Home
Some people believe and some don’t, me I think there’s a whole World of “disembodied intelligences” as close as the nearest ouija board, I got no interest in messing with it.

Reason I’m bringing it up I was just up in NY State where a relative lives in an old farm house that is notorious among our family and which has scared the begeezus out of visitors sleeping in that part of the house.

Mostly knocking and things heard moving. A few times over the years a room has had the bolt slid over from the inside, locking it. One time a relative visiting from England was woken by urgent announcements that the barn was on fire. My ex is the only one who has seen anything, the shape of a boy standing over us when she woke to tugging on our blanket.

Me I’ve stayed in that room several times, cold chills and feelings of unease are frequent, possibly the power of suggestion. This time though there was quick knocking on the door, twice, three knocks each time, no one there I either time.

Me I view these things like I would rats or roaches; a PITA that doesn’t belong there.

If I lived up there I would go to war with the fuggin’ thing until it was gone, tho I dunno how.

I’m curious as to other folks’ thoughts/experiences.
I've had a couple of such incidents. I won't go into detail but to say invoking the name of Jesus Christ and instructing them to leave does wonders for ending the visitation.
When my youngest daughter was three, she had two experiences we witnessed.

#1. She was playing on the floor and I was reading in my recliner. Our oldest daughter was laying on the couch watching a show. Rachel (the 3 year old) stopped playing and looked up at a point that would be someone standing behind my chair. She smiled and nodded her head and said, "yes... yes... Okay, Bye..." When we asked her who she was talking to, she replied, "I don't know."

#2. Rachels was on her mother's lap in a chair while having a book read to her. She looked up at her mom and said, "Your Daddy's here." Noreen's dad had died while she was pregnant with Rachel. Noreen asked her where he was and Rachel pointed to the stairway, and then said, "Never mind. He's gone."
Originally Posted by RickyD
I've had a couple of such incidents. I won't go into detail but to say invoking the name of Jesus Christ and instructing them to leave does wonders for ending the visitation.

This works. And you don’t have to be a Priest......... just a believer.

Ya, that’s what I did every evening, still happened on day 3 tho.

In the greater scheme of things these things seem inconsequential compared to the real evil that men do, that house has been pestered for way to long is all.

Birdie, Spiritual warfare is a real thing,and you are very wise not to mess around with evil my inviting it into your life by occult practices such as ouija boards.

If I were interested in clearing an area of dark spititual activity,I would enlist the aid of a Pastor with experience in this area. I could probably help you find somebody in my denomination in your neck of the woods.

RickyD is right that invoking the name of Jesus is a powerful weapon,but the New Testament makes it clear that this power is only available to those in the faith.

The New Testament gives an example of non believers who tried this and it ended badly.
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
When my youngest daughter was three, she had two experiences we witnessed.

#1. She was playing on the floor and I was reading in my recliner. Our oldest daughter was laying on the couch watching a show. Rachel (the 3 year old) stopped playing and looked up at a point that would be someone standing behind my chair. She smiled and nodded her head and said, "yes... yes... Okay, Bye..." When we asked her who she was talking to, she replied, "I don't know."

#2. Rachels was on her mother's lap in a chair while having a book read to her. She looked up at her mom and said, "Your Daddy's here." Noreen's dad had died while she was pregnant with Rachel. Noreen asked her where he was and Rachel pointed to the stairway, and then said, "Never mind. He's gone."

My own belief is that these things have no direct connection with the dead, with the house in question my own feeling has always been that some sort of evil or murder occurred there in the past. ‘Course my feelings are worth every penny.

"Won't go into detail" means you crapped your drawers
There's a house in Ontario, OR which is haunted. Built in the late 19th Century, apparently bad things happened to children there, the nanny or nurse tried to protect them and supposedly she's the one hanging around.

The owners made the place a bed and breakfast of all things. One bedroom in particular has had "visitors" several time; folks sleeping in the bed will be awakened by the distinct feeling of someone sitting down on the end of it. In the main bedroom the occupants in bed have felt someone pushing down hard on their chests, holding them in place. Cabinets that were closed inexplicably opened, and not just one. The lady of the house has a sewing room in the basement and went out of it briefly, then came back to find every cabinet door opened, this when she was the only person in the house. I've visited the place several times for meetings, Thanksgiving dinners and such and know the folks who owned it, they are not ones given to superstition or hysteria.

Latest event that happened there about ten years ago was a 10 or 11 year old boy blew the side of his little brother's head off with a shotgun.
I, for one, will say, balderdash. Dead, or alive, one or the other it is. Demons are another story.

Yep,ghosts are demons. Count on it.
Thanks for the offer but they wouldn’t accept, the owners of the house just live with it, as it stopped bothering them directly years ago, seems like it picks on visitors. Me personally , I ain’t even willing to tolerate a “truce” situation.

Funniest incident over the years was when the brother in law, who is terrified of the house, agreed to look in on their pets when they were out of town. He walked into the front door and paused in the hallway. Just then, right on cue, a loud alarm clock goes off in an upstairs bedroom. Nobody had set an alarm for two in the afternoon.

I guess one service these things do provide is that they remind us that the physical world we live in ain’t all there is.
I grew up directly across the road from a cemetery and there was another cemetery adjoining our property to the side. When I moved to Lexington, I had an apartment in an old house directly across from the city cemetery.

Basically, for the first 20 years of my life my neighbors were dead bodies,....*lots* of them.

I never saw a ghost.
I think you guys watched or read Amityville Horror one too many times.
Originally Posted by slumlord

"Won't go into detail" means you crapped your drawers

No, it means I won't go into detail.

I will say I was working late in an old building the owners had said was haunted when it happened and after it was done I stayed in the building about another hour and finished my work, all the time with clean britches on. I was never scared. For most of it I thought someone was playing a practical joke on me. That was not the case.

Paranormal is more normal than we think. We are living in one dimension that is temporal. The Spirit world lives in the permanent dimension. Were we able to visit that dimension before our time, those not knowing Jesus and understanding we are children of the Most High God would be terrified. My faith, and experiences therein, have removed most fear from my life, but we all still have to suffer from the flaws of humanity.
I couldn’t even get that hot version of the green fairy to visit me after several absinthe binges.

Was I trying too hard???
I recall as a small kid, I'd sometimes be a bit anxious about the cemeteries around our place. Once my dad told me, "Dead people ain't the ones you've got to worry about.

I was over it by the time I was a teen. My best stereo was in my car. The upper driveway to our place was about 40 yards from the edge of the cemetery that adjoined our property. I'd often sit out in my car late at night listening to music.

My father is buried in that cemetery right next to our old property line, After his graveside service, we all just walked across the yard to our house.
AFAIK Cemetery’s generally ain’t a problem, schools OTOH by accounts might be the most haunted places there are, and typically no one died there.
Originally Posted by deflave

Or maybe you’ve never had an “experience”....
The local Blacks all believe in ghosts and "haints", as they call them. In 1991, someone murdered a Black girl and dumped the body on my farm. The next year I grew tobacco in the field that joined the spot where her body was dumped. I had some Negroes helping me, and they all refused to go anywhere near that spot. One of them asked me if I had ever heard anything strange around there, and I knew what he meant. I told him I'd heard some moaning, but figured it was the wind whistling through the tree tops. "No" he said, what you heard was her spirit.

I had a lot of fun out of them, making up chit and telling them about things I'd seen and heard in the area of the farm. They always responded by telling me that it was either her ghost, or her spirit and nothing else.
The Bible says there is no contact between the dead and the living. Demonic spirits, however, are very real and dangerous. Jesus can run them off. We can't. Don't mess with the occult. You might get into something way over your head.
I’m prepared to believe there’s a rational explanation for these things.

On the topic of schools ask the District Cops who have to respond to motion detectors and hallway camera footage, or ask the custodial staff who are often alone after hours.

My own school is notorious tho nothing happened to me for decades. Only exception was one Sunday during the daytime.

Whole school locked down except for me and two other teachers working on a project hurrying to meet a Monday deadline.

After we had been there some hours a classroom door begins to repeatedly slam upstairs. We KNOW nobody is up there because of where we were working, no hallway footage, no entry/exit alarms triggered, this in broad daylight. We just accepted it for what it was knowing the stories over the years and kept on working, it coulda come down the hallway in chains, we had a deadline to meet. I did wonder where the energy came from to slam a door that hard.

But like I said compared to real-world evils, these things seem minor.

In the same way while it seems like you can get a ouija board to talk back to you, I dunno that anybody ever got useful information from one, like next week’s lottery numbers.

JMHO
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible says there is no contact between the dead and the living. Demonic spirits, however, are very real and dangerous. Jesus can run them off. We can't. Don't mess with the occult. You might get into something way over your head.

No worries, I wouldn’t even go on a downtown “Ghost Tour”.
Originally Posted by Tom264

Or maybe you’ve never had an “experience”....

Because I'm filled with the Holy Spirit. Probably.
Ok not the type of thread I though it was going to be.

Very best synopsis on this thread. Great job Rock.
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Birdie, Spiritual warfare is a real thing,and you are very wise not to mess around with evil my inviting it into your life by occult practices such as ouija boards.

If I were interested in clearing an area of dark spititual activity,I would enlist the aid of a Pastor with experience in this area. I could probably help you find somebody in my denomination in your neck of the woods.

RickyD is right that invoking the name of Jesus is a powerful weapon,but the New Testament makes it clear that this power is only available to those in the faith.

The New Testament gives an example of non believers who tried this and it ended badly.

If you believe Jesus is alive and real, you don’t need a Pastor or any other “ professional “.

If you doubt that He is alive and real, a Professional ain’t gonna help you.

Christ is either sufficient, or He is not.
I swear.....you guys are like a bunch of old women. crazy
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Are we not Children of the Most High God? Did not Jesus say of the generations to come that we would do all that He did and more? Did He not say, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils." and ""And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."? Do demons sit higher? I don't think so. Are we not heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ? I think we got this.

Because I'm filled with the Holy Spirit.

That’s what she said.
Posted By: Gus Re: Spirits and haunts and such. - 08/16/18
Originally Posted by kingston

That’s what she said.

there ain't a demon out there that can deal with even one of the assault troops that god sent to urth to civilize this place.

the process continues..
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The local Blacks all believe in ghosts and "haints", as they call them. In 1991, someone murdered a Black girl and dumped the body on my farm. The next year I grew tobacco in the field that joined the spot where her body was dumped. I had some Negroes helping me, and they all refused to go anywhere near that spot. One of them asked me if I had ever heard anything strange around there, and I knew what he meant. I told him I'd heard some moaning, but figured it was the wind whistling through the tree tops. "No" he said, what you heard was her spirit.

I had a lot of fun out of them, making up chit and telling them about things I'd seen and heard in the area of the farm. They always responded by telling me that it was either her ghost, or her spirit and nothing else.

Why you gotta put the power play on them brothas?? 😄
Renegade wont park within a 1/2 fuggin mile of a pioneer cemetery in the back areas of FTCKY military reservation

rising steam ghost lady or some crap

bwahahaha
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Are we not Children of the Most High God? Did not Jesus say of the generations to come that we would do all that He did and more? Did He not say, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils." and ""And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."? Do demons sit higher? I don't think so. Are we not heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ? I think we got this.
None of us can drive out a demon. Only the Holy Spirit can do that. We must be filled with him to be able to do it.
This place is starting to sound like a bunch of blue gummers on haloween. Lody lody dey be debils all up in heah.

mike r
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Spirits and haunts and such. - 08/16/18
I always stand in awe of the 'fire members who positively know that such things don't exist. My weakness in thinking that there may be more to the universe than I know is a great source of shame.
Old colored ppl in these parts paint the bottom trunk of a tree white. And bury tires half in the ground and paint white. To keep the Haints out.
Originally Posted by Gus

That’s what she said.

there ain't a demon out there that can deal with even one of the assault troops that god sent to urth to civilize this place.

the process continues..

I want to hear more about this.
I have had numerous encounters with "spirits", in numerous locations, with many witnesses thru the years...I even have a video on my phone. Some are "sensitive" to their presence, some aren't...they are not the dead, they are evil...they are demonic.

I had a mean spirit in my house for a year, it took another year to dispel of it...it made it's presence clearly known, it grabbed you HARD...believe what you want, but trust in Christ.
Renegade wont park within a 1/2 fuggin mile of a pioneer cemetery in the back areas of FTCKY military reservation

bwahahaha

White shawl lady looking for chyt on the ground on
LZ Saunders
Southern side of area 50 and 46

Fugging upper body outlines peaking out from behind trees as ya walk past
Going up in that big y shaped valley

It's that area where I drilled that 8pt when we linked up one mornng.

Ain't no fugging way I go in that place before sun-up.

Chyts for real man!!!!

Just like that fugging bell witch

Ain't no fugging way I will ever go to that place either

I would dare anyone to go spend a night in that fugging place

Fugg I don't want bad karma chyt from the dead, you know that man.

Not much scares me, but bad vibe chyt from the dead needs to be advoided.

I haven't met a ghost, yet, and I don't expect to.
i've seen stuff.... ill leave it at that.

It most certainly does. I've dealt with my share of them.

That’s what she said.

Damn you! That’s my line!!!
Originally Posted by stxhunter
This
Originally Posted by renegade50

bwahahaha

White shawl lady looking for chyt on the ground on
LZ Saunders
Southern side of area 50 and 46

Fugging upper body outlines peaking out from behind trees as ya walk past
Going up in that big y shaped valley

It's that area where I drilled that 8pt when we linked up one mornng.

Ain't no fugging way I go in that place before sun-up.

Chyts for real man!!!!

Just like that fugging bell witch

Ain't no fugging way I will ever go to that place either

I would dare anyone to go spend a night in that fugging place

Fugg I don't want bad karma chyt from the dead, you know that man.

Not much scares me, but bad vibe chyt from the dead needs to be advoided.

How long had you been w/out sleep? I once was attacked by a giant cartoon Pelican on day 3 of SERE.

mike r
https://www.amazon.com/Uninvited-Criterion-Collection-Ray-Milland/dp/B00DZP1C9K
I don't believe in any of that haint stuff.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[
My own belief is that these things have no direct connection with the dead, with the house in question my own feeling has always been that some sort of evil or murder occurred there in the past. ‘Course my feelings are worth every penny.

We built the house on an empty farmer's field. If there was a murder there, it happened before the house.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
One bedroom in particular has had "visitors" several time; folks sleeping in the bed will be awakened
by the distinct feeling of someone sitting down on the end of it...

I have experienced that myself more than once to know I wasn't just dreaming it.

and others things that happened repeatedly over the yrs that no other logical explanation
could be found.

The Spirit world lives in the permanent dimension. Were we able to visit that dimension before our time,
those not knowing Jesus and understanding we are children of the Most High God would be terrified.

I have know a number of people who are not christians and they were not terrified by paranormal experiences.

some have also managed to get spirits to leave them alone without invoking Jesus Christ.

People have been doing just such before Jesus came along to visit this earth...but people are entitled
to their own preferred brand of witch doctoring I guess.
Birdy, what did your buds in Africa say about it? wink

Btw, i think you mean "haints", or is that the down low East Texas pronunciation.

3 knocks area meant as an insult to the Holy Trinity. Never open a door to check on the knock unless someone is for sure on the other side.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If you believe Jesus is alive and real, you don’t need a Pastor or any other “ professional “.

If you doubt that He is alive and real, a Professional ain’t gonna help you.

Christ is either sufficient, or He is not.

And as "The Warden" just said - "You can't just test drive Jesus."
Originally Posted by Steelhead
3 knocks area meant as an insult to the Holy Trinity. Never open a door to check on the knock unless someone is for sure on the other side.

I dunno why Satan would feel the need to resort to cheap theatrics. Heck, stuff like this drives people back to God.

I bet you have...After drinking that lightning in a bottle you make. 😀😎
To All,

Fwiw, all images & visitations are NOT demons or ghosts.

SOME are ANGELS or some other sort of Heavenly creatures. = My late wife, some weeks before her final hospital confinement, was visited by what we both were convinced was an Angel.

Vicki said that she was visited by a lovely young woman, about her age, in a long yellow dress, who suddenly appeared in our living room, talked with Vicki for quite some time & then as quickly disappeared. - When I asked her what they talked about, Vicki smiled & softly said, "Honey, it was just some girl talk; we need to do that sometimes. & I'm feeling much better now."
Vicki told me later that she felt much better & looked forward to seeing the YL again, when she reached Heaven.
(She did achieve ETERNAL GLORY about 4 months later.)

yours, tex
My aunt and uncle past away within a couple hours of each other. They were in the same room in different beds, but both laying on their sides so they would be facing one another.

George, my uncle passed first, within seconds after him dying, Sue, my aunt started to giggle and laugh. She wasn’t aware George had just died.

Sue’s, daughter, Luanne, who happens to be an RN asked her mother what she was laughing at? Sue, said your father is showing me his dance moves and making funny faces at me...Luanne said “Mom, where is dad dancing right now?” Sue pointed toward the wall behind her dead husband. They was 4’ft between my uncles bed and the wall...I guess Ol George was breaking out some new dance moves for his wife once he left his body. Sue passed away around 3 hours later...😎
Dreams , that is a lot of what goes on they can be so real . Once I was in a very realistic dream , dreamed I was in the sheet house and woke up in the bed . I could have said ghost did it , but there was a tail tail sign that said otherwise .
Kenneth
I don't believe in any of this ghost or spirit stuff. It seems to me that the only people who ever experience any are those who do believe in it.
i own a house been in the family over 100 years. Various members of the family have experience the sounds of someone walking, doors opening and shuting, my daughter has had women's groups stay overnight, and various members have experienced the same thing. Candles lighting where nobody lit them, and so on. I pretty much have never stayed in the house overnight unless someone else is there too.
wife has a crocheted Jesus in a frame, sometimes lights up at night. Other disturbances too. It isn't just us, but visitors have experienced the same thing, so much a few have said they would never stay there again.
I know of several people who died in the house. I am pretty sure who it is that is causing the ruckus. I have had offers of help from people who reseach these things, but i ain't gonna upset the residents anymore than i have too.
Those in residence don't seem to be particularly harmful.
My Cambodian in-laws firmly believe in this. They basically practice it. One day, after a somewhat painful visit with them, where they were showing off their new Section 8 housing, I had a lapse of decorum. As we were leaving, my sweet fifteen yeaor old niece asked me what I thought of their new place. Note- I can't stand her mother but she was a nice kid.

I told her, " Linda, I remember this place. This made the news about forty years ago."

"Really? Why?", the innocent asked.

"It was a huge scandal at first, then covered up. The company that built these houses built over a graveyard - and they only removed the headstones. There are corpses in their graves underneath this house as I speak", I said loudly, blatantly stealing the story line of Poltergeist.

Chaos ensued as the English speaking segment ran to their little shrines and began praying and screaming to the spirits. They were immediately joined by the others as they began to understand the serious of the issue.

Linda was shocked by the clamor and the almost palpable feel of the heightened emotions as panic swirled through the house. Then her brow wrinkled and she look back at me.

"Uncle Tracy, is that true?", she asked, as more than a little bit of skepticism crept into her voice.

"Absolutely not. But don't tell anyone until after I am gone."
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Old colored ppl in these parts paint the bottom trunk of a tree white. And bury tires half in the ground and paint white. To keep the Haints out.

Thanks! I've seen white painted trunks and tires and never knew why they were painted that way. You learn something new every day!

People may laugh, but has anybody ever seen any haints around those places? Huh?

It works.....
Posted By: Gus Re: Spirits and haunts and such. - 08/18/18

People may laugh, but has anybody ever seen any haints around those places? Huh?

It works.....

why no, they haven't. and i've always thought the folks were painting their tree trunks and half buried tires to show the neighbors that they were somebody, and not a bunch of riff-raff. that they were going the extra mile to be somebody in their community.

had never even thought of the spiritual/metaphyical angle to the demonstration of their paintings.

never seen a haint in those yards. have heard tell of folks pouring out of windowless shacks when a 10-22 opened up against the sides of heartpine shanty at midnight.

but, that's different from the subject at hand.

It works.....

Good point....can't argue with that logic

Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Thanks! I've seen white painted trunks and tires and never knew why they were painted that way. You learn something new every day!

Granddad got it right whitewashing tree trunks

Discover ideas about Flower Pots My white washed tire flower pots!
Almost all the trees I've seen painted white are fruit trees. The white paint reflects the sun's UV and prevents the bark from blistering. Warding off the Sun God's evil effects maybe?
I wanna hear a detailed account about them boogeymen that keep chasin' Renegade50 around Fort Campbell.
In 1971, while stationed in Taiwan, I met a little Chinese girl. We married in 1974 and were inseparable until her death in1988. She was my best friend, hunting and fishing partner and drinking buddy...I was not complete without her. We had no close friends and neither of us had family so when she died I was alone. Two days after her funeral I was in bed trying not very successfully to sleep when I felt some one sit on the edge of what had been our bed. It was her. We talked for a while and I apologized for screwing up her funeral and a lot of other things. She forgave me, kissed my cheek and was gone. Two years later, I was working as a heavy truck mechanic in Anchorage. I had gone in to work on a Sunday morning. Had to walk through a foot and a half of fresh snow to get into the shop. Mine were the only tracks in that snow. As often happened back then, I felt a depression coming on so I stepped out side for a little fresh air. When I opened the door I felt a warmth come over me and realized she was there. I breathed deeply and felt the depression lift. Looking down at the snow I saw, on top of my tracks, the chop stick she used to hold up her hair.

My God, how I miss her.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

It works.....

Good point....can't argue with that logic

Around here they painted the tree trunks around the beer joints. So they could see 'em better at night when they were drunk. Saved 'em from walking or driving into a tree , didn't have anything to do with haints , just had to do with drunkenness.

Mike
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I wanna hear a detailed account about them boogeymen that keep chasin' Renegade50 around Fort Campbell.

Some people blow away hummingbirds for fun because they are little, maybe they were freaked out by Tinkerbell as a kid I dunno. Turns out killing hummingbirds is really, really bad ju ju. Bad ju ju can manifest itself in many ways.....
Originally Posted by Alonzo_Tubbs
In 1971, while stationed in Taiwan, I met a little Chinese girl. We married in 1974 and were inseparable until her death in1988. She was my best friend, hunting and fishing partner and drinking buddy...I was not complete without her. We had no close friends and neither of us had family so when she died I was alone. Two days after her funeral I was in bed trying not very successfully to sleep when I felt some one sit on the edge of what had been our bed. It was her. We talked for a while and I apologized for screwing up her funeral and a lot of other things. She forgave me, kissed my cheek and was gone. Two years later, I was working as a heavy truck mechanic in Anchorage. I had gone in to work on a Sunday morning. Had to walk through a foot and a half of fresh snow to get into the shop. Mine were the only tracks in that snow. As often happened back then, I felt a depression coming on so I stepped out side for a little fresh air. When I opened the door I felt a warmth come over me and realized she was there. I breathed deeply and felt the depression lift. Looking down at the snow I saw, on top of my tracks, the chop stick she used to hold up her hair.

My God, how I miss her.

Egad, what a sad situation :sad:

Some people blow away hummingbirds for fun because they are little, maybe they were freaked out by Tinkerbell as a kid I dunno. Turns out killing hummingbirds is really, really bad ju ju. Bad ju ju can manifest itself in many ways.....

Yeah?,.......

Boogermen to hummingbirds,....

Kinda sounds like one o'them revelations that comes about as the result of a box of wine.
Renegard50: Boogerman jumped out from behind a tree at me down to Ft. Campbell one day.

Birdwatcher: Uh-huh!,....uh-huh!,...you shot a hummingbird, didn't ya?!
The threads on here can sure take off in some fugged up directions sometimes,...
,....and I got a buzz.

I can just imagine what this chit sounds like to a tea-totaler.

My God, how I miss her.

I think it's fortunate that he had the opportunity at that kind of love. Of course not fortunate that she died, but the love expressed is a wonderful thing.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

My God, how I miss her.

I think it's fortunate that he had the opportunity at that kind of love. Of course not fortunate that she died, but the love expressed is a wonderful thing.

this
I have two stories, take them however you like.

When I was in college my Uncle Larry died. When he was a kid he was hit by a car while riding a bike and had some brain damage as a result. Slower, somewhat slurred speech, a little bit of coordination issues, some old scarring that you could still see. That's how I knew him my entire life.

A few months after he died I went to visit my grandparents one weekend when they had a few other family members over for a little get together. Due to this I ended up sleeping on the couch, while their bedroom was off to the side of the living room.

I don't know if I actually woke up and saw this, or sensed that he was there and it played out in a dream and woke up in my dream to see it, but my Uncle Larry was there. I was laying on the couch, looked up, and saw him standing at the door to their bedroom. And during this I had the most amazing feeling, I guess you could call it euphoria, but I really have no way to describe it. I just felt amazing, the best mood ever, the best feeling ever, and I couldn't stop smiling. He was wearing a red shirt, had no visible scars, no coordination issues, no speech issues, and was just looking in at them. After a while he said he was leaving now, in a very clear voice. None of the physical difficulties I had known him to have, only what would be his true self without the childhood accident.

I woke up the next morning still smiling, still in a great mood. One way or another, he was there - don't care what anyone thinks or says otherwise.

The other incident was early this year. My dog, Bailey, died while I was in training for my new job while she stayed at my dad's. I sold my house in CO, was buying one in ID, had a few months of training ahead so brought a few things and Bailey down to his house for the time I was in training and would visit when I could. She was just shy of 12 years old, she had been with me through several jobs, marriage, miscarriage, divorce, living in five states, two countries, going into the Army, a deployment, getting out of the Army, always an amazing and loyal dog. Hit me hard when she died, was completely out of the blue, in her sleep. Still got around great, tons of energy, thought she had years left.

So... I have an analog watch, typical tick.tick.tick for the seconds. When the battery gets low it does a tick tick................. tick tick................ that kind of resembles a heartbeat when you listen to it.

Anyway, I had to fly down to his place and was constantly looking at my watch to catch two different flights. Worked like normal. The battery was about 9 years old at that point. Two flights, walking through the airport, in the car on the way to his house, worked normally. I got in the house, trying not to tear up of course, and just wanted to get to the spare bedroom where she was staying and close the door.

For anyone who is a dog person, it is very hard losing one that you're close to. So of course I got in the room, closed the door, and started crying knowing that was the bed she died on in her sleep. Laid down on the bed and after a few minutes glanced at my watch and had to do a double-take. Tick tick................ tick tick................. tick tick.................. resembling that heartbeat again.

Coincidence? Let's gamble that it is a 10 year battery, went out in year 9. Very expected. But to not only narrow it down to the month, the week, the day.... not even just the morning. But narrow it down to not the plane rides, not the drive to his house... not any other time for my battery to start doing that except for when I was laying on that bed - a very specific 30 minutes in the course of the entire 9th year of that battery, what are the odds? Not just any 30 minutes, but those 30 minutes, in that place. I don't see it as coincidence, but maybe just a message that she's doing well and her heart is still beating strong and I don't need to feel so bad.

Again, don't care what anyone else thinks about it, take it as you like.
Originally Posted by satx78247
To All,

Fwiw, all images & visitations are NOT demons or ghosts.

Im inclined to agree.

some family members have seen one passed grandparent standing in the home doorway
and some have seen apparitions of dogs we once had walk through parts of the house.

nobody said they felt spooked, threatened or interfered with.

Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I don't believe in any of this ghost or spirit stuff. It seems to me that the only people who ever experience
any are those who do believe in it.

There are some people who used to be total sceptics like you, but a series of experiences
totally changed their view.
Then what?
Then what?

Then you have another PITA to deal with in your house besides rodents, bugs and plumbing issues, and by most accounts the best way to deal with it is to develop a relationship with Jesus.

Sorta like supernatural spiritual blackmail.
another common item was/is visitations from dead relatives when the person is near the end. My mother experienced this among others. I asked a Mayo certified doctor about this, and he said i can give you the medical opinion or what i believe. He said his mother, and hundreds of patients did the same thing, there is jus a very narrow curtain between now and the hereafter, and some people can see through to the hereafter.
I could mention at age 15 my m/c accident in which i should have died. I did go through than tunnel of light and warmth and i could feel the other side until this voice told me it wasn't my time i had to go back. I was arguing, i didn't want to go back. I did, and didn't talk about it for many years. I later understood what the voice was telling me. I married a woman 10 years older than me with three kids. We have been married 43years now. That was the unfinished business. I knew within 15minutes of meeting her she was going to be my wife.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
another common item was/is visitations from dead relatives when the person is near the end. My mother experienced this among others. I asked a Mayo certified doctor about this, and he said i can give you the medical opinion or what i believe. He said his mother, and hundreds of patients did the same thing, there is jus a very narrow curtain between now and the hereafter, and some people can see through to the hereafter.
I could mention at age 15 my m/c accident in which i should have died. I did go through than tunnel of light and warmth and i could feel the other side until this voice told me it wasn't my time i had to go back. I was arguing, i didn't want to go back. I did, and didn't talk about it for many years. I later understood what the voice was telling me. I married a woman 10 years older than me with three kids. We have been married 43years now. That was the unfinished business. I knew within 15minutes of meeting her she was going to be my wife.

OTOH the absolutely awful vibe given off by a bad spirit/demon might be a slight foretaste of what Hell might be like.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I couldn’t even get that hot version of the green fairy to visit me after several absinthe binges.

Was I trying too hard???

Next time add a few of those Texas cactus buttons to that foreign bred wormwood juice.........let it stew fer a bit..............coupla months oughta do it...............

however, the green fairy may just turn out to be wooboo gooboo with the green teeth. grin

Geno
Birdwatcher,

Some things can't be explained in our terms perhaps?

ESP type stuff with my mother? Feelings of extreme unease in various places? Deja Vu?

I try to get along good with the dead. Used to go drink at night with the dead Hebrew folks in a cemetery in Harrisburg. Have always and still tip my hat and say hello to the departed folks in any cemetery/memorial park I pass while driving.

Owls are a symbol some folks fear as messengers of death. Once had an barn owl I tried to save, came to me under a palm tree while I was delivering papers one morning as a kid. Kinda remember it looking at me as it died. All my life I've been a night person. Always been partial to owls. Native fellas have told me that's a tough spirit animal to have, very strong, very deadly. Owls still visit regularly........because of where I live? Because I try not to needlessly harm animals? Had one hanging out here on our backyard fence last year, brought its fledgling. 15-20 feet from our living room window. Wife saw it come take a bath in the dogs' pool one morning. No bad schidt happened. Native fellas I've known would be saying extra prayers if an owl got that close to their place.

Good luck with the visitor/s in Upstate. Loads of "history" up there.

Geno
Renegard50: Boogerman jumped out from behind a tree at me down to Ft. Campbell one day.

I have never shot a hummingbird in my life.
Just made up that story to get your goat.
You ain't getting no money for that space I have temporally "rented" in your mind either.
The Bible says there is no contact between the dead and the living.

Then what about 1 Samuel 28 when the witch of Endor conjured up the spirit of Samuel for Saul?
Wasn’t there dead and living communications there?
Read 1 Samuel 28:15

And then what about Jesus on mount Transifiguration?
Matthew 17 3
Wasn’t Jesus who was alive communicating with the dead?

I have never shot a hummingbird in my life.
Just made up that story to get your goat.
You ain't getting no money for that space I have temporally "rented" in your mind either.

My goat? I’m a populations guy, as in Texans alone can shoot four million doves every year without endangering the population.

If you’re out fishing on the Gulf of Mexico in the spring or fall, ruby-throated hummingbirds will come in flying just above the water, raise up to fly over the boat and then keep on going in a straight line, 300-500 miles of open water depending on location. Headwinds, rain, seabirds all can kill them. How many do you suppose don’t survive the attempt?

They figure a ruby-throat can make it from Vermont to Costa Rica in about 15 days, pretty damned impressive if ya ask me.
I always thought one of those garden guns would make good hummingbird medicine.

Then what about 1 Samuel 28 when the witch of Endor conjured up the spirit of Samuel for Saul?

Endor? As in Ewoks?

Hot damn!

Lol!
A real laughing matter ain’t it?.........
It is funnier than schit.
Psalm 14:1
Some people believe and some don’t, me I think there’s a whole World of “disembodied intelligences” as close as the nearest ouija board, I got no interest in messing with it.

Reason I’m bringing it up I was just up in NY State where a relative lives in an old farm house that is notorious among our family and which has scared the begeezus out of visitors sleeping in that part of the house.

Mostly knocking and things heard moving. A few times over the years a room has had the bolt slid over from the inside, locking it. One time a relative visiting from England was woken by urgent announcements that the barn was on fire. My ex is the only one who has seen anything, the shape of a boy standing over us when she woke to tugging on our blanket.

Me I’ve stayed in that room several times, cold chills and feelings of unease are frequent, possibly the power of suggestion. This time though there was quick knocking on the door, twice, three knocks each time, no one there I either time.

Me I view these things like I would rats or roaches; a PITA that doesn’t belong there.

If I lived up there I would go to war with the fuggin’ thing until it was gone, tho I dunno how.

I would like to poo-poo the idea and call you on it, but in truth I cannot as some places raise the hackles regardless of time of day.

That’s quite a leap. I just found it hilarious.

Some of you folk are sure wound up tight.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I would like to poo-poo the idea and call you on it, but in truth I cannot as some places raise the hackles regardless of time of day.

When I was 8 or so, I was scared schitless to stand in front of a mirror in the bathroom, turn out the lights, and say Bloody Mary” three times.

Then I did it. After that it was just funny trying to get the other kids to do it.

Quiji boards, or however ya spell it, were always pretty gay. They never spooked me. Spookiest I got was in dark, old, empty, building we weren’t supposed to be in.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by JSTUART

When I was 8 or so, I was scared schitless to stand in front of a mirror in the bathroom, turn out the lights, and say Bloody Mary” three times.

Then I did it. After that it was just funny trying to get the other kids to do it.

Quiji boards, or however ya spell it, were always pretty gay. They never spooked me. Spookiest I got was in dark, old, empty, building we weren’t supposed to be in.

Ouija boards are cool.

Drink some Boone's Farm or Annie Green Springs wine, have cute girls with you, maybe partake in some of that other stuff that floated around during the late 60's and you too might see how they work.

Seances performed in a similar manner were fun too.

Geno

Not wound up tight.
I just don’t find joking about Biblical stuff funny
This who did or do usually find out soon enough their folly.

Not wound up tight.

If you don't think god has a sense of humor explain the fart.

mike r

Not wound up tight.

Ironically God finds it funny to joke about you.
How about this statue of Satan that the Arkansas Satanic Temple placed in front of the AR state capitol building? If this doesn't make your skin crawl, nothing will. They did it to counter the 10 Commandments plaque. These people have no idea who they're dealing with. They're toast. SATAN

[Linked Image]
I don't care for this thread. Some things are better left alone.

Were you drinking legal stuff, Roger?
Originally Posted by curdog4570

This works. And you don’t have to be a Priest......... just a believer.

Yep, a simple, Get the behind me, Satan. I am saved by the stripes of Jesus. Then the Lords prayer if you wish. Dry off the sweat when your strenght returns and go into a peacefull sleep.
If you believe in God, you must believe in evil....don't fugg with the spirits !
[Linked Image]

It looks like commentary on interracial marriage.
I can see fugkin' a goat, but worship? That's just silly.
Looks like a rod of Asclepius on goat boys belt.

That’s pretty cool.
Pussy whipped is pussy whipped.

Not wound up tight.

If you and your god have no sense of humor, you’re definitely wound up too tight!

Mean while, in the Bible:

What's with the Scout's Honor sign?
My God and I do in fact have a sense of humor but to joke around about His Word No way.
Gotta know when to draw the line.
What you are doing is mocking Him, and anybody who has read the Bible knows what happens to those that makes mockery of Him.
It’s a warning that’s all.
I just assumed it was used to attract children.
Scouts are a Satan worshiping cult. Much like Jews and Masons.

It’s all in the symbology.
My God and I do in fact have a sense of humor but to joke around about His Word No way.
What you are doing is mocking Him, and anybody who has read the Bible knows what happens to those that makes mockery of Him.

Gotcha. I’ll work on being more pious.
If his pinky finger up was up, he’d be looking for milfs.

They go on to Hollywood and make millions?

Fugkin' guy can't afford a pack of Twizzlers?
Scouts are a Satan worshiping cult. Much like Jews and Masons.

It’s all in the symbology.

Too many Monster drinks will draw one to the dark side.
[Linked Image]

It looks like commentary on interracial marriage.

Looks like some kinda goatheaded priestly pedophile , wonder if him & the pope are buds ?

Mike
Symbology. Lol . .....This movie is hilarious. Haven’t seen it in years.

One thing that has always struck me as disingenuous about reported hauntings is,..people always describe the ghosts as being dressed in some manner of clothing,...usually old style clothes.

I suppose I could be convinced that a body has a ghost that either leaves or hangs around if sufficient evidence was presented. But I'll never believe that clothes have ghosts.
If you see a ghost,..it's gonna be nekkid.

Ghosts don't get ghost clothes.

Fugkin' guy can't afford a pack of Twizzlers?

With food allergies and whatnot, I guess he was playing it safe.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
If you believe in God, you must believe in evil....don't fugg with the spirits !

Or abuse the sacramental wine.

why did so many monestary monks in earlier centuries produce hard liquor?

Some peoples interpretations of scripture are worth a chuckle.
I would not call that mocking God, just the sheep brain fools he made in abundant numbers.

....Jesus on mount Transifiguration? Matthew 17 3

Tom, as is so often typically the case, there are so many Christians that don't know their Bible.
Posted By: Gus Re: Spirits and haunts and such. - 08/20/18
why is the good the enemy of perfection? so many questions, so little time.
One thing that has always struck me as disingenuous about reported hauntings is,..people always describe the ghosts as being dressed in some manner of clothing,...usually old style clothes.

I suppose I could be convinced that a body has a ghost that either leaves or hangs around if sufficient evidence was presented. But I'll never believe that clothes have ghosts.

👍🏼
Posted By: Gus Re: Spirits and haunts and such. - 08/20/18
all of these minor little details are just serving to kill a perfectly good story.

just why can't a ghost have on some clothes of the age & time of their presence in the flesh on the urth?

i mean, come on guys, we've got a series of ghost stories to uphold for future generations.

halloween will be here soon, and the veil will be thin if it's close to a full moon on the Day.

and besides we all know that gold-plated ouiji boards are no more effective than silver plated ones.

as Nancy Reagan was fond of sayin, "we've got too many folks who don't know the truth." or something like that.
For many, giant hairy ghost dong is horrifying.
Originally Posted by Gus

just why can't a ghost have on some clothes of the age & time of their presence in the flesh on the urth?

If a pair of blue jeans had a ghost, they'd cost more.

And then what about Jesus on mount Transifiguration?
Matthew 17 3
Wasn’t Jesus who was alive communicating with the dead?

No Jesus wasn't communicating with the dead. God is the God of the living. Moses and Elias are/were very much alive. It's only Moses' earfly body that is dead. St. Elias actually by-passed that whole dying thing enroute to Heaven.

👍🏼

Reminds of something on the radio. “Always wear your good clothes, if you die today what you are wearing will be your ghost clothes” 😂😂

mmmmmn?

Buncha prudes around here?

or just SLOW?

Geno

PS, yep, you's as twisted as i thot you was shocked
I’m thinking slow.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Originally Posted by stevelyn

No Jesus wasn't communicating with the dead. God is the God of the living. Moses and Elias are/were very much alive.
It's only Moses' earfly body that is dead...

its every deceased humans body that is only dead...or asleep.

God has custody of all spirits from the deceased as they await judgement.
Those who believe that Samuel was really the crafty devil in disguise would then need to understand that God
would have permitted the devil to take that guise and fulfil the request Saul made to the woman.

1 Samuel 28:15

"And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted(disturbed) me, to bring me up?"

Saul had the woman stir or awake the dead Samuel from his rest or sleep.

The woman was suspicious and cautious of calling up the dead, for Saul himself had banned such practices and punished people
with execution for doing such in his kingdom... Saul however came in disguise so as not to alert the woman.
When the apparition of Samuel appeared the woman was made aware that her client was Saul in disguise.

1 Samuel 16:14 (God sends an evil spirit upon Saul)

"But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the LORD troubled him."

1 Samuel 16:23

" And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand:
so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him."

Thats a real spanner in the works for some christians... wink
My dad's been gone a long time now, but I've always thought he comes back every once in a while. Dad was a great practical joker in his day, and every once in a while, I inexplicably loose track of something. I'm sure my car keys were hanging on the hook in the kitchen, but I'll find them on the sink in the bathroom. I'll find my boots laced and tied sitting in the corner when I'm sure I had them opened up to dry out. Just little stuff like that. It's happened enough to make me just pause, smile, and remember the old man with fond memories. I like to think he just wants to make sure I'm not forgetting about him.

Dad always loved seeing the chickadees when he was out deer hunting. Now it seems like every year they come and find me. One frequently lands on my gun barrel or even on the bill of my cap if I'm sitting still. I like to think this is Dad dropping by to say "Hi".

I've never had any scary occurrences, but there is a hotel near here that's reported to be haunted, and stuff frequently happens there. Bumps in the middle of the night, lights inexplicably coming on or off, clomping sounds of a horse going by, etc.
Posted By: tzone Re: Spirits and haunts and such. - 08/20/18

[Linked Image]

It would be a whole lot cooler if Satan had his pinky finger in the air giving em all the "shocker."
Posted By: tzone Re: Spirits and haunts and such. - 08/20/18

[Linked Image]

It would be a whole lot cooler if Satan had his pinky finger in the air giving em all the "shocker."

grin

YES!!
Posted By: barm Re: Spirits and haunts and such. - 08/20/18

The house we live in now has had many such things happen:

A strong smell of a woman's perfume coming into a room.

The bed shaking violently late at night which woke me, my wife, and the dog.

A strange cloud or mist which formed in front of me. It kept swirling and getting bigger, but disappeared when I reached to put my hand in it.

The sound of a baby crying on several occassions.

I heard someone get up from the bed and walk across the room as I entered on the bedrooms, but I couldn't see anyone there.

When our son was born and too young to sit-up or roll-over, we found him wrapped in his blanket like a papoose. Neither my wife or I wanted him wrapped, we would merely lay his blanket on top of him. This happened a couple of times.

A large flash of blue light at night in the bedroom.

An eight pound weight moving on its own.

Cold spots in the house which I couldn't explain.

I never saw a figure of a person in my house, but I did in my neighbor's house. We were moving some furniture of a deceased relative into his house. When we entered his basement I saw a shadow on the wall which was so dark it looked like it was painted onto it. The shadow walked along the wall and then disappeared into the wall. Weird!!!

Another thing to note, I think my son can see things I can't. He would get scared and point and things in the house and cry and want to get away from something.

After the bed shaking incident I got mad and I walked all around the house talking/yelling to the air. I am sure I looked crazy. I told the person or ghost or whatever you want to call them that this was my house. I bought it and I am staying here. You need to shut the f**** up and I don't want to hear you or see you. If you can't do that then get the f*** out of here. You are dead. Move on to where dead people go if you can't keep to yourself.

After I did that it quieted down alot. I still think its there. Now I think it is trying to interact with my son and not the adults.

I think I see it the way you do. It is annoying. I have never felt like someone was trying to hurt me, only trying to get my attention. I think you should have a discussion and lay down some ground rules. It seemed to help a bit for me.
BOO!!

How many of you jumped? Be honest.
Originally Posted by barm

A strange cloud or mist which formed in front of me. It kept swirling and getting bigger, but disappeared when I reached to put my hand in it.

I heard someone get up from the bed and walk across the room as I entered on the bedrooms, but I couldn't see anyone there.

When our son was born and too young to sit-up or roll-over, we found him wrapped in his blanket like a papoose. Neither my wife or I wanted him wrapped, we would merely lay his blanket on top of him. This happened a couple of times.

I never saw a figure of a person in my house, but I did in my neighbor's house. We were moving some furniture of a deceased relative into his house. When we entered his basement I saw a shadow on the wall which was so dark it looked like it was painted onto it. The shadow walked along the wall and then disappeared into the wall. Weird!!!

Another thing to note, I think my son can see things I can't. He would get scared and point and things in the house and cry and want to get away from something.

After the bed shaking incident I got mad and I walked all around the house talking/yelling to the air. I am sure I looked crazy. I told the person or ghost or whatever you want to call them that this was my house. I bought it and I am staying here. You need to shut the f**** up and I don't want to hear you or see you. If you can't do that then get the f*** out of here. You are dead. Move on to where dead people go if you can't keep to yourself.

After I did that it quieted down alot. I still think its there. Now I think it is trying to interact with my son and not the adults.

I think I see it the way you do. It is annoying. I have never felt like someone was trying to hurt me, only trying to get my attention. I think you should have a discussion and lay down some ground rules. It seemed to help a bit for me.

Time to move .....
Might make some profit also.
Win Win.........
Originally Posted by barm

Time to move .....
Might make some profit also.
Win Win.........

Actually we are moving, but for different reasons.
BOO!!

How many of you jumped? Be honest.

I never believed any of this kind of crap before. All I can say is you have to experience it to know there is something else going on.
The brain is a terrible thing.
© 24hourcampfire