Home
Posted By: ltppowell Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Not love bites. REAL bites?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Dogs. Mostly my own, but a few times by others.

Cats. Until I quit tolerating cats.

Fish. More than a few.

Birds. A couple times.

A live bait squid. Dammit!

Coyote.

Coon.

I'm sure I'll remember more.

PS~ I knew I would... A Horse! Dammit again!

Had a great uncle that was saddling a horse one day, and that horse reached around and bit his left nipple off.

My cousin saw it. Said the old man never said a word. He just went around and got his 30-30 out of the scabbard and shot that horse between the eyes. He never owned another... grin
Posted By: rem141r Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
black snake. hurt like hell and them fuggers don't have teefus.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
My worst was a horse. Grabbed me by the shoulder and darn near lifted me off the ground. I sure wouldn't want to tangle with a pit bull, though.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
At least by two horses.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
One dog after I told the dude to put it up, went back on a thunderstorm night and shot the sombitch through the fence.
Posted By: hanco Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Copperhead
Dog
Posted By: ringworm Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
I took 117 stitches from a Doberman...that count?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Sure.

Ya ever bite any of ‘em back?
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
The worst bite was a horse I used to ride a lot. I was feeding him apples or carrots or something like I often did and the SOB bit me on my stomach. It didn’t break the skin surprisingly but did leave a big bruise and hurt like hell for a half a day but I got back in the saddle and we forgave each other even though I’m still not sure what transgression caused him to bite me. I guess even horses have bad days once in awhile. 😉
Posted By: jnyork Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
When I was a Realtor I went out to get a listing on a country place, very redneck, old trailer and lots of junk on a half-acre. Lady there had a pet coyote, when I got out of the car that SOB came running out from under the porch and latched onto the toe of one of my good wingtip shoes. Ripped the shoe up pretty good , couldnt get him off, lady came out finally and smacked him a couple of good ones with a big stick. He let go and I left.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sure.

My daughter. When she bit the hell out of me when she was a 2 year old.

She didn't bite anyone after that. laugh
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
I used to stop and pet a horse in a corral on a parcel I had permission to hunt. Always brought the old mare some grass and a sugar cube. She'd see me coming and trot right over for her handouts. I'm standing there betting her one day and the old nag bit me! I swatted her as hard as I could on the side of her noggin, and she looked at me like she'd been hit by ligthning. We never traded pleasantries again.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
German Shepard and a horse.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Originally Posted by gunner500
One dog after I told the dude to put it up, went back on a thunderstorm night and shot the sombitch through the fence.

Haha. Good job.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
I've been dog bit twice, once when I was a kid, and again when I was a mail carrier. Both dogs were little ole ankle biters, the worst kind. never been bit by a horse, but have been told they bite worse than anything on the planet. I made the mistake of turning a new pony into the lot with my horses, and one of them bit her so bad that we had to treat the bites.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Alligator lizard
A number of different snakes
A painted turtle
A skunk (in a trap)
A great blue heron
Several dogs
A king crab (yup, slowest moving critter this side of a sloth)
Don't think I have ever caught a silver salmon that didn't bite me... lots of other fish have...

A brother was holding a wing-shot crow when it reached up and latched onto his septum and refused to let go.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Sure.

Ha. Good job.

I was listening to a preacher on the radio before church this AM. Said his little sister was the world record people biter as a 2-4 yrear old. She bit all the relatives, baby sitters, other kids and nursery people.

I thought yeah, she learned people jumped when she bit them and had her fun. I woulda swatted her ass without thinking had she bit me and probably gone to jail, but I woulda been the last sucker she bit.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
When I was a kid I worked at a race track as a groom. Got bit by horses 3 or 4 times. They'd wait till you walk by and bite you on the shoulder.

Later on I was breaking up a dog fight. A friends german shepherd was fighting another dog. I reached in and grabbed the dog, and he was surprised and turned real quick and bit my arm. only 3 stitches to close it up.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
I was attacked by a pack of dogs when I was about five. Many superficial bites but nothing serious. I still love dogs.

Bitten by a baby copperhead in the Boy Scouts, made me a little bit sick.

I was trying to move a Florida Indigo snake to safety at a group picnic when the ungrateful booger bit the heck out of me.

Many fish bites.

Do mosquitoes count? Because in Florida, I've been covered with them as if I were wearing gray fur. Not pleasant.

Oh, and fire ants. Also not pleasant.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18

Got the hell bit outta me by a couple twins ......That just about ended the audition.
Posted By: Okanagan Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
1. Raccoon bit through my hand and I still have the scar.

2. Pekinese dog on my lap jumped up and bit my cheek, very deep and it bled a lot.

3. Bull snake struck and bit my boot.

4. Coyote bit my rifle barrel but didn't get me. laugh
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
my pit bull Petey, Shetland pony several non venomous snakes and the worst one by a guy i got in a fight with when i was about 22, that one got infected.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Haha. Good job.

Bud had some rental property he and I had a skinning shed on, I ask the gangbanger wanna be to put that damn crossbred pit up while i skinned my deer, 'oh he wont bite' BS I said, you need to put him up, well, he didn't, and the dog died.

In the ear with a suppressed 22LR.
Posted By: montanabadger Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
My exwife bit me when she was giving birth. Might be considered a love bite, but I don't think she was having loving thoughts at the time.
I love a good ending, Gunner.
Posted By: aalf Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18

Muskrat......
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Yes
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
A few dogs, probably a turtle or three, crayfish, two cats, a chipmunk, tablesaw, couple of girlfriends........

Probably the most painful was a blue crab, this 10 year old boy rode in his parents car all the way to the Florida keys. I was standing on the dock with my dad and his friend when I saw this crab come out from under the dock, being it was only about a foot deep I did what any good 10 year old Yankee boy would do, I jumped in and grabbed that sonofabitch!

Yowsa!!! I came out of that water like a shot, I couldn't get that damn thing off of me for nothing until I put it and my hand back in the water. Damn thing bit a lot harder than a Yankee crayfish did.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Worst bite for me was a house cat the neighbor owned. I was just a kid and the SOB got out of their house, I ran it down (the cat was fatter than me) and I scooped it up. Got right up to the door and the prick chomped down on my wrist, burying its teeth. Fkme........

I still remember the cats name, Buster.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Sure.

That works really well.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Horse,mule,donkey, dog, cat, raccoon,possum, snake, fish, bird,

I had Percheron horse pick me up by the shoulder with it's teeth
Posted By: rost495 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Ain't so sure here... shot his dog, on his place, through his fence....I'm not seeing the good in all of that. But then again I think more owners should be shot than dogs.

I'd suggest not doing it around here though LOL. You might be surprised where the lightning comes from and how much of a thump it packs.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
I been bit by a baby groundhog. It smarted.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Dog as a kid and a lobster with his cutting claw (they have one crusher and one cutter). Hurt like hell.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
My step mother had a poodle that did not like to be groomed, dang mutt bit her right thru the septum of her nose. It was a really painful bite that required a trip to the emergency room. Nasty little chit would get under my grandmothers bed when she would try to get him to go out. Grandma cured him of that, she had a yardstick that had brass tips on the ends and she would rap him in the jewels. Only took a few of grandma's encouragements to get him to cooperate, the dog would see her coming with the yardstick and he'd head for the door pronto.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18
Rattlesnake.

Cottonmouth.
Originally Posted by rost495
Ain't so sure here... shot his dog, on his place, through his fence....I'm not seeing the good in all of that. But then again I think more owners should be shot than dogs.

I'd suggest not doing it around here though LOL. You might be surprised where the lightning comes from and how much of a thump it packs.

You need to read the why, you'd have done same.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/18/18

Yep. Been bitten by lots of stuff.....none very serious except a brown recluse once that put me in the hospital for a few days....
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Anything like getting bit by an angry beaver? grin
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
I've been nipped by a couple of dogs, when I was a kid, and a couple of times by cats. Oddly enough, I lived thru all those episodes. One cat died, the other (I named her Chui, after she chewed on me) still lives, and is pretty sweet, in reality. She was just scared by the big guy who tried to pull her out of the crawl space she was trying to get into.
Posted By: mart Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
A couple of dogs, a couple of black widows, a horse and an inmate.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
I caught a baby style javelina at the tail end of a sizable herd that paraded by me on a deer/cow/javelina trail as i sat on stand by it while leaning gainst a huge live oak.

I probably weighed about 2 pounds and after dodging the sow and 3 boars that instantly surrounded me and sent them packing, except for the sow, i got back to the oak and squatted down while keeping uncles bar '06 pointed in the sows direction. The sucker sounded just like a human baby crying and i got to thinking it might be a little too old to make a pet of anyway. My palm was over its back with my thumb and fingers grasping around its sides behind its shoulders. I set it down and before i could withdraw my hand it turned, jumped and nailed my thumb, its canines buried to the bone.

I shook it off in a flash of pain and it jumped at me and nailed my pants and leg above my boot while i was still squatted down. I kicked it loose and it headed back to momma while sniffling just like a kid after it quits squalling.

Oh yeah, brown recluse almost cost me my lower leg.
Posted By: Starman Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
... I ran it down (the cat was fatter than me) and I scooped it up.
Got right up to the door and the prick chomped down on my wrist, burying its teeth.
Fkme........

the ages old ploy... one gets to chase a woman or cat until it catches you... wink

A parakeet crunching down on ones lip or earlobe aint a nice feeling.

Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Dogs, amazing how your hand can swell in 4 hours if it gets infected.

A blue crab got my middle finger, cut lengthwise through, right beside the nail. My dad and cousin told me to leave them alone.

Stood on a red ant pile to pick raspberries. My aunt had to strip me bare nekkid and get them off me. She had warned me about the ants,I didn't listen. A popular tale told at family gatherings. I was 4, and still hate that story 44 years later.

Same aunt had a pet goose, bastid grabbed me by the belly at around the same age. I had been warned to stay away from her nest. Didn't listen. Another story, don't like that one either.

Fire ants, one good reason to live this far north.

Black snake, but he only got my boot, does not count.

P.S. A lot of the family stories that I don't like start with "---- told Karl not to............but he..........."
Might be a lesson in there somewhere. wink
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18

Take note: gunner is not the one you want to bite.

Several no damages aside from little cuts but they were giving it all they had: little dogs, non-poisonous snakes, cats, a squirrel, shoe messed up by a snapping turtle.

Once by a Rottweiler when I was running. I didn't even know he was there until he hit me from behind. Didn't even break the skin but the chert road scratched me up. Next day I had a huge bruise on my butt cheek. He turned around and went back to his house before I was back on my feet and I got up pretty quick. I was mad enough to wish he'd stayed now I'm glad he didn't. I ran backwards every time I passed that house after that.

When I was a little kid by a sow when catching a young pig for a local farmer (same one that owned the Rottweiler years later). Tore the back pocket off my tuff-skins pants.

Several horses and several hoes...I got lax and put to much trust in the horses, the others were just par for the course I guess.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
By a drunk woman back when I was MP, breaking up a domestic.
Got a Tetnus shot as ordered by the doc.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Take note: gunner is not the one you want to bite.

Several no damages aside from little cuts but they were giving it all they had: little dogs, non-poisonous snakes, cats, a squirrel, shoe messed up by a snapping turtle.

Once by a Rottweiler when I was running. I didn't even know he was there until he hit me from behind. Didn't even break the skin but the chert road scratched me up. Next day I had a huge bruise on my butt cheek. He turned around and went back to his house before I was back on my feet and I got up pretty quick. I was mad enough to wish he'd stayed now I'm glad he didn't. I ran backwards every time I passed that house after that.

When I was a little kid by a sow when catching a young pig for a local farmer (same one that owned the Rottweiler years later). Tore the back pocket off my tuff-skins pants.

Several horses and several hoes...I got lax and put to much trust in the horses, the others were just par for the course I guess.

LOL, Bud had that rental property for better than 10 years, he and i roofed, painted and carpeted that place, I helped him fix it up, we bought a skining shed for the corner of the place, time went by, he rented it out to a good man that had a POS non working 30 something punk kid that owned the dog, I asked him twice nicely to put that thing up, only dog I ever got mad enough to shoot.

You know the big muscle in the back of your thigh that's the size of a loaf of bread [hamstring?] that pit had mine in his mouth, was shaking and wouldnt let go, I fat handed him [you mma guys may call it a hammer fist] in the side of the head, he let go and ran off, that hurt like a sombitch.
And a worthless conure bird. I hated that thing. Belonged to a phsyco girlfriend. It was out of its cage and about to be set upon by her dog and cat. I scooped him up to get him away from the two varmints and the little ba%#@&% bit my finger clear to the the bone. It took all my will power not to crush that little green maggot.
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Several times by dogs, about half my own. Three times I was bitten at work before we were given snare sticks. I was off work 1-3 weeks.

Once by our first cat- it had a mental breakdown and went crazy. That was right though the web between the thumb and forefinger. Still hurts thinking about it.

A couple times by horses or donkeys, the donkeys were the worst.

Many times by birds of pret, I apprenticed as a falconer and worked at the MN Raptor Center for two years. Was bit by a black bear while pulling a bear out of the den to radio collar. It drew blood but no serious injury.

Have been bit by snakes a few times, twice by rattlesnakes when milking them. Went to the hospital for observation the first time in case I was allergic to the antivenin.

The worst bites were from humans, that happened three times. Twice while working, once in a fight.
Posted By: poboy Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Dobie bit my forearm. Bled like a stuck pig. I plotted for days about how to kill it.
I got distracted and never got around to it.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18

Young though he was, little fooker had a set of teeth that went right to the bone in my left index finger. I guess I am lucky it wasn't an angry beaver. Those bastids could clip off a finger easier than a green briar.

Young though he was, little fooker had a set of teeth that went right to the bone in my left index finger. I guess I am lucky it wasn't an angry beaver. Those bastids could clip off a finger easier than a green briar.

Not when they're in a drunk womans lap. laugh
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
I got bit once. Now I'm twice shy.

P
Posted By: CCCC Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
After dealing with lots of critters in situations for a long time - mostly on their turf - been bit by almost everything mentioned. The worst effect/feeling for the longest period was from a Brown Recluse that stung the middle of my forehead just above the nose. Actually, it was a better place than most if you're going to get it by a BR.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
horses, dogs, cats, birds, other stuff.
my dad while an uncle was gone was going into the corral to put feed down for this little stud shetland. The thing would wait until my dad's back was turned then bite him. Having had enough of that my dad was ready for it when the horse approached, he turned around and gave him a left hook in the nose with every bit of weight he had in him. After that, the horse would go to the other end of the corral and wait until he left.
come to think of it i did get a brown recluse too. bit in the morning in prescott, went to phoenix on business, was in a hotel, started sweating, hallucinations etc, started to drive back to prescott as i didn't want to die in phoenix, which i thought i was getting ready to do.
had my leg stretched out on the seat, on auto at about 55mph. had a car tail me on my bumper for miles pulled up along side me, decided not good i guess when i turned the dome light on and he saw the model 19 sitting on the dash.
I went to see good old Dr dave Duncan the next morning and he took care of it. My leg healed eventually. The bite was on my right lower leg which has been bunged up since i was a teenager.
come to think of it, i got bit by a gander goose one time when i was about five. i approached him front on and he latched on to my little pecker, then beat the crap out of me with his wings. My father thought that was really funny, rolling on the ground he was laughing so hard. Told me to fight it like a man. I have never approached a goose since except sideways.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Twice by dogs while NOT training them, too many times to count when training K-9's, a Black Widow and a Brown Recluse, a parakeet I was "birdsitting" for extra money while in High School, one cat, a blacksnake, and a horse.

Blood worms, Tanners, Dungeness, and King Crabs,

Won't count the bajillion mosquitoes, black flies, and no-seeums nor Fire Ants.

Oh, and a girl.

Ed
How did you get the girl to let go, officer? smile
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Several dogs, many cats, a box turtle, a cottontail rabbit, cattle, a goat, and a few horses. Oh, and my sister.
When we were very small, she was a biter - she bit me and mom grabbed her, then bit her. After that, when she got mad, she'd bite her own forearm.

The worst was a horse. While talking to another mounted cowboy, that SOB reached around and bit my toes sticking out of the stirrup! I got loose, kicked him in the side of his head - then hooked him in the front of the shoulders, and raked to his ass (drew blood)!
THEN we commenced the bronc-ride! (I won) smile
For a bit, I thought I might be missing toes! He drew blood through my boots! But turned into about the best horse I ever had. (Dad said we deserved each other smile )
Posted By: mitchellmountain Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
My cat had a flying squirrel on the ground when I got home one night . Pretty rare around here so I tried to save it. Put on leather gloves and picked it up and he went right through the glove into my index finger. Flung him and cat set right back onto it, shewed the cat away and picked it up. Repeating his thankless behavior he went right into my finger again. Proceeded to fast pitch the little jerk into the side of the house. Cat finished the job.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Dog got me in the back of the leg because I was young and ignored his growling warning. My own dogs once or twice breaking up a fight. Turtle took a bite out of my shorts once but missed my butt thankfully.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
14 stitches below the waist when a husky tried to give me a vasectomy.
Posted By: MILES58 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
a couple of horses. Bunch of dogs. A few cats. Snakes. Fish! Lots of Northerns, usually gets infected. Birds.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Don't try to pick up half-shot chipmunks, just saying.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
My own dog bit me in the ass.....by mistake.......he was going for a bit of meat in my hand and I turned away and he
wanted it....my ass was in his way....didn't break through the jeans I had on....but he was so embarrassed he would NOT
come near me for a few days.
Posted By: okie Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
yes
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Originally Posted by NH K9

Yes

Yeah...but most of the time we consider it "fun"....
Posted By: BWS Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Two worst were spiders.Both were in the crawl spaces of historic properties we were doing resto work on.The first was under a 1820's Episcopal church(National Register),got the funk at the bite area,sick for a cpl days.The second was a brown recluse bite under a 1790's house.Liked to killed me.The bite area wasn't as puss like as the first? but was knocking on dying from convulsive reactions for a week to 10 days.
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The worst bite was a horse I used to ride a lot. I was feeding him apples or carrots or something like I often did and the SOB bit me on my stomach. It didn’t break the skin surprisingly but did leave a big bruise and hurt like hell for a half a day but I got back in the saddle and we forgave each other even though I’m still not sure what transgression caused him to bite me. I guess even horses have bad days once in awhile. 😉

I use to tell people that feeding a horse from your hand is teaching them to bite you. I don't remember anyone who listened.

I've been bite by 2 dogs and had a lemon shark graze me with an open mouth.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
German Shepherd in the face when I was a kid. A dog I had known for years, still not sure why it happened. My dad was a physician, he took me the ER, shooed away the attending and sewed me up himself. No scars.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Oh yes, several dogs and several cats. Gotta be really careful when nutting a cat, they will perforate your hand through a leather glove.

A couple horses, a momma pig nearly ate me once while I was nutting her pigs.

Nobody mentioned a pocket gogher yet. I was cleaning a burrow in preparation for setting a trap. The targeted gogher grabbed hold of my finger.
Posted By: djs Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
dog
cat
squirrel
goose
donkey
rattle snake (but it didn't penetrate my boot)
kid
Posted By: 219DW Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
About a year ago I reached across to wake my 74 year old wife from a nightmare. She bit my forearm through flannel PJ sleeve and drew blood. She still has bad dreams but I'm more carefull when waking her from them.

Dave
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
A dobe tried to take off my left leg above the knee when I was 4, unprovoked. Was my brother that saved my bacon that day. Rat bit me when I was 8.

Then I discovered what ballbats and guns were for and it's been kinda one sided since, 'cept for my Ex. She didn't get a second chance.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Diamondback, dozen bull snakes, a dozen miscellaneous snakes, several horses, a mule, turtles, dogs, cats, squirrel, gopher, ferret (got me twice, came back for thirds and got a 22 lr in the head) a hundred lizards at least, quite a few chickens, geese and ducks. Been bitten by kids and a crazy lady or two that I arrested. I have had a few fish leave a mark too, dang channel cats have some chompers.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Black Mamba.

He got sick and died.
Posted By: dodgefan Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Couple of dog bites breaking up dogfights. Still got a pretty good scar on my calf from one of them.

Got a scar on my shoulder from a fight where the guy latched on to me, he finally let go after I stuck my thumb in his eye and told him he was fixing to lose it.
Posted By: thardy Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Chainsaw
Shetland pony
Copperhead
Dachshund (nasty)
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18

Lol...my personal worst was an alligator, but it was pure stupidity on my part. Catching frogs one night with a chick I wanted to impress, I snatched up a little gator, about 2' long. I assured her that they can't hurt anyone and let it bite my left index finger. Holy [bleep], it didn't hardly have any teeth, but I'd have sworn Hulk Hogan had me with a pair of channel-locks and wouldn't let go.
Posted By: crittergetter Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
When I worked for SWBTelephone lady said she had a friendly Nowegian Elk hound in her back yard and he was just as friendly as could be.She opened her back door he jumped on me and bite me 3 times,24 stitches in my arm later.I no longer trusted anyone when they had a dog,I did not care what breed,it was locked in a room in the house where I was not going to be needed,period.
Posted By: PPosey Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Horse, bastard bit me on top of the head, bled like a stuck pig
Squirrel, hey I thought it was dead,
Copperhead, it really got me $13,000 er bill, I had one heck of a reaction
Had a drunk bite me, I was trying to be nice until he pulled that, he didn't break skin through my jacket but my arm was purple and green the next day,
Had a 50 pound wild hog chew the heck out of my knee, I had him by the back legs and he had my knee, around and around we went.
Raccoon I was letting out of a hog trap, ungrateful prick, he died
Posted By: Partsman Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Some here Got bit by SH grin
Posted By: 87Ford Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
By a horse when I was about eight years old. Grabbed me by the elbow and yanked me around a bit. No stitches or broken bones, but I've never forgotten it 45 years later..
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Yes, the top 1/4 inch of my right ear in a fight with my cousin! He latched on and bit it clean off, only a little skin kept it hanging! I broke his friggin arm at the same time! We both lost!! We were young bucks dating the same redhead!
Posted By: Chumleyhunts Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Horses, a wounded squirrel, same damn pug dog 3 times when we used to take its owner for chemo on the ambulance, my buddy's pet geese too many times, and a completrely sober, alert ER patient who admitted he did it "just to get more attention". The human bite caused some nasty infection and i missed a weeks work about 10 days after it happened.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
dog
Mako shark
pacific black timber rattler
raccoon
black angus cow
gopher snakes all the time as a kid
Alligator Lizard

forgot them damn grey geese my mom had. grab you by the back of the neck! (i was 4-6 years old)
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Back as a teenager went out to wash the car in the hot summer, took off the shirt while doing it. Wasn't until afterwards I realized I had a whole ton of "bite marks" scattered about the torso while I washed the car in front of my mom.

Other than that, nothing serious. I'm very respectful of critter's and their teeth, we've always got along.
Posted By: DMc Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
And the winner is.....

Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Black Mamba.

He got sick and died.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
I survived :

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Dog at 7 yo still have the scar on my right wrist. Not counting various nips here and there.
Water snakes X2 (non venomous).
Fish bites.
Scorpion once when I was about 5 yo.
Seagulls when I was feeding them anchovies from the back of a fishing boat.
Ducks and one goose when feeding them bread at a park.
Skink (lizard) and a horned toad (lizard).

Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
I haven't seen anyone mention a bat bite. I grabbed him to put him outside. Figured he'd bite so I put a glove on first. Good idea.
Other than that, lots of other critters but no serious injuries. Well there was this one little arrogant young lady (when we were teenagers). Her dad was a city councilman in Minneapolis and she teed me off once too often. I picked her up, carried her out on the dock and threw her in the lake with her chewing on my arm and drawing blood all the way. It was worth it as I never saw her again.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
I haven't seen anyone mention a bat bite. I grabbed one to put him outside. Figured he'd bite so I put a glove on first. Good idea.
Other than that, lots of other critters but no serious injuries. Well there was this one little arrogant young lady (when we were teenagers). Her dad was a city councilman in Minneapolis and she teed me off once too often. I picked her up, carried her out on the dock and threw her in the lake with her chewing on my arm and drawing blood all the way. I still have the scars though they have grown faint, but it was worth it as I never saw her again.
Posted By: 7mmCoug Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Bark scorpion in my hotel room in Ocotillo, Arizona. Hurt like a son of a b.

Which technically is not a bite.....
Posted By: haverluk Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Horse
ground hog
German Shepard
lots of fish
rabbit
domestic goose
kangaroo
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
No....never.....well cept for skeeters and wasp stings but no teeth....
Probably should have been though because every dog in the neighborhood wanted a piece of my ass when I was delivering papers on my bicycle at five AM. And that was back in the days when very few people fenced their dogs in.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
This is the Campfire and nobody mentions been bitten by a Garand?
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18

Haha. Good job.

Bud had some rental property he and I had a skinning shed on, I ask the gangbanger wanna be to put that damn crossbred pit up while i skinned my deer, 'oh he wont bite' BS I said, you need to put him up, well, he didn't, and the dog died.

Somehow Jerry I'm thinking he didn't protest much. laffin
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
A big dog.
A dead cow.
And the love bug.
Posted By: jimone Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Dang dreaded Gun Bug, I think it crawled off of Rancid Crabtree. Terminal, I'm afraid.
Posted By: NoPa Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Originally Posted by 219DW
About a year ago I reached across to wake my 74 year old wife from a nightmare. She bit my forearm through flannel PJ sleeve and drew blood. She still has bad dreams but I'm more carefull when waking her from them.

Dave

Fortunate for her she is married to you and not Gunner500!
Posted By: saddlering Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Dogs, two cats both Simise, goose, Horse,Ground squirrel,oppsum, I think thats about it!
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Yup... Learned at a very young age you don't jump on and scare the chit outta a sleeping cat..
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Tiger................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ And now for the rest of the story.... Best friend's Dad growing up was the Vet for the local zoo. He raised 3 tiger cubs at their house until they were 6 weeks old because the mother rejected them. It was fun to feed them and they were very playful but their little teeth were as sharp as a razor!

Worst bite I ever got was from Granddad's old cow horse. He was a big ole stud that was 17 hands high and didn't like anybody riding him but Granddad.
I was probably 8 or 9 and pestering him after we had spent all day working cows. Granddad told me to ride him up to the barn so he could Un-saddle him and give him a rub down. When I touched him with my Spurs he reached around and damn near took a hunk out of my right knee! Didn't draw blood, but I was black and blue for a week.

Granddad got bit in the nose by a bull snake when looking in the chicken coop. I bet that had to hurt like hell, and I'd never heard a string of cuss words like that in all my life.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Dog, as a small child, in the face.
Like dogs just fine, but tolerate no chit from any.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Originally Posted by persiandog
I survived :

[Linked Image]

Looks like Suzi9mm stuff
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
I was bit by a 3 legged pit bull named Jesus.

Stupid fugger hit me right in the back of the leg. Mostly got pant.
Originally Posted by 7mmCoug
Bark scorpion in my hotel room in Ocotillo, Arizona. Hurt like a son of a b.

Which technically is not a bite.....

Thats a sting. Yanks call stings bites. I dont know why, however. smile
Posted By: midtenn Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Brown recluse spider, I'm not as allergic to this spider as some people. I only had some swelling and the typical bruise like mark, healed on its own. A few fish while Snorkeling. A couple of non serious dog bites, birds. A funny snapping turtle on my boot, man those things get pissed. The most notable bite, if you can call it that, happens 30 years ago. We had a 110 lb. Rottweiler from Germany. He didn't like it at all when I was disciplining my 7 year old daughter. He grabbed my arm and just bit down hard enough to say stop. While my arm was in his mouth, I could feel the power of his jaws and he really wasn't applying much pressure at all. I told him good boy and he let go. I never talked to her in that tone, in front of him, again.

Lol...my personal worst was an alligator, but it was pure stupidity on my part. Catching frogs one night with a chick I wanted to impress, I snatched up a little gator, about 2' long. I assured her that they can't hurt anyone and let it bite my left index finger. Holy [bleep], it didn't hardly have any teeth, but I'd have sworn Hulk Hogan had me with a pair of channel-locks and wouldn't let go.

That sounds like a, "Here, hold my beer and watch this", moment. grin
Originally Posted by nighthawk
This is the Campfire and nobody mentions been bitten by a Garand?

Never been bit by a Garand but once by a table saw.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DMc Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Have a dimple on my right thigh caused by a spider bite when I was a teenager. Doctor said it was a Brown Recluse bite. I never saw the spider.

DMc
Posted By: BLG Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Not me, but a friend had milking cows when he was growing up. Had one particular cow that was fond of kicking him when he sat on the stool to hook her up. He was about 20 at the time. Well, despite repeated attempts to find a way to stay away from her, she up and kicked him in the knee. It was the last straw for him. After he recovered enough to walk, he picked up a ball peen hammer and clubbed her between the eyes. She folded like a cheap suit. He thought he killed her. He was in the process of trying to figure out a way to cover his tracks with his dad, she regained "life" and stumbled to her feet. Never did tell his old man what happened. She was never quite right after that. But, she did have enough sense left to never kick him again.

Clyde
Posted By: CCCC Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Oh yes, several dogs and several cats. Gotta be really careful when nutting a cat, they will perforate your hand through a leather glove. - - - - - Nobody mentioned a pocket gogher yet. I was cleaning a burrow in preparation for setting a trap. The targeted gogher grabbed hold of my finger.

You are soooo right. Worked for a vet part time when in college and those leather gloves for "scratch protection" did nothing to protect from a cat bite - those boogers are especially nasty when they are on the slippery table. Yes - the pocket gopher - I think about that possibility every time I reach up into either side of the tunnel to clean out any debris before setting the trap. My thick gloves do help there.

Earlier some one mentioned something like a Pacific Black Timber Rattlesnake. I don't know if there is such an actual variety, but do know that I have seen many more seemingly odd color rattlers (especially very dark without much pattern) up in mid and northern Cal than anywhere else. Have seen tons in the SW and almost all seem to have been in normal color/patter form. Anyone know more about that?
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/19/18
Pit bull turned me into hamburger in 1965 when I was 14.
When ever I see a pit bull, I get ready to do a quick draw.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18

Most memorable!

About seven years old I thought a Chipmunk would make a nice pet. Them little buggers can bite you twenty seven times before you can shake one off. GW
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Not in years now, but
>couple dogs
>horse
>handful of cats
>couple Black snakes
>yes, a gerbil
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Originally Posted by fgold767
My own dog bit me in the ass.....by mistake.......he was going for a bit of meat in my hand and I turned away and he
wanted it....my ass was in his way....didn't break through the jeans I had on....but he was so embarrassed he would NOT
come near me for a few days.

Did you shake it too many times?
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18

Had a great uncle that was saddling a horse one day, and that horse reached around and bit his left nipple off.

Posted By: 12344mag Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Originally Posted by NoPa
Originally Posted by 219DW

Dave

Fortunate for her she is married to you and not Gunner500!

Lol.....Suppressed 22 betwixt the eyes!
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
A stink bug
Dogs
Cats
Snake
Spiders
Human
Rat
Mouse
This is no [bleep], I had a duck bite me! That sob pinched me so hard it left a blood blister! I beat the hell out of it with my fishin rod. It looked like that Aflac duck.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Most memorable!

About seven years old I thought a Chipmunk would make a nice pet. Them little buggers can bite you twenty seven times before you can shake one off. GW

Took my wife to the Grand Canyon in November. We saw lots of signs warning us not to feed the animals- especially the squirrels. These squirrels were right on the edge of the rim at the outdoor restaurant. They would sneak up and pester you until you jumped back- leaving your food so they could do a Hit & Run. Well this squirrel came up to me and I didn't back down. I saw that several patrons were watching me. When he stuck his nose to my plate I slapped him clear off the rim. He probably fell 30 feet or more. Never bothered any of us again. Most of the guys just chuckled and a couple of wimmens gave me a snotty look and left.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Fuggin love bug bite caused me more grief than anything you can imagine.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Dogs, one cat, gopher snake and one horse, The horse was just being mouthy so it could have been worse.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Originally Posted by Mac84

Haha. Good job.

Somehow Jerry I'm thinking he didn't protest much. laffin

LOL, no, he didn't Mac, I jumped the chainlink after the shot and chunked the dog in the bed of my truck, went out on rifle range road, dug a deep hole in a plowed farm field and buried the bastard, hoping the guy just thought he ran off, didn't want to have to shoot that damn doper too. grin

Still felt bad that I had to do that.
Posted By: mountainclmbr Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
My latest dog when he gets overly excited for me to open a gate. When I was young I got bitten by a small alligator I caught, a horse and numerous non-poisonous snakes I caught. The worse was probably the horse or the alligator. The worst snake was a huge indigo snake. I could only grab it in the middle of the body and after that it hit me. It was hard to pry it's mouth off my arm.
Posted By: Holston Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Several horses and multiple dogs. Three blacksnakes that I can remember.

Only 3 serious...first was a Red Heeler, got the back of my calf good when I was about 16. He lived to see another day, was a good friend of the families.

Second was a dalmatian when I was riding my bike on a trail. Almost wrecked me and got me once on the heel and twice on my forearm after I jumped off. Dog is long gone.

Third was a Chow mix (looked like anyway) while I was working. Will have 3 scars on my right leg till I die from him. Bit/tore me to the bone. Beat him off me with a pair of lineman pliers, guess he lived I'm not sure. Owner tried to start [bleep], almost lost my job, went to jail...not a good day.

I have no problems with dogs, but come on, if they're known to bite and you know I'm coming, put them up.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Mostly snakes and lots of them. Never by a venomous snake. Cats and dogs. Spanish mackerel and those suckers slice you good. Same with bluefish. Several other fish. Turtles. I can't recall any of them hurting very badly. I should have been bitten more than I was, because I grew up fuuuking with animals, but I used to be pretty quick.
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
A Hamster when I was young, dogs ,mostly one dog of my own, northern pike ,muskies and a few salt water fish of lesser size. Never did did anyone of them do much damage. Once while hand feeding an extremely large brown trout at a hatchery it came up and some how managed to get my whole thumb in it's mouth and drug deep cuts the length of my thumb. Bled like crazy and almost needed stitches......
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Let's see... dogs, ducks, cats, gerbils, guinea pigs, rats, rabbits.

I seem to remember the duck taking quite a chunk of skin but I was little. I hate a damn cat. And rodents can take a deep little chunk out of a man.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdiWdO6IZho&app=desktop

P
Posted By: LouisB Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Friend had a horse that would slowly sneak around behind a person and grab hold of the back of their arm (back side of bicep) and that meant you could not land a blow on him to make him stop.
The owner could make him turn loose. IF the owner was not around and you let him get in position he held on til he tired of the game . . . Need less to say you tired of it much quicker than he did.
Two dogs that both produced bleeding wounds (both were German Shepard's)
Various snakes, mice, rats, and bats.
One raccoon ( a pet)
Ducks, geese, various fish
2 different spiders, neither real bad, though one kinda got to me.
One of the most irritating was a cotton rat (Sigmadon(?) h.) that bit my finger through the wire of his cage.
His teeth came out around a wire and through my finger essentially pinning me to the cage . . .
LIl bugger would not let go
Finally got someone to go get a screwdriver and I pried his mouth open to get loose.

Tick that gave me a big ol bullseye on my leg. Luckily we shot with a physician and he called in a prescription for me
Posted By: satx78247 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
itppowell,

Cottonmouth while out gigging frogs in July 1986. = I gave him the frog, QUICKLY.
(Inasmuch cottonmouths are carrion-eaters, IF you get bitten, whether you get envenomated or not, you WILL get a serious infection. = IV antibiotics are NOT fun but beat the alternative.)

yours, tex
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Chiggers..... a swarm of them got me. A few dogs bites and my scarlet macaw bite hard enough to have my full attention (years ago... we have long since reached an understanding) but dear God the CHIGGERS... by the 2nd or 3rd day finding a scalpel to dig the little vermin out was starting to sound like a reasonable plan. I don't even walk NEAR pine straw anymoresick
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Dogs here. Several different breeds. From Welsh Corgi to pit. The pit died. The owner shot it. He was a nice guy,but his dog wasn't. A border collie nailed me on my way into a friend's house for a Christmas party. They thought it was all very entertaining. Come time to leave,I offered that they should gather it up till I get in the truck. "Oh don't worry,he won't do that again". I explained that if he did,and I get to the truck. He was going to have a hole to dig. Always a shootin iron of some sort in my truck. They took me at my word and gathered up the dog.
Posted By: WranglerJohn Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
When I was employed as a show horse groom, had a huge 17.2 hands gelding come up behind me and bite me in the back. When I pulled loose he ripped my tee shirt open. So I spun around and hit him in the muzzle as hard as I could. That must have stunned him if my bruised knuckles were any indication, then I noticed his mouth was bleeding, followed by him spitting out a tooth cap on the tailboard. He had a gap in his smile until the tooth grew out, but never bit me again.

Another time a hackney pony stallion decided I was intruding on his space when it was necessary to repair his water trough valve. He grabbed me by the right wrist I used to block him, and clamped down. It took me squeezing and twisting his upper lip and muzzle with my left hand like a twitch to make him let go. For years I had a the crescent impression of his dental arch embossed into my wrist, as a reminder that it's a good thing horses have relatively flat incisors, and that the vet pulls their wolf teeth. Thereafter, I locked him in the stall before working in the paddock.

When driving to work there was a house I had to pass by on a narrow country lane. Every day a really vicious large black dog would run out and chase my car, until one day I was riding my motorcycle it ran out and grabbed my pant cuff and nearly pulled me off the bike. Next day, it came at my car again, so I reached down and grabbed the fire extinguisher, and emptied the entire load of dry powder on the dog, which disappeared in a cloud of white sodium bicarbonate. This of course, cooled the dog's ardor immediately, and he reversed course yelping back to the porch. Thereafter, that dog was no longer seen on the porch, but could be heard barking behind a solid fence.
Posted By: Learmorer Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Junk yard dog, Pet conure and cockatiel birds. The worst was a burglar I caught, the antibiotics the ER doc gave me afterwards gave me diarrhea for 3 days.
Posted By: Gansettx Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
About every livestock animal on a farm
Coons, Grey Squirrels(they get nasty when they get older)
Domesticated pets
Neighbors German Shepherd gave me a scar on my cheek I've lived with since I was a youngster...could put my tongue through my cheek. Was giving the dog a hug for Easter
Cats...many cats, they are the worst...infection filled vermin on the planet.
Snakes...Garder, black, boas...none poisonous, those I dispatch prior to picking up smile
Posted By: hookeye Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
I forgot.............guess I got some wicked spider bite as a kid........on my back (so I never saw it LOL).
Painful, and spooky enough my mom actually took me to the doc.
Sick and burned like a mofo.

Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18

I was pretty badly mauled by a German Shepherd when I was eight. I was playing with the kid who lived there. We were in the sand box playing with Tonka trucks, bulldozers and whatnot. His infamous German Shepherd came strolling over. She was supposed to be locked in the house, because she was well known in the neighborhood to be dangerous. When I expressed concern, he assured me that her reputation wasn't deserved. She was actually a very friendly dog, he said, but he got up and went into the house (I assumed to get his folks to call the dog back in). Once he was gone, she glared at me, lowered her head, and started growling. I started backing up slowly towards the road. She charged at me, knocked me down and took a hard bite out of me right around my left kidney, sinking her canines in and shaking the hold. Not sure I would have made it if the man across the street didn't come running over with a shovel and fight her off with it. He walked me home, where my father (a physician) patched me up.

I guess it was a year later when the same dog "escaped" its enclosure and ran out into the street to attack my brother who was tossing a football with a few neighborhood kids. My brother was injured even worse than I was, and needed to be hospitalized for weeks. This time, my folks called the cops. The cop who came over was so horrified by the wounds that he volunteered to go over and shoot the dog personally with his service revolver. My dad asked him not to, but this time my folks sued, and part of the settlement was to put the dog down.

PS We had German Shepherds, too, growing up ... two consecutively. Neither of them ever showed any aggression towards kids in the neighborhood, and both could be allowed to walk around with me and my friends in the neighborhood without any aggression. The only exception with them was the house and backyard. Either of them would have bitten anyone who entered the house or the backyard without permission, and neither of them could be trusted not to bite even an invited guest into the house, unless they knew them pretty well already. We were careful, so never had a bite, but they clearly were not to be trusted under those circumstances.

I think, at this time, German Shepherds were being bred to be very protective of property by instinct, as they were hugely popular in the property protection role at this time, and ours were from working, not show, lines.
Posted By: Duckhunter Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Let's see
Collie in the face when I was about 10 years old
mouse stuck in a trash can? Hurt like hell
Gray squirrel
big a$$ crawdad
lots o fish
Gar from the river
parrot
black snake
raccoon in a live trap
snapping turtle still have a scar on my leg
crazy girlfriend, not a love bite
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/20/18
Had a wolf hybrid circle around me and latch onto my butt cheek while pushing a truck out of the mud. He wasn't too serious, thankfully.
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/21/18
I see some exotic birds listed here. My wife had various parrots,conures,tiels and the like. Her Umbrella Cockatoo was scary. What that bird could do with that big beak was something. It tolerated me. I hated it. Noisy [bleep]. It nipped her a time or two. Not viciously or who knows what for damage it could have done. I told her if it ever left a mark on one of the children,I'd splatter it on the wall with the .410. It's gone. No I didn't have to splatter it,but I Damn sure would have.
Posted By: dieselfitter Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/21/18
My sister got bit by a German Shepard that chased us on our bikes. He came at me after baseball practice and I smashed his skull. He lived, but had permanent nerve damage
Posted By: Chopper357 Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/21/18
This miracle happened in September three years ago, when I was only 75 years old.. It was a nice day to do some flying so I rode my Harley out to the farm where I keep my plane.. In Wisconsin we have some ugly vines that grow on dense trees like spruce.. Wearing only a tee shirt and walking from where I parked my bike toward the hanger, I spotted some vines that needed to be pulled down.. Didn't realize there was a hornets nest right behind where I grabbed... Around here you put up with these bad boys all the time.. Normally a bite hurts for a few minutes and then you forget about it.. No idea how many times they got me, but it was a lot.. Still didn't register as something dangerous.. I went and sat down in the hanger for a few minutes.. Have read lots of stories about snake bite and recognized the dry mouth that was happening as not good.. Maybe I should go back to town where there is a hospital just in case.. About 15 miles away.. Back on my Harley I'm going down the road and thinking I really don't feel good.. Better go back to the farm.. Got the bike turned around and am heading back.. Wasn't speeding, my guess was about 45-50 MPH when I blacked out.. Except for the grace of God, this would be the end of the story.. I came to setting on the bike just like I was riding except now we are laying on our side and I am looking up at tall corn stocks.. Panic time.. Somehow I got the bike upright and started.. The corn was so thick I had to stomp down a lot of it to make a trail out of the field.. Made it back to the farm and laid down for almost 5 hours before I was able to get up.. Going back later, I had crossed the oncoming lane of traffic, down in the left ditch, tracks went right beside a hi-line pole and then about 30 yards out into the corn field.. Had I gone off the right side of the road, there was a woven wire fence with 3 barbs.. Now I keep some meds around if it ever happens again.. Managed to spend 13 months flying Army helicopters in Vietnam and not bite a bullet.. Life has been very good. Regards
Posted By: berryns Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/22/18
When I was a kid the neighbor's Golden Retriever bit me hard while riding my go cart. I provoked it and deserved the bite.

I was also bitten by my pet iguana and parrots, both childhood pets. Both drew blood.

While in the Marine Corps I was bitten by a brown recluse - the swelling and pain was not fun and resulted in a trip to Balboa Naval Hospital.

My twins (boy-girl), now five, liked to bite when they were two. My wife and I, on separate occasions, bit them back and that stopped the biting.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Ever Been Bitten? - 02/23/18
Mostly lice, bedbugs, and assorted parasites - just the usual stuff.
I gotta clean up the house.
© 24hourcampfire