Home
The national anthem protest-and-criticism cycle consumed much of the NFL’s off-field conversation over the last year. Now it’s headed inside the white lines. Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert announced on Twitter that he’ll be standing for the national anthem; not only that, he’ll be honoring a member of the U.S. military on his cleats every game, starting with former NFL player and Ranger Pat Tillman:

I know it would probably be best to stay out of it, but when you believe in something as much as I do it gets to a point where you want both sides to be heard. I am not questioning anyone’s reasons or rights to protest, but instead the method. This entire protest about raising awareness for racial inequality has gotten lost in the media and turned into a debate about whether to sit or stand for the national anthem. I want to take this time to remind everyone why I stand.

I stand because I love my country. I stand because I want to honor the people putting their lives on the line for me on a daily basis in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard. I stand because my cousin is a pilot in the United States Air Force, risking his life flying F-15s in active war zones. He takes pride in his job protecting Americans, a sacrifice that all members of every branch of the United States military willfully take.

For the first game this weekend against the Baltimore Ravens, I am writing Pat Tillman’s name on my cleats. And each game thereafter, I am going to write another person’s name from the United States military, whether active, retired, killed or missing in action, or a prisoner of war. These people are why I am standing because they gave me and everyone else the chance to have freedom and earn a living playing a sport I love.
[Linked Image]
puck the NFL
As far as my sport viewing is concerned the NFL doesn't exist.
Hear, hear, Tyler! Thank you; you are a good enough man to be a Packer.
https://goo.gl/images/Kf3Ovq
Bet those that stand up don't get Half the Press, that the Anti American crowd get...

Kudos to Tyler Eifert....

Minus what the media reports, there are a lot more real Americans than there are the AntiFA
wussies....mindless Morons who really don't know what they are out there protesting...
But will / does the media give this notice?

If they really want it to stop, and the NFL/owners/coaches won't step up, the media can take care of it. Simple. DO NOT SHOW THEM, DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT.

Simple, no media, nobody cares, they will stop
Media? Hell, it doesn't even get any notice here. If this was another kneeler thread, it'd be on page 10 already. Just the way it is I guess.

Well done Mr. Eifert.
Great to hear about, at least one of them, saying he believes in the US and he does take a stand.
Good stuff; sounds like a man of integrity and honor who has thought about this stuff and doesn't just want to toss mud on the other side, but take advantage of the conversation to say something positive.

Kudos to him; we could use more like him all over the place...
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

But smart enough not to be.
Originally Posted by tzone

I detect "Packer Envy"
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by tzone

I detect "Packer Envy"

San Fran should be the "Packers."

"San Fran should be the "Packers."[/quote]

too funny
They will say he is a racist because he is white
Actually, I thought it was against the rules for players to write anything on their sneakers that was not pre-approved by the league?
Good for Mr. Eifert, anyone that can sit during The Anthem, with The Military and LEO hands at attention, and when those Jets flyover needs a bullet through the head, lobe to lobe!
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Actually, I thought it was against the rules for players to write anything on their sneakers that was not pre-approved by the league?

Let the league just try to cause him trouble for this. It would backfire like a tactical nuke, and they know it.

I've gone without the Ni...r Football league since Krapperdick's antics were first tacitly approved by the league's limp-wristed reaction early on, and my Sundays are far more filled with time spent with grandson and bird dogs.

I think addiction to pro sports is sort of sad, actually. It fills empty places that could contain worthwhile endeavors.

...this from a former lifetime 49'er fan...
Originally Posted by gunner500
Good for Mr. Eifert, anyone that can sit during The Anthem, with The Military and LEO hands at attention, and when those Jets flyover needs a bullet through the head, lobe to lobe!

^^^This^^^
I HOPE ALL MEMBERS OF EVERT TEAM DOES THE SAME .THE FEW THAR DON'T GET OUT OF FOOTBALL GO TO IRAN IN PLAY
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by gunner500

^^^This^^^

If they can sit on their asses with 75 to 100000 people drenched in Patriotism, Respect and Thankfulness, Yessir, their GD rotten sorry black hearted asses need a bullet.

It's also NFL policy to avoid “conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League.” Judging by the drop in ratings, I'd say the Anthem protests are tarnishing the shield.
Cool!
Yes F the NFL.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Let the league just try to cause him trouble for this. It would backfire like a tactical nuke, and they know it.

I've gone without the Ni...r Football league since Krapperdick's antics were first tacitly approved by the league's limp-wristed reaction early on, and my Sundays are far more filled with time spent with grandson and bird dogs.

I think addiction to pro sports is sort of sad, actually. It fills empty places that could contain worthwhile endeavors.

...this from a former lifetime 49'er fan...

Right. It only took a couple of weeks to wean myself from watching pro football--forever. I will NEVER support an organization that enables spoiled multimilionaires, grousing about how bad they have it, to disrespect this nation.
PI$$ on the n f l !!! and every one that has anything to do with them. Rio7
Good lord, I feel like I'm reading Democratic underground. Bunch of whiny [bleep]. Get that broad brush out. I can see the reasoning from a Niners fan.
sandbilly -- go pound sand for the nfl Rio7
LMAO!! Are you guys working with Antifa?
Originally Posted by RIO7
sandbilly -- go pound sand for the nfl Rio7

What's really happened here is a bunch of ex-band and home-ec members that never followed football anyway, using this as an excuse to get on your soap box and act like you're special. I'm sure there is counseling or a safe space available for you whiny [bleep] crybabies.
Re: Sandbilly

Coming from a man who apparently doesn't have the sense to wear his ball cap properly. (profile picture).
Originally Posted by Brazos
Re: Sandbilly

Coming from a man who apparently doesn't have the sense to wear his ball cap properly. (profile picture).

And you're smart enough to figure out that's me. Idiot.
I don't care what events or sports you are or have been involved in, If you are stupid enough NOT to stand up with pride with your hand over your heart or salute the anthem and flag of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , Your a POS that does not deserve to live here...... A lot of Americans have died for our flag and anthem, I repeat PI$$ on the n f l< And all the small minded turds like you . Rio7
Y'all should have heard the little High School gal that just sang the National Anthem for the Broncos vs Chargers Kickoff. I bet their wasn't a dry eye in the stadium. And not a player one on either team was setting down! MAGA!
I don't care what events or sports you are or have been involved in, If you are stupid enough NOT to stand up with pride with your hand over your heart or salute the anthem and flag of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , Your a POS that does not deserve to live here...... A lot of Americans have died for our flag and anthem, I repeat PI$$ on the n f l< And all the small minded turds like you . Rio7

So you're judging every player by a couples actions, right?
Originally Posted by SandBilly

SB,

That's not it. We're sick and tired of the league shoving it's PC agenda. If they would just play the game and STFU all would be OK.

Also, getting all puffed up and "manly" by rooting for a sports team doesn't make anyone studly and more worthy. Not giving a flying fugghh doesn't either.

I won't come down on anyone for liking a sport a lot. Enjoy the game. wink
Originally Posted by SandBilly

SB,

That's not it. We're sick and tired of the league shoving it's PC agenda. If they would just play the game and STFU all would be OK.

Also, getting all puffed up and "manly" by rooting for a sports team doesn't make anyone studly and more worthy. Not giving a flying fugghh doesn't either.

I won't come down on anyone for liking a sport a lot. Enjoy the game. wink

If that's your opinion you won't hear me bitching, but quit pissing on the positive threads here, especially about the actions of fine individuals.
What fine individuals?

You?

Have you ever pizzed on threads that others thought were positive? confused

No flames here; we all do it...just sparks from the Campfire. grin

I think the shoes tribut was a great thing, and its sign of respect gives me hope for a younger generation.
What fine individuals?

You?

Have you ever pizzed on threads that others thought were positive? confused

No flames here; we all do it...just sparks from the Campfire. grin

You slow? Eifert? He's who I thought the thread was about.
YES!

I added to my post to acknowledge that, for sure.

We actually don't disagree so much after all.
© 24hourcampfire