Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Most memorable!

About seven years old I thought a Chipmunk would make a nice pet. Them little buggers can bite you twenty seven times before you can shake one off. GW

Took my wife to the Grand Canyon in November. We saw lots of signs warning us not to feed the animals- especially the squirrels. These squirrels were right on the edge of the rim at the outdoor restaurant. They would sneak up and pester you until you jumped back- leaving your food so they could do a Hit & Run. Well this squirrel came up to me and I didn't back down. I saw that several patrons were watching me. When he stuck his nose to my plate I slapped him clear off the rim. He probably fell 30 feet or more. Never bothered any of us again. Most of the guys just chuckled and a couple of wimmens gave me a snotty look and left.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Fuggin love bug bite caused me more grief than anything you can imagine.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dogs, one cat, gopher snake and one horse, The horse was just being mouthy so it could have been worse.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by gunner500
One dog after I told the dude to put it up, went back on a thunderstorm night and shot the sombitch through the fence.

Haha. Good job.

Bud had some rental property he and I had a skinning shed on, I ask the gangbanger wanna be to put that damn crossbred pit up while i skinned my deer, 'oh he wont bite' BS I said, you need to put him up, well, he didn't, and the dog died.

In the ear with a suppressed 22LR.

Somehow Jerry I'm thinking he didn't protest much. laffin

LOL, no, he didn't Mac, I jumped the chainlink after the shot and chunked the dog in the bed of my truck, went out on rifle range road, dug a deep hole in a plowed farm field and buried the bastard, hoping the guy just thought he ran off, didn't want to have to shoot that damn doper too. grin

Still felt bad that I had to do that.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My latest dog when he gets overly excited for me to open a gate. When I was young I got bitten by a small alligator I caught, a horse and numerous non-poisonous snakes I caught. The worse was probably the horse or the alligator. The worst snake was a huge indigo snake. I could only grab it in the middle of the body and after that it hit me. It was hard to pry it's mouth off my arm.

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Several horses and multiple dogs. Three blacksnakes that I can remember.

Only 3 serious...first was a Red Heeler, got the back of my calf good when I was about 16. He lived to see another day, was a good friend of the families.

Second was a dalmatian when I was riding my bike on a trail. Almost wrecked me and got me once on the heel and twice on my forearm after I jumped off. Dog is long gone.

Third was a Chow mix (looked like anyway) while I was working. Will have 3 scars on my right leg till I die from him. Bit/tore me to the bone. Beat him off me with a pair of lineman pliers, guess he lived I'm not sure. Owner tried to start [bleep], almost lost my job, went to jail...not a good day.

I have no problems with dogs, but come on, if they're known to bite and you know I'm coming, put them up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mostly snakes and lots of them. Never by a venomous snake. Cats and dogs. Spanish mackerel and those suckers slice you good. Same with bluefish. Several other fish. Turtles. I can't recall any of them hurting very badly. I should have been bitten more than I was, because I grew up fuuuking with animals, but I used to be pretty quick.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A Hamster when I was young, dogs ,mostly one dog of my own, northern pike ,muskies and a few salt water fish of lesser size. Never did did anyone of them do much damage. Once while hand feeding an extremely large brown trout at a hatchery it came up and some how managed to get my whole thumb in it's mouth and drug deep cuts the length of my thumb. Bled like crazy and almost needed stitches......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Let's see... dogs, ducks, cats, gerbils, guinea pigs, rats, rabbits.

I seem to remember the duck taking quite a chunk of skin but I was little. I hate a damn cat. And rodents can take a deep little chunk out of a man.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Friend had a horse that would slowly sneak around behind a person and grab hold of the back of their arm (back side of bicep) and that meant you could not land a blow on him to make him stop.
The owner could make him turn loose. IF the owner was not around and you let him get in position he held on til he tired of the game . . . Need less to say you tired of it much quicker than he did.
Two dogs that both produced bleeding wounds (both were German Shepard's)
Various snakes, mice, rats, and bats.
One raccoon ( a pet)
Ducks, geese, various fish
2 different spiders, neither real bad, though one kinda got to me.
One of the most irritating was a cotton rat (Sigmadon(?) h.) that bit my finger through the wire of his cage.
His teeth came out around a wire and through my finger essentially pinning me to the cage . . .
LIl bugger would not let go
Finally got someone to go get a screwdriver and I pried his mouth open to get loose.

Tick that gave me a big ol bullseye on my leg. Luckily we shot with a physician and he called in a prescription for me

Last edited by LouisB; 02/20/18.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
itppowell,

Cottonmouth while out gigging frogs in July 1986. = I gave him the frog, QUICKLY.
(Inasmuch cottonmouths are carrion-eaters, IF you get bitten, whether you get envenomated or not, you WILL get a serious infection. = IV antibiotics are NOT fun but beat the alternative.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chiggers..... a swarm of them got me. A few dogs bites and my scarlet macaw bite hard enough to have my full attention (years ago... we have long since reached an understanding) but dear God the CHIGGERS... by the 2nd or 3rd day finding a scalpel to dig the little vermin out was starting to sound like a reasonable plan. I don't even walk NEAR pine straw anymoresick

Please don't feed the trolls!
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Dogs here. Several different breeds. From Welsh Corgi to pit. The pit died. The owner shot it. He was a nice guy,but his dog wasn't. A border collie nailed me on my way into a friend's house for a Christmas party. They thought it was all very entertaining. Come time to leave,I offered that they should gather it up till I get in the truck. "Oh don't worry,he won't do that again". I explained that if he did,and I get to the truck. He was going to have a hole to dig. Always a shootin iron of some sort in my truck. They took me at my word and gathered up the dog.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
When I was employed as a show horse groom, had a huge 17.2 hands gelding come up behind me and bite me in the back. When I pulled loose he ripped my tee shirt open. So I spun around and hit him in the muzzle as hard as I could. That must have stunned him if my bruised knuckles were any indication, then I noticed his mouth was bleeding, followed by him spitting out a tooth cap on the tailboard. He had a gap in his smile until the tooth grew out, but never bit me again.

Another time a hackney pony stallion decided I was intruding on his space when it was necessary to repair his water trough valve. He grabbed me by the right wrist I used to block him, and clamped down. It took me squeezing and twisting his upper lip and muzzle with my left hand like a twitch to make him let go. For years I had a the crescent impression of his dental arch embossed into my wrist, as a reminder that it's a good thing horses have relatively flat incisors, and that the vet pulls their wolf teeth. Thereafter, I locked him in the stall before working in the paddock.

When driving to work there was a house I had to pass by on a narrow country lane. Every day a really vicious large black dog would run out and chase my car, until one day I was riding my motorcycle it ran out and grabbed my pant cuff and nearly pulled me off the bike. Next day, it came at my car again, so I reached down and grabbed the fire extinguisher, and emptied the entire load of dry powder on the dog, which disappeared in a cloud of white sodium bicarbonate. This of course, cooled the dog's ardor immediately, and he reversed course yelping back to the porch. Thereafter, that dog was no longer seen on the porch, but could be heard barking behind a solid fence.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Junk yard dog, Pet conure and cockatiel birds. The worst was a burglar I caught, the antibiotics the ER doc gave me afterwards gave me diarrhea for 3 days.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
About every livestock animal on a farm
Coons, Grey Squirrels(they get nasty when they get older)
Domesticated pets
Neighbors German Shepherd gave me a scar on my cheek I've lived with since I was a youngster...could put my tongue through my cheek. Was giving the dog a hug for Easter
Cats...many cats, they are the worst...infection filled vermin on the planet.
Snakes...Garder, black, boas...none poisonous, those I dispatch prior to picking up smile

Honorary Gouger per Travis
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I forgot.............guess I got some wicked spider bite as a kid........on my back (so I never saw it LOL).
Painful, and spooky enough my mom actually took me to the doc.
Sick and burned like a mofo.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/20/18.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Not love bites. REAL bites?

I was pretty badly mauled by a German Shepherd when I was eight. I was playing with the kid who lived there. We were in the sand box playing with Tonka trucks, bulldozers and whatnot. His infamous German Shepherd came strolling over. She was supposed to be locked in the house, because she was well known in the neighborhood to be dangerous. When I expressed concern, he assured me that her reputation wasn't deserved. She was actually a very friendly dog, he said, but he got up and went into the house (I assumed to get his folks to call the dog back in). Once he was gone, she glared at me, lowered her head, and started growling. I started backing up slowly towards the road. She charged at me, knocked me down and took a hard bite out of me right around my left kidney, sinking her canines in and shaking the hold. Not sure I would have made it if the man across the street didn't come running over with a shovel and fight her off with it. He walked me home, where my father (a physician) patched me up.

I guess it was a year later when the same dog "escaped" its enclosure and ran out into the street to attack my brother who was tossing a football with a few neighborhood kids. My brother was injured even worse than I was, and needed to be hospitalized for weeks. This time, my folks called the cops. The cop who came over was so horrified by the wounds that he volunteered to go over and shoot the dog personally with his service revolver. My dad asked him not to, but this time my folks sued, and part of the settlement was to put the dog down.

PS We had German Shepherds, too, growing up ... two consecutively. Neither of them ever showed any aggression towards kids in the neighborhood, and both could be allowed to walk around with me and my friends in the neighborhood without any aggression. The only exception with them was the house and backyard. Either of them would have bitten anyone who entered the house or the backyard without permission, and neither of them could be trusted not to bite even an invited guest into the house, unless they knew them pretty well already. We were careful, so never had a bite, but they clearly were not to be trusted under those circumstances.

I think, at this time, German Shepherds were being bred to be very protective of property by instinct, as they were hugely popular in the property protection role at this time, and ours were from working, not show, lines.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Let's see
Collie in the face when I was about 10 years old
mouse stuck in a trash can? Hurt like hell
Gray squirrel
big a$$ crawdad
lots o fish
Gar from the river
parrot
black snake
raccoon in a live trap
snapping turtle still have a scar on my leg
crazy girlfriend, not a love bite

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,698
Posts18,475,238
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.