Home

the term transracial started to become more widely known after the much-publicized story of Rachel Dolezal. Dolezal, born white, identified as black and portrayed herself as such. She was even the president of the Spokane, Wash., chapter of the NAACP.

Now, Facebook groups dubbed transracial are popping up with dozens of members.

No doubt their motto is "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"

Tampa-based psychologist Stacey Schreckner said she had not encountered a client wanting to change their race. She has, however, worked with clients who otherwise desired different physical features.

“If someone feels that they feel at home with a certain religion, a certain race, a certain culture, I think that, if that’s who they really feel inside, life is about finding out who you are," she said. "The more knowledge you have of yourself, the happier you can be"

She continued: “And, as long as it’s not hurting yourself or anyone else, I don’t see a problem with that.”

'Transracial' man, born white, says he feels Filipino

USA Today NetworkGarin Flowers, WTSP-TV, Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla.
Published 11:33 a.m. ET Nov. 13, 2017 | Updated 2:30 p.m. ET Nov. 13, 2017

TAMPA, Fla. — Ja Du, born a white male named Adam, now considers himself a Filipino.

He even drives what he calls a Tuk Tuk, an Asian-derived vehicle used for public transit in the Philippines.

Ja Du is part of a small but growing number of people who call themselves transracial. The term once referred only to someone (or a couple) of a one race adopting a child of another, but now it’s becoming associated with someone born of one race who identifies with another.

Ja Du says he grew up enjoying Filipino food, events and the overall culture.

“Whenever I’m around the music, around the food, I feel like I’m in my own skin,” he said.

“I’d watch the History Channel, sometimes for hours ... nothing else intrigued me more but things about Filipino culture.”

the term transracial started to become more widely known after the much-publicized story of Rachel Dolezal. Dolezal, born white, identified as black and portrayed herself as such. She was even the president of the Spokane, Wash., chapter of the NAACP.

Now, Facebook groups dubbed transracial are popping up with dozens of members.

A psychologist weighs in

Tampa-based psychologist Stacey Schreckner said she had not encountered a client wanting to change their race. She has, however, worked with clients who otherwise desired different physical features.

“If someone feels that they feel at home with a certain religion, a certain race, a certain culture, I think that, if that’s who they really feel inside, life is about finding out who you are," she said. "The more knowledge you have of yourself, the happier you can be"

She continued: “And, as long as it’s not hurting yourself or anyone else, I don’t see a problem with that.”

Ja Du hasn’t told his family yet because he believes they will laugh at the notion of changing your ethnicity. And while Dolezal received much criticism, Scheckner believes everyone should be more understanding.

“If that’s who they are and they want to celebrate it and enjoy it, then you have to think: What harm is it doing? All they want to do is throw themselves into that culture and celebrate it," she said.

“I think before we get offended, we need to take a step back and think about what is the harm.”

But, with someone making such drastic changes, Scheckner does think they should speak to a professional.

“I work with a lot, in my 15 years, a lot of transgender people" she said. "Before the doctors that I send them to do any type of physical changes to their body, they go through a long process with me and actually most the people, they are not upset about it because they want to make sure that they’re doing the right thing.”

That brings up another major change with Ja Du. He is also transsexual and is considering changing his gender as well. He has spoken to his mom and family about that.

Ja Du knows some may question intentions or accuse him of cultural appropriation. This can be a problem, he said, but says he’s not trying to take advantage of anything.

"I don’t want that," he said. "I think that we all have the freedoms to pursue happiness in our own ways."

From USA TODAY
Well, I'm an Indian outlaw, half Cherokee and Choctaw. My baby she's a Chippewa, she's one of a kind. All my friends call me Bear Claw, the Village Cheaftin' is my paw-paw. He gets his orders from my maw-maw, she makes him walk the line.
I think he should move to the Philippines, see just how warm and caring poor and starving people are.
Well, I feel Martian. Or perhaps Andorian. I think they will do a story about me, won't they?
Back in the day, we called them wiggers.
"He gets his orders from my maw-maw"

Hey Dave, aint they from Kenya??
ah, identity politics is raising it's head all over the place.

once knew a guy that married a young indonesian. that's close, ain't it?
it's a liberal thing. When reality does not meet their agenda or world view, they just create a new reality out of whole cloth. Evidently it's real to them.
That psyc should have brought in somebody fluent in Filipino language to speak to him. Then told him once you can write speak and read Filipino come back and let’s talk about this. At that point you will have some skin in the game.

What’s next trans doctors? Trans pilots? Trans cops? Trans teachers ( that we already have I’m afraid)
The tree of liberty is in need of fertilizer. I can help.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

What was the name of that movie, Soylent Green or something like that?
Does he eat baloot??? You can't be be a Flipp if you don't love baloot....

I don't know what you lot are up in arms about as this is nothing new, every no-hope lunatic from every third world [bleep] has in the past twenty years or so decided that they 'feel' American and your Government has been welcoming them home with open arms.

And thank you for that, it seems to have caught on here as well.

Really...thanks. frown
Originally Posted by 340boy

In Water World, they were composting the deceased to grow veggies.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

I took a little "liberty" with the quote, but suggest that idiot blood works as well.
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Well, I'm an Indian outlaw, half Cherokee and Choctaw. My baby she's a Chippewa, she's one of a kind. All my friends call me Bear Claw, the Village Cheaftin' is my paw-paw. He gets his orders from my maw-maw, she makes him walk the line.

Winner winner chickenbuck dinner....😂
I feel like im an American Indian. Can i hunt those tribal lands in Co now?
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Probably better off going for one legged coloured mentally deficient lesbian mother of three.

More benefits.

And it would put you squarely in the middle of democrat territory so you could also claim victimhood and moral superiority.
Hey, man, I get it. About once a week we feel like Mexican. So we go to Chipotle.
I encourage this because nothing will [bleep] up affirmative action more than "transracial" white people claiming to be black to get into Harvard and get jobs at the post office.
I think I'm turning Japanese. I really think so...

Seriously, this is a good thing. If eveyone"feels" like a hyphenated minority demographic, we can really help ourselves with the census...
True. I'm Air-Cavican, a subset of Greenus Machinus.
I'm thinking I'm one of those Balrogs from the Lord of the Rings, except I kick Gandalf's azz. 😄😄
We just need to put all these idiots on an island, forget them and leave them there. Start with the demoncraps. Get rid of them and just see how quickly normal becomes normal again. It's the only solution.
Originally Posted by RickyD
We just need to put all these idiots on an island, forget them and leave them there. Start with the demoncraps. Get rid of them and just see how quickly normal becomes normal again. It's the only solution.

I like it. And, instead of a 'leper colony" we can call it a "lobotomy colony" or perhaps " Lobotomy Island."
grin
Originally Posted by KFWA
I encourage this because nothing will [bleep] up affirmative action more than "transracial" white people claiming to be black to get into Harvard and get jobs at the post office.

An intriguing idea.

It may have been tried already, or at least an earlier version of it.

Paul
There's some Filipino guys in my club. Retired Navy. They're in their 60's plus, have had various surgeries - heart bypass, knees, hips, etc., and can still climb 40 feet up a tree and build a stand out of an 8" piece of 2X4, some PVC pipe and paracord.
I woke up this morning feeling like Lamont Sanford. And,...I'm not positive, but during my morning "take a leak",..I could have sworn that my dick has grown about 5/8ths of an inch. (doubled in size, in otherwords)

I think I might be a fuggin' Rhodes Scholar.

Ain't life grand in the modern age?!

340, that's not what he's talking about!

http://www.azquotes.com/image-quote...t-be-refreshed-from-time-to-14-56-49.jpg
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

340, that's not what he's talking about!

http://www.azquotes.com/image-quote...t-be-refreshed-from-time-to-14-56-49.jpg

I know perfectly well where the quote comes from-though I can see where I wasn't clear in my post above. I was referring to the 'in need of fertilizer '" part of his statement...
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Probably better off going for one legged coloured mentally deficient lesbian mother of three.

More benefits.

And it would put you squarely in the middle of democrat territory so you could also claim victimhood and moral superiority.

Ha. I can see youre a pro at this liberal chitt, JS. You should relocate to Amerika, home of the knave and land of the free- stuff.
Judging from what I see at Wal-Mart, a lot of people also identify as someone four sizes smaller than themselves, a person that looks good in them shorty shorts and spandexes......
This is absolute genius and right out of the Rules for Radicals playbook. No, I never served in the military but I identify as a veteran and should be entitled to veteran's preference. I identify as Native American and should be given tribal preference. I am Anglo but identify as a minority and should have minority business preference.

There is no end to the things you can identify as and get government preference for so doing. Use their own agenda against them! MAGA!
i felt filipino one time. actually many, many times. felt good. real good.
I was married when I spent time in the PI, but most of my junior Marines became buy-sexual.......grin
I was born white

But, when I see what happens to my tax $$$

I feel like I must be someone's n---er.
Is "American" a trans-racial concept anyway?
I was born poor, but I now feel transfinancial and that my last name is Gates.
The things people come up with to get attention......
I'm feeling transmechanical and think I'm a Harley.

Any women out there want a ride?
They used to put people like that in the looney bin. It's living in an alternate version of reality how is that not just bat chit crazy???
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's a liberal thing. When reality does not meet their agenda or world view, they just create a new reality out of whole cloth. Eventually, it's real to them.

And it never changes after that. Might as well be written in stone at that point.
I don't encourage all of my kids to be trans-racial. Two of them might make a living 'merit based'. The oldest boy, unfortunately, will need some help. He either needs to start packing on some pounds for the NFL (about as secure as social security), start working on his grades; or simply take the 'other' on his apps...1/4 Phillapino counts, right?

Neat thing about Philippine's is they spoil the myth about Asian folks being good at math. My boy's mom proved that's not true. 2/3 of my boys have proved it as well. Wife's mom proves it as well...and every other I have met.
© 24hourcampfire