Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G

Cabela’s Rogers, Arkansas to Become First Bass Pro Combo Store

When the merger between Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s was finalized last year, several members of the outdoors industry and the Fire questioned how the two retailers would co-exist. Well, with the first Bass Pro combo store opening soon, we’re about to have some of those questions answered.

What do you think will happen? How do you feel about a co-located store? What does it mean for the average sportsmen/women?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As long as they have a used gun library, I'm good with it.

Otherwise keep them apart.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gremlin1104

Cabela’s Rogers, Arkansas to Become First Bass Pro Combo Store

When the merger between Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s was finalized last year, several members of the outdoors industry and the Fire questioned how the two retailers would co-exist. Well, with the first Bass Pro combo store opening soon, we’re about to have some of those questions answered.

What do you think will happen? How do you feel about a co-located store? What does it mean for the average sportsmen/women?

Lots of large companies have "merged" through acquisition over the years... Abercrombie and Fitch comes to mind.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it would have been good if the local gander mtn hadn't closed. i wished the best for them. but prices and costs are with us.

dicks and their off-spring seems to be in the running. they're looking at the logistics and adjusting.

i walk into any of their stores including academy and ask to see a left-hand turn bolt.

they stare at me, act very courteous, and tell me they don't have one.

that's ok. i've been discriminated against my entire life.

johnson, the war criminal, knows all about it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
it would have been good if the local gander mtn hadn't closed. i wished the best for them. but prices and costs are with us.

dicks and their off-spring seems to be in the running. they're looking at the logistics and adjusting.

i walk into any of their stores including academy and ask to see a left-hand turn bolt.

What does your Johnson have to do with it?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Gus

What does your Johnson have to do with it?

according to johnson, we're all here to serve.

he's here to lead, and we are here to die.

johnson was a war criminal, ok?

the game has changed?

now it's up to us??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever they call it, prices are going to be on the high side.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I personally like the merchandise at Cabelas and most of the time if they don't have it in store (I check online) I order it. Bought a fair amount from BP also. Would like to see a BP in my area of our state as well. Always liked Sportsman Warehouse as well and would welcome another here if they would open one.

So if'n you don't like em vote with your feet and don't part with your gold.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
looked over an ad from Cabelas I got recently - had Red Head clothing advertised in it

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by KFWA
looked over an ad from Cabelas I got recently - had Red Head clothing advertised in it

Locally we only have Bass Pro and I have hope they would get some Cabelas clothing in, I have a few items of their Red Head hunting clothes but they are not made nearly as nice as my Cabelas Camo.

Ted
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bass Pro is Walmart with more workers wearing khakis.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
we have a bass pro on one side of the valley, cabella's on the other.
I think i have been in bass pro's maybe twice. Arrogant staff, and what got my goat were the signs for departments in spanish and english.
We don't live in mexico, yet.
I think i haven't been in the cabella's store since before the merger. Not sure i will go again as i can get most if not all of what i want via the internet.
I do know when they convert that cabella's visa card to bank one, i am canciling it. Won't deal with bank one.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I assumed the original store in Sidney Nebraska was already both Cabelas and Bass Pro. We are getting flyers all the time. Doesn't matter, I'm not going back. The merger left hundreds if not thousands unemployed in western Nebraska. A large part of them young families. I've been loyal to Cabelas since the 60's until now.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I’ll give a report on the Rogers store in a few weeks. I don’t really get the point though. They are pretty much the same concept. It is like having a Sears and a JC Penny store co-located.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’ll give a report on the Rogers store in a few weeks. I don’t really get the point though. They are pretty much the same concept. It is like having a Sears and a JC Penny store co-located.

My son in law worked in corporate at Cabelas. He says the merchandise is a lot lower quality with Bass Pro. I don't care anymore. Midway USA is starting to be my go to ammo place. Everything else can be found easily somewhere else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I will/can give a report on the Rogers store tomorrow (assuming I remember). The local gun club has our monthly meetings there and tonight is the night. I do know they have been doing some modifications inside the store. I have heard there is supposed to be a big change in the fishing department.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ST50
My son in law worked in corporate at Cabelas. He says the merchandise is a lot lower quality with Bass Pro. I don't care anymore. Midway USA is starting to be my go to ammo place. Everything else can be found easily somewhere else.

It's a company. They'll carry the merchandise that garners the best profit given the amount sold and the markup. Plus a certain amount of "draw" products that pull customers in regardless of the profit.

Local Cabela's is already dropping Lowes boats from their line and stocking Tracker. Same for other things to some degree.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by ST50

It's a company. They'll carry the merchandise that garners the best profit given the amount sold and the markup. Plus a certain amount of "draw" products that pull customers in regardless of the profit.

Local Cabela's is already dropping Lowes boats from their line and stocking Tracker. Same for other things to some degree.

well, there it is. the us helped gm, and thus saved their divisions. jeep, etc. is owned by fiat.

we're in a time of change. i miss gander mtn, but bought hardly anything from them.

academy is good, walmart & bass pro. they don't stock left-handed stuff.

let them fight it out in the free markets, and let the markets rule.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bargain Cave in Rogers was gone a few months ago when we dropped in. That was always my first stop, I guess no more.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
They are supposedly going to be 2 separate stores here in Dania, FL. Walk across a walkway from BassPro to Cabela's.

We'll see if it materializes that way.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 348srfun, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,390
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.