Home
The one in Lonoke, Arkansas has gone back to selling guns. If I recall correctly, they quit in the mid 1980's. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, they have put a gun rack in the sporting goods area and the guns are back. miles
I like Walmart...
Wooo - Hoooo! You're a lucky man, Miles!
They took all firearms out of our store ~ 15 years ago. A friend, working in receiving, told me it was because of "internal loss" (employee theft) - so, instead of firing the workers, and prosecuting them, they quit carrying firearms in this store.
Don't know if we'll ever see them back! They still have much the same workforce.
The Walmarts in this area sell firearms.
Ours never quit selling them.
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Same here.
Our local WM sells guns......and they're across the river in WA.....go figure.
Originally Posted by RS308MX

Same here.

Here as well, except Ar’s..
No handguns, no AR's. But other guns.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Same here. In New York.
They still do around here
Posted By: EdM Re: For all of you Walmart haters - 05/16/18
Ours has 'em. Picked up a Bergara Creed' last week.
Originally Posted by milespatton
The one in Lonoke, Arkansas has gone back to selling guns. If I recall correctly, they quit in the mid 1980's. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, they have put a gun rack in the sporting goods area and the guns are back. miles

Bet they won't sell ya a gun if you are 18-20 years old

Mike
I’ll continue to give my money to real arms dealers, even if I have to pay more.
They still sell guns here.
Originally Posted by SandBilly
I’ll continue to give my money to real arms dealers, even if I have to pay more.
You want a medal ?
Posted By: GeoW Re: For all of you Walmart haters - 05/16/18
Savannah being a Negro haven..none of the Walmart stores sell guns.

g
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You want a medal ?

I guess, I’ll mail it to you and you can stick it up your ass.
You want a medal ?

Bring it in person and I'll shove it down your throat.
You can find all kinda stuff at Walmart if you know how to look.
L
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=rcbs

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=leupold

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=nightforce
Still here.

I remember years ago. Like 25+. Walmart here was the “small store”. Not supercenter. Had a big sporting goods section. I remember a whole Aisle of pay by the pound plastic baits. Mix and match.

And Mann’s?? Frog leg leather trailers.
You want a medal ?

It’s never not funny to read how you’re gonna whip someone’s ass on the internet, we’ve read it before. Your mom wouldn’t let you come out anyway. Inbred.
You want a medal ?

It’s never not funny to read how you’re gonna whip someone’s ass on the internet, we’ve read it before. Your mom wouldn’t let you come out anyway. Inbred.
My 75 yr. old mom would kick the shyt out of you too. Puzzy. Here's an idea for you brainiacs. If you boycott enough stores that don't sell the right kind of guns to the right people, maybe you can put all the places that sell guns out of business. Wouldn't that be great ?
Maybe, but at least I’d leave you a little brother or sister..
Originally Posted by mark shubert
They took all firearms out of our store ~ 15 years ago. A friend, working in receiving, told me it was because of "internal loss" (employee theft) - so, instead of firing the workers, and prosecuting them, they quit carrying firearms in this store.
Don't know if we'll ever see them back! They still have much the same workforce.

How do you know they didn't fire anyone? Calling BS on this. If it was internal, head's rolled. People get canned for a lot less serious infractions at Wal-Mart. I've worked for Wal-Mart for over 15 years. There' s more to this "internal" issue, you can bet on it.
A fella'd need some balls to do that so obviously you're SOL..
A fella'd need some balls to do that so obviously you're SOL..

Right, so you’d have to cough em up. It’ll work out.
Our local WalMart sells guns, just not black guns and not if you are under 21.
Originally Posted by EdM

At a Wal-Mart???

Never seen anything except for a Savage Axis or some thing similar.
You want a medal ?

Well, a gold medal would be nice. smile

from what Blckheart told me that would only make you about even... grin

Originally Posted by jaguartx

Well, a gold medal would be nice. smile

But if anyone wants Purple Ribbon with it, its not something that arrives in the mail.
Originally Posted by gophergunner

How do you know they didn't fire anyone? Calling BS on this. If it was internal, head's rolled. People get canned for a lot less serious infractions at Wal-Mart. I've worked for Wal-Mart for over 15 years. There' s more to this "internal" issue, you can bet on it.

The same woman worked there for several more years - and so informed me. One woman was transferred out of jewelry (for theft) - and STILL works there!
You want a medal ?

Now that's a good one!

The same woman worked there for several more years - and so informed me. One woman was transferred out of jewelry (for theft) - and STILL works there!

Nope. Don't believe it. Sorry. They don't keep thieves around. Something's not adding up here.
You want a medal ?

Come on boys....is any of this necessary?

Sorry guys, but the prize goes to sheriff Teasle....

"I'm gonna get that son of a bitch and I'm gonna pin that Congressional Medal of Honor to his liver!"

warning;Teasle dies trying (in the book) and gets his ass seriously shot up by an M60 in the movie... blush
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by EdM

At a Wal-Mart???

Never seen anything except for a Savage Axis or some thing similar.

It used to be, and might still, that wal-mart would order guns from the manufacturer or distributors that weren't carried in store. They had a catalog behind the counter. And the employee working in sporting goods sometimes wasn't aware of it either. If the gun you wanted was in the catalog, you could order it.
Ours sells them, but they are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality arms. I consider most of them a 2x4 with a pipe sticking out of it. I'd never buy a gun there, although I have bought clay pigeons and some sticky targets there.
Wal Mart carries what sells.

Most of the stores out west carry reloading supplies also.
No handguns
No AR's
Nobody under 21
Wal-Mart has been at the forefront of selling commie chink wares and has been the model for every industry to do so.

IDGAF about anything else they do.

PS: Blackshart couldnt fight out of a wet paper bag. Even a chink one....
Originally Posted by deflave

This ^^^

Are they only selling guns to those 21 and up?
Wal Mart isn't selling the most popular gun in America right now - the AR15. They sell the Mini-14, but not the Mini-30. Go figure.

Nope. Don't believe it. Sorry. They don't keep thieves around. Something's not adding up here.

Our local managers don't have any cojones, and don't want to be recognized for bring inept - therefore keep it under the covers. Many locals are multi-generational political family members (think 200 years, or so of crooks who taught Louisiana and Chicago politicos a thing or two) We've had NO one who is willing to stir this pot. I KNOW the woman who got transferred from jewelry, KNOW how she got caught, and passed through her check-out register just yesterday!

Our local managers don't have any cojones, and don't want to be recognized for bring inept - therefore keep it under the covers. Many locals are multi-generational political family members (think 200 years, or so of crooks who taught Louisiana and Chicago politicos a thing or two) We've had NO one who is willing to stir this pot. I KNOW the woman who got transferred from jewelry, KNOW how she got caught, and passed through her check-out register just yesterday!

Mark I wondered if it might be something like that. Appalachia got nothin' on Northern New Mexico when it comes to shenanigans.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Wal Mart isn't selling the most popular gun in America right now - the AR15. They sell the Mini-14, but not the Mini-30. Go figure.

My info is several years old, but I remember reading that Wal Mart is the largest seller of firearms and ammunition in the U.S.

I was just in Wal Mart last friday. They did indeed have a Ruger Mini-14...for almost $700!! Why would anyone in their right mind pay that for a Mini-14 when they can have a quality AR-15 for approx. $100 more?? And that being the case, you think that adding the Mini-30 makes sense?
Wal Mart sell a lot of guns.

If your local Wal Mart sucks, you might want to look at demographics and not a chain store.
I have only ever been to one Wal-Mart.

To be honest, I thought they were all the same.

About the same, some will have products or services that others won't.
You want a medal ?

Now that's a good one!

I thought so. +1
They got rid of the black rifles here but still sell long guns for certain and iirc think they have handguns too. But I run In to get mobile 1 in the jug and run out just as fast
Our Super Center has always sold guns and reloading components. I know that it is Campfire P C to put down Walmart shoppers and employees but that’s just arrogance.

What I see is many people working instead of being on welfare and I’m not going to make fun of them.
Arrogance is west coast harbors filled with Chinese freighters full of [bleep].

Seems like Walmart stores around my area have always gone with whichever way the political winds on guns are blowing at the time.

Back in the '80s and ( IIRC ) maybe a little into the very early '90s local Walmart stocked all kinds of handguns, rifles and shotguns but then pulled the handguns and completely quit selling them forever soon after some kind of big nation wide stink in the news over handgun sales.

They did the same with the Black Talon ammo too and sold all their stock of it off at super discounts after the big stink over them but continued to stock other less headline news worthy ammo.

Some local Walmart stores completely quit stocking any and all modern firearms for a few years during the mid 2000s but then brought them back again and then added a bunch of AR/AK style firearms when they became so popular and such big sellers. A while back they quit stocking the AR/AK style center-fire rifles again after the most recent stink over their ease of availability.

Ammo selection used to be fairly good too but now they only stock basic, common calibers, brands and styles in center-fire and same with rim-fire and shotgun ammo.
Like em or hate em, one thing certain, they didn't become the worlds largest retailer by luck, or being stupid.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Absolutely. I think it was two years ago they had six packs of floating goose decoys for 69.99

Before I retired, I traveled the Entire State of Arkansas, and have been in most Walmarts that were open at the time. Huge difference in what they stock. At the time that I retired, only one in Arkansas carried reloading components and that was at Paragould, Ar. The one at Ash Flat, ar. had Cattle panels and salt blocks, fencing material, etc. where most had paving stones and garden stuff. Long time ago, maybe still that way, the one In Texarkana, ar. sold modern rifles but not muzzleloaders, and the one in Texarkana, Tx. carred muzzleloaders but not modern rifles. NW Arkansas walmarts had bridles and other horse related stuff in the pet department, and other places did not. This is the first one that I have seen bring back rifles, after quitting selling them. I heard, but do not know for sure that the black rifle being discontinued was from lack of sales after Trump was elected. miles
Who's a Walmarts?
I've a Woodman's for food and booze, and a Fleet/Farm for everything else, including AR's. Wal-Mart's only worthwhile if you need to find the true ghetto trash of the world.
Every time we go to Walley World, it’s 200.00 gone.
Originally Posted by hanco
Every time we go to Walley World, it’s 200.00 gone.

$200...?

Hell that ain't nothing. Come with me to Costco and I'll show you how to turn $200 gone into $700 gone.

Either way you'll fill a suburban and be left with a stack of empty cardboard boxes. 😀
If you are going to Walley World, you got to get up early. That’s the only way to beat the Gimmie Dats. You see trashy people out the ass in the Walmart’s around here.
Our Walmart's sell firearms, just not AR's
Originally Posted by hanco
If you are going to Walley World, you got to get up early. That’s the only way to beat the Gimmie Dats. You see trashy people out the ass in the Walmart’s around here.

That must be a Texas thing.

Mike
Thing is, here in Arkansas, if you don't shop at walmart, you either do without, spend a lot of gas looking for stuff, or order on line. Lots of other stores, that have little that I want or need. I do not know how they stay in business. miles

It's the store manager's call. When our local WalMart was managed by a personal friend, he ramped the sporting goods to the best I've ever seen. When he left, it became a mere shadow of its former self.
Thing is, here in Arkansas, if you don't shop at walmart, you either do without, spend a lot of gas looking for stuff, or order on line. Lots of other stores, that have little that I want or need. I do not know how they stay in business. miles

That's what people hate about WalMart, putting the little man out of business.
The little man put himself out of business. Around here at least. They quit carrying what you want to buy and stock up on what they want to sell. If you want something different, they will order it for you. Hell, I can order it. I used to try to buy local, but you can't do it. Even the new Tractor dealers, have no parts in stock, including bearings. The old ones have some stuff, maybe left over old stock. The new model that they learn in collage, does not work for small town America. Maybe for big business, I don't know. Mom and Pop went out of business when JR. took over. miles
We have a relatively new super center here. They've sold guns since day 1.

They just announced a new service that they're remodeling for - online grocery sales. You go online and order what you want and set a pickup time. They will put together your order and it'll be waiting for you when you arrive. They'll even load it for you. No extra charge. I can see that appealing to people on the run or who don't want to cart 3 small kids around in a store. It won't appeal to those who like to handle everything they buy.
Posted By: KFWA Re: For all of you Walmart haters - 05/17/18
if its $20 difference between Wal-Mart and a gun shop, I'm buying at the gun shop.

Same here.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We have a relatively new super center here. They've sold guns since day 1.

They just announced a new service that they're remodeling for - online grocery sales. You go online and order what you want and set a pickup time. They will put together your order and it'll be waiting for you when you arrive. They'll even load it for you. No extra charge. I can see that appealing to people on the run or who don't want to cart 3 small kids around in a store. It won't appeal to those who like to handle everything they buy.

Local Walmart grocery has offered the order online service for around a year now and it seems to be fairly popular so far. You place order online, they pull it, you pickup it all up at a drive-thru, and they load it into your vehicle for you. Our daughter-in-law buys almost all of their groceries that way now. She says it's been both a time and money saver for them. Time saved formerly spent wandering the store looking for particular items and then waiting in long lines at check-out and money saved by not buying a lot of impulse items. She does seem to make trips to Walmart more often now though than before since starting to use the grocery pick-up service. I can also see how it could be a handy service for elderly, those with health and/or physical limitations and pretty much everyone during flu season.

Personally I much prefer to pick out our groceries myself. For obvious reasons I would imagine store employees have been instructed to pull items with the nearest expiration dates first. I seriously doubt too they much care about going to the trouble and time to pick out the best looking, freshest meat, produce, fruit, etc. when pulling orders, either.

My biggest gripes about Walmart is probably their lack of staffing and they seem to constantly move items from one place to God knows where. Most departments seldom have clerks on site and of course the 20+ check-out lanes with maybe 4 to 6 open.

Posted By: whit Re: For all of you Walmart haters - 05/18/18
In the 1990s, Walmart went to one of the larger toy manufacturers and told them that they would buy x number of dolls at a certain price. The only way for the manufacturer to reach that price was to ship production to China. The Walmart price on the shelf for that doll was much cheaper than other stores were selling it for. I know this because my mother worked in the Toy Dept of a local retailer. Every year, she would accompany the buyers to NY for the big toy shows to help decide what would be purchased for the upcoming year. She had sales reps. tell her that was how Walmart was getting such low prices.

Walmart did this to many companies. They promised large orders if the manufacturer would meet their price point. Many smaller retail chains couldn't compete with the Walmart price.
I go to Wal-Mart three or four times a week and I never go to Wal-Mart.

Let me explain. Three or four years ago they built a new Wal-Mart neighborhood market a mile from my house. It is great. It is clean, extremely well stocked, always has most checkout counters staffed AND plenty of self checkouts for when things are busy. It is a cinch to pop in and buy a few items a few times a week. Most trips inside the store are measured in a few minutes. I once realized that we were out of ketchup right as we sat down to eat. Seven minutes later I was back and sitting down with a bottle of ketchup. It also has the side benefit of being the best place in town to watch soccer moms in yoga pants.

But since they opened that one, I haven’t been in one of the larger superstores in town more than once or twice. I buy the groceries at th Neighborhood Market and anything elsewhere.
They have smaller stores too?

Like the size of a regular grocery store?

Wild.

Whats next? Wal Mart gas stations?

I've never heard of Wally World not prosecuting shoplifters whether they worked for them or not. There's often a cop car parked in front to take some kid downtown for stealing some makeup or something. I'd have a hard time believing they don't prosecute employees who steal from them either and certainly would not retain them. Sound like fake news to me.

Wild.

Not sure if serious.
Yes. All I have ever seen is the super store.

I was curious if they had smaller stores too. Thats what it sounded like you described.

Wild.

Not sure if serious.

If you're talking about something the size of a Quik Trip or so, nope, no joke at all. There was an article about it a couple of years ago in a trade magazine. Whether the idea is going to be tried, is being tried, or was tried is something I don't know. I'll get bored sooner or later and google fu the answer.

Same as in OK although the offering is somewhat limited.
Well, if we had a choice anymore, we would shop locally with a lot of Mom and Pop stores, but Walmart put all of them out of business 10-15 years ago. When it comes to guns and ammo, though, most of the local guys have hung on because Walmart doesn't stock much (except ammo) that people who seriously hunt and shoot a lot will buy.
my brother worked there for a few yrs in sporting good, he got a pretty good discount on guns. a couple ended with me after i bought them from him.
I'll gladly spend more money to support a real gun shop. I guess if WalMart is your only choice, its your only choice.
We don’t hate Walmart. We hate going there!
My issue with Whalemart is they come into relatively small towns and open up their Super Centers with groceries and take the business away from the locals who have owned the grocery stores for generations. I'm talking mostly MN lake rat tourists that helped the mom and pop shops survive. Now they all go to Whalemart. As far as buying a gun there, nope. Not me.
The one here has the cheapest diesel around but I really hate going in there. The driveways were designed by idiots. They have a number of blocked left turns so to get out, you have to wander through the parking lot. You know what a Walmart parking lot is like. If I have a trailer in tow, I won't go in there for any reason.

I go to Wal-Mart three or four times a week and I never go to Wal-Mart.

Let me explain. Three or four years ago they built a new Wal-Mart neighborhood market a mile from my house. It is great. It is clean, extremely well stocked, always has most checkout counters staffed AND plenty of self checkouts for when things are busy. It is a cinch to pop in and buy a few items a few times a week. Most trips inside the store are measured in a few minutes. I once realized that we were out of ketchup right as we sat down to eat. Seven minutes later I was back and sitting down with a bottle of ketchup. It also has the side benefit of being the best place in town to watch soccer moms in yoga pants.

But since they opened that one, I haven’t been in one of the larger superstores in town more than once or twice. I buy the groceries at th Neighborhood Market and anything elsewhere.

Walmart pretty much had to do something like that because Family Dollar but more so Dollar General and their larger Dollar General Market stores that stock fresh meat, produce and fruit, canned, packaged and frozen foods, laundry and personal products, were starting to put a noticeable hurt on Walmart's bottom line. Buy exactly what you want at usually comparable to sometimes even cheaper prices than Walmart, pay for it and leave versus trying to find a parking spot somewhere in a acres size parking lot, wandering around in their huge crowded store, waiting in long check-out lines.

Dollar General = less time wasted inside store = less likely to spend more than you intended.

A couple of examples:

This week Dollar General has had Coke and Sprite on sale at three 12 packs for $8.00 plus another $1.00 off with their cyber coupon = $7.00 for three 12 packs.
Walmart's price for Cokes - 24 pack - $7.48.

Back in early winter Dollar General had Wolf brand chilli for $1.00 a can. (I bought all they had on the shelf.)

There are several neighborhood markets around here. Nice and clean. None of them are in colored neighborhoods.
They must not have the small stores in Montana.

I guess I do remember seeing a fuel pump at a Sam's Club once.
Just about all Walley’s here have gas pumps, even the neighborhood markets.
Posted By: KFWA Re: For all of you Walmart haters - 05/18/18
Originally Posted by whit
In the 1990s, Walmart went to one of the larger toy manufacturers and told them that they would buy x number of dolls at a certain price. The only way for the manufacturer to reach that price was to ship production to China. The Walmart price on the shelf for that doll was much cheaper than other stores were selling it for. I know this because my mother worked in the Toy Dept of a local retailer. Every year, she would accompany the buyers to NY for the big toy shows to help decide what would be purchased for the upcoming year. She had sales reps. tell her that was how Walmart was getting such low prices.

Walmart did this to many companies. They promised large orders if the manufacturer would meet their price point. Many smaller retail chains couldn't compete with the Walmart price.

you left out the part where they ramped up production for Wal-Mart , then next year Wal-Mart demanded they drop their price 10% or they'd find someone else

good read about retailers who dealt with Wal-Mart and what was left of them afterwards

https://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you-dont-know

The only reason to go into a Walmart .....

is to set the potato chip aisle on fire.

True in Albuquerque as well, but thus far they have not resumed selling black guns, which seems stupid to me.

Most gun stores seem to report that is a major part of the current market.

Otherwise, there is not much in the gun area that I would buy there other than ammo and camping equipment. wink
I live in a town that is mostly poor. Before Nafta we were a factory town. We have a WM supercenter. The things they sell in our store are geared to what poor people buy. They do sell guns and always have. Mostly cheaper guns but they will order anything in their catalog. I have ordered several from them. 35 miles away in Jonesboro, AR where the market is wealthier they sell to that demographic. Instead of just Savage and Marlin they have Browning and Weatherby too. They have better clothes and higher quality food. I like Walmart I can go there and get most of what I need.
Originally Posted by deflave

Most of the stores out west carry reloading supplies also.

The one in Gaylord, MI does also. Bought my reloading press there.
© 24hourcampfire