Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RickBin
Use the Campfire Gallery.

Rick,

Is there a Campfire Gallery tutoral somewhere?

Some of us ole Pharts aren't that computer savy, need distructions..

DF

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Rick,

DF

Top of the forum. Blue highlight.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Rick,

DF

Top of the forum. Blue highlight.

Dirtfarmer;
As my cyber friend Barry has already said, it's up top here.

I'm by no means an expert on it, but have managed to post one photo so far with it and it worked fine.

I did find it helpful to open the 'Fire in two tabs so I could tab back and forth between the instructions and the Photo section - but then I'm cyber challenged and then some. wink

Hope that helped and good luck sir!

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Just use postimage.org and be done with it. Easier than anything else and it is secure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks dakotadeer.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 24 gallery works just fine

The Franlenstud Slingamarig Sling Stud

From Thin Air Creations are available for immediate shipment

$40 shipped to anywhere USA

Anywhere else.....aditional shipping will apply but we will ship anywhere

6061 CNC lathe turned and bead blasted aircraft aluminum held in place with a stainless steel screw

Now accepting PayPal

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
[Linked Image]

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Just use postimage.org and be done with it. Easier than anything else and it is secure.

Tried that. The password they sent to my email never showed up. Three times. F'k em. Imgur worked bang flop.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I started using Imgur.com. It works great.

I tried creating an account there, and it won't let me.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Rick, I moderate a motorcycle forum called Adventure Rider. I am not an administrator, so I don't know what was done to make it work, but I can pull an image from my Facebook albums and post it there. I can do it on a boating forum called The Hull Truth too. This site won't let me. It will only show the link. I share a lot of pics on Facebook, and I would assume many other members here do to. Is there any way we can get this site to accept a copied link from Facebook.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My linked Photobucket pictures are still showing up on Glock Talk. What's up with that?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Rick, I moderate a motorcycle forum called Adventure Rider. I am not an administrator, so I don't know what was done to make it work, but I can pull an image from my Facebook albums and post it there. I can do it on a boating forum called The Hull Truth too. This site won't let me. It will only show the link. I share a lot of pics on Facebook, and I would assume many other members here do to. Is there any way we can get this site to accept a copied link from Facebook.

I'm using Imgur. Works just like photobucket, but better, faster, stronger.... smile One thing tho, is that for the pic to show up on Campfire, you have to start with text, or it will only show the link on your post.

My first post from Ingur did just that. I went back and added text above the link, but the link remained, while the next two pictures I posted after that showed up (same thread). Probably if I had deleted the link, then put it back on following text, it would show.

No picture will show up until it gets to the 'Fire.

Last edited by las; 07/23/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Aaah, freeware. FWIW, the mobile PB app currently works better than the desktop brower business if you're just trying to download your own pictures. I figured one of these days it would quit, didn't think PB would implode so dramatically though. I presently can't seem to find the proper cable to my old ext. hard drive for pictures so have been pulling pictures off to host with google for my wordpress site. If you pull up a PB album, then an individual pic, you still get the "3rd party hosting won't work neener neener" image. But, the download to your phone button still works...just hit it and then pull up your gallery, it will be there. If you have your phone set to backup all pics to google or whatever, they'll eventually get there. Anyway, just thought I'd pass the word in case there was anyone else out there cussing at their screen. This is all samsung/google advice, I'm only guessing but apple stuff is probably the same. Who knows how long this will work though.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I'm using Imgur. Works just like photobucket, but better, faster, stronger.... smile One thing tho, is that for the pic to show up on Campfire, you have to start with text, or it will only show the link on your post.

My first post from Ingur did just that. I went back and added text above the link, but the link remained, while the next two pictures I posted after that showed up (same thread). Probably if I had deleted the link, then put it back on following text, it would show.

No picture will show up until it gets to the 'Fire.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but twice I tried to create an account with Imgur and it wouldn't let me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I used to say postimage was good but now it seems to be dropping pics or they think a pic of a 1100 barrel is some type of terror threat, who knows. Phuggerrs.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Buck Photofucket, this will be the beginning of their end...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
+1

A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Just got an E-mail from them a little while ago stating that my account had been using a 3rd Party and asking that I upgrade my account and explaining all the benefits... trash bin! Deleted all my photos quite awhile ago when news first broke, and as others have said couldn't find a way to delete account so left it sitting empty, that's on them! Probably would have kept using them if at at reasonable rate, but they were trying to get rich in short order...

Phil.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I've got the occasional email from PB over the years but they have been few and far between.
Now apparently they are trying to promote a new sideline business of theirs and I've got emails two weeks in a row from them hawking some of their new products. Photobucket Deals

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Photobucket has learned from this guy:

[Linked Image]

His name was Mulai Ahmed Raisuli, a true brigand and pirate, once played by Sean Connery in the movie The Wind and the Lion.

So they ransomed my photos, pay up or you'll never post them on third party sites again. So I did what any red blooded American would do, I cashed in a gold coin and paid up. Easy peasy.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 53 invisible), 1,946 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,029
Posts18,520,914
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.