Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The national anthem protest-and-criticism cycle consumed much of the NFL’s off-field conversation over the last year. Now it’s headed inside the white lines. Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert announced on Twitter that he’ll be standing for the national anthem; not only that, he’ll be honoring a member of the U.S. military on his cleats every game, starting with former NFL player and Ranger Pat Tillman:

I know it would probably be best to stay out of it, but when you believe in something as much as I do it gets to a point where you want both sides to be heard. I am not questioning anyone’s reasons or rights to protest, but instead the method. This entire protest about raising awareness for racial inequality has gotten lost in the media and turned into a debate about whether to sit or stand for the national anthem. I want to take this time to remind everyone why I stand.

I stand because I love my country. I stand because I want to honor the people putting their lives on the line for me on a daily basis in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard. I stand because my cousin is a pilot in the United States Air Force, risking his life flying F-15s in active war zones. He takes pride in his job protecting Americans, a sacrifice that all members of every branch of the United States military willfully take.

For the first game this weekend against the Baltimore Ravens, I am writing Pat Tillman’s name on my cleats. And each game thereafter, I am going to write another person’s name from the United States military, whether active, retired, killed or missing in action, or a prisoner of war. These people are why I am standing because they gave me and everyone else the chance to have freedom and earn a living playing a sport I love.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
puck the NFL

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As far as my sport viewing is concerned the NFL doesn't exist.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hear, hear, Tyler! Thank you; you are a good enough man to be a Packer.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 09/10/17.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bet those that stand up don't get Half the Press, that the Anti American crowd get...

Kudos to Tyler Eifert....

Minus what the media reports, there are a lot more real Americans than there are the AntiFA
wussies....mindless Morons who really don't know what they are out there protesting...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
But will / does the media give this notice?

If they really want it to stop, and the NFL/owners/coaches won't step up, the media can take care of it. Simple. DO NOT SHOW THEM, DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT.

Simple, no media, nobody cares, they will stop

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Media? Hell, it doesn't even get any notice here. If this was another kneeler thread, it'd be on page 10 already. Just the way it is I guess.

Well done Mr. Eifert.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Great to hear about, at least one of them, saying he believes in the US and he does take a stand.

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Good stuff; sounds like a man of integrity and honor who has thought about this stuff and doesn't just want to toss mud on the other side, but take advantage of the conversation to say something positive.

Kudos to him; we could use more like him all over the place...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

But smart enough not to be.

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tzone

I detect "Packer Envy"

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by tzone

I detect "Packer Envy"

San Fran should be the "Packers."

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

"San Fran should be the "Packers."[/quote]

too funny

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They will say he is a racist because he is white

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Actually, I thought it was against the rules for players to write anything on their sneakers that was not pre-approved by the league?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good for Mr. Eifert, anyone that can sit during The Anthem, with The Military and LEO hands at attention, and when those Jets flyover needs a bullet through the head, lobe to lobe!

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Actually, I thought it was against the rules for players to write anything on their sneakers that was not pre-approved by the league?

Let the league just try to cause him trouble for this. It would backfire like a tactical nuke, and they know it.

I've gone without the Ni...r Football league since Krapperdick's antics were first tacitly approved by the league's limp-wristed reaction early on, and my Sundays are far more filled with time spent with grandson and bird dogs.

I think addiction to pro sports is sort of sad, actually. It fills empty places that could contain worthwhile endeavors.

...this from a former lifetime 49'er fan...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Good for Mr. Eifert, anyone that can sit during The Anthem, with The Military and LEO hands at attention, and when those Jets flyover needs a bullet through the head, lobe to lobe!

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 65 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,538
Posts18,472,802
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.