Home
Posted By: rainierrifleco Photobucket - 07/22/17
What is with the photobucket no showing up pictures...
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Read this.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12118229/1
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
What is with the photobucket no showing up pictures...

Photobucket is hiding everybody's pictures under a rock....figured you would of known...

Mike
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
So am I to understand I have to pay them to view a picture posted by so one else?
Hog wash.....no way...not me...hope they go away.....
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
I started using Imgur.com. It works great.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17

Got an email from PB yesterday advertising various products totally unrelated to their photo storage or even photography they are trying to selling now.

Amazon better be on their toes 'cause Photobucket is coming after a piece of their action...! wink
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
You're a 'little' late to their party!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
So am I to understand I have to pay them to view a picture posted by so one else?

No, you have to pay to post a picture.

Originally Posted by Steelhead

To the tune of $400 a year for the 'privilege', too.

Originally Posted by joken2

Got an email from PB yesterday advertising various products totally unrelated to their photo storage or even photography they are trying to selling now.

Amazon better be on their toes 'cause Photobucket is coming after a piece of their action...! wink

From PB email - types of products they are trying to sell now:

"Texas Sludge Coffee Sampler

Texas Sludge Coffee Company was born in the heart of San Antonio, TX. This small locally owned and operated family business, since 2007, has the desire and ambition to bring back what a good ol' cup of coffee should be! Working directly with small coop farmers, Texas Sludge Coffee Company roasts and grinds each small batch to order in antique machinery making the best tasting cup of coffee which is GOTEXAN certified."

"Green Home Cleaning Bundle by EcoNuts
As Seen on Shark Tank!

Multiple Award winning and certified USDA Organic by Oregon Tilth. Green your home with this cleaning bundle. This offer includes 3 certified organic cleaners for all your surfaces, glass, and floors plus a roll of our soft absorbent reusable towels made from bamboo rayon. Our natural liquid detergent is also included, which is great for all laundry and excellent for those with sensitive skin and allergies."

"Beard King
As Seen on Shark Tank!

Do you dread the task of cleaning up after grooming your facial hair? The fact is grooming facial hair can be a very messy and time consuming task. Fear no more, Beard Bib by BEARD KING is the only men's grooming tool that reduces manual cleanup and allows for an easy disposal."

"CordaRoy's - Convertible Bean Bag Chair

CHAIR CONVERTS TO A STANDARD FULL-SIZE BED. A great night's sleep is in the bag. Comes complete with Full Chair Cover and Full Bed insert. Seats 1 Adult 42" Wide. Sleeps 2 Adults. Patented Full Bed inside (54 x 75 x 8). Changeable, Washable & Dryable Cover. Filled with Premium super soft Shredded Foam."

"Baby Time Capsule

Parents fill Baby’s Time Capsule with memorabilia from the day and year of their child’s birth. This timeless keepsake is then sealed until a designated day–years in the future–when the baby is grown. This heartwarming 22-piece gift set comes with everything needed to create an absolutely unforgettable treasure."
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead

So is the reason I can't see the pictures posted on here is they want the poster to pay....either way aren't they forcing everyone to use a difrent method?
Posted By: RickBin Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Use the Campfire Gallery.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Followed your instructions to the letter hoping to upload from my files and resized down to 450 pixels as well.

Fail.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
email twice from Photobucket trying to get me to upgrade to their 400.00 package didn't respond just deleted it both times
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

THIS!!!

Fast and easy to use...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flyer01 Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
testing

http://imgur.com/l1fKeBM
imgur.com/l1fKeBM
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
lol, photobucket trying to sell stuff?

sry I'm not buyin it.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
that's a great pic luv2safari
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Thanks legit.

That was at my deer camp in central NV. My grandson had killed his first deer that morning, a fat 3-point mulie. It was a great ending of a perfect day.

L2S
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Photobucket has gone McCain on us.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Originally Posted by RickBin

Rick,

Is there a Campfire Gallery tutoral somewhere?

Some of us ole Pharts aren't that computer savy, need distructions..

DF
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Rick,

DF

Top of the forum. Blue highlight.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Rick,

DF

Top of the forum. Blue highlight.

Dirtfarmer;
As my cyber friend Barry has already said, it's up top here.

I'm by no means an expert on it, but have managed to post one photo so far with it and it worked fine.

I did find it helpful to open the 'Fire in two tabs so I could tab back and forth between the instructions and the Photo section - but then I'm cyber challenged and then some. wink

Hope that helped and good luck sir!

Dwayne
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Just use postimage.org and be done with it. Easier than anything else and it is secure.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Photobucket - 07/22/17
Thanks dakotadeer.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Photobucket - 07/23/17
The 24 gallery works just fine

The Franlenstud Slingamarig Sling Stud

From Thin Air Creations are available for immediate shipment

$40 shipped to anywhere USA

Anywhere else.....aditional shipping will apply but we will ship anywhere

6061 CNC lathe turned and bead blasted aircraft aluminum held in place with a stainless steel screw

Now accepting PayPal

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flyer01 Re: Photobucket - 07/23/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: las Re: Photobucket - 07/23/17
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Just use postimage.org and be done with it. Easier than anything else and it is secure.

Tried that. The password they sent to my email never showed up. Three times. F'k em. Imgur worked bang flop.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Photobucket - 07/23/17
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

I tried creating an account there, and it won't let me.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Photobucket - 07/23/17

Rick, I moderate a motorcycle forum called Adventure Rider. I am not an administrator, so I don't know what was done to make it work, but I can pull an image from my Facebook albums and post it there. I can do it on a boating forum called The Hull Truth too. This site won't let me. It will only show the link. I share a lot of pics on Facebook, and I would assume many other members here do to. Is there any way we can get this site to accept a copied link from Facebook.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Photobucket - 07/23/17
My linked Photobucket pictures are still showing up on Glock Talk. What's up with that?
Posted By: las Re: Photobucket - 07/23/17
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Rick, I moderate a motorcycle forum called Adventure Rider. I am not an administrator, so I don't know what was done to make it work, but I can pull an image from my Facebook albums and post it there. I can do it on a boating forum called The Hull Truth too. This site won't let me. It will only show the link. I share a lot of pics on Facebook, and I would assume many other members here do to. Is there any way we can get this site to accept a copied link from Facebook.

I'm using Imgur. Works just like photobucket, but better, faster, stronger.... smile One thing tho, is that for the pic to show up on Campfire, you have to start with text, or it will only show the link on your post.

My first post from Ingur did just that. I went back and added text above the link, but the link remained, while the next two pictures I posted after that showed up (same thread). Probably if I had deleted the link, then put it back on following text, it would show.

No picture will show up until it gets to the 'Fire.
Posted By: superdave Re: Photobucket - 07/23/17
Aaah, freeware. FWIW, the mobile PB app currently works better than the desktop brower business if you're just trying to download your own pictures. I figured one of these days it would quit, didn't think PB would implode so dramatically though. I presently can't seem to find the proper cable to my old ext. hard drive for pictures so have been pulling pictures off to host with google for my wordpress site. If you pull up a PB album, then an individual pic, you still get the "3rd party hosting won't work neener neener" image. But, the download to your phone button still works...just hit it and then pull up your gallery, it will be there. If you have your phone set to backup all pics to google or whatever, they'll eventually get there. Anyway, just thought I'd pass the word in case there was anyone else out there cussing at their screen. This is all samsung/google advice, I'm only guessing but apple stuff is probably the same. Who knows how long this will work though.

Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Photobucket - 07/28/17
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I'm using Imgur. Works just like photobucket, but better, faster, stronger.... smile One thing tho, is that for the pic to show up on Campfire, you have to start with text, or it will only show the link on your post.

My first post from Ingur did just that. I went back and added text above the link, but the link remained, while the next two pictures I posted after that showed up (same thread). Probably if I had deleted the link, then put it back on following text, it would show.

No picture will show up until it gets to the 'Fire.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but twice I tried to create an account with Imgur and it wouldn't let me.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Photobucket - 07/28/17
I used to say postimage was good but now it seems to be dropping pics or they think a pic of a 1100 barrel is some type of terror threat, who knows. Phuggerrs.
Posted By: Thegman Re: Photobucket - 07/28/17
Buck Photofucket, this will be the beginning of their end...
Posted By: Kentac Re: Photobucket - 07/28/17
+1
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Photobucket - 07/28/17
Just got an E-mail from them a little while ago stating that my account had been using a 3rd Party and asking that I upgrade my account and explaining all the benefits... trash bin! Deleted all my photos quite awhile ago when news first broke, and as others have said couldn't find a way to delete account so left it sitting empty, that's on them! Probably would have kept using them if at at reasonable rate, but they were trying to get rich in short order...

Phil.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Photobucket - 07/28/17

I've got the occasional email from PB over the years but they have been few and far between.
Now apparently they are trying to promote a new sideline business of theirs and I've got emails two weeks in a row from them hawking some of their new products. Photobucket Deals
Posted By: WranglerJohn Re: Photobucket - 07/28/17
Photobucket has learned from this guy:

[Linked Image]

His name was Mulai Ahmed Raisuli, a true brigand and pirate, once played by Sean Connery in the movie The Wind and the Lion.

So they ransomed my photos, pay up or you'll never post them on third party sites again. So I did what any red blooded American would do, I cashed in a gold coin and paid up. Easy peasy.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Photobucket - 07/28/17
Makes no sense to me why anyone not using their photos, pic, gifs, jpgs etc for business would not just use the pleathora of free hosting sites.

I use tinypic. Upload to their site and use the code to post a pic here. Now the pic might only last for 5-10 years as I believe they recycle codes. But honestly who cares by that time unless as I stated above you need them posted for an enternity for business.
Posted By: Badley Re: Photobucket - 07/30/17
OK, so I can add pictures to the image gallery, but how do I add pictures to one of my post?
© 24hourcampfire