Home
What an ass, he evinces the same schitty attitude as current Houston PD Chief Art Acevedo:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/op...calls-for-gun-sense-Opinion-12953822.php

By Tony Leal
May 30, 2018

For the past 34 years, I’ve carried a gun as part of my work to defend the U.S. Constitution.

My deep respect for the rights we all share has been shaped during more than 25 years in the Texas Department of Public Safety, including serving as chief of the Texas Rangers, and now as president of my own private security firm.

Despite having risked my life defending our constitutional rights — including the right to legally possess firearms - I now stand convinced that we must change our country’s gun laws for the good of us all: We, the people.

This is not a position I take lightly. My father was a Marine and a supervisor with the Texas Department of Corrections who carried a gun. I spent countless days as a kid in South Texas hunting with my rancher uncles, who still openly carry weapons to protect themselves and their property.

My brother recently retired after a long, proud career as a police officer. My son is a Marine veteran who defended our country in Iraq. He’s now a Texas Ranger and carries a gun every day to protect fellow Texans.

I know the important role legal firearms play in our society, but I’ve also been there for scenes like we all saw following the recent killings at Santa Fe High School.

I was at the scene during the shootout and fire in Waco that killed nearly 80 people.

I was in Fort Davis for the Republic of Texas standoff, which ended with their surrender and the death of one of their followers. We found enough bombs and ammunition to support an army.

I was in Atascosa County nearly 20 years ago when three officers were murdered and two others were shot by a man who had several high-powered rifles. He killed himself as we were closing in.

I have seen with my own eyes the destruction caused by dangerous, man-killing weapons, including guns with high-capacity magazines. Who can reasonably argue that someone needs a magazine that holds 30 rounds of ammunition for hunting deer?

Our laws reasonably agree that you are free to own a pistol to protect your home, and a rifle and shotgun to hunt. I’m saying we need changes to the law that would prevent unqualified people from having access to military-grade weapons designed for killing multiple adversaries in combat.

If you want to possess a more dangerous weapon, a man-killing weapon, then we should demand that you have a proper license. Such a license may include requirements for training, drug testing and continuing education.

If you do something adverse to the safety of others, like being chronically intoxicated or committing domestic violence, then you should lose your license because we, the people, cannot trust you. We must prevent these weapons from ending up in the hands of people who are bent on taking lives.

Events like Santa Fe and last year’s church shooting in Sutherland Springs are devastating to the surviving families, their communities and society in general. No one should have to go through that.

Since last year, Texas has seen four mass killings that claimed 49 lives and injured more than 40 others. It is heartbreaking and chilling how routine these tragedies have become despite our shared outrage. That is why now is the time for us to stand up and reclaim our rights and privileges as guaranteed by the Constitution. ((edit - WTF?!))

My decision to support stricter standards for gun possession is not publicly shared by many people who I know and love. A lot of those who agree with me are afraid to say so for various reasons. Regardless, I can no longer endorse the status quo, which makes access to a dangerous weapon easier than applying for a driver’s license.

Through the years, our country has matured and evolved in many ways. That includes changes to our laws that have been demanded by we, the people, by clarifying ambiguity, conforming to present truths, and following what we know to be right.

When the law no longer protects our right to “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,” decency demands that we responsibly challenge the status quo by making much-needed changes.

Leal is the former chief of the Texas Rangers and current president of PPI Security in Houston.
I'd guess his PPI Security clients include enough communists that he has to say such schit to stay in business.
Remnants of Joaquin Jackson...

But this one is a liberal Mexican that made Ann Richards proud.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Remnants of Joaquin Jackson...

But this one is a liberal Mexican that made Ann Richards proud.

That says it all, right there.
That guy needs to go. Total scumbag. The Second Amendment has nothing whatever to do with hunting, and only marginally has anything to do with home defense. It's predominantly about the right of the people, in a nation that's governed only by the people's consent, to maintain parity in arms with any standing army the Federal Government chooses to maintain, thus constituting an insurmountable bulwark against central government tyranny.
" That includes changes to our laws that have been demanded by we, the people, by clarifying ambiguity, conforming to present truths, and following what we know to be right."

"Our laws reasonably agree that you are free to own a pistol to protect your home, and a rifle and shotgun to hunt. "

I'll be preaching to the choir here in noting that there are a couple of fallacies present there.

"Present truths"?

"reasonably agree" ? "hunt"?

First, what truths have changed for the present? Those we hold to be self evident?

Next, hunt? where in hell in any of our major founding documents do they mention hunting?

Even having been taught in "liberal" parochial schools (in regards to some social issues) I learned that the purpose of the 2A is to provide the means to wrest power from the hands of tyrants should we need to do so again.

And this joker was the Chief of the TX Rangers? Appointed or elected position. If elected, I certainly hope the Texicans will not repeat that.

Geno
Leal was a Richards era token Meskin.

His ranger area can easily be seen on the election map. It's that blue area along the Rio Grande.

Richards also started letting women into the Texas Rangers. That went over like a turd in the punchbowl.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That guy needs to go. Total scumbag. The Second Amendment has nothing whatever to do with hunting, and only marginally has anything to do with home defense. It's predominantly about the right of the people, in a nation that's governed only by the people's consent, to maintain parity in arms with any standing army the Federal Government chooses to maintain, thus constituting an insurmountable bulwark against central government tyranny.

AMEN Brother!!!!!

Mark in GA
There are public servants in politics, LE, and the military, who are devoted to defending our Constitutional rights from enemies foreign & domestic.

Then there are enemies, in this case domestic.

How his status as former head of Texas Rangers makes him credible here I don’t know. He demonstrates a level of ignorance as to the purpose of the 2A held by Leftists... that is, those whose ignorance of history leaves them doomed to repeat it.
Originally Posted by MarkinGA

AMEN Brother!!!!!

Mark in GA

That's the liberal lie... That the 2nd Amendment is for hunting.

They keep poking us, they'll find out exactly what it's for...
This guy is what you call a "domestic enemy" of the Constitution.
Leal needs to GFH.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Exactly.
For a man who claims to protect the Constitution, he clearly doesn't understand it.
I was at the scene during the shootout and fire in Waco that killed nearly 80 people.

And he believes the 2nd amendment is about hunting and "a pistol in the home for protection". How ironic.

If you do something adverse to the safety of others, like being chronically intoxicated or committing domestic violence, then you should lose your license because we, the people, cannot trust you.

Guess he missed the part where that is already a disqualifier.

Events like Santa Fe and last year’s church shooting in Sutherland Springs are devastating to the surviving families, their communities and society in general. No one should have to go through that.

....church shooting in Sutherland Springs, which was stopped by a......civilian with one of those "weapons of war".

I was in Fort Davis for the Republic of Texas standoff, which ended with their surrender and the death of one of their followers. We found enough bombs and ammunition to support an army.

If only bombs were illegal....like we should make "weapons of war". Wait....

Does this idiot even listen to himself?
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Exactly.

At least he's not on the NRA Board like Joaquin Jackson.

Talk about stupidity voting...
And I'm sure that he would still be able to carry and own "military grade" firearms even with his proposed "improvements" to the law.
Originally Posted by mauser416
And I'm sure that he would still be able to carry and own "military grade" firearms even with his proposed "improvements" to the law.

Once a Texas Ranger retires, Texas DPS gives them a commission to carry a gun for the rest of their life.

So... He's a hypocrite too.
Fu-k Him, he needs to call for his brain back, if he ever had one!
He ain't any different than this guy...

https://betofortexas.com/

Running for senate on a gun control platform... Against Ted Cruz.

Good luck with that. (Cruz is leading Beto by double digits.)
The poison running out of Austin needs to be thoroughly bleached!
Originally Posted by gunner500

I'm in. smile
After the Orlando shooting the media called for better training to own an "assault rifle". Then it came out the shooter was a contract security trained trigger puller and they shut up. A better trained shooter can kill more people than an untrained one.

[Linked Image]
For those that don't know, Rangers are what DPS calls highway patrolman when they make detective.
Sounds like ole Tony loves himself some Tony.
Just more feel good rhetoric that doesn't solve anything from a city boy.

Or in other words.......F U C K him.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
For those that don't know, Rangers are what DPS calls highway patrolman when they make detective.

LOL!

Yeah, that's the way it is now.

It used to be an earned position. Like when they made Ray Martinez a Ranger after he killed Charles Whitman in the UT Tower...

Now, it's who can pass the exam, and what politician writes a recommendation for you.
I know a Ranger right now who is thinkin, dang that Johnnyloco is right...

I was talking to a Ranger a few years back (mind you, I’m a (g)od of war), and he said he would be “right there in the trenches with us on gun control”. I gave him my opinion.

My only question at this point is when the crap hits the fan, do we have a secret signal to know each other or just “kill them all and let God sort it out”?
Wow, an arrogant Texas Ranger that believes his own hype.

Crazy.
Originally Posted by deflave
Wow, an arrogant Texas Ranger that believes his own hype.

Crazy.

That fugger was hand cherry picked because of his liberal gun control views.

That's what they do. A false flag.

After serving in the Rangers in the liberal Rio Grande Valley, he retired and started a PI firm in liberal nest Houston.
It would be some sweet Karma if Gov. Abbott pulled this asshat's Ranger Commission, and gave him a letter of revocation telling him to practice what he preaches as a civilian.
It would be some sweet Karma if Gov. Abbott pulled this asshat's Ranger Commission, and gave him a letter of revocation telling him to practice what he preaches as a civilian.

Yep.
To All,

I'm old enough to remember when being a TEXAS RANGER was something truly special. = RED ARNOLD, known as THE LAW IN EAST TEXAS was one such.
(He was my Sunday School teacher for several years & my dad's best friend.)

yours, tex
Anything he said after the first sentence makes the first sentence worthless. Another traitor to smear across the coming battlefield.
Weren't "the 80 deaths" at Waco due to the Feds?
That seems to be the truth behind our founding father's motivation to - not create, but validate the second amendment - not to mention the placement of it in importance.
A fact ignored by most these days frown
He can't help it he was born with his head up his ass.

He is just to proud to say that there is a lot he just don't know.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Just more feel good rhetoric that doesn't solve anything from a city boy.

Or in other words.......F U C K him.

Exactly. When they figure out it's the jackass behind the trigger and not the gun, then we'll be headed in the right direction.
That - all of it...
If I was a law officer at Waco I sure as hell would not tell anybody. That was a disgrace to We the people and law enforcement. Ed k
Notice how these libs never say exactly what laws they want passed.

"Continuing education." That reminds me of when "gun registration" was the hot issue starting back in the '60s. The proponents proposed that gun owners be fingerprinted every six months. Then they proposed that gun owners (those whom the state approved) could own guns but only keep them at their "gun clubs." What ever-lovin' C-R-A-P.
Originally Posted by gunner500

I'm in. smile

WTH is going on down there?
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Weren't "the 80 deaths" at Waco due to the Feds?
That seems to be the truth behind our founding father's motivation to - not create, but validate the second amendment - not to mention the placement of it in importance.
A fact ignored by most these days frown

Well said.
Originally Posted by kellory
For a man who claims to protect the Constitution, he clearly doesn't understand it.

Neither do you. You're one of the guys here who said teachers don't have the right to be armed.
Originally Posted by Borchardt
I'd guess his PPI Security clients include enough communists that he has to say such schit to stay in business.

He really doesn't have to say anything but since he has, we are the better for knowing yet another enemy of freedom.
Leal was a Richards era token Meskin.

His ranger area can easily be seen on the election map. It's that blue area along the Rio Grande.

Richards also started letting women into the Texas Rangers. That went over like a turd in the punchbowl.

That was the little turd in the bowl. The big one was when Queen Ann, who never could keep her mouth shut, publicly stated Texans were too stupid to carry handguns.

This was when Suzanna Hupp, who was at the Killeen, Texas Luby's cafeteria shooting in 1991 and lost both her parents, was making great headway

promoting concealed carry around the state. Hupp had to leave her pistol in her car that day because she would have lost her chiropractor license if she had

been caught with it on her person. At that time, most gun laws in Texas hadn't been revised since being put in place during Reconstruction. Anyway, Ann lost

the next election due to that bit of idiocy.
I know a Sheriff that would like to kick that Rangers ass.

Not all Texans are Americans.............
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I know a Sheriff that would like to kick that Rangers ass.

Not all Texans are Americans.............

That's true. Especially where this one is from. Lotsa wetbacks. That's why those counties are blue. mad
By Tony Leal May 30, 2018 "For the past 34 years, I’ve carried a gun as part of my work to defend the U.S. Constitution. - - -"

But - my "work" was not defending the entire Constitution - just the parts I understand. And, I'm not astute enough to be a real policemen.
Originally Posted by CCCC
By Tony Leal May 30, 2018 "For the past 34 years, I’ve carried a gun as part of my work to defend the U.S. Constitution. - - -"

But - my "work" was not defending the entire Constitution - just the parts I understand. And, I'm not astute enough to be a real policemen.

He understands.

He'd rather lie about it to push his agenda.

How many young people now believe that the 2nd Amendment gives you the right to own a shotgun or a rifle for hunting?

That seems to be a real damn popular narrative now.

Obama and Uncle Joe said it for 8 years... It must be true. mad

How many people can even tell the difference in the lies and facts?
Originally Posted by victoro

Neither do you. You're one of the guys here who said teachers don't have the right to be armed.

No. I did not. By Ohio law teacher DO have the right to armed. It is the school board that stands in the way. I happen to know a trainer who OFFERED to train any three teachers from any school that asked for free. I know of a few gun shops that offered to sell hand guns to teachers at or near costs. I personally WANT teachers to have the ability to return fire. The problem is not with the law. But with the schools.
Another left wing elitist who swore to uphold the Constitution and then wipes his greasy bung hole with it each morning.

Just the usual traitor to his sworn oath.

L.W.

No. I did not. By Ohio law teacher DO have the right to armed. It is the school board that stands in the way. I happen to know a trainer who OFFERED to train any three teachers from any school that asked for free. I know of a few gun shops that offered to sell hand guns to teachers at or near costs. I personally WANT teachers to have the ability to return fire. The problem is not with the law. But with the schools.

The teachers have the right to be armed no matter what the schools say. You're the one that said that my rights end when I enter school property. You're a big law and order guy and if teachers were to carry their firearms in school anyway (like I would) you'd have no problem with them being arrested if they got caught. You're right that the schools are the ones causing the problem in the states that allow armed school teachers but the schools don't have the right to infringe on anybody's right to bear arms.

The teachers have the right to be armed no matter what the schools say. You're the one that said that my rights end when I enter school property. You're a big law and order guy and if teachers were to carry their firearms in school anyway (like I would) you'd have no problem with them being arrested if they got caught. You're right that the schools are the ones causing the problem in the states that allow armed school teachers but the schools don't have the right to infringe on anybody's right to bear arms.

As your employer, they do. I don't like it, but any business can make it a condition of hire, or post thier property.

Edit to add:

"Under the law:

With the proper signage, businesses and property owners in general can prohibit firearms within the workplace and on their property. However, they cannot prohibit an employee or guest with a valid concealed handgun license from transporting or storing a firearm and ammunition in his or her personal vehicle on the premises where the vehicle is permitted to be, such as a parking lot. If the individual is outside of the vehicle, the firearm and ammunition must be locked in a trunk, glove box, or other enclosed compartment within or on the vehicle.
An employee may not possess a firearm or ammunition in a company-owned or company-leased vehicle where the employer prohibits such possession.
Unless otherwise prohibited by the proprietor with the proper signage, an individual with a valid concealed handgun license can possess a handgun in a child daycare center.
While possession of a firearm is generally prohibited in school safety zones, an individual with a valid concealed handgun license can possess a handgun within a motor vehicle while in a school safety zone. If the license holder exits the motor vehicle, he or she must leave the handgun inside the vehicle and lock the vehicle.
An individual with a valid concealed handgun license can possess a firearm in an airport terminal, so long as the license holder is not beyond a passenger or property screening checkpoint or in a location where access is restricted through certain security measures by airport authorities or a public agency.
Although businesses and property owners cannot prohibit a license holder from possessing or storing a firearm in his or her privately owned vehicle while parked on their premises, they can post a sign in a conspicuous location on the land or premises prohibiting people, including individuals with a valid concealed handgun license, from carrying firearms on or onto that land or in the premises.

The Ohio Attorney General offers a sign for posting.

Employers with operations in Ohio should review their weapons-at-work policy. Many employers with such a policy prohibit employees from possessing a weapon on company property, which is defined to include the company parking lot.

Any policy revision should be made so that the policy complies with Senate Bill 199 and cannot be used against the employer to support a claim of unlawful termination. In addition, human resources professionals and managers should be notified of the change in the law and any resulting change in policy.

Katharine C. Weber and David A. Nenni are attorneys with Jackson Lewis in Cincinnati. © Jackson Lewis. All rights reserved. Reposted with permission".

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandto...ace-laws-and-concealed-carry-rights.aspx
"As your employer, they do."

No they don't. You have more in common with this Texas Ranger than you do with patriotic American citizens that still believe that nobody has the right to infringe on our right to keep and bears arms. Every law that infringes on that right is un-Constitutional no matter what the Supreme Courts says. It's obvious you don't agree with that.
As per usual, he starts off with his own personal version of what the law allows, then calls for further restrictions beyond that. POS liar, again as per usual. You can bet he'll be quoted all over the anti-gun world as an LEO "expert", like that carries any weight against the clear language of the Constitution.
F me running ! Even a proud org like Texas rangers has been infiltrated

Some sad chit
It is beyond me why anyone thinks that someone like this guy, or the Houston police chief for that matter, should have any more credence given to his opinion on constitutional rights than any other citizen's. His opinion has no more value than that of the woman waiting on me at a deli yesterday.

He doesn't even understand who he worked for, he blabbers on by saying "For the past 34 years, I’ve carried a gun as part of my work to defend the U.S. Constitution". Unless he was in the military or a federal agent then he was defending the Texas Constitution, not the U.S.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It is beyond me why anyone thinks that someone like this guy, or the Houston police chief for that matter, should have any more credence given to his opinion on constitutional rights than any other citizen's. His opinion has no more value than that of the woman waiting on me at a deli yesterday.

He doesn't even understand who he worked for, he blabbers on by saying "For the past 34 years, I’ve carried a gun as part of my work to defend the U.S. Constitution". Unless he was in the military or a federal agent then he was defending the Texas Constitution, not the U.S.

BS.

I know, because I took that oath in Texas.

I swore to uphold the laws of the State of Texas, and the United States, and uphold the Constitution of the United States. And to defend against all enemies, foreign or domestic.

As far as I know, that oath has no expiration either.
Just as there are good cops and bad cops there are LE's that do and do not believe in the Second Amendment. He is just one of the misguided people that believe in gun control. It is a siren song that many believe will lead us to safety. In truth it will do the opposite. It is proven fact and if you don't believe it look at the UK. I'm not sure just how he is defining "military grade". It must be the color of the weapon or perhaps just the profile of the weapon.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

BS.

I know, because I took that oath in Texas.

I swore to uphold the laws of the State of Texas, and the United States, and uphold the Constitution of the United States. And to defend against all enemies, foreign or domestic.

As far as I know, that oath has no expiration either.

He can swear an oath to the kingdom of porky pig for all I care. His commission is from the state of Texas and means exactly jack outside the state of Texas. No one outside of Texas voted for him or the elected officials that appointed him so his position as savior of the nation is nothing but hubris, he's just Joe Q Citizen to the rest of us. His opinion means the same to me as the Houston mayor's or Andrew Cuomo's for that matter, which is to say zilch. If he wants to position himself as a defender of the constitution then uncle sam is always hiring. Until that time he's just another blowhard trying to undermine it.
He ain't nothin' but a security guard now.

He's got a retired Ranger commission, as all TDPS retirees get.

He's just the false flag the liberals run up the flagpole. Liar. Traitor. Dishonored the Texas Rangers.

That's why I said Gov. Abbott ought to revoke his commission and Ranger status.
OK Tony, hand n your stuff first. Oh, and GFY. Twice.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Just as there are good cops and bad cops there are LE's that do and do not believe in the Second Amendment. He is just one of the misguided people that believe in gun control. It is a siren song that many believe will lead us to safety. In truth it will do the opposite. It is proven fact and if you don't believe it look at the UK. I'm not sure just how he is defining "military grade". It must be the color of the weapon or perhaps just the profile of the weapon.

^^^

Unfortunately where I live it is a rare LEO officer who does not think there hsould be US vs THEM rules wrt gun ownership.
Military grade: like Germany made in 1944? Rough looking, odd wood, if it didn't blow up it would put a bullet somewhere downrange.
Screw that Ranger. May he and all traitors to the Constitution hang.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Screw that Ranger. May he and all traitors to the Constitution hang.

This.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Some sad chit

It's nothing new.. Joaquin Jackson and plenty like him infiltrated the "Rangers" 40 some years ago. Then he he had the gall to sit on the NRA Board of Directors until he finally died a couple of years ago. "Some sad chit", indeed..

There are still many, many Texas LE who would love for many of these "Common Sense" laws and regulations to be implemented. LE and gutless "R" politicians who lick their nuts are the reason there is still no Constitutional Carry in Texas. They can't be purged fast enough.
I have never been in law enforcement and don't want to be look who they are forced to work with . . .

Anyway on to the point

I took the oath and as best as I can remember . . .

"I swear to protect the United States from enemies foreign and domestic"

Did not make sense back then, but with some in the country now it is perfectly clear why the first and second amendment are there.

Sadly I see both being tested.

BUT

I will continue to fulfill my oath because it did not end with retirement.

It is a lifelong committment.
LouisB,

Imvho, NONE of us who took The Oath of Enlistment to, "- - - - defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign & domestic" have ever been released from it.

A dear friend of mine, who was one of the US Marines, who was a survivor of the "Frozen Chosin", says that nobody on Earth can release us from that oath.

yours, tex

Yes...THIS!

It is alarmingly simple to understand, and here we have is one of the best of the best (at one time they were - PC killed the Texas Rangers) spouting the anti-gun rhetoric. Read what the founding fathers said, what the INTENT of the 2nd Amendment is...after you read it there is NO question why the 2nd Amendment was ratified. People who say "you don't need 'x' amont of rounds to hunt deer" are automatically excluded from the discussion because they are obviously too stupid or too lazy to read the founders' intent.
Originally Posted by oulufinn
LE and gutless "R" politicians who lick their nuts are the reason there is still no Constitutional Carry in Texas. They can't be purged fast enough.

Brother, tell me about it: my 'hand-picked candidate by out-going speaker RINO (((Straus)))', Reggie Smith, won the run-off race to replace the RINO bastard who's retiring in my North Texas district (62). H.B. 1911 never had a chance because (((Straus))) hand-picked the calendars committee and told them to BLOCK H.B. 1911 (constitutional carry) last session. Gov. Abbott knew this, he's a fuggin' RINO. Same for Lt. Gov. Same for A.G. We've been screwed, same as Oklahoma when RINO BITCH Mary Fallin killed constitutional carry in OK.
I personally don't remember reading of any Texans asking this ahole for his opinion.Most Texans I know would wish him a hearty GFY.
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Some sad chit

It's nothing new.. Joaquin Jackson and plenty like him infiltrated the "Rangers" 40 some years ago. Then he he had the gall to sit on the NRA Board of Directors until he finally died a couple of years ago. "Some sad chit", indeed..

There are still many, many Texas LE who would love for many of these "Common Sense" laws and regulations to be implemented. LE and gutless "R" politicians who lick their nuts are the reason there is still no Constitutional Carry in Texas. They can't be purged fast enough.

They called it "Reconstruction".
© 24hourcampfire