Home
Just wondering what the mass opinion is. Does anyone legit reasons to not join the NRA? NRA has been in the news a good bit the last few days it’s some sponsor drops and the lib terds are spinning it in their favor of course. I think every gun owner should be a memeber but that just one opinion what say y’all?
So you missed the thousands of other threads on NRA? I think you could get your answers there.

🤪
I'd thought that as a PAC they were more concerned with fund raising than actively fighting for tooth and nail for the 2nd amendment every time the feds or states infringed on the 2nd with legislation. I still feel that to a degree.

However, as the largest and only pro 2nd organization that gets any play in the media, I figured it was essential to become a member for the simple reason that the more members the NRA has, the more sway we pull simply by the size of the organization. So I became a lifetime member.
They send me about a letter a month. Straight to trash. I have used their Enterprise discount before but apparently as of Monday that's going to be gone. I like the magazine and they need all the people they can get so I stay a member. Wife too. I'd pay to be a member even if I didn't personally get anything out of it. They might not fight as aggressively as the GOA, but they get the most attention and largest audience. The more the message gets out, the better chance we have of convincing people.
I used to be a member, now I'm not. Simple answer is they never, ever, ever , ever, stop begging for more of my money, and they will waste huge amounts of money and resources on pamphlets, and brochures, and flyers, and bumper stickers and every other dang method to beg me for more money.
GUYS!!! SPEND MY MONEY MORE WISELY!!! Now knock it off!.
Simple answer is they never, ever, ever , ever, stop begging for more of my money, and they will waste huge amounts of money and resources on pamphlets, and brochures, and flyers, and bumper stickers and every other dang method to beg me for more money.

The NRA gave more money to Trump than the republicans did. They were his biggest super-pac. Good thing they didn't spend all that money on bumper stickers.
There's no reason not to join the NRA. As I've said before, buying politicians costs a lot of money. We need to make sure OUR side does the buying.
Originally Posted by kellory
I used to be a member, now I'm not. Simple answer is they never, ever, ever , ever, stop begging for more of my money, and they will waste huge amounts of money and resources on pamphlets, and brochures, and flyers, and bumper stickers and every other dang method to beg me for more money.

There are some sound reasons to not join or belong. Maybe you hurt your head when you fell off the monkey bars on the playground.

If you don't belong to the NRA you should join, if you do belong, you should upgrade your membership.
Big news today or so i thought was some of their insurance companies that under write the benefits insurance you get for being a member are pulling away. Once again the libs spin it because of the latest school shooting and the call for gun control. But then I heard someone call in on a radio show i was listening to and said that the insurance company told the NRA they were pulling out 3 months ago. Nice try

If not for the NRA we'd be disarmed already. Lots of groups beg for money, if they didn't get any money out of it they wouldn't do it. I've been a Life member over 30 years. I don't get any phone calls or flyers, I do get the American Hunter magazine. Gun Grabbers fear the NRA and the power they wield on politicians.
I am a lifer, so is my wife, so are my three kids, so are my ten grandkids. Leave nuthin to chance. The forces of evil are real.
If they'll send me a free bump stock, I'll join.

Otherwise, I don't even buy girl scout cookies.

If you aren't a member, it isn't your money.
Spreading the word and PR are a large part of their mission and they are the most effective lobbying organization in America. I hear a lot of complaints about the fund raising materials and calls. Here's my solution: an answering machine and a waste basket.

I just renewed my NRA membership today for 5 years, and gave an additional donation.

Join the NRA, donate, vote!

^^^^^^^^^^^
There it is.
Originally Posted by slumlord
If they'll send me a free bump stock, I'll join.

Otherwise, I don't even buy girl scout cookies.

I will teach ya how to bump off the shoulder man
You don't need that chyt with a good single stage trigger and a quick reset

I bought 2 boxes of samoas at wally world last week

Me and the dogs ate the hell outta em watching tv.

Same girl hit me up again at wally world about 3 hrs ago

Didn't have any cash on me, fugg.........

Samoa,s with crunchy peanut butter smeared on em and a big glass of milk

I love this time of year😃😃😃😃😃
After I joined I got irritated with their endless begging and unrelated fliers so I called them.
I told them to stop all but my subscription and renewal information, it worked.
I'm waiting on the NRA to apologize for supporting the NFA of 1934, GCA of 1968, FOPA of 1986. Period.

The NRA needs to cut bait with FedGov or go to hell.

I don't NEED the NRA for anything, they can KMA after their decades-long bullschitt of rolling over and sucking off FedGov.

My temper has boiled over and the NRA has earned my wrath, I'm pissed off at ALL of the cops and sheriff's offices and the NRA, they can all rot in hell forever.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Spreading the word and PR are a large part of their mission and they are the most effective lobbying organization in America. I hear a lot of complaints about the fund raising materials and calls. Here's my solution: an answering machine and a waste basket.

I just renewed my NRA membership today for 5 years, and gave an additional donation.

I WAS a member, until they badgered me out. I like the magazine and i like what they stand for, but I'm a single income bread winner with a sick wife and medical bills more than my mortgage every month. I am very careful with money, and I'll be DAMMED if I will put up with constant begging, while watching them waste every time I have them.
The NRA is a lot like Trump. Far from perfect, not ideal nor as conservative as we'd like.

But, they are the best we have and 10,000 times better than the alternative.
Why wouldn’t you want to be a member???? It’s 3 steps to my garbage can to toss the NRA mail seeking money if I don’t want to give...I’am a member and I send money throughout the year to them. I look at it like tithing at church. I don’t know where my money is going in either case, but I believe it’s Helping to support something I believe strongly in. I do know based on what the media says, my money is doing something to keep my firearms happily living in my safe and not in a barrel at the Sheriff’s office waiting to be chopped in to pieces.
The NRA is the best thing we have going for us. I can't imagine what gun rights would be like in this country if the NRA wasn't a powerful and effective voice for us.

JOIN. NOW.

I've been a lifer for yearsl

Can't even imagine not being a member.

Any organization is not going to do what each member may want.

But what the NRA does is essential and effective in preserving our right to keep and bear arms.

God bless them.

Steve
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I'm waiting on the NRA to apologize for supporting the NFA of 1934, GCA of 1968, FOPA of 1986. Period.

I don't NEED the NRA for anything, they can KMA after their decades-long bullschitt of rolling over and sucking off FedGov.

My temper has boiled over and the NRA has earned my wrath, I'm pissed off at ALL of the cops and sheriff's offices and the NRA, they can all rot in hell forever.

Your anger is strange, not sure, but I think you need to clean the cockle burrs out of your panties.

You are way off base, and are you a gun hater. Do you own any, or ?

My wife and I have been life members for years. If you aren't a member you should join. If you are a member upgrade your membership. If you don't you have any room to complain about the gun situation in America. You should be ashamed of yourself. Far as I'm concerned your a tight ass, that has no heart.
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

Your anger is strange, not sure, but I think you need to clean the cockle burrs out of your panties.

You are way off base, and are you a gun hater. Do you own any, or ?

I own plenty of guns, no thanks to the NRA. They've STABBED gun owners in their backs my whole life. Fk 'em, they're all about shooting guns on a range and the Second Amendment is an afterthought to support their rifle competitions.

Every time the Second Amendment takes a hit in Congress you'll find the NRA backing that schitt.

NFA of 1934, GCA of 1968, FOPA of 1986: you tell me how the NRA was on the right side of that schitt.

I paid my membership dues to the NRA for longer than I should have, I'm THROUGH with them, they'll turn on the Constitution as long as Wayne LaPierre is alive and in charge of the NRA.

I WAS a member, until they badgered me out. I like the magazine and i like what they stand for, but I'm a single income bread winner with a sick wife and medical bills more than my mortgage every month. I am very careful with money, and I'll be DAMMED if I will put up with constant begging, while watching them waste every time I have them.

A life membership is $600.00. Sell one gun and sign up for life with no annual dues.
What exactly are you backing then?
After 20+ years of annual membership I finally joined as a life member several years ago when they had their $300 special.

Went into my account and deselected all the "contact me" options and all I get is the Magazine (a shadow of what it was 30 years ago) and an occasional NRA-ILA thing in the mail maybe every 3 months). No phone calls, no e-mails.

The NRA is the 800lb gorilla on our side. There are other groups too, GOA in particular and many local groups, that deserve our money but the NRA scares every single politician out there. They are our defense. Join them or whine because the enemies of freedom are organizing.
I am a hard arse when it comes to the NRA as they stand between me and the anti-gun crowd. Their mailings and phone appeals for money could be annoying if you let it, but I look at the big picture and come up with additional money occasionally.

Anybody that hunt out of my camps are not welcome unless they are NRA members. Also, what grinds my grits is the number of members in the sportsmen club I belong too that do not belong to the NRA.
Originally Posted by Pugs
After 20+ years of annual membership I finally joined as a life member several years ago when they had their $300 special.

Went into my account and deselected all the "contact me" options and all I get is the Magazine (a shadow of what it was 30 years ago) and an occasional NRA-ILA thing in the mail maybe every 3 months). No phone calls, no e-mails.

The NRA is the 800lb gorilla on our side. There are other groups too, GOA in particular and many local groups, that deserve our money but the NRA scares every single politician out there. They are our defense. Join them or whine because the enemies of freedom are organizing.

Well said....Where’s that $300 dollar deal now? I want that...I just sent them another “C” note earlier this week. If not the NRA then who fellas? I’m listening. Give up your better option(s)
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Well said....Where’s that $300 dollar deal now? I want that...I just sent them another “C” note earlier this week. If not the NRA then who fellas? I’m listening. Give up your better option(s)

A fine question and if the NRA is smart they'll announce another round of it ASAP.
If the NRA had 40-50 million members, instead of 4-5, they wouldn't have to compromise anything. I swear, to think that so many guys are more afraid of junk mail and phone calls than losing gun rights.
Originally Posted by HitnRun

A life membership is $600.00. Sell one gun and sign up for life with no annual dues.

And they will STILL keep begging.
Simple solution, no real thought given. Which gun should I sell? The .22lr Glenfield my father gave me? The Mossberg bolt shotgun his father carried. Then passed to me? The Sterlingworth sxs12ga? Or maybe the low number. Gold trigger Browning A5 light 12 I just received from my father's hands? Perhaps the AR-15 .450BUSHMASTER I built myself? It took me more than a year to collect enough parts, and a friend donated the trigger assembly as he upgraded. Perhaps my CCW pistol?

Frankly. There is not a gun I own I would part with. Certainly not for an organization that appears to be DEAF.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Outbackman
Just wondering what the mass opinion is. Does anyone legit reasons to not join the NRA? NRA has been in the news a good bit the last few days it’s some sponsor drops and the lib terds are spinning it in their favor of course. I think every gun owner should be a memeber but that just one opinion what say y’all?

AFAIC, the Second Amendment Foundation files more lawsuits against govt actions which illegally restrict our gun rights and it is the group which initiated legal action which resulted in the two biggest court cases in modern history that has done more to secure our 2A rights than anything since the US Constitution. Those two actions are called the Heller and McDonald cases though the NRA entered as a friend of the SAF and was magnanimous in taking credit.

Please gokg Sec Amendment Foundation and look at the court rulings they have won and cases they are bringing. Jag.

This ^^^^, and it really pissed me off when they supported that pos dimocrap Harry Reid in his last successful senate race. When i asked Wayne La Pierre about it before the election he said not to worry about it as Reid would lose anyway. Pos won by a narrow margin.

They had the money years ago to put good pro-2A commercials educating the young in this country about the dangers of gun confiscation and chose to make several of their leaders multimillionaires instead.

I will say they are the 800 lb gorilla who puts the fear of God into many congressmen and do serve a purpose in tbat regard.

Really?
If they are wasting money, I wonder how they are so financially sound. And they gave the Trump campaign a lot of money.
They send out all those requests for money and phone calls for money, because they make money that way. If they didn’t they would have gone away years ago. Lots of gun owners contribute to those requests.
I am a Patron member, and will upgrade soon. I get an occasional request in the mail. It gets shredded, unopened. I contribute on my schedule. We never ever answer the phone, unless we know the caller so that’s not an issue.its very easy to manage, and a piss poor excuse for not belonging.

Originally Posted by dale06

Really?
If they are wasting money, I wonder how they are so financially sound. And they gave the Trump campaign a lot of money.
They send out all those requests for money and phone calls for money, because they make money that way. If they didn’t they would have gone away years ago. Lots of gun owners contribute to those requests.
I am a Patron member, and will upgrade soon. I get an occasional request in the mail. It gets shredded, unopened. I contribute on my schedule. We never ever answer the phone, unless we know the caller so that’s not an issue.its very easy to manage, and a piss poor excuse for not belonging.

I could wall paper my house with all the requests I get every year. Every one wasted. I have called and written to have it stopped, they don't listen.
New York has the most NRA members than any other state. WHAT DID THEY DO OR HOW MUCH DID THEY SPEND TO HELP US IN THE 2014 ELECTION?
"0" that's what. If we got a pro gun governor their membership would have dropped significantly. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE SINCE THE "SAFE ACT" WAS PASSED? AGAIN A BIG "0"
They will not get another dime from me.
"I think it is a terrible indictment of the National Rifle Association that they haven’t supported any legislation to try and control the misuse of rifles and pistols in this country."

That flat assertion was made by Senator Robert Kennedy (N.Y.), Jan. 16 in addressing the New York State University law school in Buffalo.

Terming Kennedy’s accusation "a smear of a great American organization," NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth pointed out that "The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."

A few days later, Orth seconded the request of President Lyndon Johnson, made Jan. 17 in his State of the Union message, for a curb on mail-order sales.

"The duty of Congress is clear," Orth said, "it should act now to pass legislation that will keep undesirables, including criminals, drug addicts and persons adjudged mentally irresponsible or alcoholic, or juveniles from obtaining firearms through the mails."
LIke the American democracy, the NRA ain't perfect, but there are no better alternatives. None.
Sad to see some of the small minded comments to the contrary.
No reason at all.
NRA's not perfect. But it's better than the alternative. Any organization that is hated that much by liberals must be doing something right. Which is why I upgraded my life membership to endowment a year or two ago. I also donate several times a year, about every 3 months on average. The anti 2A movement will never rest.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
If you own a gun, or hunt, or target shoot, you wouldn't have any of it if it weren't for the NRA. Yes they beg for money, they need to do the job.
If you can afford to buy a second or third gun, you can afford a life membership.
"I think it is a terrible indictment of the National Rifle Association that they haven’t supported any legislation to try and control the misuse of rifles and pistols in this country."

That flat assertion was made by Senator Robert Kennedy (N.Y.), Jan. 16 in addressing the New York State University law school in Buffalo.

Terming Kennedy’s accusation "a smear of a great American organization," NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth pointed out that "The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."

A few days later, Orth seconded the request of President Lyndon Johnson, made Jan. 17 in his State of the Union message, for a curb on mail-order sales.

"The duty of Congress is clear," Orth said, "it should act now to pass legislation that will keep undesirables, including criminals, drug addicts and persons adjudged mentally irresponsible or alcoholic, or juveniles from obtaining firearms through the mails."

What an incredibly dumb thing to post!

Haven't you heard about the revolution of 1977, when a group of members organized a "coup" that threw out the fudds and completely changed the direction of the NRA?

Why, some fool even posted that he's mad about something the NRA did in 1934, 84 years ago.

As for all the fundraising, did it ever occur to you guys that the only reason they do it is it raises more money than it costs?

Duh.

Anyone who hunts or shoots and does not belong to the NRA is a FREELOADER!
Do Y'all not remember their Knee Jerk reaction about bump stocks, after the Las Vegas shooting? miles
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
There's no reason not to join the NRA. As I've said before, buying politicians costs a lot of money. We need to make sure OUR side does the buying.

If you are a gun owner and you wish to remain a gun owner you should be a member of the NRA
I was now I'm not. They will drive you crazy with the junk mail every day. They spend more in postage in a month than my membership for a year costed. I know many people that did like me because the same reasons.
Junk mail from the NRA comes out of the mail box and right in to the burn barrel unopened. Paid for a life membership and donate several times a year on my terms. The same with the SAF.
Yes, because no matter what you give they will tell you it ain’t enough, just like the peacher man and the homeless.

Give your had earned money to Children’s Hospitals
how much unsolicited mail do you guys get a week? you just toss it right? how many of those have our back on the 2nd Amendment?
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Yes, because no matter what you give they will tell you it ain’t enough, just like the peacher man and the homeless.

Give your had earned money to Children’s Hospitals

Originally Posted by seal_billy
I was now I'm not. They will drive you crazy with the junk mail every day. They spend more in postage in a month than my membership for a year costed. I know many people that did like me because the same reasons.

That is incredible that you can overlook all the whining of people on the campfire, ignore the guys you don't like, but you can't deal with a organization that fights for your gun ownership so you can bitch about them. You act like all the illegals that come to the safety of this country, then bitch about it.
I spent over twenty years in the military shed blood, body parts, and even came back from the dead. I’ve “fought” enough for our “gun ownership” and freedom of speech, please feel free to give to the NRA if you so please.

Children’s Hospitals are a more worthy cause.

Can’t see where I was “bitchin” about it you Can’t cut it c-word. At first I didn’t get the “safety” and “illegal” thing but now I do...

You have an Ignorane with arrogance rednek problem. You have come to believe the NRA membership provides you “safety”...Thats ignorance.

Try to edumacate yourself and smartN up a little Bubba
If you seek a "YESMAN" , look elsewhere.

The NRA has made it plain that my voice doesn't matter to them. Only my money does, and they waste that, yelling at me. I said no, and I meant it.
[Linked Image]
I spent over twenty years in the military shed blood, body parts, and even came back from the dead. I’ve “fought” enough for our “gun ownership” and freedom of speech, please feel free to give to the NRA if you so please.

Children’s Hospitals are a more worthy cause.

Can’t see where I was “bitchin” about it you Can’t cut it c-word. At first I didn’t get the “safety” and “illegal” thing but now I do...

You have an Ignorane with arrogance rednek problem. You have come to believe the NRA membership provides you “safety”...Thats ignorance.

Try to edumacate yourself and smartN up a little Bubba

Check your tag line, especially the part about hypocrites.
I've been a Life Member since 1972.
Keep drinkin the “I’m here to help you” Koolaid.

Don’t forget the story of the Sparrow, Cow, and Cat.

Parable about the Bird, the Cow, and the Cat

A bird was flying south for the winter. Cold and hungry, the bird found refuge in a barn on a farm. His wings were nearly frozen stiff with icicles. The bird thought to himself, “I am dead for sure.”

A cow in the barn came by, sniffed around and unloaded a big, stinky pile of cowpie on top of the bird. The bird was drowning in cow caca and thought to himself, “I am dead. I am dead.”

Although the cowpie stank, it was warm and helped thaw the bird, bringing much needed warmth. The bird struggled a bit and managed to poke out his beak to breath. The bird thought to himself, “Yes, yes, I am alive! I’ll be okay!”

The bird was so happy, it began to sing. A cat in the barn heard the singing and came over to investigate. The cat discovered the bird within the cowpie, dug the bird out, and ate him.

Moral of the story:

Not everyone who craps on you is your enemy.
Not everyone who gets you out of caca is your friend.
If you are warm and happy and covered in caca, don’t sing about it
Originally Posted by seal_billy

I could wall paper my house with all the requests I get every year. Every one wasted. I have called and written to have it stopped, they don't listen.

Strange how I have been a member for 38 years and do not get junk mail from them every day and the total of what I do get in a year wouldn't wall paper one room never mind a whole house.
They do send a lot of junk mail via USPS and email.

If a person thinks about the fate of their gun-rights more than twice a year, they might have a mental disorder.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
If the NRA had 40-50 million members, instead of 4-5, they wouldn't have to compromise anything. I swear, to think that so many guys are more afraid of junk mail and phone calls than losing gun rights.

Tis odd, isn't it?
They do send a lot of junk mail via USPS and email.

If a person thinks about the fate of their gun-rights more than twice a year, they might have a mental disorder.

Well, you have certainly convinced yourself.
Hope you like junk mail...
Jesus is my Savior

Not the NRA, Trump, Insurance Companies, Warranty Companies, or any other motivation by fear organizations.

“Preacher man preachin on TV puttin down rock & roll, wants me to send a donation because he is worried about my soul”
-Charlie Daniels

I don’t think so.
My Rights come from God, not the NRA. Anyone who wants to argue that fact, can ask Him in person.

If you have done NOTHING to protect your gun rights then you deserve to lose the fight.

The members of the NRA will still fight for your second amendment rights even when you wont.
My Rights come from God, not the NRA. Anyone who wants to argue that fact, can ask Him in person.

[Linked Image]

Remember, the democrats/socialists/communists for the most part do not believe in God and think they should be the ultimate decision maker on what rights we have.
One reason they are always trying to claim the Constitution needs to be interpreted as a living document.
One that the meaning of it changes on a whim, what do we want it to mean today.

https://www.law.uchicago.edu/news/living-constitution
The Living Constitution
David A. Strauss
Do we have a living Constitution? Do we want to have a living Constitution? A living Constitution is one that evolves, changes over time, and adapts to new circumstances, without being formally amended. On the one hand, the answer has to be yes: there's no realistic alternative to a living Constitution. Our written Constitution, the document under glass in the National Archives, was adopted 220 years ago. It can be amended, but the amendment process is very difficult. The most important amendments were added to the Constitution almost a century and a half ago, in the wake of the Civil War, and since that time many of the amendments have dealt with relatively minor matters.
Kane nice

Do explain this before I jump to a conclusion

I am a life member......any gun owner that is not a member, is helping the other side. it is pathetic that there is 80 million gun owners, but only 5 million members. it takes money to fight the fight.

I don't get any where near the mail some of you guys are saying you get......I think it is just an excuse.....how hard is it to throw it away.....I am also going to make more contributions.

the nra is under attack, which means we are under attack......bob

that ranks right up there with one of the more stupider things I have heard......bob
Well there is the kool-aid thinking for sure.

Things you can do for your constitutional gun rights besides join the NRA:

Vote
Serve your country
Pray

If being a financial benefactor to the NRA to protect only one of your Constitutional rights makes you feel better than giving your all, by all means...Give!

Originally Posted by tedthorn

If you have done NOTHING to protect your gun rights then you deserve to lose the fight.

The members of the NRA will still fight for your second amendment rights even when you wont.

NRA's Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox Issue Joint Statement
Share Page
(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."

I am a current NRA member and have been as long as I can remember, in fact I have spent time recruiting new members........the above statement, issued after the Las Vegas shooting, in my opinion, is NOT in accordance with the 2nd amendment, so they are NOT speaking for me! The 2nd amendment acknowledges the rights of citizens to own weapons comparable to those used by the military......without infringement.......when was the last time the NRA spoke out in support of private ownership of not just AR15s, but of M16s??? I'm convinced that the current leadership of the NRA would have agreed to the ban of
"assault weapons" if they weren't afraid it would cost them too many members. I'm afraid any doubt that the NRA is led by compromisers and "FUDs" has been removed.

The above statement, released by the top level of the NRA, has forced me to reconsider my membership.

Well there is the kool-aid thinking for sure.

Things you can do for your constitutional gun rights besides join the NRA:

Vote
Serve your country
Pray

If being a financial benefactor to the NRA to protect only one of your Constitutional rights makes you feel better than giving your all, by all means...Give!

I obviously cover way more then my fare share and will continue to do so.
It doesn’t make you a saint because you do
And it doesn’t make you the devil if you don’t
Originally Posted by BobMt
[quote=kellory]My Rights come from God, not the NRA. Anyone who wants to argue that fact, can ask Him in person.

that ranks right up there with one of the more stupider things I have heard......bob
You are welcome to your opinion. As am I. The NRA is a loud voice, but not the only one. I don't dispise them, or have some axe to grind with them. I simply will not give them anymore money. They wasted every cent and more of what I already gave them, and you can't get blood from a stone, no matter how hard you squeeze. I gave them what I could, and it didn't matter to them, it was never enough.
During just the 2016 election cycle, the NRA spent $54 million in the presidential and congressional races, nearly $20 million of which went to attacking Democrat Hillary Clinton and more than $11 million to support Republican Donald Trump.

I am failing to see the waste.
For those of you not wanting to join the NRA here is an alternative;

https://www.saf.org
Ha ha ha, you should see what educational organizations spend on books and faculty trips. Its working ain’t it.

Originally Posted by SKane
During just the 2016 election cycle, the NRA spent $54 million in the presidential and congressional races, nearly $20 million of which went to attacking Democrat Hillary Clinton and more than $11 million to support Republican Donald Trump.

I am failing to see the waste.
As far as gun ownership is concerned

I would hate to see where we would be without the NRA
If neither side made money off of sheep hearding, they might do more fishing and book reading.
the main reason President Trump got in as our President was the 2 big G`s >> GOD and GUNS ,yes if you like your guns pray that Trump wins in 2020 and yes the NRA help Trump win so yes join the NRA ! SWAMP STILL NEEDS DRAINING !

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.....................
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

No good man, it still costs them money.
Now if their was an group that was free to join and and was spending lots of money to preserve our 2A rights, well then they would be all in, maybe.
The current state of affairs is because this week liberals are listening to teenagers to bolster their agenda...

Two weeks ago they (congress) were pestering Procter & Gamble because the same “responsible” teenagers are eating Tide Pods
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by roundoak
I am a hard arse when it comes to the NRA as they stand between me and the anti-gun crowd. Their mailings and phone appeals for money could be annoying if you let it, but I look at the big picture and come up with additional money occasionally.

Anybody that hunt out of my camps are not welcome unless they are NRA members. Also, what grinds my grits is the number of members in the sportsmen club I belong too that do not belong to the NRA.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Now if their was an group that was free to join and and was spending lots of money to preserve our 2A rights, well then they would be all in, maybe.

No.....there would still be those who would be just fine to allow others to do the work for them as they sit idol and collect the bennifits
Its just business

[Linked Image]
A picture of both parties

[Linked Image]

Tis odd, isn't it?

Very, but don't worry A few will carry the others, just like welfare.
Your voices sound like Cha-Ching

Originally Posted by 12344mag

Tis odd, isn't it?

This ^^^^^
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Exactly. As others have already mentioned, it is simple and easy to curtail the mail, email, and phone solicitations. Somewhere around twenty years ago, I asked them to stop, and since then, I have gotten exactly ONE phone call. I think that the people who say that they tried and failed are lying. And hating, and freeloading. The really loud and loco haters are working for the anti-gun side.

For NRA members, there is no reason not to join SAF, Second Amendment Sisters (are they still around?), Pink Pistols (are they still around?), JPFO, or any other similar organizations.

If I owned a gun store, you would have to show valid current NRA membership to buy anything.
[Linked Image]
I bought a rifle this morning. A particular rifle, one that I had been looking for awhile. It was in decent shape, the price was OK and the sale went very smoothly. It was a gun show sale and no paper work. All completely legal. This sale could not have happened without the NRA. The '03 is locked safely in my safe now! I have been a member of the NRA since the 60's and have never regretted it. Everything you do with/about firearms, you can thank the NRA. Everything you can't do with firearms you can thank Moses and governments everywhere.

Hello Wayne,

To be a member at our club you must be a member of the NRA, No exceptions.

Tis odd, isn't it?

This ^^^^^

This ^^^

I agree. But what it really comes down to is money. Some are not willing to spend the money to join the fight. One excuse is as good as any. To many calls. To many mailers. Stood for a position I didn’t agree with 20 years ago. Really it’s an excuse not to spend the money.
Hasbeen
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Paul_M

No.....there would still be those who would be just fine to allow others to do the work for them as they sit idol and collect the bennifits

LOL that is what I mean. They are too damn cheap to support the 2A while as you state they sit idle and reap the benefits.
They have a list of made up reasons they use except the real one, they are too fricken cheap.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You are communist. Get the hell out of here!

Hello Wayne,

To be a member at our club you must be a member of the NRA, No exceptions.

Our gun club is 3,000+ members strong. We also require NRA memberships to belong to our club. I'm proud to have been one of our Board of Directiors that unanimously voted in that requirement.

I personally believe that anyone in America who owns a gun SHOULD belong to the NRA! Our Second Amendment would not exist today if it wasn't for the NRA.
[Linked Image]
Not a communist brother, just believe a fella should be able to opt out of the NRA and get off the mind control merry go round.
As long as my safe has firearms in it they will get some of my money. Are they perfect? No, but we do need someone to speak for us in an organized manner.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tis odd, isn't it?

That's a 450ft bomb to straight-away-center – well stated.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Lets go back to post number #1 and take a vote on who gets to define “legit”

Originally Posted by Outbackman

In those immortal words...GFY.
They do spend a bunch of money, I’d say the mailman’s paycheck is safe.

How bout that Einstein who said instead of 5 million should have 40 million comment.

Heck, Thats an easy formula. Lower the price if you are concerned with numbers. Unless the money is primary, its easy to get your support numbers up...it is about representation, right?
[Linked Image]

Too funny, quotes FDR the ultimate socialist and promoter of the power of big government.
FDR on guns
https://newrepublic.com/article/111266/franklin-roosevelt-father-gun-control
Roosevelt’s original proposal for what would become the National Firearms Act of 1934, the first federal gun control law, sought to tax all firearms and establish a national registry of guns. When gun owners objected, Congress scaled down FDR’s proposal to allow only for a restrictive tax on machine guns and sawed-off shotguns, which were thought to be gangster weapons with no usefulness for self-defense.

FDR on personal freedom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Japanese_Americans
The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II was the forced relocation and incarceration in camps in the western interior of the country of between 110,000 and 120,000[5] people of Japanese ancestry, most of whom lived on the Pacific coast. 62 percent of the internees were United States citizens.[6][7] These actions were ordered by President Franklin D. Roosevelt shortly after Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor
I have been an annual member for some years. Decided to become a life member and did so last night. The NRA is not perfect, but they do get some things done. For those that wish to reduce/eliminate junk mail and dunning letters one phone call ends that. My advice to the OP is join the NRA or at least join another pro 2A organization with effective lobbying skills and channels. There is much at stake here. Doing nothing at all will not help. YMMV
"Loco" is the right handle for you. Are you a freeloader or a troll or both? I thought so.
Just got the 5 year membership. Too bad that they don’t have a place to dedicate memberships. I would have named it in honor of
David Hogg. That kid is going to sell a lot of NRA memberships and AR-15s.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
"Loco" is the right handle for you. Are you a freeloader or a troll or both? I thought so.

He's another mental midget intent on giving mohick a run for his money.
I have enough combat scars to show you I ain’t a “freeloader”. Now when you throw the “troll” card its like a liberal saying racist.

This discussions reminds me of Bill Gates wanting taxes increased.

I say the NRA can lower the membership dues to increase the representation numbers and there is nothing to preclude good upstanding members from upping their donations.

Bill Gates can write a check for extra taxes any time but its not about that, folk like y’all are socialist at heart despite how you attempt to maske it with whatever the cause. You want everyone to pay the same and if they don’t they are somehow freeloaders or substandard.

You don’t have to give at church but maybe lead another to Christ, Some may be called to teach youngins about the Constitution instead of joining the NRA.

I personally stopped my NRA membership not because of due cost, or mailers. I stopped it because I received a letter soliciting donation that said “my dues alone were not good enough”.

Current NRA dues could be “crumbs” to some of you Nancy Pelosi types but to some it could be food for their children.

There is no reason to bregrude someone because they don’t subscribe to the “Borg” mindset or agenda. Bad Liberals...Bad!
To begin with, I am a Life Member of NRA, GOA, and Texas State Rifle Association and have been for over two decades.

Anyone remember the NRA backing democrat candidates? My protests were answered with references to NRA being a "single issue" organization. We get Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid as leadership in Congress as a result of this...things like Obamacare and worse follow. I have threatened to wipe my arse with my NRA Life Member certificate and mail it back to them.

Read up on Neal Knox, and discover who took control of the NRA way back when---and don't just read the NRA's version of events. IMO, they are just as much an Establishment fixture as the RNC and DNC. It's all about the money.

If you're a voting member, take a look at the nominating process. I may nominate anyone I like for the Board, but they'll never be on the ballot unless the Nominating Committee approves them. The Nominating Committee is put in place by the Board. If I am reading this right, the entrenched leadership has a deathgrip on the organization. Why would they do that? I wonder if it has anything to do with $$$$$$$$$.

GOA and Second Amendment Foundation get my contributions these days. The NRA already has my money, but they'll never get another NICKEL unless they change up in a big way.
I have enough combat scars to show you I ain’t a “freeloader”. Now when you throw the “troll” card its like a liberal saying racist.

I say the NRA can lower the membership dues to increase the representation numbers and there is nothing to preclude good upstanding members from upping their donations.

Bill Gates can write a check for extra taxes any time but its not about that, folk like y’all are socialist at heart despite how you attempt to maske it with whatever the cause. You want everyone to pay the same and if they don’t they are somehow freeloaders or substandard.

You don’t have to give at church but maybe lead another to Christ, Some may be called to teach youngins about the Constitution instead of joining the NRA.

Bad Liberals...Bad!

JLow, maybe its even more simplified than you believe. We like our guns. We love our guns. We take care of our guns for one day our guns may be needed to take care of us. People with guns (Broward Deputies) who should protect, didn’t protect....This wasn’t a shocker to many of us who know the police aren’t legally bound to be where I am at my moment of danger. Nor are they bound to act to save me.

I, as a human being, am solely responsible for saving my life. Anti-gun individuals want you to think that the police will save you, that’s there job.....Now, the left is having a hard time chewing and swallowing their own words in the face of this tragedy.

Yes, I have stared at the barrel of a gun being held by a bad guy.....But, he was staring back at my S&W 357 on a busy street in Seattle....I won! Police, ambulances and firefighters showed to take this POS into custody.

I am Happy to own, love and protect my family and my firearms....Thanks for your service.

"Any reason not to join the NRA?"

If you own a firearm, or even believe in personal freedom, you should be an NRA member.
Originally Posted by Infidel

Exactly. As others have already mentioned, it is simple and easy to curtail the mail, email, and phone solicitations. Somewhere around twenty years ago, I asked them to stop, and since then, I have gotten exactly ONE phone call. I think that the people who say that they tried and failed are lying. And hating, and freeloading. The really loud and loco haters are working for the anti-gun side.

For NRA members, there is no reason not to join SAF, Second Amendment Sisters (are they still around?), Pink Pistols (are they still around?), JPFO, or any other similar organizations.

If I owned a gun store, you would have to show valid current NRA membership to buy anything.

PERFECT response.
Originally Posted by HitnRun
[Linked Image]

You are communist. Get the hell out of here!

+1

Current NRA dues could be “crumbs” to some of you Nancy Pelosi types but to some it could be food for their children.

Kids are going to have to go on a diet. Donated to the NRA instead. Kids are too fat anyway.
You are preaching to the choir fella.

The issue from post #1 was “legit” reasons for not joining the NRA. The synopsis is the definition of “legit” is subjective. Plenty of support for the 2nd Amendment here in the thread as concerning the NRA but how many are willing to pay an organization to lobby for the right of free speech, to breath, or go to Church.

Its hard to get through that lead helmet, I’m sure.

Originally Posted by Beaver10

Bad Liberals...Bad!

JLow, maybe its even more simplified than you believe. We like our guns. We love our guns. We take care of our guns for one day our guns may be needed to take care of us. People with guns (Broward Deputies) who should protect, didn’t protect....This wasn’t a shocker to many of us who know the police aren’t legally bond to be where I am at my moment of danger. Nor are they bound to act to save me.

I, as a human being, am solely responsible for saving my life. Anti-gun individuals want you to think that the police will save you, that’s there job.....Now, the left is having a hard time chewing and swallowing their own words in the face of this tragedy.

Yes, I have stared at the barrel of a gun being held by a bad guy.....But, he was staring back at my S&W 357 on a busy street in Seattle....I won! Police, ambulances and firefighters showed to take this POS into custody.

I am Happy to own, love and protect my family and my firearms....Thanks for your service.

They do spend a bunch of money, I’d say the mailman’s paycheck is safe.

How bout that Einstein who said instead of 5 million should have 40 million comment.

Heck, Thats an easy formula. Lower the price if you are concerned with numbers. Unless the money is primary, its easy to get your support numbers up...it is about representation, right?

Lower the yearly dues?

It's $25 a year with a coupon code

$2.08 per month or 7cents a day...................with a 12 month magazine subscription

WoW........just WoW
you numb nuts who bitch about too much junk mail had better not be bitching when the tax on guns, ammo and components goes up 500% and semi's get outlawed. like it or not, the NRA is doing the heavy lifting for a lot of you fuggen fudds.
"I am a cheap bazturd, and am all talk and no action"

This is the only reason I can see anyone here not joining the NRA.
Originally Posted by rem141r
you numb nuts who bitch about too much junk mail had better not be bitching when the tax on guns, ammo and components goes up 500% and semi's get outlawed. like it or not, the NRA is doing the heavy lifting for a lot of you fuggen fudds.

laugh
And if you ain’t set for life on weapons, ammo, and components after the first Obama shortage then you are dumber than you look. You are dumber than you look too if you think you will go head to head with the powers that be using your Goshdanged “semi”.

Remington had the right ad. You might study Lyudmila

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko

And if you like to cook then...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_phalloides

If one million redneks take out only 1 enemy per week, I give the battle a week and a half.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by rem141r
Buncha puss nutted ignorant with arrogance fodder for the battlefield, many of you will be.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
"Any reason not to join the NRA?"

If you own a firearm, or even believe in personal freedom, you should be an NRA member.

+1

Would be interesting to know how many of the whiners here can't fork over $40 for a one-year membership.
JohhnyLoco I just posted on another tread. The Biggest Bitchers are the ONES that don't Have a NRA MEMBERSHIP.
The Biggest Bitchers are the ONES that don't Have a NRA MEMBERSHIP.

The biggest losers too grin
we in for the big fight this time.donate and quite bitching, nra,Goa,ccrka and more.they are all trying now.i belong to all of them
I’ve posted too. I don’t bitch nor do I need anything. I also retired at 40 years old so the “loser” thing is out the window.

Not only do I not need anything weapon wise, neither will my great grandkids.

I was a member of the NRA for many decades and gave my all for the Constitution.
© 24hourcampfire