Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Last night our church elders voted to separate our scout troop from the BSA on moral grounds. They decided, and I agree, that Christianity can't be linked with a group that favors homosexuality. We'll be joining one of several available youth organizations similar to the scouts but a lot of research first has to be done to know which one best meets our needs.

It's sad that the scouts have come to this. They've been a great youth organization for decades and many thousands of solid citizens have come from their ranks. For years the Mormon church has been the biggest church to support the scouts and I understand that they're pulling out. This is happening in churches all across the country. We're minute by comparison but our kids can't be taught that gross immorality is ok. A small handful of BSA leaders is successfully destroying one of the best youth organizations of all time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It sucks, but the BSA is simply a manifestation of a systemic problem across the country and the globe.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sadder still is there are many churches that won't decide they can no longer be affiliated with the BSA.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am involved in two scout troops, I don't like nor agree on the direction the BSA is going and intend to stay to help my scouts and grandkids achieve the rank of "Eagle Scout". For any young man achieving the Eagle
Rank is priceless in a college application or employment application.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am involved in two scout troops, I don't like nor agree on the direction the BSA is going and intend to stay to help my scouts and grandkids achieve the rank of "Eagle Scout". For any young man achieving the Eagle
Rank is priceless in a college application or employment application.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
...I don't like nor agree on the direction the BSA is going and intend to stay...
?????

Man of principle I see.

I was a scout leader for all of the years my now 33 yr. old son was in both Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. No way I would be involved now.

I agree that an Eagle rank meant something in years past. Now, not so much.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Happened here too

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a Boy Scout myself, to the age of 18. Explores after that for a time. Damn shame what they are doing to it now. We did not encourage my son to attend.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I just heard about a group called Trail Life USA. It's a Christian based organization that's nearly identical to the BSA, to the point that their literature could almost be called plagiarized. They have all the same merit badges, etc. and for boys who are transferring in from scouts, they will honor all scout awards and accomplishments. The Boy Scout manual can be used with them if you want to. Our church is taking a hard look at them.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I just heard about a group called Trail Life USA. It's a Christian based organization that's nearly identical to the BSA, to the point that their literature could almost be called plagiarized. They have all the same merit badges, etc. and for boys who are transferring in from scouts, they will honor all scout awards and accomplishments. The Boy Scout manual can be used with them if you want to. Our church is taking a hard look at them.

.....and the courts will get involved, sooner or later, and thier ranks will be torn asunder, as girls and gays are forced in, to make it "fair." Fair has no place in Nature, so why does it play any role for man?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I remember the Old Days, when religion wasn't really any part of the BSA. Once God got hop of it, it became just another agendized organization out to warp minds.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I remember the Old Days, when religion wasn't really any part of the BSA. Once God got hop of it, it became just another agendized organization out to warp minds.

Apparently English wasn't any part of BSA either when you 'attended'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Boy Scouts have been infiltrated by vile disgusting human beings, they want your kids to be just like them. The BS are imploding and will not be around much longer.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Last night our church elders voted to separate our scout troop from the BSA on moral grounds. They decided, and I agree, that Christianity can't be linked with a group that favors homosexuality. We'll be joining one of several available youth organizations similar to the scouts but a lot of research first has to be done to know which one best meets our needs.

It's sad that the scouts have come to this. They've been a great youth organization for decades and many thousands of solid citizens have come from their ranks. For years the Mormon church has been the biggest church to support the scouts and I understand that they're pulling out. This is happening in churches all across the country. We're minute by comparison but our kids can't be taught that gross immorality is ok. A small handful of BSA leaders is successfully destroying one of the best youth organizations of all time.

The hard part is that the church will be seen as haters for this. I would leave a church that supported the direction the Boys Scouts are going.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trail Life is a fast-growing organization.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
"Fairness" was invented so children and idiots could participate in debates.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Trail Life is a fast-growing organization.
I think it's going to grow a lot faster in the near future as churches bow out of the BSA.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the altenatives, but lesbians make better boy scouts than many of these soybean estrogen fed males.

E
E77 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Trail Life USA and American Heritage Girls

Last edited by EKI77; 11/29/17.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: That is sad!
I enjoyed my time in both the Boy Scouts and the Cub Scouts.
There is not much good news in our country of late on the societal level!
Probably will not turn around any time soon.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 54 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,347
Posts18,506,203
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.