Home
Posted By: lastofthebreed Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
My vote goes to Iron City, just some overall nasty stuff!
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Any light beer.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
A hot Natty Lite that had been rolling around in the back of the truck.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Boxer is total dog doo.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
An old can of Schlitz from a vending machine in the Philippines on base at Subic Bay. Old can, no pop top. That [bleep] was nasty.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Guinness and Fat Tire. Fuggin gross
Second would be any Old English 800 in Diego Garcia. When everything else had run out that was all that was left.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
That would have to be Black Label. Had a quart of it in the '70's. Never again.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Some beer Kingston gave me when lieghton and i fished with him on cape cod, some local stuff worse than schlitz.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Way too many bad ones to start a list. Anything from a big brewery is sheit.

PBR....you can just about chew that chit. Like a stew.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Probably Cold Spring beer from Minnesota, though this was in the 1970's when I lived in South Dakota for a couple years. Back then you could only buy 3.2 beer in grocery stores. Any higher-alcohol beer had to be sold in liquor stores, for a LOT more money, and I didn't have much money. Cold Spring bottles sold in 12-packs for 99 cents, so I drank it now and then, even though they shorted you with 11-ounce bottles.

Evidently Cold Spring is still in business. Am betting it's better now, but dunno!
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by smithrjd
An old can of Schlitz from a vending machine in the Philippines on base at Subic Bay. Old can, no pop top. That [bleep] was nasty.

Liked Schiltz in the old steel can and hated it in the aluminium can. Of course never had it from a vending machine. laugh
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Bud Light Platinum
Posted By: rem141r Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
some of my own homebrew before i knew what i was doing. i remember dumping case after case of pure piss water. made me the man i am today. my schits world class now.

for commercial beer Magic Hat #9. they put some kind of cooking spice or something in it and i find it gawd awful. fuggen hipsters are trying to ruin beer like they ruin everything. beer should have barley, hops, yeast and water and maaaybe some wheat and/or fruit if its the proper style like lambic. these lumberjack looking fuggers with the peanut butter, coffee, butterscotch watermelon horschit make me sick.
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Some covert homebrew type beer I had in Algeria. We had a case and a number of the bottles had had some funk growing in it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
It's a tie between St Ides and Cobra

But you do what you gotta do.

Dont ever play edward forty hands.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Budweiser
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
If Coors Light is considered beer, that.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
and as for anyone saying any of the american beers like schlitz, strohs, pbr, etc, they're all made almost exactly to the same recipe. little more rice here, a little more corn there but they're basically all the same and are actually the hardest style to brew properly. most of those taste as they should when fresh. its the handling after packaging that makes them kind of beers suck.
Yea grew up in MN, Cold Springs is still around, couple of old classics that are now gone. Fitgers, and Grain Belt. the 3.2% non package store stuff was referred to as Weasel whiz.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Wow, really?

I get the coors light when my 'check is good'

Natural light when all i got is 80cents in the console.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Schlitz
Posted By: Quak Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
PBR. Hipster trash

Beats no beer though
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Olimpia is pretty damn bad also.
Posted By: JOG Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Hauenstein, an old local beer - "Howie" to its friends. It wasn't unusual to open a case to see a half dozen different brands of bottle caps. One hot summer day I tipped back a Howie and something bounced off my teeth and into my throat and before I could gag it up...I swallowed it. I'll never know, coulda been a cigarette butt, coulda been a rat head.

That was my last Howie.
In college we'd throw parties with kegs of Old Style.

That schit would hang me for 3 days.
THere's some good beer getting bad press from wine drinkers on here.

Tecate is awful in my opinion. A chunk of lime makes it palatable.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19

The Philippines must have been the bad beer/vending machine haven for bad Schlitz.

A long deceased friend who was career Navy got to some port in the Philippines and got a Schlitz from a vending machine; he couldn't drink it, despite being at sea for some months with a wretched dryness.

His son and I finally got him to drink a Schlitz some 20 years later, stateside, then I think he drank more than one then.

My worst beer experience was drinking some Hauenstein in 77-79 stamped bottles.....in 1995. 7-8 of em went down fine after a bottle of Grey Goose, but came up sometime in the early dawn....
Posted By: Dantheman Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Safeway's "Brown Derby"

Headache in a can

Dan
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
smithrjd,

Googled Cold Spring and found they now make an IPA! That would certainly be different from the stuff I drank back then.

Grain Belt was distributed in Montana for quite a while, and I drank some now and then. Wasn't bad, but back then few American beers were very different.....
Posted By: cuznguido Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Hudepohl. Only thing worse than Black Label.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Any IPA.
Coors Extra Lite Gold
Sister-in-law bought my brother and I a 24 pack once. The remains of that crap stayed in the refrigerator for ~ 2 months, as we would do without rather than touch that nasty stuff!
And we're both Coors lovers! There is a very good reason it wasn't in production very long!

Not really a beer but Coors
Posted By: Slope77 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Schaefer. Tasted like hamburger. Not that I don’t like hamburger, I just don’t want my beer to taste like hamburger.

Didn’t like Foster’s either.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Wow, really?

If there ain’t nuthin else it’ll work. I’m not into fancy beers. Never even heard of most this stuff..
Coors Extra Lite Gold
Sister-in-law bought my brother and I a 24 pack once. The remains of that crap stayed in the refrigerator for ~ 2 months, as we would do without rather than touch that nasty stuff!
And we're both Coors lovers! There is a very good reason it wasn't in production very long!
Heileman's, the only really good one was their Special X. Remember Leinenkugel's or Linnies, Chippewa Falls, now a yuppie beer sold nation wide. Another Point beer. MN and WI folks do like their brewskies.
What’s wrong with PBR? Damn..
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
BY far and away neshaminy creek ale. Forgot if its the IPA or what. Horrific. Terrible. I drank it on the neshaminy creek too. The water tasted better.
Lone Star
Posted By: tmitch Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Some kind of Campfire beer I found a couple years ago. (I think it was Shorts Campfire Choir) Tasted like it had ground up charcoal in it. sick
Took two days to get that taste outa my mouth.

Wow, really?

It's not that Coors Light tastes bad, because it doesn't. It just doesn't have much taste at all. If you want a beer, and someone hands you something that has almost no taste at all, it's a disappointment. It's like weak tea. Just give me water.
Originally Posted by JOG
Hauenstein, an old local beer - "Howie" to its friends. It wasn't unusual to open a case to see a half dozen different brands of bottle caps. One hot summer day I tipped back a Howie and something bounced off my teeth and into my throat and before I could gag it up...I swallowed it. I'll never know, coulda been a cigarette butt, coulda been a rat head.

That was my last Howie.

LMAO

Duuuuude!!

You got the baby mouse eh??

[Linked Image]
Heileman's, the only really good one was their Special X. Remember Leinenkugel's or Linnies, Chippewa Falls, now a yuppie beer sold nation wide. Another Point beer. MN and WI folks do like their brewskies.

I've worked at all of them - this thread is causing flashbacks and not from the beer.

Let's not forget Oly - made in the Hamms > Oly > Pabst > Stroh Brewery in St. Paul.

Nuttin; light beer guys generally hate beer...
Originally Posted by JOG

I've worked at all of them - this thread is causing flashbacks and not from the beer.

Let's not forget Oly - made in the Hamms > Oly > Pabst > Stroh Brewery in St. Paul.

They made em all at Tumwater and LaCrosse as well....

You need a Pig's Eye or a Meister Brau....
Originally Posted by JOG

That was my last Howie.

LMAO

Duuuuude!!

You got the baby mouse eh??

I almost hope so. At the time a pard suggested it was a tampon. No good ever comes from that experience.
Posted By: satx78247 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
lastofthebreed,

GRAIN BELT is awful, imo.

yours, tex
Posted By: krupp Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Warsteiner or San Miguel....
Posts are disappearing fast around here.
I was surprised to learn that Pabst is now "hipster" beer.

Back in the day Buck Owens sung a song equating it with white socked rednecks.

Times have obviously changed.

From Hee-Haw

Originally Posted by satx78247
lastofthebreed,

GRAIN BELT is awful, imo.

yours, tex

It was pretty bad, back in the day.

My Dad said Grain Belt cans were the only rusty ones when they were put in steel.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Since you asked, most all was better going down, rather than coming back up.
Guinness by far. That crap is over priced and under brewed. Something is wrong with that stuff!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19

The first beer. When we were kids we found 2 unopened cans of beer in the alley. This was when beer was still in steel cans that needed a church key to open. We quickly found a church key and opened a can and drank some of it. It was a summer day and the beer was warm. I don’t think it would have mattered what brand, it was warm and tasted like $hit..
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Short list:
Old English and Steel Reserve
Blue Moon Pumpkin

A peanut butter beer that I can’t recall the brand name
A Star Trek themed beer that was terrible
I wanna hear about the baseball team's fundraiser beer....
Posted By: Steve Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Stone brewing revolver IPA from Costco about a year ago. They change it all the time and use different hops. That batch tasted like broccoli.

Buddy had a bottle of it. As he was about on his third swallow I told him what I thought it tasted like. He couldn't drink the rest.

I stay away from Stone from now on.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Back in the day Buck Owens sung a song equating it with white socked rednecks.

Times have obviously changed.

From Hee-Haw

Johnny Russell......
Ouch, drinking a Steel Reserve right now... 8.2% has a bit of "kick" Reminds me of Red Horse from the Philippines
Posted By: night_owl Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
The present version of Rolling Rock is pretty bad.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Oberon & Heineken

MM
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Lone Star.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
It’s all nasty.
Kirin in Japan, when it contained formaldehyde as a preservative.

We always drank either Sapporo or Asahi. At the time they were the only Japanese beers without formaldehyde.
All 17 of the Black Horse beers I drank in the Port Club in Port aux Basques Newfoundland when we got flown out of camp and ended up back in town 12 hours early for the ferry ride back to Nova Scotia.... The screech didn't help any either.... Even Newfie girls are cute after 10 days on the bogs....
Youse guys are bringing back some fond memories; Oly Ball parties, my 85 year old grandma getting geezed at the Schlitz Brewery in Milwaukee after the tour, Hamm's in those keg shaped cans, Old Style on draught at every tavern in Wisconsin, college parties with Old Milwaukee kegs - we bought 35 of them for our year end bash - the next year the State Troopers simply surrounded the block for 6 hours, about 150 of them. No one in or out unless you lived there. Good times.

For the record: I agree with Mr. Conrad, IPAs taste like schit. Way too bitter with the hops you can damn near chew. Every swinging dick thinks they're a master brewer, when in reality the stuff they brew tastes like month old ass.
Posted By: walt501 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Probably Cold Spring beer from Minnesota, though this was in the 1970's when I lived in South Dakota for a couple years. Back then you could only buy 3.2 beer in grocery stores. Any higher-alcohol beer had to be sold in liquor stores, for a LOT more money, and I didn't have much money. Cold Spring bottles sold in 12-packs for 99 cents, so I drank it now and then, even though they shorted you with 11-ounce bottles.

Evidently Cold Spring is still in business. Am betting it's better now, but dunno!

Exactly right. I tried Cold Spring one time around 1970 because it was cheap and it was the worst swill that ever crossed my lips. I was at a burger joint in the Twin Cities a few years ago and they had their "own" beer made for them. One sip and I knew it was Cold Spring. Asked the waiter and sure enough, it was made by Cold Spring. Even Pfeiffer beer was better back in the day.
Posted By: whodat Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
That 3.2 Grain Belt brings back bad memories, but I'd put it on par with Hubers and Buckhorn.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Three Horse Beer.

Some junk we drank in Iraq. Not sure where those Muslim kids were able to find it to sell but whatever. We called it 3-horse pi$$
Originally Posted by whodat
That 3.2 Grain Belt brings back bad memories, but I'd put it on par with Hubers and Buckhorn.

I don't know if they even make Huber anymore, but my Dad didn't even care for it, and he drank Schaeffer and the generic "BEER" for years.....

Huber and HyVee Regal, even if brand spanking new, couldn't help but suck....
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19

No chit......that's my yard mowing beer.

[Linked Image]

I keep a good stock of it on hand.

[Linked Image]

Fosters is pretty hard for me to swallow but I've heard the US version isn't the same as they sell in OZ.
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Exactly right. I tried Cold Spring one time around 1970 because it was cheap and it was the worst swill that ever crossed my lips. I was at a burger joint in the Twin Cities a few years ago and they had their "own" beer made for them. One sip and I knew it was Cold Spring. Asked the waiter and sure enough, it was made by Cold Spring. Even Pfeiffer beer was better back in the day.

Cold Spring is grim, but there are so many broke college kids in the area it will sell no matter what. I remember buying 3 cases of beer for $7 on the Midway in St. Paul - the deposit on the bottles cost more than the beer. I want to say it was Pfeiffer's.
Posted By: papalondog Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Miller Highlife in the clear bottle that had seen too much sun. We called it "skunk" beer.
Yea grew up in MN, Cold Springs is still around, couple of old classics that are now gone. Fitgers, and Grain Belt. the 3.2% non package store stuff was referred to as Weasel whiz.

I'm pretty sure Grain Belt is still available.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
kronenbourg beer.
They used to seel this crap down in Ohio called P.O.C. which stood for Pilsner On Call. We called it Piss On Cleveland Then there was Gennesee Cream Ale. God that stuff was nasty!
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Grain Belt Nordeast isn't bad, neither is Grain Belt. It's kind of like High Life used to be, but ain't now.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
For the record: I agree with Mr. Conrad, IPAs taste like schit. Way too bitter with the hops you can damn near chew. Every swinging dick thinks they're a master brewer, when in reality the stuff they brew tastes like month old ass.

Two swinging dicks got into an argument over which brewed the better beer. They both sent samples into a lab to try and gain the upper hand. When they opened the lab report it read:

We regret to inform you that your horses have sugar diabetes.
Some chocolate crap from Rogue Brewery.
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Grain Belt Nordeast isn't bad, neither is Grain Belt. It's kind of like High Life used to be, but ain't now.

The original Grain Belt Brewery in Northeast Minneapolis is closed. The beer is now brewed at Schell's in New Ulm.
Correct.

Which is probably why it's tolerable now...

See my Pig's Eye reference......

Although Schell's can make some junk brews as well. I've had 'em....
Red Stripe is also terrible. It's not as bad as Bud Light Platinum,...but it's bad.
Couple more

Red Dog

....barf

Angry Orchard

.....barf
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Day to day beer that is poorly brewed with cheap ingredients.......Corona.
Worst beer ever by a commercial brewery? Some Chinese version of a stout that tasted like iodine and seawater. It was fuggin horrible. As a person who has had the misfortune of judging far too many home brews, this beer was stand out awful.

Most of the macro brewed US stuff is decent. It’s just a style that has little character. Bud is my least favorite. Gravitate towards Miller Lite for a lawn mower hydration type beverage.

Too many great beers available today to even try to list favorites.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Bah! Red Dog is uncommonly smooth!
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Who remembers Billy Beer. Now that [bleep] was nasty.
Ok i'm going for it:

any homemade beer

......BARF!!!!!!

Taste like gnats and baby puke

Disclaimer: * the few I have tried
Shell's, Bach beer when they cleaned the vats out once a year..
Posted By: colodog Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Buckhorn was pretty awful but it was cheap....
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Two swinging dicks got into an argument over which brewed the better beer. They both sent samples into a lab to try and gain the upper hand. When they opened the lab report it read:

Some of the "Craft Breweries" make something drinkable now and then but I agree that most of it is crap.

The two best that I've found are Big Sky and Deschutes but I don't like everything either one of them makes either.
Posted By: B_n_C_Buck Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Heineken for sure is the worst.

I won't call it bad, but Leinwnkugel is not good, considering it seems quite popular.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
That Zima crap gagged me.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Any beer that some craft IPA so called fan recommends.
They sniff, mention cost, tell me how "industrial beer sucks",
I know what they are pushing will definitely have flavor.
And it will be bad.

Had the same experience when a guy handed me a Guinness.

Batchy!!!

Watched a documentary on European beer. They were interviewing this dude
who owned a renowned btewery in Germany. And American big beer was mentioned.
The interviewer mentioned the low rating some have of American beer.
His response was Actually I find American beers quite good. It amazing they can
Produce the huge quantity of product, and do so with such a good product."

But then we are American. The dipshits f everything up, trying to out dick each other.
You make good hot wings...... mine have hotter peppers.
Your Apple pie is good.......mine has more spices.
Your beer has hoppes..........my hoppes wine tastes a bit like beer.

Everything we make gets destroyed, when idiots think the defining ingredient should
become the only thing y3ou can id.

Hell buy store bought breakfast sausage (I wontl).
If you could stuff sage and maple in a casing, they would.
And I like a bit of sage or maple.

Apologies,
Rant over.
Fosters
Posted By: haverluk Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
A piss warm 40 of Hurricane
Posted By: Thegman Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Sierra Nevada Otra Vez - beer is pretty hard to improve on, and trying to brew it out of cactus and other crap definitely doesn't improve it...
Posted By: rifletom Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Any IPA.

Agreed! Awful crap. Then there's that Miller Genuine Draft. What sewer water must be like. Ugh!
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
For me it's probably either Crown or Saeng in the ROK. That stuff was so nasty drinking it earned you a badge of honor for schitty beer. Although there was a tiny little bar on a back-ally side street in Taejon that served Crown on tap so cold it would give you a brain freeze. I remember it being half-assed decent then. OB, OTOH was actually pretty good. I still find myself catching up with what the OB Bears (now Doosan Bears) baseball team is doing from time to time.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by FieldGrade

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fosters is pretty hard for me to swallow but I've heard the US version isn't the same as they sell in OZ.

Here's a link to the You Toob video

Keep Yer Hands Off My PBR

Posted By: Morewood Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by JOG

I LOL'd out loud.

nice
PBR is terrible. MGD sucks as well. I can tolerate most anything else and a hoppy IPA is fantastic
Posted By: Brad Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Here’s some bad beer:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Filaman Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Sam Adams Boston Lager is damn good stuff, but a lot of their other stuff is mostly crap. However Shiner makes several good beers and one or two sucks. Back in the 90s they had one called Winter Ale. Shiner Winter Ale was damn good and probably my favorite beer of all. When I went to Germany in 1997 I drank Dunkel Weizen and it was the same as Shiner Winter Ale. Later Shiner changed the name to Dunkel Weizen (Dark Wheat). I loved it and it was everybit as good as what I drank in Germany. Then Shiner discontinued it. The next year they brought out Holiday Cheer and have been making that ever since. It is Dunkle Weizen with Peaches and Pecans steeped in it. It's good but I preferred the original Winter Ale-Dunkel Weizen. Also, Holiday Cheer is seasonal which sucks.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
PBR makes meat hauling a little easier. 😎

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Shag Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Big Sky Company's

Moose Drool
Any "craft" beer. Just greasy bear piss.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Had to pay for a few cases of MGD and ended up drinking it hot...

That stuff is only drinkable if someone else is buying...
Posted By: 79S Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by stevelyn
For me it's probably either Crown or Saeng in the ROK. That stuff was so nasty drinking it earned you a badge of honor for schitty beer. Although there was a tiny little bar on a back-ally side street in Taejon that served Crown on tap so cold it would give you a brain freeze. I remember it being half-assed decent then. OB, OTOH was actually pretty good. I still find myself catching up with what the OB Bears (now Doosan Bears) baseball team is doing from time to time.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by FieldGrade

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cass and Hite beer, actually not too bad.. but Koreans love American beer and with that they love PBR.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Billy Beer, if hasn't been mentioned already.

But bad beer is better than no beer.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by lastofthebreed

Bingo. Made with river water downstream of the slag heaps. Only beer I ever threw out.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Picked up some red French ale at specialty shop.
Beyond horrible.
Posted By: las Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by RS308MX
That would have to be Black Label. Had a quart of it in the '70's. Never again.

You should try that stuff after it has been frozen and thawed a couple times. smile

Wife bought some raspberry beer from down in Homer one time. I took one swallow and dumped the rest of the bottle out. The remaining 3 bottles ( I have no idea who drank? the first two) stayed in the fridge for maybe 3 years. I finally dumped them last summer.
Prinz brau was a local failure from MANY years ago. At least 35 years ago. I have a six-pack in bottles if anyone is feeling the need to try really bad beer!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Prinz brau was a local failure from MANY years ago. At least 35 years ago. I have a six-pack in bottles if anyone is feeling the need to try really bad beer!

Used to call that "Piss Boy".
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by ironbender

Yep! A real "wiener" that one was!

Art, I would have supposed that (by now) you would have paid someone to take that crap out your door!

Don't know if the op had this in mind but there was/ is a beer in Thailand called Singha. Stands for Lion I believe. On hot days it was really good compared to other local offerings. The kicker (and it really did) was it had so much formaldehyde in it that drinking two would give such horrific headaches the next day that even seeing one ray of light would suffice to think the top of your head might burst open. "Lion Piss" was still better than "piss boy!"
Originally Posted by bearhuntr

Art, I would have supposed that (by now) you would have paid someone to take that crap out your door!

Don't know if the op had this in mind but there was/ is a beer in Thailand called Singha. Stands for Lion I believe. On hot days it was really good compared to other local offerings. The kicker (and it really did) was it had so much formaldehyde in it that drinking two would give such horrific headaches the next day that even seeing one ray of light would suffice to think the top of your head might burst open. "Lion Piss" was still better than "piss boy!"

Less than two weeks ago I was drinking Singha in Bangkok... several actually... they must have cut back on the formaldehyde! wink

They had a "Tiger Lemon" which is 2% and sorta like a shandy made from decent beer but different! wink

Did not mean that Singha was making the lemon beer, but rather, Tiger.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by chesterwy

Wimp
Rolling Rock... eek sick
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by lastofthebreed

Bingo. Made with river water downstream of the slag heaps. Only beer I ever threw out.

Definitely Iron City is the #1 worst. But...the brewery did find a way to recycle slag.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Hands down, Olympia in a can.
Posted By: DocFoster Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Meister Bräu really sucked.
Posted By: batch Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Primo in Hawaii about 1971. Possibly the brewery was a fine herd of horses.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
I liked Iron City in my college days.... and my wife and friends here like Rolling Rock quit a bit...

use to be a fun beer, from PA, called Old Frothingslosh... it was Bock Beer when they flushed out the tanks once a year....and then a marketing call, each can or bottle had a picture of a "Bathing Beauty " from the early 1900s, that weighed about 350 to 400lbs....each six pack had 6 different "Bathing Beauties" on the can, each different.. and each season, none were repeats of the previous year... if nothing else folks in my college days collected them for the cans....

Worst beer I ever had, was again, in college days... went to college in New England... but when over in NY State with friends we'd go into bars.... where they serve Knickerbocker, draft and in the Bottle...Runner up was Rheingold, also over in NY State.

My friends liked that I started call Knickerbocker, Ni*^erknocker"

We had a brewery there in Massachusetts in the next town over, that brewed Tobourg , it was a Carling Black Label brewery ....it was so bad, that even tho they offered to donate beer kegs of it to the local colleges for events, pretty much everyone turned it down .... Carling Black Label was pretty crappy beer also...

you know it had to be bad when colllege students turn down free beer.

In my Minnesota days, the worst beer in that part of the country was Blatz from over in Wisconsin...
Posted By: hanco Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Pearl
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
I'm generally not a picky person and enjoy a lot of different beer types for what they are......but I can't stand Red Stripe.....

I like blueberries in almost everything. I tried some "Wild Blue" blueberry lager and it's in the same boat as Red Stripe. I try not do stupid stuff often, sometimes I just have to know........
Originally Posted by hanco
Pearl
Pearl is easily my favorite beer. Pearl Light, that is. Pearl is fine if you can't get Light.

Busch, Schlitz, Colt 45, pre-Strohs Old Milwaukee are all pretty nasty. Lone Star would be right up there too.
Posted By: maddog Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Falstaff. It was so bad, I wouldn't even drink it on Sunday, when you couldn't buy beer, at that time. grin
Posted By: mauser416 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Ranier beer from Washington is the worst domestic. Stella beer from Egypt is the worst foreign beer. Of course that could be because of the many hour ride, in an non-refrigerated truck, from Cairo to Na'ama Bay
Any IPA.

I hear ya there Jim!

I can think of 2. When I was a yute I snuck a bottle of my Uncle Max's Ballantine Ale. One & done for me.
Hamm's was pretty bad stuff too but it was cheap and so were we.
Posted By: viking Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Steel Reserve, if you can call it beer. IPA’s suck too.
Originally Posted by mauser416
Ranier beer from Washington is the worst domestic. Stella beer from Egypt is the worst foreign beer. Of course that could be because of the many hour ride, in an non-refrigerated truck, from Cairo to Na'ama Bay

Forgot about Stella. That was a nasty beer.
Posted By: Walker Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Red, White & Blue. (A product of the Pabst Brewing Company.)
It was mercifully discontinued at some point in the 1980's.
Posted By: hicountry Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Icehouse....rot gut
Posted By: Youper Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Someone all ready mentioned the worst I've ever had: Boxer.

I don't get the few Guinness haters who posted. There's nothing I like better. But not the "draught" stuff that sells a little cheaper.
My buddy came to town and he is a big beer guy. He hauled to some beer place that sold micro brews and IPAs. He convinced me to order a ten beer sampler. Everyone tasted like cat pizz to me. I finally asked the bartend if she had a Pabst and you would have though I asked for a bj. She didnt have any Blue Ribbon but Luckily she had a bottle of Markers Mark Bourbon so I was able to wash the foul taste out of my mouth. People love it and good for them but I dont have the taste for it.
Posted By: Roystu Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Any light beer.

I concur
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Falstaff? I loved Falstaff. I remember my cousins in Kansas City drank Falstaff—i would get up early in the morning and walk around finishing off all the half-full cans. I even managed to open one on my own once—I was four.
Back when I drank beer, I drank Budweiser. In Viet Nam, it was plentiful at the first of the month, but as things progressed the good beer went away. By the end of the month, all that was left was Carling Black Label and that stuff was nasty. Usually just drank whiskey and coke until the first of the month. best beer ever was Singha, in Thailand. Strong beer, sold in liter bottles. The bar girls were amazed that I could drink as much of it as I could. They said one bottle was usually all an American could drink at one time. I drank it like I did Bud. miles
Posted By: Redneck Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
I don't recall the name of it, but it was some crap that a shirttail relative from the east coast brought to our family gathering about 2 years ago... One swig and I SWEAR that bottle was filled with kerosine... eek
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Gennesee beer and Gennesee Cream Ale would be at the top of my list of bad beers. Never understood how anyone could drink that stuff. Tasted like someone melted a licorice stick in the beer....
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by chesterwy

Wimp

Agreed......I can drink either of those but Guinness is the better of the two IMO.

Rolling Rock... eek sick

It used to be drinkable but they fugged it up somewhere along the way. It's pretty horrible these days.
Posted By: hicountry Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Hey, watch it... Genny Cream Ale got me through college !!
Bullfrog
Posted By: Papag Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
1962, Star Model beer, brewed in LaSalle, Il. Probably full of carp crap from the Illinois River. Smelled like formaldehyde.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19

A skunky Rolling Rock pony....
Posted By: mathman Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
I see the myth about bock beer being the product of a one a year tank cleaning is still going strong.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
In some kind of homemade wooden barrel in the chiefs hut in borneo, it was home brewed rice beer, that level of foulness has to be experienced first hand to be believed, written words wont get you there.
Originally Posted by mathman
I see the myth about bock beer being the product of a one a year tank cleaning is still going strong.

? Haven’t heard that one before?
Originally Posted by MadMooner

? Haven’t heard that one before?

I've seen it at least twice in this thread. It turns up in beer conversations.
I had to go back and look

Dear lord.
Posted By: arkypete Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Every glass, bottle of IPA I've drank.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Blatz
Bought a 6pk on the cheap in my yute, one sip and tossed 5.9 beers.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by Dantheman
Safeway's "Brown Derby"

Headache in a can

Dan

that brings back bad memories, my grandmother use to drink it. .99cents a six pack.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Gennesee beer and Gennesee Cream Ale would be at the top of my list of bad beers. Never understood how anyone could drink that stuff. Tasted like someone melted a licorice stick in the beer....

The only thing smoother than Genny cream ale is when it comes out the other end the next day.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Any beer with fruit in it is no damned beer.

Any malt liquor is nasty.
I can't say it's the worst I've had, since I didn't taste it. I have my reason for knowing it must be terrible though.

A friend's dad was a real commonsewer of beer. In his world PBR was high end stuff for special times. His usuals included things like Milwaukee's Best, Schaefer and the like. Typical dreck.

I was at my friend's house one afternoon when his dad opened a beer, took a swig, grimaced, took another swig to make sure, and then threw it away. Then and there I knew I'd never want to drink that beer, no matter how thirsty I may be.

The culprit?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: whodat Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Forgot about Falstaff, they used to serve it on tap at Comiskey Park where the White Sox played. Falstaff was owned by the Griesedieck brothers.

When the beer vendors came by, everyone would shout give me a greasy dick.
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
I will drink diesel out of a mud puddle if you tell me it will give me a buzz, BUT............... the two beers I cannot choke down are Miller Chill (that nasty salted beer junk) and Steel Reserve. Here is a fair review of Steel Reserve: http://www.thedrunkpirate.com/steel-reserve/comment-page-2/
Use to get a pitcher of Red Mountain Ale for $3.75 at a bar in Athens GA back in the mid 90’s. They also had $1 Jaeger shots.

Don’t recall if the beer was good or not, but you could get hammered, play pool all night, and still tip the bartender if you walked in with a $20 bill.

Some good looking puzzy in that place too. Especially at closing time. Hah!
Posted By: barm Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Miller Lite
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Gennesse Cream Ale followed closely by Hamm's!
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Coors Light...…..ughhhhh!!!!
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by bearhuntr

Less than two weeks ago I was drinking Singha in Bangkok... several actually... they must have cut back on the formaldehyde! wink

They had a "Tiger Lemon" which is 2% and sorta like a shandy made from decent beer but different! wink

Did not mean that Singha was making the lemon beer, but rather, Tiger.

Understood the "they." 😉
Never saw Tiger in any of 7 trips. We drank Japanese Kirin and sprite at the golf course instead. Went well with the toasted almonds and phat. Our flat was just off soi 55 and Sukimvit. There was a small mom and pop store just across the street that would allow a farang to enter the back room (provided he had enough "purples" in his wallet) and get what ever domestic he wanted in beer. American, German, etc. Was very convenient to say the least😎
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Wiedemann.
It was horrific but it was really cheap and an older gal would buy it for me and my buddy since we were underage.
Had to choke down the first 6 or 7 until you got a buzz and it didn't gag you quite so much.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Was getting beer for my deer camp. My SIL, a NO tax lawyer, is a pretty good mixologist and connoisseur of such things.

My wife suggested local micro breweries, so I asked SIL about his suggestions. He recommended Baton Rouge based Tin Roof Brewery. I went to the local grocery store and found some Tin Roof Beer. Had to rummage around in the back of the cooler with an employee to find it. The version SIL recommended they didn't have, so I got Tin Roof beer they had, six packs of Tin Roof Voodoo and Juke Joint.

That was the NASTIEST stuff I ever put in my mouth. My hunting bud, also a lawyer, said my SIL may know tax law, but he sure as heck doesn't know beer. We all had a good laugh, offering Tin Roof beer to our buds. It got to be a joke. We decided the highest and best use for that stuff was target practice...

In all fairness to my SIL, I didn't get the kind he recommended, just got the two versions they had..

First and last time for Tin Roof beer, at least for me.

DF
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Bottle of San Miguel over in Rota Spain back in the early 1970s. Was green and skunky tasting. I've heard that real Filipino San Miguel is the best, but I'll never find out because I have not popped the top on a San Miguel from anywhere since. BTW, the bottle glass was green back when I sampled it, FWIW.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
The absolute worst I have ever seen was at Paxson Lodge, a 6pack of Grolsch Amber in clear bottles. The beer was black and came out like molasses. I asked them how old they were and they said they were there when they bought the place...........

I think there's a reason why we don't see a lot of French beer.
Posted By: trplem Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
There has been one and only one beer neither I nor my friends could drink, and that was late-80s Grain Belt. For some perspective on how nasty the stuff was, we were UW students. Old Swill and Huber Bock were our regulars, with MGD as a rare treat.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by wildfowl
I will drink diesel out of a mud puddle if you tell me it will give me a buzz, BUT..........

LOL.....too good!
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
In college in Michigan's UP, Rhinelander was cheap, but had to be drunk near frozen in order to swallow it.
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
In college in Michigan's UP, Rhinelander was cheap, but had to be drunk near frozen in order to swallow it.

Why do you think Coors Light commercials make a big deal about it being ice cold?
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Corona. It’s shipped in a clear bottle so that skunkiness is guaranteed. With Corona, skunky beer is an feature, not a glitch.

If you ever manage to get sime in a can, it’s like a completely different and better beer.
Posted By: COSteve Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Hands down it was the warm 33 beer we had in Viet Nam. It tasted that warm piss but it was all we had.
Posted By: fink65 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Sam Adams. Junk.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
No one?[Linked Image]
Mother Earth Winter Lager nasty stuff , was given as a gift last Christmas from my son in law , I guess he dislikes me more than I know.. Crap tasted like cold black coffee with a turd in it!
Every type of Sam Adam's I've ever attempted to drink and some kind of pineapple beer at a wedding. I've never been a big beer drinker so I'm sure I've missed a lot of crappier tasting beer. And I'm fine with that.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by rifletom
Any IPA.

Agreed! Awful crap. Then there's that Miller Genuine Draft. What sewer water must be like. Ugh!

I used to drink a few IPA, but can’t stand it now. Tastes like fermented yeast, kratom and valerian root. Nasty [bleep].

I don’t mind Miller high life or PBR sometimes tho. The worst Imo is michelobe ultra. Good lord why would anyone drink that chit?
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Peva in Kazakhstan, not even the drillers would drink it. I had some home brew in the Central Highlands of VN. that made my whole face numb for a day, kinda scary.

mike r
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Originally Posted by Mathsr

The only thing smoother than Genny cream ale is when it comes out the other end the next day.

Schaefer was cheaper for college kids and wasn't bad on tap.
Back in the 70' I had some Triumph beer (Omaha brewed IIRC) that was pure panther pizz. All I could afford, that moment, as a college student.
Anything that says IPA on it.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Originally Posted by ClearAirTurbulence

I think there's a reason why we don't see a lot of French beer.

When I worked in St. Thomas, I tried Kronenbourg, a French beer. It was sweet, didn't taste like beer. Yep, you can have the Frog beers.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Coors lite .....damm nasty... just a soon as wring out old diapers in your mouth...
Posted By: k22hornet Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Up until last week, Shaeffer's was my worst.

Flying back from Florida last week, I tried a Dos Equis. Nasty stuff, could not even drink a 1/4 of it, lime or no lime. If you have to add a lime to it to make it drinkable, it's not beer.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
PBR
Originally Posted by Bristoe

It was cheap and "ironic" (favorite hipster affectation) to drink, but the bloom has been coming off the PBR-hipster rose for a few years now.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
National Bohemian, downtown Washington D.C., 4th of July 1991.
Posted By: gwrench Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
For me it's a tie between Olympia Gold and Buckhorn. This was from a long time ago, not sure if either is around now.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Meisterbrau
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Budweiser

That's one of my favorites.
When I was in High School a acquaintance handed me a Schlitz Malt Liquor. That was some nasty ass schitt 🤮
Originally Posted by Slope77
Schaefer. Tasted like hamburger. Not that I don’t like hamburger, I just don’t want my beer to taste like hamburger.

Didn’t like Foster’s either.

I remember Schaefer
Any IPA.

True
Any IPA.

Loved MGD
Rolling Rock... eek sick

Another good beer
Originally Posted by barm
Miller Lite

Excellent beer
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Schwaben Brau.
Stuttgart area, Germany
They would have small tanker/ mobile serving trucks of that schitt at various fest.

Ralph.

Later......
Originally Posted by moosemike
Miller Lite

Excellent beer

If by excellent you mean the least objectionable of the three major light beers.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Coors lite .....damm nasty... just a soon as wring out old diapers in your mouth...

Nothing wrong with Coors light except it's weaker than I like it
Fortunately no one spoke a word against Yuengling or I'd have been fit to be tied....
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Nothing wrong with Coors light except it's weaker than I like it

Your taste in beer is now officially suspect.
Fortunately no one spoke a word against Yuengling or I'd have been fit to be tied....

One of the best cheap beers going. I definitely prefer it over the majors.

Yeungling is great, wish we could get it out here. It smokes Coors/Bud/Miller Lights in my opinion.

I think Bud Light is the worst of the 3. I consider Coors and Miller a tie.

Posted By: Hoth Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Same. The only reason IPAs exist is because the British in India figured that bad beer was preferable to good beer that has gone rotten.

I agree 100 %. vacationed in the keys and all the bars have it on tap. First rate beer. To the question on the worst....Vermont's Alchemist Heady Topper. To me it tastes like [bleep].
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Hituea (sp) in cuba-- you know the one eyed Indian-- nasty
Always thought Schlitz was made from horse piss!
I'm glad I developed a taste for hops. There are a great many completely lousy IPA's, don't get me wrong. A lot of the popular ones are lousy. But they can be done right, and when they are, they are worth drinking.
Grain Belt is one of those beers (like MGD) that seem like completely different beers depending on whether it's in a bottle or a can. Ice cold GB in a bottle is one of my Hot Day favorites but I won't touch GB in a can.
Miller Lite

Excellent beer

If by excellent you mean the least objectionable of the three major light beers.

My favorite of all the cheap light beers as well.

Best can for shooting at too. The reddish oval badge in the middle of the can with a dark blue ring on a white background is a perfect bullseye. Was super happy when they brought that can back. The blueish can from 10 or so years ago was an obamanation.

The can may be better than the beer, but I'm okay with that.
Originally Posted by Hoth
Grain Belt is one of those beers (like MGD) that seem like completely different beers depending on whether it's in a bottle or a can. Ice cold GB in a bottle is one of my Hot Day favorites but I won't touch GB in a can.

Corona in a can is actually pretty decent. Doesn't taste like a wet skunk like when it's kept in clear glass bottles.

Beer kept in clear glass is destined for failure.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
I was at a beer fest in England. Told my wife and her friend to get me a fill up. As I had to walk across the path/sidewalk to the restrooms.

I don't remember what I said exactly but it was kind of sarcastic and lippey.

They bought me the ale that had a whole dead chicken in the recipie.

I almost hurled!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
they are all equally horrible to me, no clear loser
I'd heard a lot about Yuengling over the years, but it isn't available where I live. Finally got a chance to go to Boston for work and Yuengling was the first beer I ordered. It was disappointing. Not a bad beer, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype. Distinctly average.
Keystones Light. uck. It is even worse than the "Silver Bullet".
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Anything IPA
Posted By: jnyork Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
In Vietnam we would occasionally get hold of some PBR with the tops rusted, same thing with Schlitz. Drank it warm, just give the top a little wipe to knock off the loose crust. Got sick as a dog off it a couple times, didn't keep me from doing it again.
Posted By: RDW Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Any IPA, McEwans Scotch Ale
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Yeuingling-- the only beer worth drinking
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Rainier, right out of the tap room at the brewery.It wasn't worth the tour of the brewery
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Pfft!
Yeuingling-- the only beer worth drinking**

**When stacked against Bud, Coors or Miller
I don't drink beer.
Posted By: Jerryv Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19

Brain Melt is still around too. Schells Brewery picked up the brand and revived it a little.

Jerry
Posted By: Jerryv Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19

Guessing you meant Yuengling. I have some friends that like that. Damn hard to spell.

https://www.yuengling.com

Jerry
Posted By: mudhen Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/06/19
Can't remember the name, but it was what my dad (who was a Master Brewer) called a "dump beer"--beer that was past it's shelf life. Most of them got shipped to the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas back in the day, which was where some of my buddies and I bought a few cases for a couple of dollars or so apiece while on a hunting trip. Awful stuff! When I told my Dad about it, he just laughed and said that I should have known better. He said that the brand was Al Capone's old beer label.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
I'm always game for trying something new and every once in awhile you find something pretty good or in some cases pretty chitty.

The last really foul beer I tried was Chimay Red. Brewed by monks over in Belgium?

It was some high $$$ chit that was pretty rank. I drank the six pack but it took a few days.

Another fancy a$$ brew that was bad was Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. Not good.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
I can't stand IPA's. I've consumed most of the better beers, PBR, Hamms, Old Style, Bush, Black Label, Braumeister, Coors, Miller High Life.
I like em all. This is an entertaining YouTube video of my favorite brew.

https://youtu.be/56duVYLsd4Q?list=RDQMl_TxlXDyMn8

Posted By: MadMooner Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm always game for trying something new and every once in awhile you find something pretty good or in some cases pretty chitty.

The last really foul beer I tried was Chimay Red. Brewed by monks over in Belgium?

It was some high $$$ chit that was pretty rank. I drank the six pack but it took a few days.

Another fancy a$$ brew that was bad was Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. Not good.

I'm with ya on the Sculpin. Folks love that schit, but to me it has a harsh overly bitter character.

Ballast Point was sold a few years ago for 1 Billion dollars. Freaking crazy.
Posted By: Don Gordon Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Back in the late 70's at UWisconsin you could tell who was short on money, who had some money, and who just got money from home. If you were hard up it was Huber, Rhinelander, Walters, Grain belt...You really had to be poor to drink those four.

Next came Old Style, Hamms, Blatz and PBR , Old Milwaukee, Schlitz or Point., Miller High life. Mid-price and OK.

But if you had money- at the time- Michelob, Special Export, and Stroh's seem to be the preferred.

Rhinelander had to be the worst swill ever.

PBR and Old Style seemed to end up in my cooler more often than not in those days.

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
It is nasty.

$15 for a 6-pack.....

Fook me!
Posted By: rlott Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Genesee Cream Ale was a staple in the 70’s. Then in the 80’s they must have changed the recipe, and somehow engineered a brew that not only gave you the schitts, but also constricted your butthole to 7.62mm for 24 hours.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Hands down: Buttwiper. I'll do without a beer before I'll drink "The King of Trash"
Posted By: moosemike Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
In my younger days if I had money it was Yuengling Lager or Budweiser. If things were tight then Old Milwaukee or Busch. If I was flat broke I could always scrape up enough change for Hamm's.
Posted By: cowdoc Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Reading this thread reminded me of "My Stupid Beer Can Collection"

Something I did for many years back in my school days and thru my 20's and beyond-I had a mission to try as many different beers as possible- and had several cardboard boxes full of a single can (empty of course) to represent my conquests. Eventually the collection went to a dumpster during a move.

I've tried most of the domestic beers mentioned in the thread. Some I remember that I didn't see named are Stag, Goetz & Lucky Lager.

Remember what Ben Franklin never said. "Beer is the proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
Posted By: ironbender Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Alla you old biddies can send all the IPA ya got right here.

PM for mailing eddy.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
IPA was brewed to get on a sailboat to India and not sour.

It was not brewed 2 taste good!

If you drank IPA u were stuck on a boat 2 India.
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Miller High Life and Coors Light for me.

Gack!!!!! 🤢
Posted By: ironbender Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Originally Posted by Angus1895
IPA was brewed to get on a sailboat to India and not sour.

It was not brewed 2 taste good!

If you drank IPA u were stuck on a boat 2 India.

Ha ha.

I like IPAs, but I dont pussy-up my coffee either. 😎
Lone Star Bock. Imagine the crappiest light beer you can buy and mixing it with cheap pancake syrup.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Wiedemann, Stroh was nasty too.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
I;m in the low rent district...

browsing thru this thread, there are a lot of beers listed that I happened to like back in my college days..

I always like Canadian beers best... particularly Molson's Export...

Molson's 22 was also a good one, if you weren't driving anywhere....

In the service at Ft Lewis, I didn't care much for Rainier, , but I sure liked their commercials back in the mid to late 70s...they were pretty humorous....like most of the Ft Lewis Enlisted personnel, I think the mainstay was
Oly....

last weekend of the month, when everyone was broke.... the tour of the Oly factory was full of G.I.s and Airmen from McChord....

any of you New York guys remember Maximus Super?... we'd buy it over in NY State, because of the high octane value... it was way above 6 % alcohol....

Early 80s I use to visit a buddy in Madison WI, when I was down there on business...
There was a Restaurant and Club house called Fat Jacks...

They had a big wooden map of the state of Wisconsin, and all over the map was listed towns that had micro breweries in them, with a shelf that had the beers from that town.. Keith's wife Heidi was always the dedicated driver, and we were the designated Drinkers....we would have dinner and then Keith and I would "drink our way around Wisconsin"....Leinie's were always my personal Wisconsin Favorite...

and in MN, I developed a taste for both Schmidts and Grain Belt....

and also, one small brewery in White Bear Lake, White Bear Beer.. since I lived in White Bear Lake, I developed a taste for that beers also...one of our neighbor's family owned it since way back before the Depression and Prohibition....
Posted By: Youper Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Who remembers Gobel's? I haven't seen it in decades, and opinion was divided. I liked it.
Posted By: Nathan13 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
One time a friend and I walked into a bar and ordered 2 bottles of Stoneys. We'd both drank literally 1000s of bottles of Stoney's up to that point in our lives. It was a hot day and we are standing there at the bar and the first couple swigs went down like nothing. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere it felt like I swallowed a razorblade. I had an ache in my back that felt like someone hit me in the spine with a hatchet and it started spreading to my shoulder. All of a sudden Pete looks at me and says, " hey man my neck is killing me. I gotta.go". We walked out the door and i swear the pain got worse on the ride home, before it got better. Was a really weird deal. That was the WORST. beer I've drank.

But the worst tasting kinds of beer imo are Guinness and Strohs.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Any IPA.

Loved MGD
In a can, quite good.. In a bottle, absolutely horrible.. MGD in a can is about the only 'regular' beer I keep on hand. I refuse to drink it out of a bottle.. (Gack)..
Posted By: Partsman Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
40 or so years ago used to have brador beer it was German I think and I remember it. Sing good.
Sat at the campfire with future father in-law and drank till I got sick, luckily he had gone to bed just before I lost it.
Posted By: JEDIA Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
The reason there was Carling Black Label in abundance in Vietnam was that in order for an enlisted club to get say one pallet of decent beer they had to buy two pallets of Black Label. We could give it away cold at monthly steak fries but rarely sold any. The beer was stored in conexes and temps probably hit 150+ degrees Fahrenheit which did not make that black label any better!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
In my youth I cracked open a few cans of Schlitz that had sat in the garage for several years. Pretty bad schit, I could hardly drink it all... It was the peak of my drinking...
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Olympia-- it's the water
Yes it is!
Posted By: shortleade Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Originally Posted by Youper
Who remembers Gobel's? I haven't seen it in decades, and opinion was divided. I liked it.

Gobels! Wow, you just beat me to it right at the finish line. In 1973 among the list of real CHEAP beer. My vote for most horrible. Bunch of the others listed here were way better, imho.
Buddy picked up some Busch beer on a spring break years ago. Never thought I was picky about beer until I had one of those!
Posted By: NoDak Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
An empty one. grin
Posted By: NoDak Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Seriously. Michalobe Ultra. If you need to drink that. Just get a frigging water.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
Originally Posted by SamOlson
It is nasty.

$15 for a 6-pack.....

Fook me!

Phoucc, every bad beer is $15 a six pack up here !!

frown

PM for mailing eddy.

I'm closer, so your freight will be less if you send it to me !

wink
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/07/19
jeebus....you IPA lovers fighting a kidney stone or sumthin?
Howdy Neighbour,

This is a great IPA & 6.5%ABV !

[Linked Image]

But I hate the 'hipster' can some of this stuff comes in !
This session ale is pretty good too;

[Linked Image]

But the can is pretty "poofy" !
Huber. It tasted like musty potatoes but I had a buyer in high school that would get a case for me for $5.50
Posted By: Theeck Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/08/19
Coors Light
Posted By: colodog Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/08/19
I never was brave enough to try "Generic" beer when the grocery used to have an aisle full of generic stuff but it couldn't have been the best...
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/08/19
We do a lot of home brews... most are good to great...

But every once in a while... they suck!

We save those for the bears...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ironbender Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

PM for mailing eddy.

I'm closer, so your freight will be less if you send it to me !

wink

Sonuva...
Posted By: Pittu Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/08/19
Genesee Cream Ale was so bad even the boys in the locker room after hockey would rather not drink a beer at all than pop another one of those!!
Posted By: Youper Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by Pittu
Genesee Cream Ale was so bad even the boys in the locker room after hockey would rather not drink a beer at all than pop another one of those!!

I used to like it in the early 80's, then never saw it until recently. Either it or my taste changed. I'll pass.
IPA.

Worst, not in the way y’all thinking.

When i was in college. Several buddies and i was doing something outside. Grilling i think.

One was dippin amd spitting into one of my old bottles.

You guessed it, i grabbed it and took a pull off it.

When the juice hit my throat i hit my knees and puked everything from that day up.

20 yrs later, i still can’t stand tobacco smell.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/09/19
"33"
Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: Worst Beer You Ever Had - 03/09/19
Blatz
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
"33"

What wrong with rollin rock?

I like it. Cheap.
© 24hourcampfire