Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm just glad I'm not a good Christian.

I'd hate to be pissed off by a 90 year old woman watching Bob Fugkin' Ross quietly in the corner.

And who in the hell doesn't like The Price is Right? Carnival games, hot chicks, and some Wal-Mart grade people watching. Schit is awesome.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My MIL has had quite a life. She married an airman who stayed in. Before his 30 was done, he was a Chief Master Sgt and a civil engineer. He was stationed in a lot of places building air fields and the like and he took his wife and the kids with him. My wife has lived in Puerto Rico, Spain, Japan, and many other places. His long time goal was to get stationed in AK and retire there. He did it and spent his last 2 year tour at Elmendorf AFB. However, he'd only been retired for 4 or 5 years before a heart attack got him at 58. MIL stayed on in Anchorage another 25 years before the cold became to much for her and she moved to OR. After 7 or 8 years there, she moved in with us.

This photo is from their time in Spain. My wife is the one on the left at about age 10 along with her 2 sisters. They were going on a picnic and had stopped at a service station on base when an army tracked convoy came by. The convoy stopped and somehow a tank driver backed his tank over their car while they were still in it. What saved them was a large heavy duty Coleman cooler in the back seat that took the tank's weight and kept the roof from collapsing on them. The convoy commander pulled his pistol and was preparing to shoot the driver when my FIL stopped him. Under Spanish military law at the time, the commander had every right to do it.

[Linked Image]

Now, see? Your MIL has cool stuff to talk about. Get her yakkin' and maybe she'll turn down the sound. (Keep TPIR on - win/win).

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put the old woman to work prepping brass.

Tell her it's just like knitting ... sort of.

Have her clean primer pockets and chamfer case necks ... twist once, spin twice ... fun, fun, fun. laugh

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm just glad I'm not a good Christian.

I'd hate to be pissed off by a 90 year old woman watching Bob Fugkin' Ross quietly in the corner.

And who in the hell doesn't like The Price is Right? Carnival games, hot chicks, and some Wal-Mart grade people watching. Schit is awesome.

Clark

Plus......a new caaar!!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You remember when the new caaaar was "California Equipped"?

I never knew what that meant. Thought maybe they were all painted pink or rainbow or something.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A couple years ago it was necessary to move my MIL in with us. She has her own tv that she watches most of the day but unfortunately, the only place we had to put her chair and tv was in the same back bedroom where I have my reloading bench. I absolutely can not reload when The Price is Right is on every day. I don't bother her any but that show drives me nuts. This morning I was loading up some ammo when her 2d favorite show came on - that frizzy haired guy who does the oil painting. He can drive any normal guy crazy with his 'happy little house with the tired shingles under the grouchy old tree'. I'm pretty sure that his audience is 99% female and/or queer.

Anyway, I suffered through it and got some '06 rounds loaded up to shoot this afternoon. Then I have to endure him again. AARGG!

I look at situations like that and imagine all the BS those good old ladies went through to get us AND your Wife raised up, educated and gone from the house, it's easy to run with it if you'll look at the big picture.

It will be the absolute very least I'll do for mine the last 20 years of their lives on this earth.

But hey, what do I know, I'm a no church going, cursing, judgemental, prejudice, narrow minded, scotch drinking cigar smoking asswhole ;]

[Linked Image]

I don't know about RC's MIL - but that's giving mine way too much credit.

Well, she did indeed birth a woman that could put up with you FreeMe. grin

You're most likely married to a fine, forgiving, patient and gracious woman like the poor woman that tolerates my existence ;]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by gunner500

It will be the absolute very least I'll do for mine the last 20 years of their lives on this earth.

In my mother last years we had a talk about how she appreciated how Us kids were taking care of her I said "You changed my diaper for the first 2 years of my life so I'll change your diaper for at least 2 years after that if I get sick of it I'll just put a pillow over your face"

She laughed so hard I thought she would choke to death right there! after she got done coughing she told me I was a horses ass.

BWAAHAHAHA, funny stuff Mag.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
We're all BETTER men being partly raised by good mothers and grannys Big Jim.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Think about going portable. Mount your press to a 2x6 and C-clamp it to something sturdy someplace else. Use Lee case trimming pilots and cutter with a cordless drill for trimming if needed. Fix your powder thrower the same as the press.....maybe on the same board. Use a digital scale.

You really do not need a dedicated "reloading bench".

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1936M71, 12savage, 1lessdog, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,956
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.