Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It is sickling to see the sport take the ugly turn. No respect for veterans , the Flag, service men, anything American.

And Beating the crap out of women . The public needs it bread and circuses

Stopped 20 years ago. Fall and early winter is for fishing and hunting time

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
50 years of entitlement programs have laid the ground work for the self-destruction of the US. The NFL, being full of them, is just one of the more prominent lesions to erupt and spew its pus.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a hard core fan, but I'm done with the NFL. There is no going back

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yada

Last edited by Whelenman; 07/21/18.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Don't worry, the Campfire Yankees Kingston and Kenneth will be watching.

Feel free to vent your own personal issues on my behalf,

Much classier than belittling dead or handicapped children.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It is a sad state of affairs. Michel Bidwell took a stand on players standing for the Anthem, and supports his high school classmate Kavanaugh for the Supreme court, and they call that, "The Bidwell situation."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
WTF does any of this have to do with community service??? This is nothing more than the NFL being more worried about political correctness than worried about offending people who love the country- gutless.

-Rob

It's called deflection. Instead of addressing a topic that they can't put a positive spin on, they bring up something elsew as an "answer".

Example: Mom, the turkey is full of dead roaches!

Mom: Did anyone notice I used Grandma's silver napkin rings?

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
This is just another situation where unions have done an injustice to their very existence. The tail is wagging the dog and the owners take the path of least resistance. There will always be enough people willing to sacrifice dignity and tradition for the price of admission. We cherish our entertainment more than our dignity as a nation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
This is a nothing burger.

The majority of the fire' will feign outrage for awhile but it'll be business as usual when the season starts. "Book it."

the
I haven’t watched since about the third game last year, when the Cowboys took a knee PRIOR to the anthem. The over the top belittling is too much though. The constant attacks just seem like liberal tactics and it’s to the point of ridiculousness.

Please note that I said "majority"...I quit watching 30+ years ago and I have no doubt that some here have followed suite but I guarangoddamteeyou that despite todays outrage by play off time the fire will be rife with posts by fire members rooting for their teams. "Book It"

The reply wasn’t a dig at you. Just a response, no offense intended.

98% percent of the NFL threads here are started negative, and the ones that are started with intentions to be positive, end up 90% negative.

Book that! It’s s a fact, and I’m not saying they didn’t bring it on themselves... but FFS, it’s a dead horse.

I hear ya.....but I wasn't criticizing the NFL even though I'm repulsed by the players and managements response to them, nor do I find watching football entertaining, my comment was aimed at the fire's never ending hypocrisy but I guess I should be used to that by now...ha

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They don't get. Professional sports are escapism, people watch to forget about their own problems for just a little while. A distraction from life, family, work, the real world in general, and that includes politics and social issues. These self important boobs, men who get paid a lot of money to play a kids game, fail to grasp that. They insist on dragging in the very thing people are watching to get away from.

I think I'll start selling gluten free foods. But with some gluten in it. You know, just for the sake of inclusiveness, acceptance, tolerance, equality and food justice. Market it as such. "We know you don't want gluten, but it would be wrong not to give you some gluten." wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Owners are worried that a strike by the players will do more damage long term than what they perceive as shorter term damage of this latest “negotiation “.

A strike keeps everyone out of the stadiums and reduces TV revenue. For years.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Fugalldemcoons!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Google sucks as much as the NFL... I did a search: % NFL Black looks like it's about 70% but I had to wade through a long list of BLM grievances ( White owners exploiting Blacks... no Black quarterbacks.... stereotyping Blacks as violent thugs.... ) before finding that number.

Please don't feed the trolls!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Unfortunately, most of the games are sold out and those that are not, likely will be.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NFL, NBA, and to a lessor extant MLB, could gang rape 13 year old girls murder their fathers and OD the mothers with herion.
People would still pay money for team apparel and to see "their" team play.

We have become Rome.
Ethics, morals, and decency are secondary to entertainment.
And our status symbols.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1....... Welcome to the great society. Sometimes I think the only reason that disgusting circus is still in business is best explained in the immortal words of P.T. Barnum....... "There's a sucker born every minute". That; coupled with the "dumbing down" of America over the last 4 or 5 decades makes for an audience of fools whose money will soon become part of a large "wealth re-distribution" scheme that benefits the NFL puppets and their puppet masters.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
They will lose 10's of millions again this year, I hope they go down.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Hope they rot...

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I watched 1 game last year. It was the Super Bowl. I'm glad I did and continued to watch it when my son told me none of the players on either team kneeled that year. I decided to go squirrel hunting ,drive around looking for deer and went deer hunting. I found out how much I didn't need the NFL. My Sundays were much more relaxing. I did not miss the Packers at all.

Last edited by ihookem; 07/21/18.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,955 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,658
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.