Home
Posted By: need one need one is back - 06/26/02
First things first and foremost!
<br>
<br>A deep and sincere heartfelt, THANK YOU, to all the guys around this campfire for the thoughts, cards, phone calls, and especially the prayers for me and Sherry. The phone calls to the hospital were a great moral booster but when they started coming in from Alaska Sherry was astonished and then Travelingmans call from Hong Kong to a hunter he has never met made us realize just how great our campfire really is. I cannot call names but the time, expense, comradeship expressed by all of you,(some called twice), really helped in a stressful situation. The nurses thought I was some kind of celebrity.
<br>Our thanks to Boggy, Art, TLee and others for keeping everyone informed of the situation.
<br>
<br>We were released Sunday, the eighty mile ride home made the bed feel great. Everything seems to be progressing great. Put back together with glue, two sutures containers sewed to chest, just in case.
<br>Had the same Physician, surgeon, antethielogost?, from eleven years ago in the same Presbyterion hospital. Great team and hospital.
<br>
<br>Thank you each and everyone, Sherry and Sonnie!!
Posted By: Partsman Re: need one is back - 06/26/02
Well welcome back, I think you were missed. Can't understand why.[Linked Image] All kidding aside, we kept the campfire going till your return and I know everybody was pulling for you. Just glad things turned out alright, nice to know there are good people out there that one can count on for good wishes and prayers. So Sit back and join the fray.
Posted By: Westman Re: need one is back - 06/26/02
Glad you're back Sonnie!
<br>
<br>Heal up good now, there are fish to catch and guns to buy and sell!!
<br>
<br>Bill
Posted By: T LEE Re: need one is back - 06/26/02
Great, glad your back at the fire. Now just remember you gotta be on your best behavior for .......at least 10 seconds!
<br>
<br>Welcome home,
<br>T LEE
Posted By: Greyghost Re: need one is back - 06/26/02
No, glad your home. Sounds like it's going to take more than a little heart problem to keep you down. Bet your already fondling some new pistol, and having dreams about all the nurses (might have that backward) Oh, and that hospital food! (grin)
<br>
<br>All kidding aside, take it easy for awhile.
<br>
<br>Phil
<br>
<br>
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: need one is back - 06/26/02
Good to hear from you, Sonnie! Welcome back.
<br>7mm
Posted By: AFP Re: need one is back - 06/26/02
Sonnie,
<br>
<br>Glad your back. You had me a little worried.
<br>
<br>Blaine
Posted By: ff4306 Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
A BIG WELCOME BACK
Posted By: Cheaha Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Glad you're back,you ole Buzzard! [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Nothing quite like getting to sleep in your own bed. That will help you more than anything. Give Sherry my best...James
Posted By: pumpgun Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
It's good to have you back my friend. enjoyed our talk this afternoon as allways. best wishes for a speedy recovery. tom
Posted By: BW Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Indeed, welcome back Sonnie. You've been missed and quite frankly, things have been slow here.
<br>
<br>There's some "button pushing" that needs to be caught up on, so ya better get busy...
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]
Posted By: blammer Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Glad your back. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
<br>
<br>Maybe you can compete in our most recent Poatal match...[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>on second thought you'd probably out shoot us all so just stay in bed and get well, there will be others!
Posted By: Bill in NE Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Welcome Home!!
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
No, Heck, we should have been calling Sherry (my wifes name too), she is the one that has to put up with you! TM
<br>
<br>
<br>PS. Glad to have you back and feeling better
Three cheers and a tiger for our resident curmugedon [Linked Image]
<br>BCR
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
From one old GOAT to another.... glad to have you back!!
<br> Don't have much pull upstairs, but me and the lord were both pullen for you!
<br> Good shootin, vbshootinrange.
Glad you are on the mend. All the gun show attendees had better watch out, he is baaaaaaackkkk.........going to Mesquite in a few weeks?
Posted By: Okanagan Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Sonnie, welcome back! Some of us have been checking every day, waiting for your post and it is a relief too have you here in person, even better than the word that you came through surgery OK. This place isn't the same without you. Continued blessings, Len
Posted By: Clint Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Welcome home Sonnie, the place wasn't the same without you!
Posted By: need one Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
You guys get me all misty and make it hard to "push buttons" but just remember, "no one is exempt"! I treat you all like family or like down at the fire house, brothers under the skin. Like Will Rogers, "I never met a man I didn't like".
<br>
<br>CAT, the good LORD willing you know I will be at the Mesquite Gun Show -- July 13
Posted By: Waders Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Very glad to see you back, sir.
Posted By: RickBin Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Sonnie:
<br>
<br>The place just wasn't the same without you. Glad to see you back safe and sound.
<br>
<br>Take good care, and email if you need anything at all.
<br>
<br>Rick
Posted By: Eremicus Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Welcome home, NO. I missed you. E
Posted By: 8ball Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Welcome back, young man. This place has been way too mellow lately. No one was here to debate the merits of the 300WM as the all-encompassing weapon of choice the world over, and the .270 merely a warmup round. :-)
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
NO
<br>Happy to see you up and posting! Thanks for your kind words, hadn't realized you had those in you. LOL
<br>
<br>Update on the laptop... will be delivered to my house for inspection this evening, will let you know more later.
<br>
<br>get well
<br>art
Posted By: LittleMissDeer Re: need one is back - 06/27/02
Welcome back my dear ol' fogie. I'm not exactly sure yet what happened and why, so I'll do some snoopin through the threads, but I'm glad to hear all wen well. You may want to leave those ol' ladies alone next time, though...you don't wanna end up bruised and back in the hop'ital. ..Where exactly did ol' curmudgeon get off to? I've wondered from time to time. Stephanie [Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott_Thornley Re: need one is back - 06/28/02
Welcome back you old coot. I see you're already stress testing the circulatory system on the "pledge" topic [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>So, how does this, and or the fires near Durango affect your hunting plans this fall ?
<br>
<br>Take care,
<br>Scott
Posted By: need one Re: need one is back - 06/28/02
Thank you capt_e,
<br>
<br>I have made no plans for hunting anywhere,(except someplace in Colorado). Guess when the time comes I will hook up to the hunting trailer and head North with no destination plans. When and if I find elk, will buy an over the counter license and go hunt. I use the five day seasons to my advantage. If I haven't located before the first rifle season, start checking the lockers and where the animals are coming in from. That gives me an area to start, if they are still in the area by the end of season I buy license for second season. Weather plays a part also, some migration routes I know and can set up ahead of them. Sometimes it's like a needle in a haystack. My hope is for weather to bring them down low, start migration to wintering grounds. I am not a horn hunter, a slick, black, dry cow will do me just fine. Depends on license availability. -- no
Posted By: JustinH Re: need one is back - 06/29/02
NO, glad to hear you're doing better. I actually heard from my mom--on the phone--that you had some trouble. Couldn't get to a PC until now. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope you're back in shape by tag-filling time. JustinH
Posted By: Mssgn Re: need one is back - 07/02/02
welcome back!
Posted By: big hunter Re: need one is back - 07/02/02
Welcome back, Sonnie. Now stay in bed and enjoy that chicken noodle soup! Hope you recover real soon.
© 24hourcampfire