Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck reloading trials - 09/21/17
A couple years ago it was necessary to move my MIL in with us. She has her own tv that she watches most of the day but unfortunately, the only place we had to put her chair and tv was in the same back bedroom where I have my reloading bench. I absolutely can not reload when The Price is Right is on every day. I don't bother her any but that show drives me nuts. This morning I was loading up some ammo when her 2d favorite show came on - that frizzy haired guy who does the oil painting. He can drive any normal guy crazy with his 'happy little house with the tired shingles under the grouchy old tree'. I'm pretty sure that his audience is 99% female and/or queer.

Anyway, I suffered through it and got some '06 rounds loaded up to shoot this afternoon. Then I have to endure him again. AARGG!
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17

If it helps any, the fuzzy headed guy is DEAD...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
...but the pain lives on. His shows can go on for years, or at least until MIL is gone, too.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Head phones with your own music. If not enough move bench so you can watch TV.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Noise cancelling headphones.

I need to keep distractions at bay when reloading to keep F ups at a minimum.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
You know those '06 rounds'll run queer now.... jk
Posted By: gregintenn Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Build yourself a garage.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Move into bigger house.
Posted By: littlecmonkey Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Wireless headphones to connect her to the TV. No reason you have to wear the hot things.
Posted By: deflave Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Kill her.

Clark
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Not exactly how I would have said it. Try introducing her to the shooting sports. Have Rigby, will rent.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Trying to picture myself in the same situation (you know - for empathy's sake). I'd be kind of happy if the TV kept her from talking much......

No question that I'd divert fun money away from everything else (including she who invited the MIL), until I had another man cave built to my liking. In the meantime.....my sympathies. wink
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
My '06 weighs nearly as much as she does. She's 91 and very small. The recoil from a 22-250 would probably floor her.
Posted By: jnyork Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
RC, you will do well to obtain some noise cancelling ear muffs. There are many different models on Amazon for instance, in many different price ranges. They dont cost all THAT much, they will calm your poor frazzled nerves and keep peace in the family. Hope you get things ironed out. smile
Posted By: deflave Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Not exactly how I would have said it. Try introducing her to the shooting sports. Have Rigby, will rent.

KA-POW!

Dave
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
I can picture the whole set up and Excuse me but in a twisted sort of way it's humorous. Fortunately my MIL does not live with us but I'm 3/4 of the way finished with a 20 x 30 detached garage with dormer, just in case smile !!
Posted By: k20350 Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Originally Posted by schoolmarm

If it helps any, the fuzzy headed guy is DEAD...

And a retired Air Force Master Sgt.........
Posted By: Teal Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
How can you hate Bob Ross? He did this?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Exactly. Bob Ross was great!

Being mad at Bob Ross is like being mad at a waterfall or a field of wild flowers.

You guys are weird.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17
Bob Rossi rocks. There is a reason why his show still airs
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: reloading trials - 09/21/17

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Originally Posted by deflave
Kill her.

Clark

Excellent Idea! The average murderer spends 6 years in prison, he'd be a free man much sooner than if she dies naturally.
Posted By: 79S Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Bob Ross kicks ass he took up painting because he had [bleep] airmen who drove him nuts and made him angry...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A couple years ago it was necessary to move my MIL in with us. She has her own tv that she watches most of the day but unfortunately, the only place we had to put her chair and tv was in the same back bedroom where I have my reloading bench. I absolutely can not reload when The Price is Right is on every day. I don't bother her any but that show drives me nuts. This morning I was loading up some ammo when her 2d favorite show came on - that frizzy haired guy who does the oil painting. He can drive any normal guy crazy with his 'happy little house with the tired shingles under the grouchy old tree'. I'm pretty sure that his audience is 99% female and/or queer.

Anyway, I suffered through it and got some '06 rounds loaded up to shoot this afternoon. Then I have to endure him again. AARGG!

I look at situations like that and imagine all the BS those good old ladies went through to get us AND your Wife raised up, educated and gone from the house, it's easy to run with it if you'll look at the big picture.

It will be the absolute very least I'll do for mine the last 20 years of their lives on this earth.

But hey, what do I know, I'm a no church going, cursing, judgemental, prejudice, narrow minded, scotch drinking cigar smoking asswhole ;]
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
You could tell her what you want to do, that you need the TV off, and that you will quietly show her how it all works. I bet she'd watch and listen to your human interaction for an hour or two.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Not a bad idea.

Dakota Deer.
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Back when I had three kids in the house I bought a Tuff Shed and put it in the back yard. I insolated it and ran power to it. Had heat and AC with a killer sound system.
I loved that shed. I wated to take it with me when I moved but the buyer insited it stay.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
You could tell her what you want to do, that you need the TV off, and that you will quietly show her how it all works. I bet she'd watch and listen to your human interaction for an hour or two.

Now you want her to commit suicide...
Posted By: cuznguido Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Maybe you should, very carefully and with great precision, load up your favorite round and....

Shoot yourself with it.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Originally Posted by gunner500

I look at situations like that and imagine all the BS those good old ladies went through to get us AND your Wife raised up, educated and gone from the house, it's easy to run with it if you'll look at the big picture.

It will be the absolute very least I'll do for mine the last 20 years of their lives on this earth.

But hey, what do I know, I'm a no church going, cursing, judgemental, prejudice, narrow minded, scotch drinking cigar smoking asswhole ;]

[Linked Image]

I don't know about RC's MIL - but that's giving mine way too much credit.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17

In my mother last years we had a talk about how she appreciated how Us kids were taking care of her I said "You changed my diaper for the first 2 years of my life so I'll change your diaper for at least 2 years after that if I get sick of it I'll just put a pillow over your face"

She laughed so hard I thought she would choke to death right there! after she got done coughing she told me I was a horses ass.

Well said.

Before grandpa died, he had a plan hatched with my father.

Plan was to GIVE me his ranch.....as long as he could slide a trailer house up to the back door. He wanted to be able to come into the house and eat his meals, and get his clothes washed.

Figured he and I could watch a little rassling and have a glass of Lord Calvert together. Then he would head to his trailer and sleep.

I would sure as hell have done it.....even with out the ranch. Dad never told me of this plan till after grandpa died.

One thing I have learned is to NEVER turn down a cup of coffee with your folks or grandparents. Even if you are busy as hell.

If'n you cant stand to reload at a different time of day when she is not watching TV, get some ear plugs.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
My MIL has had quite a life. She married an airman who stayed in. Before his 30 was done, he was a Chief Master Sgt and a civil engineer. He was stationed in a lot of places building air fields and the like and he took his wife and the kids with him. My wife has lived in Puerto Rico, Spain, Japan, and many other places. His long time goal was to get stationed in AK and retire there. He did it and spent his last 2 year tour at Elmendorf AFB. However, he'd only been retired for 4 or 5 years before a heart attack got him at 58. MIL stayed on in Anchorage another 25 years before the cold became to much for her and she moved to OR. After 7 or 8 years there, she moved in with us.

This photo is from their time in Spain. My wife is the one on the left at about age 10 along with her 2 sisters. They were going on a picnic and had stopped at a service station on base when an army tracked convoy came by. The convoy stopped and somehow a tank driver backed his tank over their car while they were still in it. What saved them was a large heavy duty Coleman cooler in the back seat that took the tank's weight and kept the roof from collapsing on them. The convoy commander pulled his pistol and was preparing to shoot the driver when my FIL stopped him. Under Spanish military law at the time, the commander had every right to do it.

[Linked Image]
Wow!
Posted By: larrylee Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17

+1 on the Wow !
Posted By: ironbender Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Who don't like the price is right?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rachel Reynolds.

BTW, buy her headphones.
Posted By: JDinCO Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Bob Ross was a Master Sargent in the air force from 1961 to 81. He was the guy who got on everyone's ass. He said when he left the air force he would never again yell at anyone.

Forget the headphones, I want to buy Rachel.
Posted By: deflave Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Now you want her to commit suicide...

LMAO.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
At least she's not watching the Lifetime Channel. You can catch the gay from that.
Posted By: deflave Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
I'm just glad I'm not a good Christian.

I'd hate to be pissed off by a 90 year old woman watching Bob Fugkin' Ross quietly in the corner.

And who in the hell doesn't like The Price is Right? Carnival games, hot chicks, and some Wal-Mart grade people watching. Schit is awesome.

Clark
Posted By: FreeMe Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
My MIL has had quite a life. She married an airman who stayed in. Before his 30 was done, he was a Chief Master Sgt and a civil engineer. He was stationed in a lot of places building air fields and the like and he took his wife and the kids with him. My wife has lived in Puerto Rico, Spain, Japan, and many other places. His long time goal was to get stationed in AK and retire there. He did it and spent his last 2 year tour at Elmendorf AFB. However, he'd only been retired for 4 or 5 years before a heart attack got him at 58. MIL stayed on in Anchorage another 25 years before the cold became to much for her and she moved to OR. After 7 or 8 years there, she moved in with us.

This photo is from their time in Spain. My wife is the one on the left at about age 10 along with her 2 sisters. They were going on a picnic and had stopped at a service station on base when an army tracked convoy came by. The convoy stopped and somehow a tank driver backed his tank over their car while they were still in it. What saved them was a large heavy duty Coleman cooler in the back seat that took the tank's weight and kept the roof from collapsing on them. The convoy commander pulled his pistol and was preparing to shoot the driver when my FIL stopped him. Under Spanish military law at the time, the commander had every right to do it.

[Linked Image]

Now, see? Your MIL has cool stuff to talk about. Get her yakkin' and maybe she'll turn down the sound. (Keep TPIR on - win/win).
Posted By: fish head Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Put the old woman to work prepping brass.

Tell her it's just like knitting ... sort of.

Have her clean primer pockets and chamfer case necks ... twist once, spin twice ... fun, fun, fun. laugh
Posted By: ironbender Re: reloading trials - 09/22/17
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm just glad I'm not a good Christian.

I'd hate to be pissed off by a 90 year old woman watching Bob Fugkin' Ross quietly in the corner.

And who in the hell doesn't like The Price is Right? Carnival games, hot chicks, and some Wal-Mart grade people watching. Schit is awesome.

Clark

Plus......a new caaar!!!
You remember when the new caaaar was "California Equipped"?

I never knew what that meant. Thought maybe they were all painted pink or rainbow or something.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: reloading trials - 09/23/17
Originally Posted by FreeMe

[Linked Image]

I don't know about RC's MIL - but that's giving mine way too much credit.

Well, she did indeed birth a woman that could put up with you FreeMe. grin

You're most likely married to a fine, forgiving, patient and gracious woman like the poor woman that tolerates my existence ;]
Originally Posted by 12344mag

In my mother last years we had a talk about how she appreciated how Us kids were taking care of her I said "You changed my diaper for the first 2 years of my life so I'll change your diaper for at least 2 years after that if I get sick of it I'll just put a pillow over your face"

She laughed so hard I thought she would choke to death right there! after she got done coughing she told me I was a horses ass.

BWAAHAHAHA, funny stuff Mag.
We're all BETTER men being partly raised by good mothers and grannys Big Jim.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: reloading trials - 09/23/17
Think about going portable. Mount your press to a 2x6 and C-clamp it to something sturdy someplace else. Use Lee case trimming pilots and cutter with a cordless drill for trimming if needed. Fix your powder thrower the same as the press.....maybe on the same board. Use a digital scale.

You really do not need a dedicated "reloading bench".
© 24hourcampfire