Home
Executive Director
United Sportsmen of Florida
NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why.

They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation.

That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.
My Cabela's chest beat the YETI (YUPPI) hands down anyway.
Well, this is the good ol' US of A, right.

Don't like something................vote with your feet. Which apparently is what Yeti, or their corporate owners, has/have decided to do in regards to supporting the NRA Foundation.

Now................it's our turn to vote with our wallets....................not hard for me, as I've yet to purchase a Yeti product............ Doubt I ever will now.

Geno
Yup, everyone should rebel and take their coolers down to the range and blast holes in them and [bleep]-can any of their products bought in the past, refusing any further dealings with the company!

Would really show them....

Phil
I can think of other brands that are close or better coolers for less money (simply because they aren’t charging for the name tag) that I would rather support.

Orca
Rtic
Ozark Trail (wal mart’s Brand)
Grizzly
Magellan
Cabelas

Others I’m missing?
They want to distance themselves from the NRA, but are too spineless to say so publicly.
I think they were hoping that no gun owners would notice.
Most likely no one would have noticed it, except the NRA called them out on it.
People/companies like that are worse than the ones who go public with their stand.
If no one had ever noticed, next thing you know they will be taking the money they made off hunters who bought their product and donating it to anti gun organizations.
Yeti

MADE IN CHINA
I'm so mad I'm gonna quit buying the Yeti knock offs at Wal Mart!
Why buy YETI when Walmarts house brand , Ozark Trail , is the exact same thing for 1/3 the price ?

Mike
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Why buy YETI when Walmarts house brand , Ozark Trail , is the exact same thing for 1/3 the price ?

Mike

Because they used to support the NRA.
Originally Posted by philgood80
I can think of other brands that are close or better coolers for less money (simply because they aren’t charging for the name tag) that I would rather support.

Orca
Rtic
Grizzly
Magellan
Cabelas

Others I’m missing?

pelican, better hardware........bob
Never been on any list of mine so no loss.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Mike

Because they used to support the NRA.

Horse piss.

Mike
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Yup, everyone should rebel and take their coolers down to the range and blast holes in them and [bleep]-can any of their products bought in the past, refusing any further dealings with the company!

Phil

Better yet: every Yeti cooler owner should fill that chest full of cow schitt and mail it to their Austin headquarters.
Yeti is HUGE! They are being pressured by lots of knockoffs. I saw their big mugs in Thailand for under $5 and they had pallets of them.

Yeti has been big at SHOT for the Last couple years especially. I wonder how they will deal with that.
Anyone use a Cordova cooler made in idaho? Was told there quality coolers. If I’m wrong about being in idaho please let me know.
I did not need another reason to NOT buy a 350.00 cooler ,but there it is. Sorry Yeti...

Phil

I dunno about taking out what I have... but we won't buy more. Most folks ignore the fact that this is EXACTLY how you get someones attention, numbers of folks refusing to do business with them. Its a shame most are too lazy to even WANT to attempt to do some GOOD against idiots.

I suspect most people have been brainwashed by the liberal thought train unfortunately.
I never bought into their over priced s h I t. Fug yeti. Yeti sticker f a g s......
Thanks for posting. No Yeti's for me.

Phil

Moron. ^^^
I think they tried to keep it on the down low.....been rumbles of it for a month and a half:

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/yeti.3949725/unread
I did buy a RTIC....... 60qt. It's heavy as hell loaded but works!
I bought a brand new Yeti 60qt cooler for $50.00. My buddies son was stationed in the Philippines and they sold for $50.00 there. Pretty good mark-up huh?
I did have to pay an extra $100.00 for shipping. So I am into it for $150.00 and that is about what it is worth.
People pay stupid money for a cool brand? WTF a fool and his money will soon part.......
Yeti is too expensive to NOT be on my schit list.
Originally Posted by irfubar
I bought a brand new Yeti 60qt cooler for $50.00. My buddies son was stationed in the Philippines and they sold for $50.00 there. Pretty good mark-up huh?
I did have to pay an extra $100.00 for shipping. So I am into it for $150.00 and that is about what it is worth.
People pay stupid money for a cool brand? WTF a fool and his money will soon part.......

Except, what you got is not actually a Yeti... a knock-off is just a knock-off and does not have to match Yeti specs...
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by philgood80

Orca
Rtic
Grizzly
Magellan
Cabelas

Others I’m missing?

pelican, better hardware........bob

Canyon, got it gifted to me.
Between coolers, cups, mugs etc. we probably have a dozen Yeti products in our home. There will never be another Yeti item purchased by family due to this action.
[bleep] Yeti....over priced Chinese made crap!
Originally Posted by strosfann
Between coolers, cups, mugs etc. we probably have a dozen Yeti products in our home. There will never be another Yeti item purchased by family due to this action.

You should send them an email and state the reasoning behind your decision. In fact we all need to... I wonder just how many 18 year kids are going to buy any of their premium priced products..... The answer is none....
I have had bad blood with Yeti for a long time. They are a perfect example of what’s wrong with America. They started making their products by Texans in a factory by the Texas Coast in Seadrift Texas. Their commercials were guys filling up boats with ice and chit at the gas station in Port O’Oconor Texas, the same gas station I filled my boat up at almost every weekend. Then after they get a solid anchor with American Sportsman (fisherman and hunters) they sneakily moved production to China and the Phillipenes and bump their profits probably 500% all the while pedaling the American name. Sorry but I won’t buy a Yeti for nothing.
Yeti is on their way out anyway. They held the niche market for a bit but now they're done. The schit they're peddling is no different than Ozark Trail.
It take's a real idiot to spend that much on a cooler anyway.
Originally Posted by wyoming260
I did not need another reason to NOT buy a 350.00 cooler ,but there it is. Sorry Yeti...

yup

Phil

if you opt to wear the cooler over your head......I'm in! jk, I hate wasting bullets or coolers.

besides I don't have any Yeti products, looks like I never will either.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

So which one did you buy?
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart

So which one did you buy?
None but I know you did.
Nuh-uh.

You did.
I have 2 Yeti coolers. Great coolers...

But didn't buy either of them. I just won't spend that much on a damn ice chest.
I bet RTIC will be happy to slide into YETI's place
I only own one Yeti (a 20 qt Roadie) and it just so happens that I got it at a Friends of the NRA banquet about 4-5 years ago. It works fine, but is so big and heavy for such a small capacity, that I usually just grab the Igloo Playmate.

If I had a need for another LARGE heavy cooler right now, it would be a Bison or Rtic. Both better than a Yeti, both cheaper.

Hope Yeti has good luck trying to sell 45 qt coolers to the libs to put in the back of their Subaru...
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Except, what you got is not actually a Yeti... a knock-off is just a knock-off and does not have to match Yeti specs...

If it is a Yeti knock off, it is a very good one?

My point is they are over priced but the fan boys love them, are you a fan boy ?

I just googled it and Yeti's are made in the Philippines as well as the USA
A bunch of models are made in the Philippines so I would gather you got the same thing a guy buys here in the states for $399
Vibe Element Cooler for $169 has turned out to be an excellent Yehti knockoff with some nicer features. I ended up buying a second one...😎
I'll stick with my $25 Igloo.
I collect them from garage sales and estate sales when needed. Easier to pack and move when full. Currently have @6 on hand or the basic igloo type.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

If it is a Yeti knock off, it is a very good one?

My point is they are over priced but the fan boys love them, are you a fan boy ?

I just googled it and Yeti's are made in the Philippines as well as the USA

The only Yeti products I have were given to me by Yeti at SHOT... I have used them quite a bit and they work extremely well, but so have several different brands of essentially knock-offs. Because of their prior support at SHOT and other sporting groups I had no ill feelings toward them. They changed that!
For the price of a yeti cooler you can buy a small chest freezer and a generator.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
For the price of a yeti cooler you can buy a small chest freezer and a generator.

That sounds about right. And both of them have more than one use.
Another good ultra cooler maker is Engel. Lifetime Products (located and does all manufacturing here in Utah) just came out with a super-insulated 55-gallon cooler for $90. A 30-gallon is in design right now.
I'm sure it was a business decision on Yeti's part. The NRA is toxic to the majority of Americans. It's the times we live in but the NRA has nobody but itself to blame.
Toxic to the majority of Americans. You know a lot you might not know.
I don't buy their stuff anyway.
I said 4Q to them when I saw their $200 cooler. My Coleman works fine.Yuppy bait.
Originally Posted by Paddler
I'm sure it was a business decision on Yeti's part. The NRA is toxic to the majority of Americans. It's the times we live in but the NRA has nobody but itself to blame.

Not nearly as much as quack doctors.

But while we are at it, how about you just give us one example of any crime the NRA is responsible for?
If Yeti is located in Austin Texas it's no big surprise they are going over the hill. The town is nuts. They probably got a tax break for dropping the NRA. The only thing I own is a Yeti drink container. I won't be getting any more things of theirs.
I am glad I went with RTIC. And I hope RTIC and the rest are all listening.
Originally Posted by RickBin

I know lots of businesses down here that deal Yeti.

A couple I know of are the type to drop them by Monday.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Paddler

Not nearly as much as quack doctors.

But while we are at it, how about you just give us one example of any crime the NRA is responsible for?

So, who said they committed any crimes? I said they were toxic to most Americans. That's especially younger voters, most of whom absolutely hate the NRA. Association with the NRA is bad for business in this day and age. Whether or not they committed any crimes is an open question, didn't they funnel Russian money to the Trump campaign?
You know what Paddler likes to funnel?

COCK!
I just bought a new Academy branded 55 Qt Magellan cooler in Mossy Oak CAMO for $140 on sale. Just a as good or better than the Yeti for a third of the price.
I’ve still got a Yeti Tumbler that I use for Ice Tea. But my Wallyworld branded Ozark Trail version works just as good. No more Yeti Crap for me.
I have 3 or 4 of the stainless Yeti bottles and they make awesome water jugs during the summer months. Fills them up in the evening and leave in fridge overnight.

No need for a cooler, they stay cool on their own all day.

Bought a jumbo RTIC version for keeping calf milk warm and it is okay but I much prefer the lid/threads on the Yeti.
(I like the RTIC coolers though, soft and hard.....stay calm Flave)

Drunk ordered a whopper Yeti $50 bottle opener. It is unhandy. Lives in the junk drawer.

I won't buy anymore of their chit.
I gotta see this bottle opener.
I've paid 25K for a rifle, but WONT give 500 bucks for a damn ice chest, never bought into that BS anyway, and to hell with commie yeti for damn sure now.

Dude next time you are driving through da Point, stop by and I will gift it to you.

Or give me your address.

Seriously.

It is 3/4 of a pound, that's like 24 oz's!

Dug through the drawer and found a Rtic opener as well.
(lame)

My fav is the Ace hardware paint can opener, it lives on the counter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Phil

Moron. ^^^

Tannerite
Originally Posted by kingston

Phil

Moron. ^^^

Tannerite

YouTube
Forget Yeti. RTIC is worth every penny. Love my RTIC 45.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

LOL
We obviously need to get Mathman in here to settle this.....lol

Did anyone else just get the Yeti 'catalog' in the mail?

Fess.

The storybook catalog with cool pics and travels.

Decent attempt at selling.
We obviously need to get Mathman in here to settle this.....lol

Did anyone else just get the Yeti 'catalog' in the mail?

Fess.

The storybook catalog with cool pics and travels.

Decent attempt at selling.

No. Guess you have to buy the $50 bottle opener. wink

Dude next time you are driving through da Point, stop by and I will gift it to you.

Or give me your address.

Seriously.

(lame)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Them's some pretty high tone openers Sam.

I used this old rusty one I found camping about 40yrs ago until recently when Jim Conrad sent me the fancy PBR opener.
Took me a while to figure out how to use it.....apperently one end is for opening cans.

[Linked Image]
Sam, don’t take this as a smart ass remark, but 3/4 of a pound ain’t 24 oz’s.
Originally Posted by lastround
Sam, don’t take this as a smart ass remark, but 3/4 of a pound ain’t 24 oz’s.

Truth, but i thot he was making a yoke. Of course, he may have already downed a few, in which case, he wont give a dayom or remember it tomorrow.
grin
Im happy to report, i am too cheap to have been suckered into buying a Yeti, yet. wink
Wonder if JimShocky will stop adds on his show??? If he still is pushing them?? Don't get the out door channels anymore. GWP Guy,🐾👣🐾👣🐾👣

[Linked Image]

The business end of that tool has no business opening much of anything.

However, make a fist and it might beat a roll of quarters for a crack to the jaw.
Charlie, that right there is a fine collection!

A good bottle opener should allow effortless movement.

Jag, of course you know it's Saturday night and all is alright....lol

Hands down, best bottle/ can opener.

[Linked Image]

Small enough for keyring.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Hands down, best bottle/ can opener.

[Linked Image]

Small enough for keyring.

That’s a pretty cool one! 😎
I have two Yetis that I bought at the SHOT when they first came out. One is a discontinued model. They will NOT honor the warranty. I told them it has a lifetime warranty. They just told me that they don't support that model anymore. So much for warranty work.

I bought 25 of the 105 QT Yetis about 5 years ago for a bunch of buddies. When it was all said and and done, I didn't end up with a single one! Got a better deal buying 25 though. There are a LOT of good knock-off coolers out there now. None of us should even want to buy a Yeti. They are over priced and now treasonous.
Charlie, that right there is a fine collection!

A good bottle opener should allow effortless movement.

Jag, of course you know it's Saturday night and all is alright....lol

the rusty bottle opener is stamped Weiland Brewery which started in the 1800's. It has a pretty cool history.

http://www.oldbreweries.com/breweri...eweries/john-wieland-brewing-co-ca-369c/

The one Jim sent me is pretty old too.....I mean how long has it been since Pabst made beer in bottles that weren't twist off or cans without a pop top. He found it at a thrift store of yard sale IIRC.
Originally Posted by gunner500
I've paid 25K for a rifle, but WONT give 500 bucks for a damn ice chest, never bought into that BS anyway, and to hell with commie yeti for damn sure now.

Gunner: post a pic of your $25k rifle...I want to see that beauty! 😎
I've never had any interest in buying any of their overpriced schitt.
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I have two Yetis that I bought at the SHOT when they first came out. One is a discontinued model. They will NOT honor the warranty. I told them it has a lifetime warranty. They just told me that they don't support that model anymore. So much for warranty work.

I bought 25 of the 105 QT Yetis about 5 years ago for a bunch of buddies. When it was all said and and done, I didn't end up with a single one! Got a better deal buying 25 though. There are a LOT of good knock-off coolers out there now. None of us should even want to buy a Yeti. They are over priced and now treasonous.

Dennis,

whats a good cooler now? I've always slummed the colemans or igloos

Sycamore
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

I bought 25 of the 105 QT Yetis ..... Got a better deal buying 25 though. .

True...I bought one from a guy on E -Bay that had bought a bunch for gifts to his company's vendors and was selling the extras.
I think I saved about $75 IIRC......a good cooler but still over priced even with his bulk discount.

I won't buy any more of their stuff but I don't see how destroying the one I have like some have suggested would punish Yeti.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Or a pic of 25 of your $1000 rifles!

Sycamore
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Sycamore

Ha...Either works for me, Syc...But, seeing his $25K rifle will make me sit up straight with both feet on the floor. 😎
YETI is simply a private equity firm that purchased YETI in 2012. They could care less about warranty requests on older models. I may be a stupid yankee but I'm a frugal one. I never saw the attraction to a $350 dollar cooler in the first place. It's up to Sportsman and women to blackball YETI now and drive them under.

We are working hard here to drive Dick's Sporting Goods out of business. It's time for us to all start playing for keeps.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Sycamore

PM me a cell number 10X and I'll shoot ya a cell text of a couple of them today, have the other one well covered to Syc.
Originally Posted by Harry M
YETI is simply a private equity firm that purchased YETI in 2012. They could care less about warranty requests on older models. I may be a stupid yankee but I'm a frugal one. I never saw the attraction to a $350 dollar cooler in the first place. It's up to Sportsman and women to blackball YETI now and drive them under.

We are working hard here to drive Dick's Sporting Goods out of business. It's time for us to all start playing for keeps.

Mash their damn guts out HM! smile
Anyone tried the new Lifetime coolers they are selling at Wal Mart for $99? Looks pretty darned good for the price.
Originally Posted by RickBin

I'm happy with my RTIC, got it on sale for $80.
Hopefully, this will be the nail in the coffin for Yeti and a wake up call to other companies. Sportsmen are what made Yeti.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Anyone tried the new Lifetime coolers they are selling at Wal Mart for $99? Looks pretty darned good for the price.

I thought we were supposed to hate Wal Mart too.

Dam....this chit's hard to keep up
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

I thought we were supposed to hate Wal Mart too.

Dam....this chit's hard to keep up

which one has free shipping? grin blush

any one that has not tried a cooler of this type.......has no idea of how well they work......yes they are pricey, but it will be the last you ever buy.

I like the pelican brand coolers......have 3......bob

Or give me your address.

Seriously.

(lame)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I used this old rusty one I found camping about 40yrs ago until recently when Jim Conrad sent me the fancy PBR opener.
Took me a while to figure out how to use it.....apperently one end is for opening cans.

[Linked Image]

i am familar with both of those from a different age, prior to poptop beer cans. The top one often called a "churchkey" for the youngins on here.
girls in my generation would sharpen the can opener side, and carry it behind the big western belt buckle on their jeans. You didn't come up and grab them from behind, they could reach down grab that little device, and rip a face pretty good. Self defense item.
Yeti....is as rare as the real one in the moutains,in my gear pile!
"Churchkey" I had forgotten that one. Always had one in the car and tackle box back then. Could double as a "can opener" in a pinch.
I handled the new Lifetime Products 55-qt cooler at a sportsman's show last month. They just introduced it and sold two trailer loads of them there for $90 each. People were lined up for them. Roto-molded, good gaskets, good handles, and ice retention as good as any other on the market. Next up is a 30-qt model that I'm waiting for.
Originally Posted by fester
I did buy a RTIC....... 60qt. It's heavy as hell loaded but works!

I got one. Love it.

No YETI for me. Too many others available just as good without the price. They can see how well their coolers work in Hell as far as I'm concerned.
Originally Posted by BobMt

any one that has not tried a cooler of this type.......has no idea of how well they work......yes they are pricey, but it will be the last you ever buy.

I like the pelican brand coolers......have 3......bob

Just like a good business, I look at it in the cost/benefit analysis mode.

I own several other ice chests already. They serve my needs quite well, in other words they keep block ice and my food cold for the duration of my usual trips. Dry Ice added when necessary to extend storage time.. Small cooler used for daily needs limits the number of times entry to large chest is necessary. Present day cost to own = $0

New "Yeti" type cooler. Seems I've seen reference to a lower cost model on here for +/- $80. Cost to purchase one to fill a need that doesn't exist= $80. On the cheap end.

The math just doesn't work out for me.

I'll likely live out my days without a spendy cooler..........................unless I win one at a Friends event, or NWTF, or such.

Geno

PS, or perhaps I find one in the backcountry that fell out of someone's pickup and it's unmarked with now way of finding the owners?
Any cooler w/o a lash on the drain plug is a non-starter for me.
Well, Walmart has turned their back on gun owners too.
If any of you feel so inclined, use the same tactics that the communists are using against the NRA and gun manufacturers: demand that Academy Sports stop selling Yeti products. The CEO, J.K. Symancyk:

[email protected]
Yeti is getting blown up on Facebook right now.

RTIC has posted a picture of the Second Ammendment in their Facebook page.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Yeti is getting blown up on Facebook right now.

RTIC has posted a picture of the Second Ammendment in their Facebook page.

Good, let the pain hurt Yeti.
Forgot I downloaded this yesterday, just for Flave.

Mine just fell apart. Normal use.

[Linked Image]
Damn right, video?!
Originally Posted by 257heaven

[Linked Image]

Darn shame.

If you have a Facebook profile, please share the post-mortem pic of the unfortunate demise of your Yeti product on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Yeti/
Damn right, video?!

No. I was just drinking and that happened. What a piece of [bleep] product!
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

[Linked Image]

Darn shame.

If you have a Facebook profile, please share the post-mortem pic of the unfortunate demise of your Yeti product on their Facebook page:

They would just delete it. I posted it it on another friend's thread, and I'm sure a couple of my liberal relatives that haven't already unfriended me will unfriend me. But I don't give a [bleep].
Anybody here have cable or satellite TV?
Damn right, video?!

No. I was just drinking and that happened. What a piece of [bleep] product!

Inexcusable.....
Would make more sense to buy the Ozark Trails and send the 2/3's you saved to the NRA.
My Yeti has nearly paid for itself just by the number of Colemans or Igloos that it would have taken to last this long. Its been a great cooler! But its a shame that Yeti has turned their back on gun owners. I'll not destroy my cooler out of spite but I doubt that I will buy anymore of their products.

[Linked Image]

Love it!!
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

[Linked Image]

Darn shame.

It doesn't appear to be going well for them.
Forgot I downloaded this yesterday, just for Flave.

Sam,

you ought to wear that Yeti opener out from using it, just to show them! It should be shot in 80-120 years!
Bigfoot would kick Yeti's ass.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

I don't know about all that. Where else can you buy a box of 243 shells for four bucks.
What everyone needs to do is put their yetti stuff up for sale cheap and flood the market and take away sales from yetti..
Brilliant crazy
For what it is worth I called Yeti and asked them if they are no longer doing business with the NRA.

The gentleman I spoke with told me that is absolutely NOT true. They changed their discount program (for everybody not just the NRA). The NRA can still buy anything they want under the new discount program. He also told me he is an NRA member, hunter, and ex-military.

Again, take it for what it is worth but that is what I was told five minutes ago.
coleman will keep cool just as long in oklahoma heat.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Another good ultra cooler maker is Engel. Lifetime Products (located and does all manufacturing here in Utah) just came out with a super-insulated 55-gallon cooler for $90. A 30-gallon is in design right now.
You have a link to this $90 cooler because I don't see it on their website.
Originally Posted by Mike70560
For what it is worth I called Yeti and asked them if they are no longer doing business with the NRA.

The gentleman I spoke with told me that is absolutely NOT true. They changed their discount program (for everybody not just the NRA). The NRA can still buy anything they want under the new discount program. He also told me he is an NRA member, hunter, and ex-military.

Again, take it for what it is worth but that is what I was told five minutes ago.

yes

But that would rob all the tin-foilers from their narrative on here. If you post facts and/or first person accounts you'll be put on Ignore.

Got to chuckle about all these ranters. They'll claim (brag) about spending $50k on a new yeehaw D-ildorado chevy truck but shun anyone for spending $300 on a cooler.

knee jerk reaction to any whiff of rumor

Hell hypocrites shop at the Food Lion too, but I still go in there.
lmfao
Originally Posted by slumlord

yes

But that would rob all the tin-foilers from their narrative on here. If you post facts and/or first person accounts you'll be put on Ignore.

Got to chuckle about all these ranters. They'll claim (brag) about spending $50k on a new yeehaw D-ildorado chevy truck but shun anyone for spending $300 on a cooler.

lmfao

Thank you.
Meh, I think yeti is a douche bag brand. Kinda like the cowboys that wear bedazzled jeans.
Originally Posted by DollarShort

I don't know about all that. Where else can you buy a box of 243 shells for four bucks.

I'm talking about their refusal to sell guns to anyone under 21 and not selling MSRs anymore.
Originally Posted by DollarShort

Throw in another $20 and you can buy the same scartridges in Alaska’s Walmarts. Must be the freight...
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

$97 at Walmart, I ordered one this morning.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey-90820/850043843
Someone further back mention $4 for .243 ammo?? confused

Must have been a once in a lifetime clearance sale or you ain't been in a walmart in 30 yrs.

even turdy-turdy "shales" are $20 at the Ten-O-Cee walmarts.
Yeti Announcement

Pick a side.

I guarantee you if I was Yeti and what they are saying is true I would be looking for a retraction from Marion Hammer and then the NRA.

And if Yeti is telling the truth, all this crap did was hurt the credibility of the the NRA and other associations that blindly sent it out.
The NRA can KMA

Liars
I dont know what the truth is but it sure seemed stupid to me to pizz off outdoor sportmen as they are about the only folks crazy enough to pay what the get for a cooler.
What exactly was the official NRA statement?
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I dont know what the truth is but it sure seemed stupid to me to pizz off outdoor sportmen as they are about the only folks crazy enough to pay what the get for a cooler.

The simple fact is that Yeti did indeed end affiliation with the NRA as a supporter.

While they may say they support hunters and the 2nd Amendment, it does not say that they are NRA supporters any longer. It clearly says they pulled out of the program the NRA had.

Me thinks Yeti is just covering up the mess in their litterbox now.
Yeti statement from their FB page.
[Linked Image]
The bottom line is, they pulled out of the "Friends of the NRA" program.

Just like the other companies did.

While they may spin their words, the results are the same as when Enterprise Renta Can pulled out.

They also say the "Feature Hunters pursuing their passions".... BS. The 2nd ain't about hunting.

They pulled out, and are now facing the consequences.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The bottom line is, they pulled out of the "Friends of the NRA" program.

Just like the other companies did.

While they may spin their words, the results are the same as when Enterprise Renta Can pulled out.

They also say the "Feature Hunters pursuing their passions".... BS. The 2nd ain't about hunting.

They pulled out, and are now facing the consequences.

BINGO!
Damage is done, they won’t ever recover. Hopefully Cabellas pulls their products and ships it back. Fuggem
Even if it were true, they picked a bad time to make that decision and include the NRA. Fuggem..
Until the new discount is available to compare to the old we do not know what the change really is. As Yeti's statement makes it sound like there may have been a steep increase in cost for the products to the NRA, NRA may still be correct.

I do know several Yeti dealers that all say they are the most idiotic company to deal with and they do a horrible job delivering product, their billing system is completely dysfunctional, and their basic understanding of common business practices is missing. It is amazing they got as frigging huge as they did.
https://www.yeti.com/contact-us.html

Contact them. Voice your opinion.

yes

lmfao

$300 for a cooler. You gotta be chitting me. I got this big RTIC on sale for 150. Its too big and heavy for more than hunting camp and keeps ice as well or better than my brothers Yiddy.
Originally Posted by JTman
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

$97 at Walmart, I ordered one this morning.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey-90820/850043843
I thought he was referring to Engel coolers? Might have to look into those Lifetime coolers. Thanks.
I think a lot of coolers work better if we just take a few precautions. First I always have an old wool blanket in my vehicle. I fold it up and lay it on the top of the cooler. After a while the bottom of the blanket is cold. Anything to insulate the cooler. Also keeping it in the shade. Making sure that stuff is cold before you put it in. I have seen people put warm beverages in a cooler and add ice. If it is cold first it will stay cold longer. Also unsing the enough ice.
From another forum:

"Given the current state of the situation, if YETI is supportive of the NRA, they need to come out and say exactly that. None of this bull about "supporting the second amendment". That statement is next to meaningless without specific direct action. They are trying to refute a claim that they do not support the NRA. If this claim is false, then say "we support the NRA". It's really just that simple."

"They knew exactly what they were doing at their store and thought they could get away with it until they got called out. Now ending their NRA relationship their lame excuse is the NRA can have the same deal everyone other organization can garner with them to put logos on products so they are on the same level as the Brady bunch to add a logo."
There is always this,
https://www.[bleep].com
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ronnie
Just saw where Pelican is donating $10 to the NRA for every cooler bought.
Never bought a Yeti(way overpriced), and now, never will. Pelican works - I have one for serious chit.

I have used $26 dollar Colemans for most of my needs for the last 8 years, transitioning 600 miles between the Kenai Peninsula and Kotzebue -
good packers- never a wine bottle broken, or a caribou or fish product thawed in transit. Them airline people are tough on coolers, but what is $26 where weight is important?

All 3 that I bought back then are going strong, all with dented in/broken corners. But heck, they only have to work right for 24-48 hours in case of delays..

Too many folks are into high end expensive products they don't really need, except for bragging rights.

but it is nice they are out there for folks that truely need them and have the money to spend on them.

F'k Yeti.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Just saw where Pelican is donating $10 to the NRA for every cooler bought.

Laughing, talk about capitalizing on your competitors mistakes. Yeti is getting the full boot treatment, and they don't seem to realize it. How would you like to be the VC funding that cluster.
I'll never buy a Yeti for a number of reasons. Now one more.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

yes

lmfao

$300 for a cooler. You gotta be chitting me. I got this big RTIC on sale for 150. Its too big and heavy for more than hunting camp and keeps ice as well or better than my brothers Yiddy.

jaguar, what size for $150?
About 6" by 6" ?

Or give me your address.

Seriously.

(lame)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Doncha just hate this new fangled tecknial stuff? smile
Someone further back mention $4 for .243 ammo?? confused

Must have been a once in a lifetime clearance sale or you ain't been in a walmart in 30 yrs.

even turdy-turdy "shales" are $20 at the Ten-O-Cee walmarts.

They were Perfecta. Got them last month on the bottom shelf on closeout. Look like 100gr Corelokts. I only bought one because my rifle likes lighter bullets.
But...they also had Winchester Varmint X in 223 and 22-250 for $5 a box. So I grabbed all six of the 223.
Also had a bunch of 9mm that I should have got a few of.
ttt
I need to rent a vehicle in Colorado Springs in June. Is there a car rental outfit that has not dissed gun owners?
Originally Posted by Hastings
I need to rent a vehicle in Colorado Springs in June. Is there a car rental outfit that has not dissed gun owners?

No.

But the rental comes with a Yeti in the trunk, though...
Is there an official "banned" list of vendors somewhere? I can't keep up with all of them.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Is there an official "banned" list of vendors somewhere? I can't keep up with all of them.

All vendors are banned. All of them. That's easy to remember.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

All vendors are banned. All of them. That's easy to remember.

I dunno.

I forge my own path.

I couldn't care less what other people do. But personally, I won't do business with those that made their fortunes on a certain marketing type, and then turn around and stab the people that brought them to the dance in the back.

That includes Yeti, Dicks, and a few others...

It's no surprise that Target stores are liberal cucks. I knew that from the start. But to throw crap in the faces of the people that made you successful is another thing entirely. Like the Dixie Chicks, or Tim McGraw... They can KMA.

I keep a running list in the back of my mind.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

All vendors are ASSES like me should be banned. All of them. That's easy to remember.

fixed
Originally Posted by JTman

Made in the USA (Utah)
© 24hourcampfire