Home
Posted By: 7mmbuster BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
[img]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...le-national-anthem-monday-preseason-game[/imv

I guess the >15% drop in viewership last year didn't teach these azzholes anything.
I've said many times, I'm not a football fan, but a lifelong Steeler fan.
No more! I'm beyond tired and disgusted with these morons politicizing pro sports, and mightily sick of the constant leftist attacks on the country I love. Enough's enough for me. I'm done.
I did hear that Jerry Jones forbid his players from showing such dis-respect. Time for the other owners to feel the pinch or man up.
7mm
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
I also am planning on writing a letter to the league, and the Pittsburgh Steelers informing them of my decision to no longer support their enterprise.
7mm
Address is as follows.

National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York NY 10017
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
I watch the Denver Broncos but I can boycott the NFL too.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
With Kaepernick's antics being allowed I quit watching anything NFL.

It surprised me. Kaepernick was a nice kid when I met him at UNR. He was my stepson's neighbor. He got in with a bad crowd while with the 'niners, and I think some drugs got abused.

Anyway, he and the NFL can K M A now. I prefer to watch mid major college teams.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
I completely agree with you.
I'm not a football fan either, I never watch it.
What really chaps my ass about pro football. is that they want the town where the stadium is located to pay for a lot of its construction under the premise that it "brings in revenue" expecting the local people to pick up the tab by being taxed. While those overpaid players make millions.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Lots of things to hate about the NFL, this is just one more...

At least Kaeperdick was a has-been. The Browns, really? One of the few never-beens in the NFL despite all the rules designed to achieve parity.
Posted By: broomd Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
We boycotted the NFL last year for the same reasons.
We did watch the superbowl, with Brady and Bellichek as Trump fans, we couldn't resist.

We'll boycott this year as well...
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Lots of things to hate about the NFL, this is just one more...

At least Kaeperdick was a has-been. The Browns, really? One of the few never-beens in the NFL despite all the rules designed to achieve parity.

Browns? After last night? All I can say is Go Buckeyes and Go Steelers.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Been doing it for years. I just don't care for the people that play now.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Won't watch a minute of it, won't watch any highlights of it and will turn off any radio coverage of it. Football is entertainment. It should be an escape. A place we can leave all the crap behind. I do not appreciate the NFL allowing its venues to become a place for polarizing political protest.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Why should I listen to that guy, "Ya know"?
NO NFL for me !
Posted By: prewar375 Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
I think the owners need to step up like Jones & give them an ultimatum. Goodell needs to tell the networks to keep the cameras off them & tell the stupid female reporters to quit interviewing them on what they are protesting about, who gives a sh**. I am a Broncs fan & so far so good & hope it stays that way. Brandon Marshall didn't take to long to change his mind last year.
Posted By: hatari Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
The reporters and the NFL have step into politics. Stupid venture. They shouldn't cover it, or acknowledge it and it would have gone away.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
[img]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...le-national-anthem-monday-preseason-game[/imv
I did hear that Jerry Jones forbid his players from showing such dis-respect. Time for the other owners to feel the pinch or man up.
7mm

Jerry Jones stopped that nonsense before it even started in Dallas last year. He pays those players as professionals and expects them to act same.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Have not watched it except for the SB for years, much prefer college football over it any day of the week.
Posted By: kingston Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
If you want to get their attention sign up for NFL Game Pass and cancel before the trial period ends.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dogslife57 Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Couldn't care less about the NFL. Just what you'd expect for products of left wing colleges.
Posted By: Savage_Hunter Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
I don't watch much now.
But when Eli retires, I'm likely done completely.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
It's said, Bud Grant had the Vikings practice standing for the anthem.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Not really watched games for years.

Seems like the "Not For Long" went bad when they started getting away from it being a sport.

While i am not a fan of the cowboys i do have to give a head nod to jerry for the way he handled this last year.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
If I want to see butthurt snowflakes, I'll turn on the evening news.

Those team owners need to fire each SOB that does that. That'll stop them short.
Posted By: Ringman Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
I watched one game because I heard the foolishness was over. I will not be watching anymore this year like I did last year. They don't seem to get it: They are in the entertainment business and alienating customers.
Posted By: old_willys Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17

I guess the >15% drop in viewership last year didn't teach these azzholes anything.
No more! I'm beyond tired and disgusted with these morons politicizing pro sports, and mightily sick of the constant leftist attacks on the country I love. Enough's enough for me. I'm done.
7mm

Last season not one Steeler took a knee during the National Anthem as long as that continues I will watch them.
Posted By: byc Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
NO...thanks! As well as nothing else.

You boys do what you want and I'll be doing the same.

Have a great day!!

REDSKINS and I are good to go.

BTW.......

Redskins head coach Jay Gruden wanted none of the credit from what was a incredible moment at FedExField prior to Monday night’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

A day after the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, members of the Washington Redskins made a stirring tribute to the nation’s military members that were on-hand to hold a giant American flag during the national anthem. With all of the flag holders in place, the anthem began, and the Redskins players stepped forward from the sideline to help hold the flag – side-by-side with members of the U.S. armed forces.

Members of the Steelers joined on the opposite side of the field, helping to hold the flag in unity with the soldiers.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
The Packers stand with hands respectfully on hearts.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Cowboys! The real dynasty...

Book it!
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
I'll watch but I won't watch any team that disrespects the anthem. What I would like to see is a web site that basically publishes which teams show respect and which ones don't so I can selectively punish them with my boycott. I would prefer not to punish the teams that just do their jobs and play football.
Posted By: elkcountry Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Haven't watched in years due to all of the dancing around after every play and waaaaayyyyyyyy too many commercials! The protests only reinforce my disgust of the NFL. The inmates (term used not so loosely) are running the asylum!

Can't wait for hunting seasons to start! Oh, and the NHL!

Elk Country
Posted By: CCCC Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Although I loved the NFL as a kid and listened to "the game" every Sunday on radio (only a few teams in the league) I can't help much in adding to a boycott because the interest faded for the same reasons. Actually have been to only four live games in my life and never have bought a ticket - each time as a guest of someone who could well-afford to give tickets. Last time was about 10 years ago and, aside from Super Bowls and maybe a promising playoff game or two, I have not watched much NFL for several seasons. Am supposing that this is the case fore more and more folks.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
they really screwed the pooch on this one. Colin got so much attention that the other whores wanted some too. I'd sooner watch the grass grow than EVER watch another pro ball game. These monkeys are nothing more than PAID ENTERTAINERS... sing, dance, play ball but don't ever disenfranchise at least half of your fans by such disrespect.
Posted By: moosemike Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
No way! Go Steelers and Go Packers!
Posted By: MojoHand Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Their mistake was in not wearing swastikas, the Confederate battle flag and giving sieg heil salutes.

That would've gotten them a lot more fans/supporters here....

I'll be watching the Packers when I can but I'm waiting for October and the coolest game on earth...
Posted By: SamOlson Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
You are a fuucking idiot.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Black lives matter is pushing a boycott too. They can KMA..
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
I've never been a fan of any professional sports.

Turns out that I haven't missed a thing.
Posted By: westside_benny Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Black lives matter is pushing a boycott too. They can KMA..

I'll be watching the Packers with my son. He's way too excited about playing football to let politics destroy that. I think we will be seeing a paradigm shift relatively soon (call me an optimist) and not just in football. Now, I have the luxury of not having Kapperdik in anyway associated with our team...so apologies for that.
Posted By: rem141r Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/22/17
i completely quit watching football when the roonies hired vick and started endorsing obama and hildog. i could forgive the first endorsement of zero, but not hildog and vick. fugg the stillers.
Posted By: Wook Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17

7mm

Right on. Me to. 38 year Seahawk fan. Since Michael Bennett can't get off his ass, I'm OUT too. Quit fantasy football and done with the Seahawks & NFL. Great idea to write a letter. I'll be sending one too.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
Been boycotting it my entire life.
Posted By: kingston Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
That's not a boycott.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
Coddled and overpaid, just like the Hollywood crowd. Haven't scene a movie in over 40 years. My sock drawer is going to look well kept.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
Originally Posted by kingston
If you want to get their attention sign up for NFL Game Pass and cancel before the trial period ends.
[Linked Image]

Or, you can go to their feedback/complaint page and explicitly tell them that you are not watching due to the anthem protests...

NFL Feedback Form
Posted By: battue Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
Steelere have an ex Army Combat Ranger on the team, Alejandro Villanueva. If he wasn't there I wouldn't place money on someone not sitting down. Nor do I think the Rooney's would concern themselves over it.
Posted By: kingston Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
I'll still watch, but I'm not paying to watch and I'm not watching with the zeal I have in the past. Over the last few years I've had Game Pass and/or Sunday Ticket. Money is the language of the NFL. They're constantly angling to increase revenue. Selling 'premium' access to content is the latest strategy. I'm not buying.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
I've been boycotting that freak show for over 5 years now. I don't even consider it a sport anymore. It's nothing but a giant soap opera circus combined with a reality show and I'm sick of hearing about it constantly 12 months of the year by rabidly salivating breathless media types. Which is yet another reason I can't stomach most media types. That mega-million dollar Hollywood circus just proves that P.T. Barnum was right when he came up with that "There's a sucker born every minute" comment. Football's a good game but I'll go watch a high school football game if I want to see football. I don't wish to see our so-called "family friendly" NFL activists acting in another episode of "NFL Drama Theater" which always seems to lean way too far to the left. I can only hope for the day that a few million more Americans start to wake up and get sick of that depressing side show. That's not a football league..... It's a political action committee.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Cowboys! The real dynasty...

Book it!

Yep! And all of Jerry's boys will be standing for the National Anthem, or the WON'T be Cowboys!
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
Didn't watch a single game last season and won't watch them this season either. It goes well beyond just the Krapertwit deal. Lots of their players feel the same as he does as well. But more than that, the NFL has tried to twist city and state government arms over PC nonsense like the transgender bathroom bills in Texas and North Carolina.
Posted By: cdparker Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
I am an NFL fan. In 1957, as a high school senior, we played for our championship at Soldier's Field. So yes, I'm a football slut. The one point that I would like to make is those of you who are just not watching the NFL; are you making your Country proud of you? I mean-- does the NFL know how you feel? Football teams are owned by Owners or Owner Groups. However, the bottom line being to make money. Teams are really run by "bean counters". They are the ones who tell the owners about the money. Just boycotting the NFL does NOTHING. It is a selfish act on your part. What you need to do is to let your team know how you feel. Tell them that you will not buy a ticket to a home game. You will never buy a Jersey of your favorite player or spend another dime on that team as long as they let this nonsense go on. Tell them how you are getting everyone that you can to do the same. That way, you are hitting them back and they know that by allowing these kids to create a scene, they are taking money out of their own pockets. My next point is These 20 something children are out of touch with the rest of the world. They think that they are actually doing something that folks will see as a way to change things. Where in the World would they have such a life and all those millions? Except for "Allie" has any of them gone "down range" or "stood at the wire"? I have. Do you think that these misguided babies would "take a knee" at Arlington? Heck, I don't think that they even know what an honor it would be to end up there.
Tell your team that you are boycotting them if they let this crap continue. Let them know how you are going to do what you can to cost them money. That, they will understand.
The only other thing that I have often wondered about is did Dick Butkus actually bight Don Meredith in the bottom of a pile up?
Posted By: Fubarski Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
Tough situation.

BLM, commies, et al., will be just as happy if white people boycott the NFL into extinction.

Another American icon gone, another great industry gone, part of traditional America gone.

The reason behind the "concussion" bullshit.

The reason behind the Anthem pussies.

Get Whitey to kill his own tradition, nothin could be more fun.
Posted By: byc Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
NO!
Posted By: byc Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
and BTW screw Kaepernick!!
Posted By: T_O_M Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
In what way does boycotting the NFL benefit me? ... I mean, other than football conflicting with deer hunting and fly fishing, of course. Just curious.

Tom
Posted By: colorado bob Re: BOYCOTT the NFL! - 08/23/17
Not me----I want to win the office pool !!
© 24hourcampfire