Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Looks like he’s done and possibly on his way to the federal bench. http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/371629-trey-gowdy-announces-retirement-from-congress

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
GB4

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Personally I think he’s going to collect his payoff for being such a good circus ringmaster but pulling his punches with Hillary.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Federal Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals would be a great staging position for later Supreme Court appointment.

Personally, knowing what judges do, I would not find either at all rewarding, but some folks clearly do. My old colleague Clarence does, and he moved from the DC Circuit to his present position.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s like rats exiting a ship with these REPUG Congressmen.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He could be tired of the swamp. He would make a good judge. Maybe a senator, later maybe a president.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
He could be tired of the swamp. He would make a good judge. Maybe a senator, later maybe a president.

I grew tired of his all hat and no cattle act some time back. I think he needs to be flushed along with the rest of the swamp to never be heard from again.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Hmm, maybe the AG position might open up soon. Is Sessions time up?

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I think he did an excellent job with what he had to work with. He certainly took many to task in his committee hearings and made them out for what they were. That he's leaving now is not hard to understand. One person among another 550-ish can't be expected to do much more than Congressman Gowdy did. Odd how some can't get a hold of that. I'm sure we will wish he was back when he's gone. I believe I will.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

I grew tired of his all hat and no cattle act some time back. I think he needs to be flushed along with the rest of the swamp to never be heard from again.

The fact he is only ONE for four hundred and thirty five members of Congress escapes you? He's one of the very best in the Congress and my guest is he's tired of the BS and off to the Fed Bench where he can, as a single individual, do a lot more good.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Those who have flipped to t b e rino side probably not be good justices. I doubt he would be any better than Sessions since both have confidence in Mueller running and illegal investigation born of no criminal action.

So, is the new method of destroying people going to be unrestricted investigations precipitated by false accusations? Will false accusations to law enforcement officials become essentially legal?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So... Gowdy retires from Congress, gets out of the spotlight for a bit, and is waiting in the wings when Sessions is gone?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Those who have flipped to t b e rino side probably not be good justices. I doubt he would be any better than Sessions since both have confidence in Mueller running and illegal investigation born of no criminal action.

So, is the new method of destroying people going to be unrestricted investigations precipitated by false accusations? Will false accusations to law enforcement officials become essentially legal?

Trouble reading between the lines? Don't fool yourself. Gowdy knows who and what Mueller is and also the value of a disingenuous answer to a loaded question from a disingenuous person.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

The fact he is only ONE for four hundred and thirty five members of Congress escapes you? He's one of the very best in the Congress and my guest is he's tired of the BS and off to the Fed Bench where he can, as a single individual, do a lot more good.

That would be my take too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect Gowdy will show up on Fox news and start making big money?

Hard to get rich in politics if you aren't corrupt.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Based on his Twitter statement it looks like Gowdy's plans are to return to the justice system and get back inside a courtroom.

https://twitter.com/TGowdySC/status/958750202206318592

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by jorgeI

That would be my take too.

Some seem to think that congress has arresting powers like a D.A., where actually they can basically only 'have' someone held or arrested for perjury while under oath,correct?

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Or he is positioning himself for a special counsel position so he can continue his act of making big noises while actually protecting the swamp.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
I suspect Gowdy will show up on Fox news and start making big money?

Hard to get rich in politics if you aren't corrupt.

Not very easy on Fox either unless you're a hot babe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gowdy is a good man. He held the Dems accountable and oftenthe lone voice opposing their schtick.

Anybody object to Gowdy replacing Ginsberg? Kennedy??

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Mr.Gowdy would make a GREAT A.G. Even better on the Supreme Court!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,928
Posts18,479,870
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.