Home
Posted By: 2ndwind NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
https://thenationalsentinel.com/201...g-new-policy-forbidding-anthem-protests/

COWARDS: NFL now freezing new policy FORBIDDING Anthem protests
Posted on July 20, 2018

(National Sentinel) Self-Destruct: Last season the NFL shed millions of viewers and lost out on tens of millions of dollars in merchandise sales because league officials refused to end player protests of the National Anthem.

In the off-season, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the majority of team owners came to an agreement on a new policy that forbade players from using sideline antics as a form of political protest during games.

But now, all that’s on hold, thanks to the same kind of weak-spined management that allowed protests to continue throughout last season.

As Breitbart News reports:

The NFL and the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) released a joint statement on Thursday night, vowing to put a hold on the new league rule requiring players on the field to stand for the playing of the national anthem.

The shocking development comes only hours after news leaked that the Miami Dolphins had added a category called “Proper Anthem Conduct,” to their player disciplinary document. The apparent reversal also comes only one week after the NFLPA filed a grievance against the league, in which the union sought a “system arbitration” to prevent the league from giving individual teams from requiring players to stand for the anthem, or disciplining them for refusing to do so.

The statement claims that both the league and the players union are talking and working on a resolution.

The NFL and NFLPA statement says, in part: “The NFL and NFLPA reflect the great values of America, which are repeatedly demonstrated by the many players doing extraordinary work in communities across our country to promote equality, fairness and justice.”

We’re not sure which group contains the most idiots — the owners and NFL management or the players themselves, both of whom seem hell-bent on destroying the very league that provides them with a fabulous living.

Perhaps both are just as ignorant — and tone-deaf.

Most fans don’t give a whip about “equality, fairness, and justice” when they tune in to watch football…played by multi-millionaires. They. Just. Want. To. See. A. Game.

But they also aren’t down with having the American flag and our country disrespected over a myth: That all police are racists who target black men inappropriately.

That just doesn’t happen on a wide scale.

Even with the policy change, it was going to take years for the league to woo back some fans that it lost.

Now, because of its abject cowardice, it’s lost them forever.

Stupidity on steroids.
They ended themselves with me long ago.

I hope they all go bankrupt.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
buh bye, nfl...
Posted By: 222ND Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
In my opinion, watching these goons more than occasionally is a waste of a grown mans valuable time. If people worried about there politicians as much as they worried about professional athletes, the country wouldn’t be so messed up.
Posted By: 222ND Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
I can’t imagine wearing another mans name on my back. How embarrassing.
In their single-minded attempt to not offend their 2500 or so players, the NFL has chosen to royally piss off the bulk of their millions of (former) fans. You know, the ones who provide billions of dollars to support the teams. Or I should say DID provide.
They'll cry we're all racist next. They're all just thugs in uniform anyhow.
Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
nfl/nba , just a modern version of cotton picking.
The NFL is dead to me.
Posted By: jnyork Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
I'm gone.
Posted By: Toddly Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
No NFL here.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
Fugg em, they lost me years ago...guess they're back to selling crack on the corner.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
That community service they brag about doesn't even come close to atoning for the violence and buffoonery committed by the players on their own time. Thugs, they be - and they expect us to respect their protest. Screw 'em.
The next step is to have the players strike all across the NFL. No play, no pay.

Seems to me a lifestyle change is in order.
Posted By: hanco Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
Fug all of them
Out. Still.

P
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Hasbeen
WTF does any of this have to do with community service??? This is nothing more than the NFL being more worried about political correctness than worried about offending people who love the country- gutless.

-Rob
I haven't watched even a single down of pro football since KaeperDICK first kneeled during the National Anthem 2 years ago. The National Felon's League can go collectively to hell. I hope they go bankrupt and leave these super rich children, being paid to play a f u c k i n g GAME, in the unemployment line.
Posted By: WAM Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
I can’t think of anything clever to add to the stink the NFL has created, so I’ll just say DITTO!
Originally Posted by Toddly
No NFL here.

+1.
Even if you're on the field, you're still playing a 'kid's game'. If you're sitting on the couch watching it on TV, it's just another TV show, with terrible actors. Wish nfl/ nba would both just go away.
Posted By: wdenike Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
You can't fix stupid!!!!! But you can bankrupt it. Unfortunately there is the select puzzys who care less about our country. The same ones that vote to destroy it. The day of reckoning is approaching.

Take care, Willie
Posted By: Sako76 Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
It's truly sad when the employees tell the employer what they are going to do on work time!
I quit watching/following pro sports back in the eighties....about the same time I quit going out for movies....
Posted By: tdbob Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
They lost me long before Krappy's shenanigans.
Posted By: Ringman Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
The NFL is dead to me.

Same here!
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

+1
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
WTF does any of this have to do with community service??? This is nothing more than the NFL being more worried about political correctness than worried about offending people who love the country- gutless.

-Rob

Rob

A lot! Several of the players have done count ordered community service after being charged with criminal cases. Get busted! Court ordered service sets an example for the children. GW
If President Trump had sided with the players, the NFL and team owners would have put a stop to this ASAP.

The fact that President Trump is totally against these disrespectful "protests" is the main reason the NFL and team owners allow it to continue.
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
nfl/nba , just a modern version of cotton picking.

Lots of people fail to look that deep.
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

-Rob

Rob

A lot! Several of the players have done count ordered community service after being charged with criminal cases. Get busted! Court ordered service sets an example for the children. GW

Always liked Charles Barkley's comment that mothers should convince their children to be doctors and lawyers, not athletes and DO NOT confuse them with being good role models! Much better chance of making it, and they would be doing something good for the world.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
Well I'd say that they have pulled the final straw for me, but they already did that, so I guess this just reinforces my decision not to watch a single game again this year. An easy decision made easier.
Posted By: DMc Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
NFL decides to end itself

Good!

College ball for me. Nothing more.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
In their single-minded attempt to not offend their 2500 or so players, the NFL has chosen to royally piss off the bulk of their millions of (former) fans. You know, the ones who provide billions of dollars to support the teams. Or I should say DID provide.

Instead the owners should be offering off-season, player-mandatory primary education seminars including ten-day tours of Liberia, Ghana, and Cuba,
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/20/18
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Instead the owners should be offering off-season, player-mandatory primary education seminars including ten-day tours of Liberia, Ghana, and Cuba,

That's a great idea. Let them see just what its like outside the borders of the country they claim is so mean and unfair to them.

NFL doesn't want BLM and Maxine protesting outside their offices.

Again, of the what? 2500 players in the NFL, it’s a small minority causing the problem and unless I just haven’t seen them, all are black.

So the owners (and Goodell) are either ok with the demonstration and complicit or or have the spine of cooked Macaroni. Either way they are going to lose revenue and deservedly so.

It’d be interesting to see an anonymous polling of every player regarding this issue.
Only 53 players on the active roster of 32 teams. That's only about 1500 employees.
N-F-who??
Posted By: sawbuck Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Lets face it, all along the NFL has simply made business decisions when it came to the protests. They misread President Trump and they misread the American People. They thought they could flim flam us and later the protesters with the new rules. Unfortunately for them a minute passed and we are both still pissed.

# walk away deserves a second variant.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Some say that the NFL is nothing but high priced white slave owners as 68% of the players are black. College football is just the feeder league for the NFL. More time to nap, play the guitar and load 6.5 CM's.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Some say that the NFL is nothing but high priced white slave owners as 68% of the players are black. College football is just the feeder league for the NFL. More time to nap, play the guitar and load 6.5 CM's.

A man must have a Creed.
Philosophically speaking, of course. In terms of hardware, a Swede will do.
Don't worry, the Campfire Yankees Kingston and Kenneth will be watching.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I completely agree! I love seeing them turn on themselves and watch them implode. They are getting what they deserve.

KEEP BOYCOTTING THE NATIONAL FELON LEAGUE!
Posted By: djs Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Like it or not, the NFL will (most likely) do just fine.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
It is sickling to see the sport take the ugly turn. No respect for veterans , the Flag, service men, anything American.
Posted By: readonly Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Originally Posted by djs
Like it or not, the NFL will (most likely) do just fine.

Salary cap goes up every year, losing viewers shrinks the margin. Clearly the owners have had enough. Interesting to see how this plays out.
Posted By: Dutch Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
I'd like to get all worked up and start boycotting, but haven't watched a professional football game in a decade.

There's too much to do to waste time watching NFL commercials...
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
When Payton Manning retired I lost 1/2 of the reason to watch anything nfl and since kapernick and followers started I lost the other 1/2. I don’t miss’em at all.

A sick, weak minded bunch of bastards.
Posted By: 1minute Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
I wonder how many of them bother to vote?
So the black players don't like President Trump, tough bounce. Obey the laws, do your job. That is what us nobody's do.
Just say NO! To the NFL
I haven't seen a game in a few years, and there is zero plans to see another.
This is a nothing burger.

The majority of the fire' will feign outrage for awhile but it'll be business as usual when the season starts. "Book it."
I was tired of those prima donna "man-children" years ago.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

The majority of the fire' will feign outrage for awhile but it'll be business as usual when the season starts. "Book it."

I haven’t watched since about the third game last year, when the Cowboys took a knee PRIOR to the anthem. The over the top belittling is too much though. The constant attacks just seem like liberal tactics and it’s to the point of ridiculousness.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

I haven’t watched since about the third game last year, when the Cowboys took a knee PRIOR to the anthem. The over the top belittling is too much though. The constant attacks just seem like liberal tactics and it’s to the point of ridiculousness.

Please note that I said "majority"...I quit watching 30+ years ago and I have no doubt that some here have followed suite but I guarangoddamteeyou that despite todays outrage by play off time the fire will be rife with posts by fire members rooting for their teams. "Book It"

Please note that I said "majority"...I quit watching 30+ years ago and I have no doubt that some here have followed suite but I guarangoddamteeyou that despite todays outrage by play off time the fire will be rife with posts by fire members rooting for their teams. "Book It"

The reply wasn’t a dig at you. Just a response, no offense intended.

98% percent of the NFL threads here are started negative, and the ones that are started with intentions to be positive, end up 90% negative.

Book that! It’s s a fact, and I’m not saying they didn’t bring it on themselves... but FFS, it’s a dead horse.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Hey Rocky! Just a week ago you turned up your nose at those who criticized you for drooling about the Green Bay Packers. Are you now willing to change your mind and boycott their games?
Easy for me , I never wasted time watching it for more than a few minutes , and that would be that I dropped in to see a friend that was tuned in . After few moments of the B.S. , I would excuse myself and go about a day doing something important , like , reloading , shooting , fishing , getting laid , anything but waste an already short weekend watching that B.S.
Kenneth
Posted By: ribka Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It is sickling to see the sport take the ugly turn. No respect for veterans , the Flag, service men, anything American.

And Beating the crap out of women . The public needs it bread and circuses

Stopped 20 years ago. Fall and early winter is for fishing and hunting time
50 years of entitlement programs have laid the ground work for the self-destruction of the US. The NFL, being full of them, is just one of the more prominent lesions to erupt and spew its pus.
Trump has a solution, check out his tweet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...uldnt-paid-if-kneeling-anthem/810484002/
Posted By: Tracks Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
I was a hard core fan, but I'm done with the NFL. There is no going back
Yada
Posted By: Kenneth Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Don't worry, the Campfire Yankees Kingston and Kenneth will be watching.

Feel free to vent your own personal issues on my behalf,

Much classier than belittling dead or handicapped children.
It is a sad state of affairs. Michel Bidwell took a stand on players standing for the Anthem, and supports his high school classmate Kavanaugh for the Supreme court, and they call that, "The Bidwell situation."
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18

-Rob

It's called deflection. Instead of addressing a topic that they can't put a positive spin on, they bring up something elsew as an "answer".

Example: Mom, the turkey is full of dead roaches!

Mom: Did anyone notice I used Grandma's silver napkin rings?
Posted By: rainshot Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
This is just another situation where unions have done an injustice to their very existence. The tail is wagging the dog and the owners take the path of least resistance. There will always be enough people willing to sacrifice dignity and tradition for the price of admission. We cherish our entertainment more than our dignity as a nation.

the

The reply wasn’t a dig at you. Just a response, no offense intended.

98% percent of the NFL threads here are started negative, and the ones that are started with intentions to be positive, end up 90% negative.

Book that! It’s s a fact, and I’m not saying they didn’t bring it on themselves... but FFS, it’s a dead horse.

I hear ya.....but I wasn't criticizing the NFL even though I'm repulsed by the players and managements response to them, nor do I find watching football entertaining, my comment was aimed at the fire's never ending hypocrisy but I guess I should be used to that by now...ha
Posted By: cas6969 Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
They don't get. Professional sports are escapism, people watch to forget about their own problems for just a little while. A distraction from life, family, work, the real world in general, and that includes politics and social issues. These self important boobs, men who get paid a lot of money to play a kids game, fail to grasp that. They insist on dragging in the very thing people are watching to get away from.

I think I'll start selling gluten free foods. But with some gluten in it. You know, just for the sake of inclusiveness, acceptance, tolerance, equality and food justice. Market it as such. "We know you don't want gluten, but it would be wrong not to give you some gluten." wink
Owners are worried that a strike by the players will do more damage long term than what they perceive as shorter term damage of this latest “negotiation “.

A strike keeps everyone out of the stadiums and reduces TV revenue. For years.
Fugalldemcoons!
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Google sucks as much as the NFL... I did a search: % NFL Black looks like it's about 70% but I had to wade through a long list of BLM grievances ( White owners exploiting Blacks... no Black quarterbacks.... stereotyping Blacks as violent thugs.... ) before finding that number.
Posted By: dale06 Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
Unfortunately, most of the games are sold out and those that are not, likely will be.
NFL, NBA, and to a lessor extant MLB, could gang rape 13 year old girls murder their fathers and OD the mothers with herion.
People would still pay money for team apparel and to see "their" team play.

We have become Rome.
Ethics, morals, and decency are secondary to entertainment.
And our status symbols.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
+1....... Welcome to the great society. Sometimes I think the only reason that disgusting circus is still in business is best explained in the immortal words of P.T. Barnum....... "There's a sucker born every minute". That; coupled with the "dumbing down" of America over the last 4 or 5 decades makes for an audience of fools whose money will soon become part of a large "wealth re-distribution" scheme that benefits the NFL puppets and their puppet masters.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
They will lose 10's of millions again this year, I hope they go down.
Hope they rot...
Posted By: ihookem Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/21/18
I watched 1 game last year. It was the Super Bowl. I'm glad I did and continued to watch it when my son told me none of the players on either team kneeled that year. I decided to go squirrel hunting ,drive around looking for deer and went deer hunting. I found out how much I didn't need the NFL. My Sundays were much more relaxing. I did not miss the Packers at all.
Who cares?
Posted By: hanco Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/22/18
They should have fined the hell out them the first time.
I'll be spending my time at my little Idaho house this fall and part of winter. The fishing on Pend Orielle gets good then. GTH NFL.....
Posted By: Tansun Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/22/18
In a couple more years, we should have an option to watch the XFL. McMahon has said no politics in the XFL
“People don’t want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained,” McMahon said. “We want someone who wants to take a knee to do their version of that on their personal time.”

I just wonder if it will turn into the WWE version of football? All hype and no substance...
I’ve been pretty tired of the NFL for a few years. Fuggin wall to wall, ‘round the clock coverage got tiresome. I could give a schit about the players. Don’t need their life story, don’t care if they slapped their wife, or if they bought mamma a new house with the signing bonus.

Jesus, not to even mention fantasy football.

College is about on the verge of the same super saturation.

Fuggin media could ruin a wet dream.
Last week, Dallas Cowboys coach Jerry Jones told the media that his team would be on the sidelines, standing at attention during the playing of the national anthem this season.

According to a report by the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram, Jones’ staff told several television stations that he could not speak with them about the national anthem in interviews from training camp in Oxnard, Calif. Staffers said the NFL told Jones to stop talking about the policy he had set for his team.
Posted By: BLG Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/31/18
So,,,,,how many of them protest in the off season? You know, when the cameras aren't rolling? How many of them are having marches, and protests that they organize? NONE

It would be too easy to use the fame and name recognition they have, to plan rallies and such. But, alas, that would require them to protest on their own time.

What is really pitiful, is they think they are exercising their first amendment rights. And because of that, no counter argument is allowed. Just try to explain to a liberal what it really means, they will press the easy button. (racist)

Clyde
Posted By: hanco Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/31/18
I hope Jerry sticks by his guns!
Posted By: 16bore Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/31/18
College football is the interview, NFL is the job. The job is to entertain people on Sunday. Period. Professional sports are meaningless entertainment.
Posted By: tzone Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/31/18
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
buh bye, nfl...

That’s a knee slapper!

No chance of that happening.
Posted By: Raeford Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/31/18
Thank God Virginia finally started allowing Sunday hunting a few years back...
Posted By: navlav8r Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/31/18
Too much, “look at me, look at me!” I have never liked a showboater.
Originally Posted by navlav8r

You mean Florida College football?
Posted By: 22250rem Re: NFL decides to end itself - 07/31/18
Originally Posted by navlav8r

... Another of the many reasons the NFL ended themselves about 6 years ago with me.
© 24hourcampfire