Home
Arrest made in rape of woman who gave birth while in vegetative state

https://www.koco.com/article/arrest...birth-while-in-vegetative-state/26008346

PHOENIX —
Authorities say they have arrested a man in connection with the rape of a woman who gave birth while in a vegetative state at an Arizona health care facility.

A 36-year-old nurse, identified as Nathan Sutherland, was booked by Phoenix police Wednesday morning in connection to the incapacitated patient’s sexual assault.

The woman, who gave birth to a boy on Dec. 29, has been in a patient at Hacienda HealthCare since 1992, according to documents.

Authorities began the task of seeking DNA from all male employees at the facility earlier this month.

Sutherland, a licensed practical nurse who was caring for the woman at the care center, is being booked on preliminary charges of sexual assault and vulnerable-adult abuse, Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams said.
Yes on the death penalty.
Why are we keeping a girl in a vegetative state since 1992? What a miserable life.
And it should require 9 months of continuous pain, prior to death! memtb
Originally Posted by Toddly
Why are we keeping a girl in a vegetative state since 1992? What a miserable life.

This is another blatant reason why men and women should have a Living Will with directions to "pulls the plug."

L.W.
I was thinking about the death penalty yesterday and got to wondering why we continue to feed, house, give medical care, etc. etc. to career criminals and others who commit heinous acts....we don't tolerate vicious dogs who bite and we don't let them wander around homeless....IMHO, we should start operating our prisons more like the local animal control shelter, maybe people would take a little more interest in raising their kids to be better citizens....

Because a lot of people believe in Disney type movies and miracles....
I hope someone posts a picture of the guy.
Yes on death penalty. Picture is up on Fox News.
And here it is.

What did you expect when they hired this? We never learn....

Note how no photo is shown in many news links to hide the destructive propensities of their beloved pets.

[Linked Image]

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/nathan-sutherland/
Thanks!

Here he is!

[Linked Image]
...and here will be the defense:

[Linked Image]
They need to drop that peice of [bleep] into prison general population with a sign that says “worse than a child molester”!!! He needs to die a very agonizing death.
I said in the first thread about that, that they should consider the color of the baby before subjecting all employees to a DNA test... That it would narrow the possibilities.

Guess I was right.
Hey now . He has rights ya know. After all he’s somebody’s father. Now kill him. Ed k
What a slimeball.

I maintain a shark tank or croc pit should be the methods of carrying out the death penalty. Open to the public to view.
The woman's family hit some big bucks with this.

Question is, what would you do with the baby? Would the family want it?

Would you?... If the woman was your wife, sister, or daughter?
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
What a slimeball.

I maintain a shark tank or croc pit should be the methods of carrying out the death penalty. Open to the public to view.

Sell tickets with stadium seating benefitting the child's education.

And if my relative, hell no, the tootsie would be put up for apedoption.
Now we all know where Sycamore has been........
Originally Posted by 12344mag

That is grotesque and shows no class.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

But it’s not surprising.
No corner of hell to hot for that piece of garbage.
As far as the living will/ DNR GOES, my mother,long ago put me in charge of her final wishes,especially pulling the plug on her.low and behold,my mom is in a coma,my step dad calls me and says the Dr. Want s to keep her on life support,my answer?pull the plug.Head Dr. Calls me,we need to keep her on life support,etc.etc.,my answer ? Pull the plug.Hospital supervisor calls me,Chief of staff,on and on.my mom had excellent coverage and I m convinced they would have kept her alive on machines for YEARS,soaking up that money.my mom put me in charge because she knew her husband would fold like a cheap suit.I had to threaten a lawsuit to get them to pull the plug as,per her wishes.make sure you put someone in charge that has the balls to do what needs to be done.
+1
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I was thinking about the death penalty yesterday and got to wondering why we continue to feed, house, give medical care, etc. etc. to career criminals and others who commit heinous acts....we don't tolerate vicious dogs who bite and we don't let them wander around homeless....IMHO, we should start operating our prisons more like the local animal control shelter, maybe people would take a little more interest in raising their kids to be better citizens....

One of the best posts I've ever read on this forum...
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

This is another blatant reason why men and women should have a Living Will with directions to "pulls the plug."

L.W.

Agreed, regardless of what my family may want to do, i'll have some buds show up with papers to throw the sleep switch, let me go, I'll see ya when you get there. smile

And yes, this droopy eyed coke head really needed to pass on his fu-ked up genetic seed! ride the needle asshowhole, you're already familiar with them.
My bad on the 2nd thread Okie
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Actually yes I would. Remember that whomever has medical power of attorney allowed this pregnancy to come to term.
The mother seems to come off aloof. Maybe I got the vibe wrong. Not sure.
Originally Posted by Armednfree

Actually yes I would. Remember that whomever has medical power of attorney allowed this pregnancy to come to term.

They didn't know.

The nursing home never had a clue until she gave birth.

mike r

I agree, Sycamore is classless but he's not grotesque.
Originally Posted by slumlord
The mother seems to come off aloof. Maybe I got the vibe wrong. Not sure.

LMAO!

Your "Grotesque".
To equate someone w/ different social/political beliefs w/ a degenerate rapist is incomprehensible.

mike r
He should be hung, slowly!!!!
To equate someone w/ different social/political beliefs w/ a degenerate rapist is incomprehensible.

mike r

If you think Syc is just your normal liberal idiot then your not as smart as I thought you were.

They are both the enemies of a free and lawful society, one is a commie and one is a criminal, not much difference in my book.
It appears the woman's family is indeed going to take the baby...

PHOENIX (AP) -- A nurse who was supposed to be looking after an incapacitated woman at a long-term health care facility has been charged with raping her, weeks after the patient stunned her caregivers and family by giving birth to a baby boy , Phoenix police said Wednesday.

Investigators arrested Nathan Sutherland, a licensed practical nurse, on suspicion of one count of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse, Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams said.

"We owed this arrest to the victim. We owed this arrest to the newest member of our community — that innocent baby," Williams said.

The surprise birth late last month triggered reviews by state agencies, highlighted safety concerns for patients who are severely disabled or incapacitated and led to disciplinary actions and resignations of staffers and managers. It also prompted authorities to test the DNA of all the men who worked at the Hacienda HealthCare facility.

Sutherland, 36, submitted his DNA sample under court order Tuesday and the results came back a few hours later, showing he was a match to the baby. He declined to speak with police and invoked his Fifth Amendment rights, police spokesman Tommy Thompson said.
Sutherland, wearing a T-shirt, black athletic pants and jacket, appeared in court Wednesday. A Maricopa County Superior Court commissioner ordered him released on a cash-only $500,000 bond. He also must wear an electronic monitoring device.

Defense attorney David Gregan had asked for a lower bond on the grounds that Sutherland didn't have a criminal record. He described his client as a family man with young children who has lived in Arizona since 1993.

"There's no direct evidence that Mr. Sutherland has committed these acts," Gregan said. "I know at this point there's DNA. But he will have a right to his own DNA expert."
Gregan did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Investigators found that Sutherland had treated the victim and spent a lot of time with her, according to a probable cause statement. Investigators believe Sutherland raped the patient sometime between February and April.

A former neighbor, Esella Burr, said she lived next to Sutherland, his wife and four children for more than five years. She often saw the couple leave for church on Sundays and they would chat occasionally.
"I can't believe it," Burr said. "He told me he was nurse and he liked his job."
Hacienda officials fired Sutherland after learning of his arrest. The company said it was "troubled beyond words." Sutherland had passed an extensive background check.

"Once again, we offer an apology and send our deepest sympathies to the client and her family, to the community and to our agency partners at every level," Hacienda said in a statement.

The 29-year-old victim has been in long-term care since age 3 and gave birth at the facility on Dec. 29. Employees said they had no idea she was pregnant. As her guardian, the woman's mother was required to submit an annual report to the court that included results of a medical exam.

The case has prompted the departure or discipline of key figures at Hacienda HealthCare, including the CEO. The provider says one doctor who had cared for the woman resigned and another had been suspended.

Earlier stories had described the patient as being comatose or in a vegetative state. But her parents released a statement Tuesday disputing that characterization.

They described her as intellectually disabled because of seizures in early childhood. While she doesn't speak, she has some mobility in her limbs, head and neck. She also responds to sound and can make facial gestures.

The family's attorney, John Micheaels, said in a statement that they knew about the arrest but did not want to comment.

Thompson said he believes the baby has since been released from the hospital. The woman's family has said they will care for him.
Put him in a pillory with no pants and no lube. He gets sex whether he wants it or not just like his victim.

I've met Sycamore a couple of times. He was very helpful in planning a couple of Grand Canyon floats. He's a VERY nice guy and gentleman. Don't agree with all his politics, but nonetheless.

That was uncalled for.
wasnt he in dc harrasing school kids?
Disgusting.

Someone commented earlier about "miracles." Well, the family finally got one. Do you suppose there's going to be a seven figure check written? A MIRACLE. Praise Jesus, a MIRACLE. And a miracle baby. I'd like to know what happens to that poor thing.

They didn't know.

Utter incompetence. So they didn't notice she was not menstruating?
Started out she was a “ veggie”. Now we’re hearing she just has a speech impediment.

“No!” with a cleft palate could be “Go!”, right?
Originally Posted by Steve

I've met Sycamore a couple of times. He was very helpful in planning a couple of Grand Canyon floats. He's a VERY nice guy and gentleman. Don't agree with all his politics, but nonetheless.

That was uncalled for.

I've met plenty like Syc, have no use for their politics and what they want for the U.S. I have kids and I don't want them to have to live with the Consequences of such stupidity, Syc's beliefs are a threat to my children therefore Syc is an enemy of mine. Pretty simple really.

Let me explain so no else gets hurt feelers...........

The comment was made to poke at Syc plain and simple. I've done the same thing to Mannlicher, Steelhead, Whelenman, Kingston, Ironbender, and many others, it's all in fun, well mostly fun.

Syc is located in Arizona, easy poke.

One thing I'll add is I bet Syc got it and I bet it didn't bother him anywhere near as what it did you.

I might have been wrong about Syc all along.........He may be smarter than several here.

Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
And here it is.

What did you expect when they hired this? We never learn....

Note how no photo is shown in many news links to hide the destructive propensities of their beloved pets.

[Linked Image]

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/nathan-sutherland/

knew it would be a ni=gger.

They didn't know.

Utter incompetence. So they didn't notice she was not menstruating?

Probably why a few of her caregivers resigned, they were without a doubt negligent in her care.
And guess where it is from? Haiti

And has four other demon spawn.

Media calls it a "devout Christian"...what a joke.

The person who hired it is just as responsible if you ask me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lly-challenged-quadriplegic-patient.html

That was uncalled for.

I've met plenty like Syc, have no use for their politics and what they want for the U.S. I have kids and I don't want them to have to live with the Consequences of such stupidity, Syc's beliefs are a threat to my children therefore Syc is an enemy of mine. Pretty simple really.

Let me explain so no else gets hurt feelers...........

The comment was made to poke at Syc plain and simple. I've done the same thing to Mannlicher, Steelhead, Whelenman, Kingston, Ironbender, and many others, it's all in fun, well mostly fun.

Syc is located in Arizona, easy poke.

One thing I'll add is I bet Syc got it and I bet it didn't bother him anywhere near as what it did you.

I might have been wrong about Syc all along.........He may be smarter than several here.

You equated him to a rapist, called him an enemy and a threat to your children and a communist. Not my kind of fun.

You didn't hurt my feelings because I doubt if you "poke" others in such a manner in person.

mike r
You equated him to a rapist, called him an enemy and a threat to your children and a communist. Not my kind of fun.

You didn't hurt my feelings because I doubt if you "poke" others in such a manner in person.

mike r

I did all of the above, The "Equating" was done in jest, I in no way called Syc a rapist and I'll bet he understands that. All communist closet or open are a threat to me and my children I don't know why you can't understand that.

And yes I poke many in the same manner whether face to face or not, I usually only poke those I know can take it as I usually don't like to hurt feelers as you never know who is gonna melt and who is going to laugh and poke back.

I'll definitely remember if something weird happens in Las Vegas not to poke fun at you, I wouldn't want you to melt. You need to loosen up a bit, being uptight is bad for your heart.
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
Media calls it a "devout Christian"...what a joke.

I've meet "devout Christians" that have done worse.
Don’t waste your time Paul.

Originally Posted by kroo88
Don’t waste your time Paul.

(Sigh) You're probably right.
I guess my reading comprehension skills need polishing. Since the communists are such a threat what have you done, personally, to mitigate that threat? Denigrating others then waffling on the intent of your statement is hardly a strong moral stand.

But carry on w/ your manly self and I will try not to melt.

mike r
I guess my reading comprehension skills need polishing. Since the communists are such a threat what have you done, personally, to mitigate that threat? Denigrating others then waffling on the intent of your statement is hardly a strong moral stand.

But carry on w/ your manly self and I will try not to melt.

mike r

Dude
Shows just how hard up a despicable POS like this guy is to be having sex with a woman in a vegetative state. Even Cosby didn't stoop that low.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Shows just how hard up a despicable POS like this guy is to be having sex with a woman in a vegetative state. Even Cosby didn't stoop that low.

Well, those women were in a temporary "Vegetative state" after he doped them good.

mike r

I did all of the above, The "Equating" was done in jest, I in no way called Syc a rapist and I'll bet he understands that. All communist closet or open are a threat to me and my children I don't know why you can't understand that.

And yes I poke many in the same manner whether face to face or not, I usually only poke those I know can take it as I usually don't like to hurt feelers as you never know who is gonna melt and who is going to laugh and poke back.

I'll definitely remember if something weird happens in Las Vegas not to poke fun at you, I wouldn't want you to melt. You need to loosen up a bit, being uptight is bad for your heart.

Seriously Paul? WTF is wrong with you? I know I can come off quite brash, but have just the slightest empathy. This is exactly how lvmiker came into this world.
This lady was a drowning victim as a little girl. She had severe brain damage but is not in a coma or anything. She is also an indian from the San Carlos tribe. I think we will find out she was raped hundreds and hundreds of times over the years by multiple people. This sutherland schmuck was just dumb enough to knock her up. This case has been the forefront of our news every since it broke. I'll bet their are multiple patients at this place with similar problems. My guess this is the tip of a big iceberg.

This guy was trusted with taking care of her. He needs to be gelding and his wiener cut off flush so he can't do anymore harm!
Yep for sure.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

mike r

Seriously Paul? WTF is wrong with you? I know I can come off quite brash, but have just the slightest empathy. This is exactly how lvmiker came into this world.

Don't worry stoolsample, no one is trying to wrest away your title. You need to make another journey to the basement to remind yourself why the appropriate word is crass not brash. How did that meeting at Loretta Lynn's turn out?

mike r
Remember this thread a few short weeks ago?

Yeah...well there's another one...wonder if anyone can notice ANY similarity between the two? Do NOT allow these things to be a "care" giver to your loved ones...EVER!

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article225930635.html

[Linked Image]
Yep.

Needs to see the light of day for what it is.

That was uncalled for.

he is much different, and has a good background contrary to what a lot is posted on here about him. I know quite a bit of his family upbringing and is generally misread on here. He doesn't need me defending him, but some of the posts ABOUT him make me laugh as they are so far from the truth. To call him a communist, is far far from the truth. I won't disclose any of his personal information, but accusations are made about him that aren't anywhere near the truth. I consider him a friend too by the way, so i guess that makes me a communist too I guess.
For that matter i know where his grandparents lived and worked, same place mine did.
Yet another one...must have SOMETHING in common....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...gnates-mentally-incapacitated-woman.html

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire