Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Dogs, two cats both Simise, goose, Horse,Ground squirrel,oppsum, I think thats about it!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Not love bites. REAL bites?
Yup... Learned at a very young age you don't jump on and scare the chit outta a sleeping cat..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tiger................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ And now for the rest of the story.... Best friend's Dad growing up was the Vet for the local zoo. He raised 3 tiger cubs at their house until they were 6 weeks old because the mother rejected them. It was fun to feed them and they were very playful but their little teeth were as sharp as a razor!

Worst bite I ever got was from Granddad's old cow horse. He was a big ole stud that was 17 hands high and didn't like anybody riding him but Granddad.
I was probably 8 or 9 and pestering him after we had spent all day working cows. Granddad told me to ride him up to the barn so he could Un-saddle him and give him a rub down. When I touched him with my Spurs he reached around and damn near took a hunk out of my right knee! Didn't draw blood, but I was black and blue for a week.

Granddad got bit in the nose by a bull snake when looking in the chicken coop. I bet that had to hurt like hell, and I'd never heard a string of cuss words like that in all my life.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/19/18.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Dog, as a small child, in the face.
Like dogs just fine, but tolerate no chit from any.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by persiandog
I survived :

[Linked Image]

Looks like Suzi9mm stuff

Last edited by hookeye; 02/19/18.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was bit by a 3 legged pit bull named Jesus.

Stupid fugger hit me right in the back of the leg. Mostly got pant.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 7mmCoug
Bark scorpion in my hotel room in Ocotillo, Arizona. Hurt like a son of a b.

Which technically is not a bite.....

Thats a sting. Yanks call stings bites. I dont know why, however. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Brown recluse spider, I'm not as allergic to this spider as some people. I only had some swelling and the typical bruise like mark, healed on its own. A few fish while Snorkeling. A couple of non serious dog bites, birds. A funny snapping turtle on my boot, man those things get pissed. The most notable bite, if you can call it that, happens 30 years ago. We had a 110 lb. Rottweiler from Germany. He didn't like it at all when I was disciplining my 7 year old daughter. He grabbed my arm and just bit down hard enough to say stop. While my arm was in his mouth, I could feel the power of his jaws and he really wasn't applying much pressure at all. I told him good boy and he let go. I never talked to her in that tone, in front of him, again.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jaguartx
How did you get the girl to let go, officer? smile

Lol...my personal worst was an alligator, but it was pure stupidity on my part. Catching frogs one night with a chick I wanted to impress, I snatched up a little gator, about 2' long. I assured her that they can't hurt anyone and let it bite my left index finger. Holy [bleep], it didn't hardly have any teeth, but I'd have sworn Hulk Hogan had me with a pair of channel-locks and wouldn't let go.

That sounds like a, "Here, hold my beer and watch this", moment. grin

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by nighthawk
This is the Campfire and nobody mentions been bitten by a Garand?

Never been bit by a Garand but once by a table saw.

[Linked Image]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B3

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have a dimple on my right thigh caused by a spider bite when I was a teenager. Doctor said it was a Brown Recluse bite. I never saw the spider.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Not me, but a friend had milking cows when he was growing up. Had one particular cow that was fond of kicking him when he sat on the stool to hook her up. He was about 20 at the time. Well, despite repeated attempts to find a way to stay away from her, she up and kicked him in the knee. It was the last straw for him. After he recovered enough to walk, he picked up a ball peen hammer and clubbed her between the eyes. She folded like a cheap suit. He thought he killed her. He was in the process of trying to figure out a way to cover his tracks with his dad, she regained "life" and stumbled to her feet. Never did tell his old man what happened. She was never quite right after that. But, she did have enough sense left to never kick him again.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Oh yes, several dogs and several cats. Gotta be really careful when nutting a cat, they will perforate your hand through a leather glove. - - - - - Nobody mentioned a pocket gogher yet. I was cleaning a burrow in preparation for setting a trap. The targeted gogher grabbed hold of my finger.

You are soooo right. Worked for a vet part time when in college and those leather gloves for "scratch protection" did nothing to protect from a cat bite - those boogers are especially nasty when they are on the slippery table. Yes - the pocket gopher - I think about that possibility every time I reach up into either side of the tunnel to clean out any debris before setting the trap. My thick gloves do help there.

Earlier some one mentioned something like a Pacific Black Timber Rattlesnake. I don't know if there is such an actual variety, but do know that I have seen many more seemingly odd color rattlers (especially very dark without much pattern) up in mid and northern Cal than anywhere else. Have seen tons in the SW and almost all seem to have been in normal color/patter form. Anyone know more about that?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pit bull turned me into hamburger in 1965 when I was 14.
When ever I see a pit bull, I get ready to do a quick draw.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Most memorable!

About seven years old I thought a Chipmunk would make a nice pet. Them little buggers can bite you twenty seven times before you can shake one off. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Not in years now, but
>couple dogs
>horse
>handful of cats
>couple Black snakes
>yes, a gerbil

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by fgold767
My own dog bit me in the ass.....by mistake.......he was going for a bit of meat in my hand and I turned away and he
wanted it....my ass was in his way....didn't break through the jeans I had on....but he was so embarrassed he would NOT
come near me for a few days.

Did you shake it too many times?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Had a great uncle that was saddling a horse one day, and that horse reached around and bit his left nipple off.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NoPa
Originally Posted by 219DW
About a year ago I reached across to wake my 74 year old wife from a nightmare. She bit my forearm through flannel PJ sleeve and drew blood. She still has bad dreams but I'm more carefull when waking her from them.

Dave

Fortunate for her she is married to you and not Gunner500!

Lol.....Suppressed 22 betwixt the eyes!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
A stink bug
Dogs
Cats
Snake
Spiders
Human
Rat
Mouse
This is no [bleep], I had a duck bite me! That sob pinched me so hard it left a blood blister! I beat the hell out of it with my fishin rod. It looked like that Aflac duck.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,577
Posts18,510,860
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.