Home
I think we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the border. It would seem to me the cartels control the border. I don't see real progress in securing our nation unless the cartels are removed from the equation. I don't think unarmed National Guard is going to resolve that. Until our military can show up and defend this nation, we need another solution. I think private contractors provides an immediate answer. They would not have the same restrictions of our US Military. Mexico would see it as an invasion I'm sure, but if ever the US needed to intercede in another countries politics it is Mexico. That fish is rotting from the head. I don't know what will be the cure for mexico's en grained, ongoing corruption, but one thing is certain, the current govt is complicit in invading our country with illegals, drugs, and who knows what else. Would anybody be surprised if it came to light mexico helped isis or any other such radical group gain entry to our country? I wouldn't, and I think their actions constitute a hostile neighbor if not a un-declared war. If we took out 3 or 4 of the cartels I don't think the remainder would want to engage. If ever there was a country we need to be actively engaged with, it's mexico. I say turn the contractors loose. Tell them their mission is to bring back heads, and stand behind them with the full support of the US government. Anyone got a better idea? Can we ever be secure if we don't eliminate the cartels control of our border?
Posted By: Gus Re: Securing Our Southern Border - 04/07/18
it's a multi-faceted issue for sure. it's been going on for how many years now? decades actually?

to stop it, there's several alternative approaches. so far, none have worked worth a damn.

stop holding out the golden carrot for one thing. why would a rabbit stick around?

jail folks who hire illegal aliens. we already know that. we don't do much.

farmers would be crying in their beer without illegal workers?

contractors are a viable solution. it could get serious.

county sheriffs have the means, but the will?

we have a breakdown in communication.
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I think we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the border. It would seem to me the cartels control the border. I don't see real progress in securing our nation unless the cartels are removed from the equation. I don't think unarmed National Guard is going to resolve that. Until our military can show up and defend this nation, we need another solution. I think private contractors provides an immediate answer. They would not have the same restrictions of our US Military. Mexico would see it as an invasion I'm sure, but if ever the US needed to intercede in another countries politics it is Mexico. That fish is rotting from the head. I don't know what will be the cure for mexico's en grained, ongoing corruption, but one thing is certain, the current govt is complicit in invading our country with illegals, drugs, and who knows what else. Would anybody be surprised if it came to light mexico helped isis or any other such radical group gain entry to our country? I wouldn't, and I think their actions constitute a hostile neighbor if not a un-declared war. If we took out 3 or 4 of the cartels I don't think the remainder would want to engage. If ever there was a country we need to be actively engaged with, it's mexico. I say turn the contractors loose. Tell them their mission is to bring back heads, and stand behind them with the full support of the US government. Anyone got a better idea? Can we ever be secure if we don't eliminate the cartels control of our border?

Yeah, we can, easily. It will take men of will and backbone, without concern to what the bleeding hearts think.
t
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Yeah, we can, easily. It will take men of will and backbone, without concern to what the bleeding hearts think.

The bleeding hearts need to be addressed simultaneously. On the domestic front very harsh penalties for hiring, harboring illegals. Bureaucrats that fail to enforce our laws need to be held accountable. Jail them until their trial. Start locking up the corrupt politicians, hitting business owners, housing, in the wallet hard for a first offense of hiring an illegal and things could start coming together when coupled with real action to eliminate the cartels. We have to make it worse to be an illegal in the USA than staying in mexico or whatever chithole they come from.
It's the women at Whole Foods, talking about how sad they are for little María Guadalupe.
I never thought about it that way.....an invasion.
Posted By: hanco Re: Securing Our Southern Border - 04/07/18
Make a demilitarized zone about 500 miles into Mexico.

You can't eliminate the cartels unless you eliminate Mexico.

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Travis
I love kids. But, I love American kids first, and figure that my family is first, my country second, and anything else after that gets what's left over.......providing there is any. All of which means that we cannot keep letting people from another country come in here and destroy what was built for Americans. Do what you have to do. If that means harm coming to someone from another country trying to come here illegally, so be it.
Smoke pot, the drug war is lost.
I'm against sending unarmed national guard troops to the border and making them fetch boys for civilian law enforcement. If you're going to send them then arm them and tell them to arrest or shoot anyone coming across the border. Posse comitatus doesn't apply, they're not arresting citizens. Sending unarmed troops as a show of force historically doesn't work, the bad guys figure out what's going on pretty quick and you just set yourself up for something like Beirut in 1983. Either arm them or don't send them.

The real place this has to be fought is with employers in the U.S. Start arresting, prosecuting, and imprisoning employers that hire illegals and it'll stop pretty quickly. Right now the laws are a joke and aren't enforced. The E-Verify system we hear about is a joke, it isn't required to be used and if it is used there are so many federal and state laws designed to nullify the results it's essentially worthless.

I'm glad something is starting to get done, but we've got a long way to go. We've got 40 years of state and federal laws encouraging people to look the other way at the illegal problem and that's going to have to be reversed. Whole state governments like those of California essentially exist to keep the floods coming. Trump's going to have to start cracking some heads to fix it.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I never thought about it that way.....an invasion.

Millions and millions of un invited illegals. Our force at Normandy pales in comparison.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This has worked perfectly before starting with “Executive Outcome” a paramilitary company placed in South Africa to stop the genocide of the TuTsi Clan by a warlord waiting control of the country...ÉO sent in no more than 20 trained special forces operators from various military units ( Not US SPF). Within 2 weeks they had the situation under control and ready to return the governing power back to the rightfully appointed leadership...

The UN heard about how effective this non-government sponsored mercenaries group was at taking control of a very bad situation and the UN and all democratic countries including the US, freaked the Fuuck out and put a stop to it in South Africa. Which resulted in UN Blue Helmets showing up to maintain order, only to have the country fall right back to geocide and slaughter...Then the UN pulled out all together....Then later Blackhawk down happened....

Executive Order, the company was basically forced into bankruptcy since the UN made an international law preventing governments from hiring private military contractors to do the heavy lifting to remove rebel forces in countries....But, the US can do whatever it wants, hence Blackwater...

Would this work on our Tex-Mex border? I would imagine so...Until the dems and liberals starting hearing about all the dead cartel body counts piling up from strategic strikes with Rules of Engagement stating, if it looks like a coyote, it is a coyote and engage without prejudice...Sometimes the children need to be placed in a room with soft toys, while men of war are allowed to handle some serious business that has gotten way outta hand. Just my opinion! 😎
Originally Posted by watch4bear

40% of cartel profits are from weed. Legalize it here and they will take a huge hit to their revenue and, and hence their ability to buy politicians.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

I live in the place that gifted you hairy Reid, southern nevada
What makes up the other 60% of cartel profits? Can we legalize those also?
No great nation ever had an open border.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Sounds like a plan. If we take over Mexico, that would make the wall much shorter, no?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No great nation ever had an open border.

Some people are forcing other people to pay for their wants. They want drugs, cheap labor and votes; and we get to pay for all of it.
What makes up the other 60% of cartel profits? Can we legalize those also?

We have de facto made it legal, that's the problem.

Have you been to Mexico? How many times. I've been to Mexico 36 times. I'm sorry, but you may not understand how far reaching the cartels are and how much money and power they control. There are entire cities where the cartel big shots send their families to live that have very little crime because of it.

Go watch Sicario. And BTW- they were only going after 2 guys. A few contractors are not going to get it done.
You would have to take over the whole country I think...getting rid of a few cartels won't do anything but pave the way for the others to grow...the Mexican corrupt government is the problem...they are the big cartel...
The employer of an illegal is subject to fines and jail time.
Anyone convicted of giving an illegal benefit of a .gov handout should be also.
NO entitlements if they couldn't pass an I-9 .
Local dirt is right I live here on the border and can see Mexico from my mothers house. Corruption is horrible and they have even corrupted some of our Border Patrol and Customs Agents. I went to pic up a buddy of mine that works for the Laredo PD and he was pointing out some of the houses where these drug cartel animals live. Wife , kids white picket fence and all. Thats in Laredo TEXAS! They just cant get them to phug up so they can catch them.
Last month I was going out to the ranch and going thru the B.P. check point I saw 4 guys dressed in white painters garb, handcuffed to a chain linked fence and Agents were pulling out dope in garbage bags out of 5 gal paint buckets with paint dripping off the bags. I pulled out my phone to take a pic but the agent said to put the phone away. Thats what these dirtbag smugglers do for a living fulltime. They steal cars, from this side and before they are reported stolen they are in mexico.
Oh and one more thing , its not only Hispanics crossing, I have seen chinese, russians and to many to name and my buddies in the Border Patrol have found Corans and prayer rugs.But they are not suppose to say anything.
Lucio
I am all in on getting a grip on illegal immigration, and on up-dating legal immigration to fit our needs.

I don't think we should believe that controlling immigration will fix drug trafficking. It won't.

Where we have failed in the "Drug War" is that we only attack one side of the equation, supply. Demand for illicit drugs is ridiculous in America. We need to address that problem. Until we do, we are only driving up the cost of the product, making trafficking that much more attractive to the Narco's.
Originally Posted by shortround3
Local dirt is right I live here on the border and can see Mexico from my mothers house. Corruption is horrible and they have even corrupted some of our Border Patrol and Customs Agents. I went to pic up a buddy of mine that works for the Laredo PD and he was pointing out some of the houses where these drug cartel animals live. Wife , kids white picket fence and all. Thats in Laredo TEXAS! They just cant get them to phug up so they can catch them.
Last month I was going out to the ranch and going thru the B.P. check point I saw 4 guys dressed in white painters garb, handcuffed to a chain linked fence and Agents were pulling out dope in garbage bags out of 5 gal paint buckets with paint dripping off the bags. I pulled out my phone to take a pic but the agent said to put the phone away. Thats what these dirtbag smugglers do for a living fulltime. They steal cars, from this side and before they are reported stolen they are in mexico.
Oh and one more thing , its not only Hispanics crossing, I have seen chinese, russians and to many to name and my buddies in the Border Patrol have found Corans and prayer rugs.But they are not suppose to say anything.
Lucio

And all the sheepocrats are keyed in on Trump boinking Stormy 10 years ago. Fools.
If anyone thinks they will do much good by taking out a couple of the cartels without changing the underlying issues why they exist they are dreaming.

Law Enforcement has been fighting Organized Crime in this country for at least a century or so, and "gangs" more recently also (black, Latino, Asian, and mixed race ones). Has it done much good? Do the crime Familias still exist? Are gangs still running rampant in poor areas of out country?

The demand is there and when one supplier is removed another will replace it, or the existing ones will take over the sales territory.

The illegal immigration problem will only be solved if and when the demand for cheap labor is lessened (not likely as we all want cheap veggies, milk, meat, houses, and clean offices) or the supply of cheap LEGAL immigrant workers is increased by reforming the system. (Please don't tell me we have Americans who need jobs. Hasn't been my experience in over 50 years of living in or near the border or in locations where immigrant labor does the major share of farm, motel, restaurant unskilled labor. Few Americans of any color are willing to do those jobs for the wages offered)

The cartel money making from drug running will only end when demand for those drugs is lessened by ending addiction (not likely as it's been going on in one form or another since man first crushed grapes and figured out what certain plants, toads, etc can provide) or perhaps by legalizing some of them and, I hate to say it, decriminalizing some others.

A "wall", actual or figurative, will be breached or "gone around and under" before it is completed.

If, by Divine Providence, The United States of Mexico were to suddenly have a booming economy, with rising wages and opportunity for the Mexican people to have jobs that provide a standard of living similar to the US, their poor may perhaps stay home and work. Wouldn't you? My wife and I have lived and worked in different locations many times over the years in order to make the money we desired for our lifestyle. It wasn't fun but it was necessary. If we could find good paying work in our chosen careers in the same local we'd have lived in the same place, gladly.

Remember too, that if Mexico did experience the scenario I posited, there are other countries with poor folks still trying to get here, where the "streets are paved with gold".

A wall might be a start. So too, might whacking a few cartel heads. But life will go on as it is unless the real issues are addressed. Too many people making too much money on the situation as it stands, people in this country besides the cartels and corrupt Mexican politicians.

Geno
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Have you been to Mexico? How many times. I've been to Mexico 36 times. I'm sorry, but you may not understand how far reaching the cartels are and how much money and power they control. There are entire cities where the cartel big shots send their families to live that have very little crime because of it.

Go watch Sicario. And BTW- they were only going after 2 guys. A few contractors are not going to get it done.

This may come as a surprise but I do not form my opinions, political or otherwise, based upon a TV show or movie. I'm not certain how to make this more clear, but I'll repeat myself. Lawful entry and exit to our country is essential to homeland security, economic prosperity, and national sovereignty. The cartels threaten our national security. They must be taken out. Regardless of their wealth they take one breathe at a time just like anyone else. They need that interrupted asap. We've done it everywhere else in the world in the name of nation security, time to preform that call when it really counts. Mexico, as it exists today, is one of the largest threats to our sovereignty and security. If you don't have the backbone for that just when does it kick in?

This may come as a surprise but I do not form my opinions, political or otherwise, based upon a TV show or movie. I'm not certain how to make this more clear, but I'll repeat myself. Lawful entry and exit to our country is essential to homeland security, economic prosperity, and national sovereignty. The cartels threaten our national security. They must be taken out. Regardless of their wealth they take one breathe at a time just like anyone else. They need that interrupted asap. We've done it everywhere else in the world in the name of nation security, time to preform that call when it really counts. Mexico, as it exists today, is one of the largest threats to our sovereignty and security. If you don't have the backbone for that just when does it kick in?

Really? And how's that been working out for ya lately... Really.
Posted By: edk Re: Securing Our Southern Border - 04/10/18
I believe the government tit is worse than the people who hire illegals. Those people get in the system and are bleeding it dry. At least the workers serve a purpose. Do not get me wrong as I believe they should all be shipped home. The government leeches are the worst . Ed k

except I'm worried about illegal aliens here, not so much the drug side of it, the fact that they are simply illegal by being here
Until we can convince the Mexican government to help us out they have no incentive to slow down the flow. Those with cash (legally acquired or otherwise) don’t mind staying south of the border. Those without it flee. Mexico is better off looking the other way whether they come from Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Columbia, etc. Add in the fact that our government has no way of knowing which small scale LE in Mexico are owned by (or part of) the cartels and it makes the job that much harder.

I had thought that our previous discussion where you proved to be an idiot may possibly been topic specific. I underestimated how well rounded you are. Really.
Originally Posted by rost495

except I'm worried about illegal aliens here, not so much the drug side of it, the fact that they are simply illegal by being here

It is conceivable that if our boarder wasn't so porous we may have less drugs imported from mexico.
Build a fence along the Mason Dixon line and make the Yankees pay for it.....
Originally Posted by 16bore
Build a fence along the Mason Dixon line and make the Yankees pay for it.....

+1

Add to that, reparations...

DF
Originally Posted by philgood80
Until we can convince the Mexican government to help us out they have no incentive to slow down the flow. Those with cash (legally acquired or otherwise) don’t mind staying south of the border. Those without it flee. Mexico is better off looking the other way whether they come from Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Columbia, etc. Add in the fact that our government has no way of knowing which small scale LE in Mexico are owned by (or part of) the cartels and it makes the job that much harder.

If you only knew how true that was, and at what scale. The answer is HUGE.
You can easily sneak into any major country on earth. Borders aren't what keep people out. Meskins and Chinamen didn't steal your jobs...greedy-ass Americans gave them away. You guys are mad at the wrong people. This country wasn't founded on riches. It was founded on freedom. Unfortunately, it has evolved to the point where the only way to be free is to be rich.
Posted By: pal Re: Securing Our Southern Border - 04/10/18
Originally Posted by edk
I believe the government tit is worse than the people who hire illegals...

This. How crazy are we to offer so many entitlements to illegal aliens? Who could resist?
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I love kids. But, I love American kids first, and figure that my family is first, my country second, and anything else after that gets what's left over.......providing there is any. All of which means that we cannot keep letting people from another country come in here and destroy what was built for Americans. Do what you have to do. If that means harm coming to someone from another country trying to come here illegally, so be it.

^^^+1 so be it! ^^^
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by edk
I believe the government tit is worse than the people who hire illegals...

This. How crazy are we to offer so many entitlements to illegal aliens? Who could resist?

We have to make staying in mesico more attractive than coming to the USA.
AMEN!!
The Chinese spent around 1,000 years, building pieces of their wall, eventually totaling nearly 4K miles over some really steep and rough country. That was a lot of time and treasure expended to keep the unwashed masses out of their country. It worked pretty well for centuries.

So, it can be done. Just takes time and treasure. And, of course, a will to make it happen.

DF
We won't have a nation very much longer. Far too few of the next two generations have regard for this great nation with seemingly little interest in preserving it.
We won't have a nation very much longer. Far too few of the next two generations have regard for this great nation with seemingly little interest in preserving it.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
The Chinese spent around 1,000 years, building pieces of their wall, eventually totaling nearly 4K miles over some really steep and rough country. That was a lot of time and treasure expended to keep the unwashed masses out of their country. It worked pretty well for centuries.

So, it can be done. Just takes time and treasure. And, of course, a will to make it happen.

DF

But what happened to someone when they made it over and were discovered,?
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

But what happened to someone when they made it over and were discovered,?

Catch and release, don't ya think...

grin

DF
You can easily sneak into any major country on earth. Borders aren't what keep people out. Meskins and Chinamen didn't steal your jobs...greedy-ass Americans gave them away. You guys are mad at the wrong people. This country wasn't founded on riches. It was founded on freedom. Unfortunately, it has evolved to the point where the only way to be free is to be rich.

Founded on freedom and built by slave labor...

I had thought that our previous discussion where you proved to be an idiot may possibly been topic specific. I underestimated how well rounded you are. Really.

It is conceivable that if our boarder wasn't so porous we may have less drugs imported from mexico.

RichardAustin, You really do not have a clue here. Beefing up the border may help with the illegals, but it's not going to stop the cartels. To do that would mean cutting off the head of the snake, and I've yet to see anyone in my life in DC willing to do that. Cartels=LEO=Govt officials.

Maybe try in the future to speak about subjects you actually know more about, instead of throwing rocks at someone that does.
Originally Posted by 16bore

Founded on freedom and built by slave labor...

Yeah, they were free to own slaves AND pump their own gas
[quote=RichardAustin]I think we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the border. It would seem to me the cartels control the border. I don't see real progress in securing our nation unless the cartels are removed from the equation. I don't think unarmed National Guard is going to resolve that. Until our military can show up and defend this nation, we need another solution. I think private contractors provides an immediate answer. They would not have the same restrictions of our US Military. Mexico would see it as an invasion I'm sure, but if ever the US needed to intercede in another countries politics it is Mexico. That fish is rotting from the head. I don't know what will be the cure for mexico's en grained, ongoing corruption, but one thing is certain, the current govt is complicit in invading our country with illegals, drugs, and who knows what else. Would anybody be surprised if it came to light mexico helped isis or any other such radical group gain entry to our country? I wouldn't, and I think their actions constitute a hostile neighbor if not a un-declared war. If we took out 3 or 4 of the cartels I don't think the remainder would want to engage. If ever there was a country we need to be actively engaged with, it's mexico. I say turn the contractors loose. Tell them their mission is to bring back heads, and stand behind them with the full support of the US government. Anyone got a better idea? Can we ever be secure if we don't eliminate the cartels control of our border?

RichardAustin, You really do not have a clue here. Beefing up the border may help with the illegals, but it's not going to stop the cartels. To do that would mean cutting off the head of the snake, and I've yet to see anyone in my life in DC willing to do that. Cartels=LEO=Govt officials.

Maybe try in the future to speak about subjects you actually know more about, instead of throwing rocks at someone that does.[/quote]

[color:#330000]Call me a glutton for punishment. Regardless of your apparent confusion, I'm going to ask you to respond. How in the hell did you come to your immediately before mentioned conclusion predicated upon the content of my above statements? First off, no where did I offer "beefing up the boarder". I am calling for defending our boarder. If that entails sending troops, then put me on record as saying a good use of resources. Should it only takes a dozen people capable of remotely protecting our entire southern border, I'm fine with that as well. The goal is simple, protect the border, you know, like us tax payers have done for Korea and Germany. Next, point out where even remotely I have suggested border security was going to stop the cartels. Lets not confuse my having said we need border security, and we need to take out the cartels. Those are two independent statements describing individual acts for the purpose of obtaining the same goal. It was not suggested either individual act would be the entire solution. I'm sure there are many other actions that would need to be included.

Throwing rocks? I noticed how amused you were sitting in the dirt playing with rocks for hours on end. I just tossed you a few more toys.
[b][/b][font:Times New Roman][/font][/color]
Go fuqq yourself. It's not worth my time to explain it all to you. Go back to doing what you do best, you liberal fuqqing troll.
If the cartels are controlling our borders, I would think a couple drone strikes now and then on their homes in Mexico would be ok. They're killing Americans with their drugs, we should be able to reciprocate.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
If the cartels are controlling our borders, I would think a couple drone strikes now and then on their homes in Mexico would be ok. They're killing Americans with their drugs, we should be able to reciprocate.

Of course, not P.C.

But, bet it would work. All those guys understand is brute force.

DF
You guys are a barrel of laughs!
© 24hourcampfire