Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I think we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the border. It would seem to me the cartels control the border. I don't see real progress in securing our nation unless the cartels are removed from the equation. I don't think unarmed National Guard is going to resolve that. Until our military can show up and defend this nation, we need another solution. I think private contractors provides an immediate answer. They would not have the same restrictions of our US Military. Mexico would see it as an invasion I'm sure, but if ever the US needed to intercede in another countries politics it is Mexico. That fish is rotting from the head. I don't know what will be the cure for mexico's en grained, ongoing corruption, but one thing is certain, the current govt is complicit in invading our country with illegals, drugs, and who knows what else. Would anybody be surprised if it came to light mexico helped isis or any other such radical group gain entry to our country? I wouldn't, and I think their actions constitute a hostile neighbor if not a un-declared war. If we took out 3 or 4 of the cartels I don't think the remainder would want to engage. If ever there was a country we need to be actively engaged with, it's mexico. I say turn the contractors loose. Tell them their mission is to bring back heads, and stand behind them with the full support of the US government. Anyone got a better idea? Can we ever be secure if we don't eliminate the cartels control of our border?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's a multi-faceted issue for sure. it's been going on for how many years now? decades actually?

to stop it, there's several alternative approaches. so far, none have worked worth a damn.

stop holding out the golden carrot for one thing. why would a rabbit stick around?

jail folks who hire illegal aliens. we already know that. we don't do much.

farmers would be crying in their beer without illegal workers?

contractors are a viable solution. it could get serious.

county sheriffs have the means, but the will?

we have a breakdown in communication.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I think we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the border. It would seem to me the cartels control the border. I don't see real progress in securing our nation unless the cartels are removed from the equation. I don't think unarmed National Guard is going to resolve that. Until our military can show up and defend this nation, we need another solution. I think private contractors provides an immediate answer. They would not have the same restrictions of our US Military. Mexico would see it as an invasion I'm sure, but if ever the US needed to intercede in another countries politics it is Mexico. That fish is rotting from the head. I don't know what will be the cure for mexico's en grained, ongoing corruption, but one thing is certain, the current govt is complicit in invading our country with illegals, drugs, and who knows what else. Would anybody be surprised if it came to light mexico helped isis or any other such radical group gain entry to our country? I wouldn't, and I think their actions constitute a hostile neighbor if not a un-declared war. If we took out 3 or 4 of the cartels I don't think the remainder would want to engage. If ever there was a country we need to be actively engaged with, it's mexico. I say turn the contractors loose. Tell them their mission is to bring back heads, and stand behind them with the full support of the US government. Anyone got a better idea? Can we ever be secure if we don't eliminate the cartels control of our border?

Yeah, we can, easily. It will take men of will and backbone, without concern to what the bleeding hearts think.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
t
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Yeah, we can, easily. It will take men of will and backbone, without concern to what the bleeding hearts think.

The bleeding hearts need to be addressed simultaneously. On the domestic front very harsh penalties for hiring, harboring illegals. Bureaucrats that fail to enforce our laws need to be held accountable. Jail them until their trial. Start locking up the corrupt politicians, hitting business owners, housing, in the wallet hard for a first offense of hiring an illegal and things could start coming together when coupled with real action to eliminate the cartels. We have to make it worse to be an illegal in the USA than staying in mexico or whatever chithole they come from.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's the women at Whole Foods, talking about how sad they are for little María Guadalupe.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I never thought about it that way.....an invasion.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Make a demilitarized zone about 500 miles into Mexico.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You can't eliminate the cartels unless you eliminate Mexico.

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love kids. But, I love American kids first, and figure that my family is first, my country second, and anything else after that gets what's left over.......providing there is any. All of which means that we cannot keep letting people from another country come in here and destroy what was built for Americans. Do what you have to do. If that means harm coming to someone from another country trying to come here illegally, so be it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Smoke pot, the drug war is lost.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm against sending unarmed national guard troops to the border and making them fetch boys for civilian law enforcement. If you're going to send them then arm them and tell them to arrest or shoot anyone coming across the border. Posse comitatus doesn't apply, they're not arresting citizens. Sending unarmed troops as a show of force historically doesn't work, the bad guys figure out what's going on pretty quick and you just set yourself up for something like Beirut in 1983. Either arm them or don't send them.

The real place this has to be fought is with employers in the U.S. Start arresting, prosecuting, and imprisoning employers that hire illegals and it'll stop pretty quickly. Right now the laws are a joke and aren't enforced. The E-Verify system we hear about is a joke, it isn't required to be used and if it is used there are so many federal and state laws designed to nullify the results it's essentially worthless.

I'm glad something is starting to get done, but we've got a long way to go. We've got 40 years of state and federal laws encouraging people to look the other way at the illegal problem and that's going to have to be reversed. Whole state governments like those of California essentially exist to keep the floods coming. Trump's going to have to start cracking some heads to fix it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I never thought about it that way.....an invasion.

Millions and millions of un invited illegals. Our force at Normandy pales in comparison.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This has worked perfectly before starting with “Executive Outcome” a paramilitary company placed in South Africa to stop the genocide of the TuTsi Clan by a warlord waiting control of the country...ÉO sent in no more than 20 trained special forces operators from various military units ( Not US SPF). Within 2 weeks they had the situation under control and ready to return the governing power back to the rightfully appointed leadership...

The UN heard about how effective this non-government sponsored mercenaries group was at taking control of a very bad situation and the UN and all democratic countries including the US, freaked the Fuuck out and put a stop to it in South Africa. Which resulted in UN Blue Helmets showing up to maintain order, only to have the country fall right back to geocide and slaughter...Then the UN pulled out all together....Then later Blackhawk down happened....

Executive Order, the company was basically forced into bankruptcy since the UN made an international law preventing governments from hiring private military contractors to do the heavy lifting to remove rebel forces in countries....But, the US can do whatever it wants, hence Blackwater...

Would this work on our Tex-Mex border? I would imagine so...Until the dems and liberals starting hearing about all the dead cartel body counts piling up from strategic strikes with Rules of Engagement stating, if it looks like a coyote, it is a coyote and engage without prejudice...Sometimes the children need to be placed in a room with soft toys, while men of war are allowed to handle some serious business that has gotten way outta hand. Just my opinion! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Smoke pot, the drug war is lost.

40% of cartel profits are from weed. Legalize it here and they will take a huge hit to their revenue and, and hence their ability to buy politicians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

I live in the place that gifted you hairy Reid, southern nevada

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What makes up the other 60% of cartel profits? Can we legalize those also?

MOLON LABE

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No great nation ever had an open border.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Sounds like a plan. If we take over Mexico, that would make the wall much shorter, no?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No great nation ever had an open border.

Some people are forcing other people to pay for their wants. They want drugs, cheap labor and votes; and we get to pay for all of it.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
What makes up the other 60% of cartel profits? Can we legalize those also?

We have de facto made it legal, that's the problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 13 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.