Home
July 20, 2017 Bob Unruh, Posted on Conservatives4Palin with permission from WND

It took eight years of frustration, court battles and waiting. It took the complete change of a presidential administration. And it took the persistent fighting of a top-level team of lawyers.
But the Albuquerque Tea Party now is registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)4 organization, even though it was one of the hundreds of conservative groups obstructed by the agency under Barack Obama.

The American Center for Law and Justice, which has represented dozens of those groups in court fights, said the Albuquerque Tea Party now has its exempt status nearly eight years after originally filing its application.
"This is a major victor for free speech," ACLJ said.

The legal team the Obama administration had "orchestrated a complex scheme to dump conservative and tea party nonprofit applicants into a bureaucratic ‘black hole.'"
The conspiracy to delay the conservative groups' application for tax-exempt status, hindering their ability to raise funds, likely came from the top, ACLJ said.
In an earlier time, such abuse of power might have precipitated a war or at least an assassination. I believe that since no one did anything but gripe, and most of those were directly impacted by the IRS, it shows the dems they can do anything to anyone and can expect a tepid response at best. Nice going "conservatives": you're nothing but demoncrap bitches.
Democrats lose.MAGA!!
Originally Posted by RickyD
In an earlier time, such abuse of power might have precipitated a war or at least an assassination. I believe that since no one did anything but gripe, and most of those were directly impacted by the IRS, it shows the dems they can do anything to anyone and can expect a tepid response at best. Nice going "conservatives": you're nothing but demoncrap bitches.

It is called the Law of the Land.And this time we won without some stupid and harmful to our side; war or assassination.
It only took 8 years to correct what should have happened internally in 10 minutes. Corruption abounds in govt w/o expedient checks and balances.
When are heads going to roll over this chit..........lol ....peasants!
Kinda reminds me of the environmentalists' approach. They don't have to win, they just have to tie it up in court. Now we won - years after Obama was elected. Somehow it feels like Obama won.
This is a great opportunity for Trump to support his base. Obama managed lawsuits so that Democratic Front groups acquired hundreds of millions in "compensation". Tyrant Obama the Liar used the IRS to violate the civil rights of conservative groups and they deserve to be compensated to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump should arrange the settlement so that our side will be able to fight back against the Progressive Fascists.
The IRS should be made to refund their legal costs as well but we all know that won't happen.
That's right, this is no longer relevant. The Zero won this one. The Tea Party movement is pretty much over.

When a new movement starts and new groups are formed, they will have to fight this very same battle against a Dem administration. And, like this time, they'll "win" - after it no longer matters.
What's the old saying? "Justice delayed is justice denied."
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Kinda reminds me of the environmentalists' approach. They don't have to win, they just have to tie it up in court. Now we won - years after Obama was elected. Somehow it feels like Obama won.

I agree!
Originally Posted by BarryC
That's right, this is no longer relevant. The Zero won this one. The Tea Party movement is pretty much over.

When a new movement starts and new groups are formed, they will have to fight this very same battle against a Dem administration. And, like this time, they'll "win" - after it no longer matters.

The TEA party may be too late but the sentiment and attitude is still there. With the right focus it's possible they can have an impact. They need to start with the Federal Court systems.

kwg
Originally Posted by BarryC
What's the old saying? "Justice delayed is justice denied."

What do you think would happen if these tea party organizations received a settlement of $750 million? Would that revive the movement?

Tea Party by what ever name you want to call them today just took the Senate and the White House away from the Dems. That's three elections in a row.
Now we need to kick some Republican ass. Get their minds right.
Think of the God awful mess we would be in if that had not happened.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Tea Party by what ever name you want to call them today just took the Senate and the White House away from the Dems. That's three elections in a row.

Doesn't change a word of what I posted. Still enjoying my &^&*ing Obamacare. Obama won.
Yea, that sounds real American....getting away with not paying any taxes...sounds like just more crooks to me.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The IRS should be made to refund their legal costs as well but we all know that won't happen.

The only problem with that, is we fund the IRS. Abuse of power should be the soup du jour .
Originally Posted by Outbackandy
Yea, that sounds real American....getting away with not paying any taxes...sounds like just more crooks to me.

They are following the law. That makes them the opposite of crooks. In case you can't extrapolate, it makes the people who charged them in the first place, the crooks. They were NOT following the law. Obama used the IRS to punish and shut down a political opponent. THAT'S the unamerican part. I suppose YOU overpay on your taxes, so you can be a better American, eh? Of course, that would be voluntary. The government forcing you to pay taxes you do not owe, is nothing more than theft.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It only took 8 years to correct what should have happened internally in 10 minutes. Corruption abounds in govt w/o expedient checks and balances.

and John Koskinen is still IRS Commissioner. I can't believe that Trump did not fire that left wing ideologue.
I'm not a well known income tax cheat like your Trump, so I'm good with that...
I'm not a well known income tax cheat like your Trump, so I'm good with that...

Please show us all just one page of proof that he cheats on taxes. Just one.

He pays more in taxes in a year than you will make in 10 lifetimes.

Dumbass.
If you don't know about Trump past on his income tax cheating , I'm not going to waste my time with you...because you are the dumbass here for sure.
If you don't know about Trump past on his income tax cheating , I'm not going to waste my time with you...because your the dumbass here for sure.

Maybe.

I know the difference between your and you're though.

Still waiting for one page of anything that says Trump cheated on taxes.

Your girl Rachael Madcow sure made a laughing stock of herself with that huge expose showing Trump paid all his taxes though...

Tell us. Does drinking all that liberal Koolaid leave a strong feces aftertaste?
If you don't know about Trump past on his income tax cheating , I'm not going to waste my time with you...because you are the dumbass here for sure.

That's a pretty infantile dodge. Just put up, or shut up. It's possible that we are unaware of it, because it doesn't exist. If it does, you should be able to locate it.
Income tax is so American that they had to use constitutionally questionable methods to institute them.
Yeah, real American. smirk

Doesn't change a word of what I posted. Still enjoying my &^&*ing Obamacare. Obama won.

And it doesn't change a thing about everything Obama lost. Add all those lost State Houses to his beating.
And your &^&*ing Obamacare is melting right in front of our eyes.
The Liberals have dug themselves a DEEP hole in eight years. They have killed their own single-payer dreams.

Obviously, the Repubs don't know what to do with what the voters have given them. Tea Party types...Conservatives...need to rally and take our flag on up the Hill.
We badly need new and strong leadership in time for the next election. Pull all the Tea Party warriors together and back on the field.
So far the White House is coming up short. Or at least they could be doing far better. Time to build on what Trump has done.

2018 may set bigger records than 2010 and 2014.
Big paydays ahead even if the GOP keeps beating their heads against brick walls. Some of them may have sorry headaches next year. Some will wake up and get their minds right before then.
it's beyond me why y'all go back and forth with dick weasels like OA. They are just here to play with you. lol
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's beyond me why y'all go back and forth with dick weasels like OA. They are just here to play with you. lol

Target rich environment...
Originally Posted by benchman

They are following the law. That makes them the opposite of crooks. In case you can't extrapolate, it makes the people who charged them in the first place, the crooks. They were NOT following the law. Obama used the IRS to punish and shut down a political opponent. THAT'S the unamerican part. I suppose YOU overpay on your taxes, so you can be a better American, eh? Of course, that would be voluntary. The government forcing you to pay taxes you do not owe, is nothing more than theft.

This is the biggest reason why the whole tax code needs to be scrapped. Over the years, it has evolved into something that can be weaponized by the politicians to either buy votes, punish their enemies or control the general population. And just like with ObamaCare, a repeal and replace approach is a worthless effort. The tax code needs to be completely gutted of all deduction and loopholes. It needs to be a flat tax that treats every dollar exactly the same, regardless of who the person is. Anything else is discrimination and susceptible to exploitation just like the current code.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

This is the biggest reason why the whole tax code needs to be scrapped. Over the years, it has evolved into something that can be weaponized by the politicians to either buy votes, punish their enemies or control the general population. And just like with ObamaCare, a repeal and replace approach is a worthless effort. The tax code needs to be completely gutted of all deduction and loopholes. It needs to be a flat tax that treats every dollar exactly the same, regardless of who the person is. Anything else is discrimination and susceptible to exploitation just like the current code.

I would support something along these lines; having a minimum for family deductions and then a flat tax from there on out. that way all businesses could calculate their tax liability going forward as part of doing business . Therefor we wouldn't need much of a IRS unit, So the remainder of the Dept. could just go to work like the rest of us. Cheers NC
Originally Posted by northcountry
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

I would support something along these line ; having a minimum for family deductions and then a flat tax from there on out. that way all businesses could calculate there tax liability going forward as part of doing business . Therefor we wouldn't need much of a IRS unit, So the rest of the Dept. just go to work like the rest of us. Cheers NC

As soon as you introduce even one deduction, you open the flood gates to corrupt the entire system- zero deductions for ANYONE or ANY business.
Flat rate taxes are the only fair way.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Flat rate taxes are the only fair way.

Consumption or sales taxes are even more fair, but neither are doable. We will never loss the charity and home owner deductions. Congress will never find the guts to do that.
Will have to start with less than that and when it works; then ask for more. The old Reagan rule-or-thumb. Settle for 80 percent and come back later for the other 40 percent.

And it doesn't change a thing about everything Obama lost. Add all those lost State Houses to his beating.
And your &^&*ing Obamacare is melting right in front of our eyes.
The Liberals have dug themselves a DEEP hole in eight years. They have killed their own single-payer dreams.

Obviously, the Repubs don't know what to do with what the voters have given them. Tea Party types...Conservatives...need to rally and take our flag on up the Hill.
We badly need new and strong leadership in time for the next election. Pull all the Tea Party warriors together and back on the field.
So far the White House is coming up short. Or at least they could be doing far better. Time to build on what Trump has done.

2018 may set bigger records than 2010 and 2014.
Big paydays ahead even if the GOP keeps beating their heads against brick walls. Some of them may have sorry headaches next year. Some will wake up and get their minds right before then.

Obamacare was designed to fail. Obama won. The question now is whether the GOP has the balls to stand up or if they let it slide into single payer (just like Obama planned).

Obamacare was designed to fail. Obama won. The question now is whether the GOP has the balls to stand up or if they let it slide into single payer (just like Obama planned).[/quote]

REPEAT One More Time...Obamacare is so bad it has killed any chance of any kind of single payer plan.

REPEAT One More Time...Obamacare is so bad it has killed any chance of any kind of single payer plan.

Keep telling yourself that if it's comfort food, the truth is even rinos are leaning towards single payer anymore.
It will happen. We had our chance with DJT, but the sphincters in Congress aren't worth [bleep].
Originally Posted by broomd

Keep telling yourself that if it's comfort food, the truth is even rinos are leaning towards single payer anymore.
It will happen. We had our chance with DJT, but the sphincters in Congress aren't worth [bleep].

Then we will have another Tea Party type mid term election landslide even bigger than the last two. and this one will be rino season.

Not comfort food. HISTORY
Well, I don't agree, but I certainly hope that you are right and I am wrong.
Originally Posted by broomd
Well, I don't agree, but I certainly hope that you are right and I am wrong.

It looks to me like the GOP will keep screwing around and getting nothing done until Ocare really does completely collapse.
© 24hourcampfire