Home
Last night our church elders voted to separate our scout troop from the BSA on moral grounds. They decided, and I agree, that Christianity can't be linked with a group that favors homosexuality. We'll be joining one of several available youth organizations similar to the scouts but a lot of research first has to be done to know which one best meets our needs.

It's sad that the scouts have come to this. They've been a great youth organization for decades and many thousands of solid citizens have come from their ranks. For years the Mormon church has been the biggest church to support the scouts and I understand that they're pulling out. This is happening in churches all across the country. We're minute by comparison but our kids can't be taught that gross immorality is ok. A small handful of BSA leaders is successfully destroying one of the best youth organizations of all time.
It sucks, but the BSA is simply a manifestation of a systemic problem across the country and the globe.

Dave
Sadder still is there are many churches that won't decide they can no longer be affiliated with the BSA.
I am involved in two scout troops, I don't like nor agree on the direction the BSA is going and intend to stay to help my scouts and grandkids achieve the rank of "Eagle Scout". For any young man achieving the Eagle
Rank is priceless in a college application or employment application.
I am involved in two scout troops, I don't like nor agree on the direction the BSA is going and intend to stay to help my scouts and grandkids achieve the rank of "Eagle Scout". For any young man achieving the Eagle
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
...I don't like nor agree on the direction the BSA is going and intend to stay...
?????

Man of principle I see.

I was a scout leader for all of the years my now 33 yr. old son was in both Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. No way I would be involved now.

I agree that an Eagle rank meant something in years past. Now, not so much.

Happened here too
I was a Boy Scout myself, to the age of 18. Explores after that for a time. Damn shame what they are doing to it now. We did not encourage my son to attend.
I just heard about a group called Trail Life USA. It's a Christian based organization that's nearly identical to the BSA, to the point that their literature could almost be called plagiarized. They have all the same merit badges, etc. and for boys who are transferring in from scouts, they will honor all scout awards and accomplishments. The Boy Scout manual can be used with them if you want to. Our church is taking a hard look at them.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I just heard about a group called Trail Life USA. It's a Christian based organization that's nearly identical to the BSA, to the point that their literature could almost be called plagiarized. They have all the same merit badges, etc. and for boys who are transferring in from scouts, they will honor all scout awards and accomplishments. The Boy Scout manual can be used with them if you want to. Our church is taking a hard look at them.

.....and the courts will get involved, sooner or later, and thier ranks will be torn asunder, as girls and gays are forced in, to make it "fair." Fair has no place in Nature, so why does it play any role for man?
I remember the Old Days, when religion wasn't really any part of the BSA. Once God got hop of it, it became just another agendized organization out to warp minds.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I remember the Old Days, when religion wasn't really any part of the BSA. Once God got hop of it, it became just another agendized organization out to warp minds.

Apparently English wasn't any part of BSA either when you 'attended'
The Boy Scouts have been infiltrated by vile disgusting human beings, they want your kids to be just like them. The BS are imploding and will not be around much longer.
Last night our church elders voted to separate our scout troop from the BSA on moral grounds. They decided, and I agree, that Christianity can't be linked with a group that favors homosexuality. We'll be joining one of several available youth organizations similar to the scouts but a lot of research first has to be done to know which one best meets our needs.

It's sad that the scouts have come to this. They've been a great youth organization for decades and many thousands of solid citizens have come from their ranks. For years the Mormon church has been the biggest church to support the scouts and I understand that they're pulling out. This is happening in churches all across the country. We're minute by comparison but our kids can't be taught that gross immorality is ok. A small handful of BSA leaders is successfully destroying one of the best youth organizations of all time.

The hard part is that the church will be seen as haters for this. I would leave a church that supported the direction the Boys Scouts are going.
Trail Life is a fast-growing organization.
"Fairness" was invented so children and idiots could participate in debates.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I think it's going to grow a lot faster in the near future as churches bow out of the BSA.
I like the altenatives, but lesbians make better boy scouts than many of these soybean estrogen fed males.
Trail Life USA and American Heritage Girls
Rock Chuck: That is sad!
I enjoyed my time in both the Boy Scouts and the Cub Scouts.
There is not much good news in our country of late on the societal level!
Probably will not turn around any time soon.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Isn't Rex Tillerson the AH that's responsible for the BSA accepting queers??

If so....he needs my #12 combat boot up his fat azz!!

Check out scout law number 12, ya dufus.

Any idea how long the God and Country award has been part of the BSA? Maroon.

I have been told by several recent Eagles that they felt that it didn't give them any advantage for college or employment applications.

That said, I know of one Eagle who enlisted in the Army during his senior year in high school and was sent straight to NCOCS straight out of AIT. I don't know whether his success was based on having earned his Eagle or if it was because he read through the warrior skills manuals before he started basic training.
Spent lots of time and money assisting our local troop and young son eventually achieved top honors. The one aspect I did not care for was that it was a church affiliated troop. Even so, getting support and help from church members was like pulling teeth. There would be times, however, when the leadership would split the troop into groups of members and non-members for portions of a program or event. Did not care for that, as it was an obvious divide with some suggestions of social superiority.

Is that so?? Apparently you never learned the Boy Scout oath...something he learns from day one in the scouts.

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my Country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/boy-scouts/scout-oath.asp
It's a sad thing what is happening to the boy scouts but be glad your church isn't one who is willing to over looks their agenda. I hope your church gets a good program started.
Sad when perversion takes precedence over morality.
It ain’t about perversion, morality or oaths.

It’s about money.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

It’s about money.

I thought that BSA embraced homosexuality to avoid being sued for discrimination.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

It’s about money.

I thought that BSA embraced homosexuality to avoid being sued for discrimination.

And to avoid losing millions of dollars of corporate donations.
Morality can't be dictated with a checkbook.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

It’s about money.

And to avoid losing millions of dollars of corporate donations.

The perversity of money. Thus teaching scouts the all important lesson that what you stand for only matters if it doesn't cost you to hold onto your principals.

Apparently it can. Levis Strauss led the way in this years ago. They openly threatened to with hold donations if the Boy Scouts did not openly embrase sodomites. They resisted for years.

I believe one is accountable for what they do with their money. When Levis Strauss with held money form the Boy Scouts, I with held money from Levis Strauss.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Apparently it can. Levis Strauss led the way in this years ago. They openly threatened to with hold donations if the Boy Scouts did not openly embrase sodomites. They resisted for years.

I believe one is accountable for what they do with their money. When Levis Strauss with held money form the Boy Scouts, I with held money from Levis Strauss.
No, it can't. There's no morality there, money or not. The scouts have taken the money but at a tremendous cost.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Looks to be a good one, one of my grandsons is in a troop.

No, it can't. There's no morality there, money or not. The scouts have taken the money but at a tremendous cost.

So they sold their morality...right? Know anyone who visits Disney theme parks...I'm not talking about just on "gay pride" days.
I didn’t mind the religious aspect of scouting when I was a kid, as it was always in the background. Not a big fan of the recent changes though.

I’d like to find a scouting type group that focused on being a solid man and boon to their community first, and left religion and weird sexual schit the fugg out of it.
Can't buy or legislate morality.
It still belongs to the sponsoring organization....they can accept or refuse some of these dictates...

BSA National leaves the option up to the Sponsor...

However since the Mormons are 70% of BSA nowadays...
even tho I am a leader in a Scout troop, I fear their days are numbered

and recruiting is getting harder...

and some troops are really compromising themselves..

we are sponsored by a Catholic Church, and so far, so good...
they picked us up after the Knights of Columbus dropped us after 40 years
of sponsorship...

one certainly has to deal with a lot of garbage leaders didn't have to deal with
when I was involved in my youth in the 60s... from 1962 to 1970...
That is sad. Makes me sick. I was in the Boy Scouts for 4 years and Explorers for 2 years, really meant a lot to me.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

All legislation is based in morality. The question is whose? What is moral to some (say redistribution of wealth), may be immoral to others. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 for example, was legislation completly rooted in moral argument.

The lack of Religion brings about the weird and crazy sexual crap in every thing!

They[BSA] kept you out back in the day, ehh?

All legislation is based in morality. The question is whose? What is moral to some (say redistribution of wealth), may be immoral to others. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 for example, was legislation completly rooted in moral argument.

There is absolutely no link between legislation and morality.

Adolf Hitler acted under the laws the Nazi party passed. To say there was a moral argument for the Nazis actions defies reason.
Rock Chuck, This is all by design. The far, progressive can’t have any young “men”, raised as men with morals! memtb

What an absolutely ridiculous statement from complete ignorance.

You are sending a really bad message to your grandkids. On the broad scheme of things, it's not even close to worth it. I'd encourage you to unemotionalize your own BSA experience and reevaluate...

From a practical standpoint, coming from a guy with multiple degrees who owns and started his own company, a paper resume means absolutely zilch zero nada in today's world from the folks who you'd want to employ your family.
Not much love for faqs here I see.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

There is absolutely no link between legislation and morality.

Adolf Hitler acted under the laws the Nazi party passed. To say there was a moral argument for the Nazis actions defies reason.

Let's jump straight to Adolf Hitler...right. I said legislation is based in morality. The question is whose [morality]. It is obvious that the Nazis's moral compass had no issues with their laws. Do you disagree?

Here's one for you. There is a constitutional right allowing a woman to have an abortion. Moral or immoral?
© 24hourcampfire