Home
Looks like he’s done and possibly on his way to the federal bench. http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/371629-trey-gowdy-announces-retirement-from-congress
Personally I think he’s going to collect his payoff for being such a good circus ringmaster but pulling his punches with Hillary.
Federal Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals would be a great staging position for later Supreme Court appointment.

Personally, knowing what judges do, I would not find either at all rewarding, but some folks clearly do. My old colleague Clarence does, and he moved from the DC Circuit to his present position.

Norm
It’s like rats exiting a ship with these REPUG Congressmen.
He could be tired of the swamp. He would make a good judge. Maybe a senator, later maybe a president.
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
He could be tired of the swamp. He would make a good judge. Maybe a senator, later maybe a president.

I grew tired of his all hat and no cattle act some time back. I think he needs to be flushed along with the rest of the swamp to never be heard from again.
Hmm, maybe the AG position might open up soon. Is Sessions time up?
I think he did an excellent job with what he had to work with. He certainly took many to task in his committee hearings and made them out for what they were. That he's leaving now is not hard to understand. One person among another 550-ish can't be expected to do much more than Congressman Gowdy did. Odd how some can't get a hold of that. I'm sure we will wish he was back when he's gone. I believe I will.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

I grew tired of his all hat and no cattle act some time back. I think he needs to be flushed along with the rest of the swamp to never be heard from again.

The fact he is only ONE for four hundred and thirty five members of Congress escapes you? He's one of the very best in the Congress and my guest is he's tired of the BS and off to the Fed Bench where he can, as a single individual, do a lot more good.

Those who have flipped to t b e rino side probably not be good justices. I doubt he would be any better than Sessions since both have confidence in Mueller running and illegal investigation born of no criminal action.

So, is the new method of destroying people going to be unrestricted investigations precipitated by false accusations? Will false accusations to law enforcement officials become essentially legal?
So... Gowdy retires from Congress, gets out of the spotlight for a bit, and is waiting in the wings when Sessions is gone?

Ed
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Those who have flipped to t b e rino side probably not be good justices. I doubt he would be any better than Sessions since both have confidence in Mueller running and illegal investigation born of no criminal action.

So, is the new method of destroying people going to be unrestricted investigations precipitated by false accusations? Will false accusations to law enforcement officials become essentially legal?

Trouble reading between the lines? Don't fool yourself. Gowdy knows who and what Mueller is and also the value of a disingenuous answer to a loaded question from a disingenuous person.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

The fact he is only ONE for four hundred and thirty five members of Congress escapes you? He's one of the very best in the Congress and my guest is he's tired of the BS and off to the Fed Bench where he can, as a single individual, do a lot more good.

That would be my take too.
I suspect Gowdy will show up on Fox news and start making big money?

Hard to get rich in politics if you aren't corrupt.
Based on his Twitter statement it looks like Gowdy's plans are to return to the justice system and get back inside a courtroom.

https://twitter.com/TGowdySC/status/958750202206318592
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by jorgeI

That would be my take too.

Some seem to think that congress has arresting powers like a D.A., where actually they can basically only 'have' someone held or arrested for perjury while under oath,correct?
Or he is positioning himself for a special counsel position so he can continue his act of making big noises while actually protecting the swamp.
Originally Posted by irfubar
I suspect Gowdy will show up on Fox news and start making big money?

Hard to get rich in politics if you aren't corrupt.

Not very easy on Fox either unless you're a hot babe.
Gowdy is a good man. He held the Dems accountable and oftenthe lone voice opposing their schtick.

Anybody object to Gowdy replacing Ginsberg? Kennedy??
Mr.Gowdy would make a GREAT A.G. Even better on the Supreme Court!
He could point his finger at the wrong doing, but he couldn’t prosecute alone. He needed support from other members of the House. and the DOJ! memtb
A shame, but if he goes to a judgeship, appeals, or winds up in DOJ soon enough, that will be better. Gotta remember, Congress is limited by its stupidest members and sometimes you just get tired of working with morons.
He would make a great AG, or even Director of the FBI.
We in SC are heartbroken, but feel that he will be called back for something bigger down the road. SCOTUS !!!!
Gowdy leaving the House worries me. I fear the House is ripe for the taking in the mid terms. If that happens, we’ll need Gowdy on an apellate bench or higher.
Personally I think he’s going to collect his payoff for being such a good circus ringmaster but pulling his punches with Hillary.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, seeins' how I couldn't possibly know what goes on behind the curtain.
Maybe someone whispered in his ear about Ruth Ginsburg's health?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Gowdy Takes Ginsburg's Seat

Pelosi's head would explode
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Gowdy Takes Ginsburg's Seat

Pelosi's head would explode

laugh

Hurry Up, Ruth!
Originally Posted by hatari
Gowdy is a good man. He held the Dems accountable and oftenthe lone voice opposing their schtick.

Anybody object to Gowdy replacing Ginsberg? Kennedy??

I wouldn't object to a fresh cow pie replacing Ruth "Shovel Ready" Ginsberg.
Originally Posted by Mac84
Gowdy leaving the House worries me. I fear the House is ripe for the taking in the mid terms. If that happens, we’ll need Gowdy on an apellate bench or higher.

Yep.....I predict 5 million voters minimum will turn out for the next election.
© 24hourcampfire