gigs for free (way more than I have used), and 100 gigs for $8.99 a month, that is a ton of pictures, who is storing 100 gigs, 200 gigs, 300 gigs on PB, for what purpose, commercial websites?

So if 24 hour Campfire allowed people to upload pictures directly to this website ( or do you, I have seen sporting forums that do that), and I guess it would be stored on the 24Hr server? How would that effect this site?

What is going to keep somebody else from filling the "free" void that PB just created,thus putting PB under?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Got nothing on PB, that is not on the HDD, and on a backup drive. I am just going to delete PB from my favorites. They can do whatever they want with the data on their server.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
On PB, if you open your library, you can find a command over on the right that lets you "Download This Album" It will compress your photos into a .zip file and download them to your hard drive. I'm in the process of doing that, and I started with my largest album containing 249 photos. It took less than five minutes, total.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Rocky........I have my 127 pic album downloading as we speak.

Sure beats moving them one at a time which is what I've been doing with some of my favorites that I'd hate to loose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Photobucket is still working just fine for me. grin

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Too late for me. Worked before and now I can log on but not access my photos......when I go in my library they never load. 90% of my pictures on there I already have on a flash drive so no big deal except to find them again on the flash drive. It says I'm only 16% full on PB.

Seen some other guys say the same thing....can't access their pictures. I'm thinking it might not have anything to do with third-party hosting but instead is a way to hold your pics for ransom period, until you pay up.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never used PB for storage, just posting. Pulled the plug today. Aside from the new pricing, it is sooooo slowwwwwww.

I do use iCloud for off-site backup storage of photos only. Also have a backup system that runs all the time. Saved my bacon when my disk got stinky recently.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
On PB, if you open your library, you can find a command over on the right that lets you "Download This Album" It will compress your photos into a .zip file and download them to your hard drive. I'm in the process of doing that, and I started with my largest album containing 249 photos. It took less than five minutes, total.

I did the same thing, I'll at least have some of my older pictures now which weren't on the computer.

Gerry.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you fellows delete your account after you moved your pictures off of PB? I pulled my pics, but haven't pulled the plug yet....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Think of Rick's servers here on the Campfire... 100k + members with 2 or 3k usually on all at the same time, some perpetually living on the site, browsing, posting, reading, linking, searching... and remembering that every word you've ever said, posted, linked to or from other sites including video's and photos over the last 17+ years is still on the servers and retrievable anytime you want any time day or night... that kind of capacity cost money and has to be recovered somehow or eaten, not to mention the effort it takes to keep it up and running.

Lot of places are starting to rethink their plans and whether to charge for it. A lot of them have put a lot of restrictions on them.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
100k + members with 2 or 3k usually on all at the same time, some perpetually living on the site, browsing, posting, reading, linking, searching... and remembering that every word you've ever said, ...

Phil

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (19rabbit52, 007FJ, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 1,738 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,011
Posts18,520,664
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.