Home
Posted By: wabigoon Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Anyone have a hot cup just now? Mine is Maxwell House, black.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Of course. Mine is some "gourmet" blend which I run through a French Press...pretty hoity toity...
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18

Folgers Black Silk
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I'm on my second cup.Sams Choice Columbian black.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
No Grizzly Adams type, drinking it from a tin cup, the coffee boiled in a kettle over a campfire? wink
Posted By: fubarguy Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Maxwell House columbian
Posted By: skeen Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Keurig 'Donut-Shop' coffee.
Posted By: Dess Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Pregound stuff through my Keurig. Cheaper than the premade cups.
Posted By: Brad Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
If you were to consume only two organically produced foods, chicken and coffee should be it.

Conventional coffee is among the most heavily chemically treated foods in the world. It is steeped in synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. I've gotten picky about making sure it's organic at our house.

Food for thought...
Posted By: mudhen Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
The stuff in big cans that the wife brings home from Costco--actually some of the best coffee that we have tried.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Yes! The cheap stuff from local chain grocer. Do about two cups a morning now. Find it works great for me.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Just finished one about 30 mns ago... Home-roasted Kenyan beans and brewed very strong.. Good stuff, that. smile
Some of the stronger coffee is just fine, till later, then I get a pain in my gizzard.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
HEB French Roast through a Keurig.

Great coffee. Stout, but doesn't give me jitters.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Get mine from Hawaii.
French press only.
Don’t know how some of you guys drink what you drink.
Der Alte Fritz issued a decree that all good Prussians should drink beer for breakfast!

Got Prussians hooked on taters too! laugh

What a guy!
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Working my way through a box that Alpha Coffee sent us. They have some great joe and a good program.

https://alpha.coffee/pages/coffee-for-troops

I like pretty good coffee, cant take the cheap stuff anymore. The best, cheap coffee I have found is this stuff at Sam's. I ain't all tied up on the "organic" crap, but this is good stuff. I also like light roasts as they tend to have more caffeine.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-or...40oz/prod21124544.ip?xid=plp_product_1_1

But I'm about to head to bed. 1600 here, 120 out with a dust storm! Shift starts at 0100...lots of coffee at that point.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Community between roast 100% Arabica this morning, sometimes the store brand from Brookshire's which at times is just as good.
Who else but our overall wearin' kaywoody could take something as simple as a cup of coffee, and turn it into a thirty minute opera?
Who else but our overall wearin' kaywoody could take something as simple as a cup of coffee, and turn it into a thirty minute opera?

Not me!!! It was Johnny Bach!!!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by mudhen
The stuff in big cans that the wife brings home from Costco--actually some of the best coffee that we have tried.

Slurping a cup of the same right now, con hazelnut creamer
Posted By: ykrvak Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
French roast or something else good and strong poured through a filter on my cup like you would camping. Been doing it that way for the last 20 years, don’t see any reason to change what works. Also keeps me from having to run a generator in order to make my coffee.

Leave it to Brad to take all the fun out of my morning cup of joe. 😀
Posted By: hanco Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Never tasted coffee
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
No Black Rifle Coffee drinkers here?
Originally Posted by ykrvak

Leave it to Brad to take all the fun out of my morning cup of joe. 😀

LOL, guilty as charged.

Sand, head, insert... smile
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
French roast this morning. Day off getting ready to take the grandkid to the zoo.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

I like pretty good coffee, cant take the cheap stuff anymore. The best, cheap coffee I have found is this stuff at Sam's. I ain't all tied up on the "organic" crap, but this is good stuff. I also like light roasts as they tend to have more caffeine.

Thanks for the head's up... We don't have a Sam's Club here, so just ordered a bag. Even with shipping and 10% extra that's a good buy.
Wife is on a organic kick lately. Last bag of beans was some organic something or other from Nicaragua. This time I just bought what was on sale at Costco. You can’t beat their prices on beans.
Posted By: ykrvak Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I’d love to support those guys, but the last time I tried to get some everything was out of stock or was like $13 to $15 a pound before shipping it all the way out here. To rich for my blood. I really like my morning coffee, but not that much. Tea is cheap.
Posted By: efw Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Cafe Bustello dripped on “strong” setting through cone shaped filter. Good stuff at a fair price.

Black always...
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18

Eight O'clock, fresh brewed in a stove top percolator.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Just finished my second mug, thinking about a rare third just because of this thread. We drink Eight O'Clock Original. Buy it by the case. It must be popular because in the market, that kind is almost always sold out.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Every morning, Hills Bros., percolated on the stove in wood handled stainless pot, always black.
[Linked Image]

I get it from time to time. They're good people too! But I seldom ever have the same coffee bag-to-bag. I like variety!
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

Thanks for the head's up... We don't have a Sam's Club here, so just ordered a bag. Even with shipping and 10% extra that's a good buy.

It is good stuff, Brad. We enjoy it quite well. So much so that I had my wife send me some here. It is a mild coffee that will put some good lead in yer pencil.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I drink my Kirkland coffee black out of a tin cup.
Posted By: sdgunslinger Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by Brad
If you were to consume only two organically produced foods, chicken and coffee should be it.

Conventional coffee is among the most heavily chemically treated foods in the world. It is steeped in synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. I've gotten picky about making sure it's organic at our house.

Food for thought...

I must be
as good as dead then , cause I drink about 12 cups Folgers a day...sometimes 18 to 20
Posted By: prm Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
This morning I had a sample roast I did of a Costa Rican from the Las Lajes Micromill. Getting pretty close to a really nice roast. Also have a Burundi that is absolutely delicious!!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Instant Cafe Bustelo with a couple liquid Coffeemate creamer and a couple of packs of Splenda. Rudimentary but best I have come up with so far.

My little inverter-powered hot water pot rigup. LOL
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Just finished a cup of Dunkin Donuts regular blend with half & half. High Brass loved Dunkin Donuts coffee, black of course as any Marine does.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Never seen a Dunkin Donut before.

I see it for sale in a store once in a while.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Here you go Jim.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18

6am daily.............

Folgers.........
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Illy Cafe Filtre medium roast mixed with Illy Expresso dark roast (1/2 & 1/2).

RS
Posted By: JGray Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
French Roast here - I go back and forth between the Keurig and an Aeropress...
Posted By: CraigD Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Just plane old Folgers and a Bunn coffee maker...
Posted By: Springcove Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
When I have coffee in the morning it’s Black Rifle Coffee. I like the Murdered Out. I grind the beans in a grinder and in to the coffee pot they go. It is spendy but I don’t drink a lot and I like those guys and there coffee.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18

Same here. She loves it. Me I’m happy with Folgers. But I’ll drink coffee happily and not worry too much what brand
Posted By: gunzo Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Just finished brunch, so having my last mug a little later than usual. Maxwell house Columbian supreme from a Mr. Coffee.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike_The_Spike Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I've always got a sample of something "more exotic" to brew or blend, but my go-to-standard is fresh ground 8 O'clock Colombian.
Posted By: akpls Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I get some from them every month through their coffee club. No shipping that way and I'm able to switch to a different variety when I want.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I can't take dark coffees anymore, the acids and oils in dark coffee amp me up. I only drink medium roast coffees. I get whole bean from Wicked Joe's in Maine. I grind my own, use a small french press.

Here's one I like: http://www.wickedjoe.com/single-origins/91-ethiopia-sidamo.html
Posted By: petr Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
The harvests from Kenya are rolling in. I like these artsy farsty small roasters like Oynx or George Howell. These guys obsess over coffee like we obsess over
rifles.

Onyx Coffee

Posted By: NVhntr Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Same here. She loves it. Me I’m happy with Folgers. But I’ll drink coffee happily and not worry too much what brand

+2 The big brown 3# can of 100% Columbian from Costco is hard to beat for flavor and value.
Posted By: BLG Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Keurig---Mcdonald's Blend

Clyde
Posted By: prm Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
I can't take dark coffees anymore, the acids and oils in dark coffee amp me up. I only drink medium roast coffees. I get whole bean from Wicked Joe's in Maine. I grind my own, use a small french press.

Here's one I like: http://www.wickedjoe.com/single-origins/91-ethiopia-sidamo.html

Just a note, the oils on the outside of the bean occur when it is roasted to what is referred to as second crack. Rather dark roasts. As the seed is damaged by that cracking the oils move from the center to the outside of the bean. Those oils, once exposed to oxygen become stale very quickly.

One reason many large coffee sellers produce dark roasts is you can take nearly any quality green coffee and once it is roasted very dark they all taste about the same. All the unique flavors are roasted out. So, the coffee that the specialty roasters won’t buy due to quality, is sold much cheaper and roasted to a darker level. They hold blind cuppings at the source where the specialty coffee importers select what specific beans to buy.

Also, it does not have more caffeine the darker it is roasted. The caffeine is present in green coffee, as you roast you remove moisture while the caffeine remains so if you were to measure the coffee by weight you’d have more caffeine per oz. But a scoop of beans has very close to the same caffeine content before and after roasting regardless of roast level.

Those Ethiopian coffees are wonderful to roast. They don’t tend to take a dark roast very well, but they can change dramatically between a light and medium roast. They can go from exceptionally floral aromas and very tea like feel to smooth chocolate and berry flavor notes.
Posted By: las Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
We mix Costco Starbucks and San Francisco’s French roast beans 50/50 and let the Cuisinart coffee brewer grind em seconds before the water hits it. There are better coffees, but for a daily dose that works for us.

A friend loves the flavored coffees, which aremade with beans of such poor quality they are not salable otherwise.

No accounting for individual tastes...
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
If I'm not going anywhere in the morning I make coffee with Clover Valley instant coffee, (Dollar General's store brand)..... Not bad for instant coffee and the price is right. If I'm going out I bring my 20 oz. insulated mug to the nearest available fresh brewed at a convenience store & gas station 3.4 miles from me. Get a choice of 5 or 6 fresh brewed varieties and it's $1.39 total to get my 20 ounces.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Wal-Mary Donut shop blend. Knock off of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Not bad. Through a Mr. Coffee 12-cup. I’m not too fancy.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
But one of our LGSs Just started selling Black Rifle coffee. May need to try it out.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Damn right, everyday, don't remember the brand, but it's 100% Columbian, I drink it black, had two big mugs with four fresh farm eggs on top of a peanut butter covered big slice of Wifeys 100% whole wheat bread toasted for breakfast, love the old cold leftover coffee in the pot as an afternoon snack, grind up a face full of dark chocolate and drink the cold coffee straight from the pot, mmmmmmmmmmmmm good!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by philgood80
But one of our LGSs Just started selling Black Rifle coffee. May need to try it out.

Black Rifle Coffee Company WTFU is some good stuff, and yes, it will wake you TFU! grin
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Tried it once back when i was 5 or 6.

Never had it again.

For me to drink it it would have to be really hot and nothing else to drink.

That just leaves more for those that do. wink
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by Hastings
Community between roast 100% Arabica this morning, sometimes the store brand from Brookshire's which at times is just as good.

Another vote for Community..... either the between roast or the dark roast.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I have one, sometimes two cups in the morning. Good friends here in Gainesville are coffee roasters. Their small company, Strong Tree Coffee, is as good as it gets. Big enough to jump on a good deal, small enough to buy those limited production heirloom beans. They give me coffee, I make them hot sauce and salad dressings. Barter is still alive and well. smile
I grind the beans. I use filtered water, and a French Press.

https://strongtreecoffee.com/
Posted By: RDW Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I have consumed milk and sugar (artificial sweetener the last 25 years) with a touch of black coffee for 48 years, I am 54 now.

I tried a cup of black coffee a few weeks ago and it hit the spot and I have enjoyed a variety of coffee through the Keurig the last few weeks.

Odd that I never developed the taste for black cofree when I can't stand sweet tea.

I still have a cappuccino in the morning but black is good.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
The local gunshop/shooting range has a full lineup of Black Rifle. I've tried a couple of them but haven't found "the one" yet. Otherwise it's beans from a local roaster that does a pretty good job.
Posted By: Fanofthefortyone Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
It’s either this ,
https://www.arbucklecoffee.com/collections/coffee
Or lately I’ve been trying the black rifle.
Ronnie
Posted By: Biebs Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Maxwell House through a Keurig machine, then 2 teaspoons of instant mixed in...drink it black. It's pretty close to Expresso, I guess, but I only have one cup in the morning each day.
Posted By: 308ragincajun Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Community Dark Roast, 2-3 cups every morning
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
1cup a day for me
12 0z water 1min 15 sec in the microwave
3 heaping tsp of instant folgers
1 heaping tsp of sugar
1 heaping tsp of creamer

Wife got a kurig machine for Xmas

Still in the box

Bout 10 yrs she got a fancy coffee, latte, espresso machine
For Xmas

We never used it

Got sold in a yard sale
Kurig machine probably will also eventually

She drinks a large pikes place , 3 splenda and cream
From Starbucks on the way to work each day.
Posted By: jeeper Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by Hastings

Another vote for Community..... either the between roast or the dark roast.

Yep Community , they roast and bag it right here where I live. I supply the natural gas for the roasters.
Posted By: stripe55 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I drink coffee steady and everything from Folgers to LaJava, a local roaster. Bunn pots located all over at mill, some fresh, some hrs old and usually a cheap brand either Folgers or Maxwell House.

On the road I like Caribou Coffee and will drink an Americano from Starbucks, oh, and Kwik Trip for gas station coffee

LaJava coarse grinds me some Costa Rican French roast for my camp pot and press

McDonalds coffee, both at restaurant and in bags a grocery store is good

At home its LaJava Costa Rican French roast, either a press or our drip machine,Techni Vorm Moccamaster

Coffee is a huge part of every day of my life, then I switch to beer if not hunting or working

Oh yea, Starbucks instant-Via, in my pack, for good joe while in a hurry in the bush, this is very good stuff
Posted By: KDK Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
A buddy of mine at work hits a salvage store pretty regularly, picking up coffee for the office. She snagged me a big bag (maybe 5 pounds?) of Tulley's whole bean coffee a while ago, so I've been working on that. Now I'm a pretty avid coffee drinker, but the first batch of that I had gave me the shakes about halfway through the second cup. Otherwise, I'll pick up whatever variety of Folgers catches my eye, or pick up a bag of the stuff the sell at Winco.

I've been trying to cut back on the amount of coffee I drink lately, so I got a bigger travel mug. Now I only have four or five cups a day., LOL
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Costco Columbian whole bean, ground every day or so. Dark roast is too hard on my gut, so it's medium. The China Doll used to drink instant, the kind with the "cream" and sugar in the pack, but I got her hooked on grinding the beans. She'd roast 'em too if we could find a convenient way to do it. Hell, she'd milk the cow and seperate the cream, if we could have a cow here.

Don't know how people drink some of the stuff they do. Just like cheap beer, I'd give it up first.
Posted By: stripe55 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Friend of mine roasts his own with a hot air popcorn popper. Its good stuff too. You need good beans to start, but they are way cheaper green. Just takes time
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I buy whatever brand is on sale.
Strong and black, 2 cups.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18

I like a cuppa gourmet coffee if I'm having some in the afternoon. French press pot if for two or the french press mug if singles.

In the morning it's a CDS*, so Folgers or Maxwell House dark roast...strong.

* Caffeine Delivery System

Same reason I can tolerate (barely) instant in camp if I have plenty of cho-cho to put in that sshit!
Originally Posted by renegade50
1cup a day for me
12 0z water 1min 15 sec in the microwave
3 heaping tsp of instant folgers
1 heaping tsp of sugar
1 heaping tsp of creamer

You don't like coffee, do you?
Have drank variations of that from Norway to Panama to Korea to Iraq, and many other shythole countries in between.
What I'm used to.
Only thing that comes close is a double espresso in Amsterdam or Romainia.
My pard makes the same at home. can hardly stand real coffee.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Typically DD Colombian, black.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18

Yup, Kirkland decaf for me though.
Only drink one a day.

Needs to be strong.

When I'm forced to drink coffee outta a drip maker somewhere
I start a new pot if it takes 6 scoops i will put in 2 extra and when it starts flowing I remove the pot
Stick my cup in the flow and fill it up from that , then put the pot
back for the people who want their colored hot water from the rest of it.
Posted By: shaman Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Lately, I've been using this stuff:

[Linked Image]

I fill up a reusable K-Cup and run it into a 12 oz mug. It wakes me up and gets me going.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
Community Dark Roast, 2-3 cups every morning

From one coonass to another - yep.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Fresh-ground beans from Winco Foods as a rule, either their Espresso or French Roast.
They had pre mixed tubes in palermo Sicily of instant coffee, sugar and creamer.
Kinda like those flavored ones for bottles of water.

They weren't too bad if ya used 3 or 4 of em
Had em in South Korea also.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
Winco Red Brick bulk Columbian Supremo from fresh ground beans every morning.
Nice and strong.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Morning Coffee? - 07/09/18
I am drinking Jumping Monkey coffee right now. It is a company our of Sargent Bluff, Iowa. I pick up coffee when I pass thru. Grind the beans and use a French Press.
© 24hourcampfire