Home

Cabela’s Rogers, Arkansas to Become First Bass Pro Combo Store

When the merger between Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s was finalized last year, several members of the outdoors industry and the Fire questioned how the two retailers would co-exist. Well, with the first Bass Pro combo store opening soon, we’re about to have some of those questions answered.

What do you think will happen? How do you feel about a co-located store? What does it mean for the average sportsmen/women?
As long as they have a used gun library, I'm good with it.

Otherwise keep them apart.
Originally Posted by Gremlin1104

Cabela’s Rogers, Arkansas to Become First Bass Pro Combo Store

When the merger between Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s was finalized last year, several members of the outdoors industry and the Fire questioned how the two retailers would co-exist. Well, with the first Bass Pro combo store opening soon, we’re about to have some of those questions answered.

What do you think will happen? How do you feel about a co-located store? What does it mean for the average sportsmen/women?

Lots of large companies have "merged" through acquisition over the years... Abercrombie and Fitch comes to mind.
it would have been good if the local gander mtn hadn't closed. i wished the best for them. but prices and costs are with us.

dicks and their off-spring seems to be in the running. they're looking at the logistics and adjusting.

i walk into any of their stores including academy and ask to see a left-hand turn bolt.

they stare at me, act very courteous, and tell me they don't have one.

that's ok. i've been discriminated against my entire life.

johnson, the war criminal, knows all about it.
Originally Posted by Gus
it would have been good if the local gander mtn hadn't closed. i wished the best for them. but prices and costs are with us.

dicks and their off-spring seems to be in the running. they're looking at the logistics and adjusting.

i walk into any of their stores including academy and ask to see a left-hand turn bolt.

What does your Johnson have to do with it?
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Gus

What does your Johnson have to do with it?

according to johnson, we're all here to serve.

he's here to lead, and we are here to die.

johnson was a war criminal, ok?

the game has changed?

now it's up to us??
Whatever they call it, prices are going to be on the high side.
I personally like the merchandise at Cabelas and most of the time if they don't have it in store (I check online) I order it. Bought a fair amount from BP also. Would like to see a BP in my area of our state as well. Always liked Sportsman Warehouse as well and would welcome another here if they would open one.

So if'n you don't like em vote with your feet and don't part with your gold.
looked over an ad from Cabelas I got recently - had Red Head clothing advertised in it
Originally Posted by KFWA
looked over an ad from Cabelas I got recently - had Red Head clothing advertised in it

Locally we only have Bass Pro and I have hope they would get some Cabelas clothing in, I have a few items of their Red Head hunting clothes but they are not made nearly as nice as my Cabelas Camo.
Bass Pro is Walmart with more workers wearing khakis.
we have a bass pro on one side of the valley, cabella's on the other.
I think i have been in bass pro's maybe twice. Arrogant staff, and what got my goat were the signs for departments in spanish and english.
We don't live in mexico, yet.
I think i haven't been in the cabella's store since before the merger. Not sure i will go again as i can get most if not all of what i want via the internet.
I do know when they convert that cabella's visa card to bank one, i am canciling it. Won't deal with bank one.
I assumed the original store in Sidney Nebraska was already both Cabelas and Bass Pro. We are getting flyers all the time. Doesn't matter, I'm not going back. The merger left hundreds if not thousands unemployed in western Nebraska. A large part of them young families. I've been loyal to Cabelas since the 60's until now.
I’ll give a report on the Rogers store in a few weeks. I don’t really get the point though. They are pretty much the same concept. It is like having a Sears and a JC Penny store co-located.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’ll give a report on the Rogers store in a few weeks. I don’t really get the point though. They are pretty much the same concept. It is like having a Sears and a JC Penny store co-located.

My son in law worked in corporate at Cabelas. He says the merchandise is a lot lower quality with Bass Pro. I don't care anymore. Midway USA is starting to be my go to ammo place. Everything else can be found easily somewhere else.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I will/can give a report on the Rogers store tomorrow (assuming I remember). The local gun club has our monthly meetings there and tonight is the night. I do know they have been doing some modifications inside the store. I have heard there is supposed to be a big change in the fishing department.
Originally Posted by ST50
My son in law worked in corporate at Cabelas. He says the merchandise is a lot lower quality with Bass Pro. I don't care anymore. Midway USA is starting to be my go to ammo place. Everything else can be found easily somewhere else.

It's a company. They'll carry the merchandise that garners the best profit given the amount sold and the markup. Plus a certain amount of "draw" products that pull customers in regardless of the profit.

Local Cabela's is already dropping Lowes boats from their line and stocking Tracker. Same for other things to some degree.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by ST50

It's a company. They'll carry the merchandise that garners the best profit given the amount sold and the markup. Plus a certain amount of "draw" products that pull customers in regardless of the profit.

Local Cabela's is already dropping Lowes boats from their line and stocking Tracker. Same for other things to some degree.

well, there it is. the us helped gm, and thus saved their divisions. jeep, etc. is owned by fiat.

we're in a time of change. i miss gander mtn, but bought hardly anything from them.

academy is good, walmart & bass pro. they don't stock left-handed stuff.

let them fight it out in the free markets, and let the markets rule.
Bargain Cave in Rogers was gone a few months ago when we dropped in. That was always my first stop, I guess no more.
They are supposedly going to be 2 separate stores here in Dania, FL. Walk across a walkway from BassPro to Cabela's.

We'll see if it materializes that way.
I have never seen a Bass Pro or a Cabelas.

Let alone a Cabelas inside the bowels of a Bass Pro.

Youse city types sure see some wild stuff.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I have never seen a Bass Pro or a Cabelas.

Let alone a Cabelas inside the bowels of a Bass Pro.

Youse city types sure see some wild stuff.

You ever seen a gas station or a grocery store? Then you'se city type too, bro.

They used to use horses and mules to drag the barges up and down the canals here..
Haha! I would have loved to see that.

Has not been a team out here for 40 years.
I got a notice from Capital One Bank (the new credit card company) about the change over from a Visa card to a MasterCard in October. They noted that you will lose all of your Visa benefits (no auto rental coverage, purchase security, lost luggage reimbursement, and travel accident coverage) They say there will be new benefits but don't say what they will be.

I suppose MC is as good as Visa but I don't think I will use the card after that happens.
What a great deal!!!

Pay the bass pro and cabela,s mark up under the same roof.

Paying 9.87 for a box of Winchester super sporting clays at bass pro.
Or 7.67 at Wal-Mart

I know the bass pro shells are better cause they cost more whistle crazy laugh
but but but but

We don't shop at walmart

We don't even shop at those above big boxes,

We pay 11.99 to support the LGS, 400 lb bubba is a fellow member of the moose/mormon/masonic lodge
Need an excell spreadsheet to keep track of all the 24hr
Sanctioned and non sanctioned places to shop.....
Originally Posted by Otter
I will/can give a report on the Rogers store tomorrow (assuming I remember). The local gun club has our monthly meetings there and tonight is the night. I do know they have been doing some modifications inside the store. I have heard there is supposed to be a big change in the fishing department.

Our last meeting had been moved to our shooting range (I found out very last minute) and I just didn't get to the Cabela's in the mean time, So I'm a month late with my "promised report".

Didn't tour the entire store, but everything has been rearranged. Shelving rotated 90 degrees throughout the areas I did scope out. That stuff is something you just have to adapt to. Of what I did check out, I sure didn't notice prices being any more reasonable, maybe even a but steeper. I haven't been a regular "customer" at this Cabela's anyhow. I have most of the firearms related stuff I want and probably need, so they most likely haven't enticed me to buy a lot more "stuff". SORRY ! ! !

YMMV . . .
Originally Posted by stantdm
I got a notice from Capital One Bank (the new credit card company) about the change over from a Visa card to a MasterCard in October. They noted that you will lose all of your Visa benefits (no auto rental coverage, purchase security, lost luggage reimbursement, and travel accident coverage) They say there will be new benefits but don't say what they will be.

I suppose MC is as good as Visa but I don't think I will use the card after that happens.

I get a new card every October but haven't received a notice from Cabala's yet that my new card will be a Master Card. What about the points you have built up with the Visa card?
© 24hourcampfire