-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will drink diesel out of a mud puddle if you tell me it will give me a buzz, BUT............... the two beers I cannot choke down are Miller Chill (that nasty salted beer junk) and Steel Reserve. Here is a fair review of Steel Reserve: http://www.thedrunkpirate.com/steel-reserve/comment-page-2/

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use to get a pitcher of Red Mountain Ale for $3.75 at a bar in Athens GA back in the mid 90’s. They also had $1 Jaeger shots.

Don’t recall if the beer was good or not, but you could get hammered, play pool all night, and still tip the bartender if you walked in with a $20 bill.

Some good looking puzzy in that place too. Especially at closing time. Hah!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Miller Lite

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gennesse Cream Ale followed closely by Hamm's!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Coors Light...…..ughhhhh!!!!

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Prinz brau was a local failure from MANY years ago. At least 35 years ago. I have a six-pack in bottles if anyone is feeling the need to try really bad beer!

Used to call that "Piss Boy".

Yep! A real "wiener" that one was!

Art, I would have supposed that (by now) you would have paid someone to take that crap out your door!

Don't know if the op had this in mind but there was/ is a beer in Thailand called Singha. Stands for Lion I believe. On hot days it was really good compared to other local offerings. The kicker (and it really did) was it had so much formaldehyde in it that drinking two would give such horrific headaches the next day that even seeing one ray of light would suffice to think the top of your head might burst open. "Lion Piss" was still better than "piss boy!"

Less than two weeks ago I was drinking Singha in Bangkok... several actually... they must have cut back on the formaldehyde! wink

They had a "Tiger Lemon" which is 2% and sorta like a shandy made from decent beer but different! wink

Did not mean that Singha was making the lemon beer, but rather, Tiger.

Understood the "they." 😉
Never saw Tiger in any of 7 trips. We drank Japanese Kirin and sprite at the golf course instead. Went well with the toasted almonds and phat. Our flat was just off soi 55 and Sukimvit. There was a small mom and pop store just across the street that would allow a farang to enter the back room (provided he had enough "purples" in his wallet) and get what ever domestic he wanted in beer. American, German, etc. Was very convenient to say the least😎

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wiedemann.
It was horrific but it was really cheap and an older gal would buy it for me and my buddy since we were underage.
Had to choke down the first 6 or 7 until you got a buzz and it didn't gag you quite so much.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Was getting beer for my deer camp. My SIL, a NO tax lawyer, is a pretty good mixologist and connoisseur of such things.

My wife suggested local micro breweries, so I asked SIL about his suggestions. He recommended Baton Rouge based Tin Roof Brewery. I went to the local grocery store and found some Tin Roof Beer. Had to rummage around in the back of the cooler with an employee to find it. The version SIL recommended they didn't have, so I got Tin Roof beer they had, six packs of Tin Roof Voodoo and Juke Joint.

That was the NASTIEST stuff I ever put in my mouth. My hunting bud, also a lawyer, said my SIL may know tax law, but he sure as heck doesn't know beer. We all had a good laugh, offering Tin Roof beer to our buds. It got to be a joke. We decided the highest and best use for that stuff was target practice...

In all fairness to my SIL, I didn't get the kind he recommended, just got the two versions they had..

First and last time for Tin Roof beer, at least for me.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bottle of San Miguel over in Rota Spain back in the early 1970s. Was green and skunky tasting. I've heard that real Filipino San Miguel is the best, but I'll never find out because I have not popped the top on a San Miguel from anywhere since. BTW, the bottle glass was green back when I sampled it, FWIW.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The absolute worst I have ever seen was at Paxson Lodge, a 6pack of Grolsch Amber in clear bottles. The beer was black and came out like molasses. I asked them how old they were and they said they were there when they bought the place...........

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

I think there's a reason why we don't see a lot of French beer.

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There has been one and only one beer neither I nor my friends could drink, and that was late-80s Grain Belt. For some perspective on how nasty the stuff was, we were UW students. Old Swill and Huber Bock were our regulars, with MGD as a rare treat.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by wildfowl
I will drink diesel out of a mud puddle if you tell me it will give me a buzz, BUT..........

LOL.....too good!

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
In college in Michigan's UP, Rhinelander was cheap, but had to be drunk near frozen in order to swallow it.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
In college in Michigan's UP, Rhinelander was cheap, but had to be drunk near frozen in order to swallow it.

Why do you think Coors Light commercials make a big deal about it being ice cold?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Corona. It’s shipped in a clear bottle so that skunkiness is guaranteed. With Corona, skunky beer is an feature, not a glitch.

If you ever manage to get sime in a can, it’s like a completely different and better beer.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/06/19.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Hands down it was the warm 33 beer we had in Viet Nam. It tasted that warm piss but it was all we had.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sam Adams. Junk.

A PHD Won't help you if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
No one?[Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mother Earth Winter Lager nasty stuff , was given as a gift last Christmas from my son in law , I guess he dislikes me more than I know.. Crap tasted like cold black coffee with a turd in it!

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (16gage, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 3,067 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,959
Posts18,519,448
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.