Home
Posted By: deflave The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Is anybody else laughing as hard at this as I am?
Posted By: Gus Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
well i would be. but i think my daughter might have gotten knock'ed out of a spot because of that scam.
Posted By: CraigD Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
LOL yes! Expecting something to change... Not so much!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
would be great cover to appoint a few dozen judges.....
Posted By: deflave Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
I think it's fugking hilarious.

Some Ivy League d-bag was on the radio today talkin' 'bout "We're not talking about people that donated large amounts of money and got a preference."

LMAO.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
I haven't followed it very close. But I've noticed that most of the attention is directed at the people who made the payments.

Where did the money end up?

Who took the payments?
Posted By: ribka Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
It’s pretty hilarious

Dumb progressive rich white Dems who fight against white privilege and against racism created a system where under qualified minorities get into prestigious universities over their dumb untalented empty spoiled children .

They then engage in white privilege to get their dumb kids into prestigious schools via cheating. Bribes

The wire and mail fraud carry big penalties

The big scandal is once accepted, even if a complete idiot , the universities do not fail anyone.

So a degree means nothing
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I haven't followed it very close. But I've noticed that most of the attention is directed at the people who made the payments.

Who took the payments?

The funniest part of the whole story.

They're all mad at some good looking chick and her daughter. They both happen to be white of course.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Yeah it's hilarious!!

Lori is still a hot MILF too.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Hallmark fired Lori Laughlin today.

That didn't take long..
I'm enjoying mostly because of the two Hollywood women getting their asses in a sling. It gives me joy.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Who took the payments?

Maybe it will morph into free college for EVERYONE!!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
WTF happen to taking down real crime?

Oh yea! look at us we caught some cheaters for a few million bucks.

And yet... Clintons.
Posted By: Remsen Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
I am enjoying seeing the story unfold for a number of reasons, but primarily it's because I loathe most universities and am happy to see the truth about the university scam exposed.

There are lots of things that happen at universities, but education (I'm talking actual education, not indoctrination) is not one of them for most purposes. Specialized degrees like certain sciences, sure. But most of what happens on campus is detrimental to the kids and society and if this gets people thinking twice about trying to get their kids into these schools, good.
Im enjoying the hotties they keep showing when spashing the story.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I'm enjoying mostly because of the two Hollywood women getting their asses in a sling. It gives me joy.

Really?
I'm waiting for a "journalist" to ask who on the respective universities knew about and endorsed the practice.
I don't even realize it was illegal to make "donations" in order to get preferential treatment. It happens on pretty much all corners of society. Hell, Christian's pay for salvation every Sunday.
Just damn.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mathman Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by ribka
It’s pretty hilarious

Dumb progressive rich white Dems who fight against white privilege and against racism created a system where under qualified minorities get into prestigious universities over their dumb untalented empty spoiled children .

They then engage in white privilege to get their dumb kids into prestigious schools via cheating. Bribes

The big scandal is once accepted, even if a complete idiot , the universities do not fail anyone.

I don't think it's that far gone yet.

That said, it is true that some degrees mean more than others. When I was still taking classes for my math Phd a young woman with a math bachelor's degree from an HBCU came into the program. Her transcript had the right grades and classes to get her placed into the real analysis*** course I was taking. When she joined my study group it quickly became apparent she was not ready. We tried to coach her up, but to no avail. The grad program coordinator moved her down to our school's advanced calculus course. I lost contact with her after that and I'm not sure if she made it past the first year.

***For those not in the know, "real analysis" is a course often taken by math grad students early in their studies. Topics include Lebesgue measure and integration, general measure and integration, Lp space, fundamentals of Banach and Hilbert spaces, yadda yadda. Think of it as very advanced calculus.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
It’s pretty hilarious

Winner
I don't schit on education and when somebody has an engineering or mathematics degree I do not deny they're a cut above most in the IQ department.

What I will says is the college they receive those educations from don't really carry any weight with me as a whole. Although every MIT graduate I've met does seems to kinda know what they're doing.
Posted By: WillARights Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
It’s pretty hilarious

Winner

.....+100
Posted By: 12344mag Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That didn't take long..

That's bad........They'll probably replace her with some fat dyke to appear more inclusive.

Good news for Whoopie!!
Originally Posted by deflave

Really?

Yeah, I'm not sure why.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19

That didn't take long..

Lmfao

Wife was watchin a hallmark series last night with dat gal on it.

I was laughing. She kept shooshin me that i messin up her 'show'

😂😂
Posted By: slumlord Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
I was askin how ya think they'll write her out? Tragic train accident, neck broken from a bucking horse, cholera.???

Laffing
Posted By: kingston Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
These weren’t modest payments. We’re talking hundreds of thousands to over a million dollars per.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by 12344mag

That didn't take long..

That's bad........They'll probably replace her with some fat dyke to appear more inclusive.

Good news for Whoopie!!

I hope they take up the slack with Candace Cameron Bure or Alicia Witt.... grin

Wife keeps those Hallmark movies on. Might as well enjoy good scenery... cool

That didn't take long..

Good news for Whoopie!!

LOL affirmative action strikes again!
Posted By: efw Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Yep. Dumbasses paid way too much to get their kids into mediocre schools at least in regards to USC.

They got what they deserve and anyone surprised by this has to be clueless as to the ways of the world.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I don't even realize it was illegal to make "donations" in order to get preferential treatment. It happens on pretty much all corners of society. Hell, Christian's pay for salvation every Sunday.

That's the problem. They weren't giving the money to the university, they were giving it to middlemen and coaches. It's all about the money.
Posted By: ribka Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
I don't schit on education and when somebody has an engineering or mathematics degree I do not deny they're a cut above most in the IQ department.

What I will says is the college they receive those educations from don't really carry any weight with me as a whole. Although every MIT graduate I've met does seems to kinda know what they're doing.

My niece just graduated with a degree in biomed engineering from MIT with honors. She applied to UCLA and Harvard and was turned down because she was too white and her parents were too educated successful. She’s a really sweet down to earth kid.

I’ve met my share of idiots with humanity degrees from top tier universities.

The Asians really get screwed in the admissions process.
Does anyone believe the school wasn't getting proceeds of this money?

Give me a fugking break.

My niece just graduated with a degree in biomed engineering from MIT with honors. She applied to UCLA and Harvard and was turned down because she was too white and her parents were too educated successful. She’s a really sweet down to earth kid.

Oh god yes.

Couldn't agree more.

It's a fugking joke. Has been for decades.
Originally Posted by kingston
These weren’t modest payments. We’re talking hundreds of thousands to over a million dollars per.

Yep. And where 'dat money go?
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Hard for me to get excited about these horrible crimes. Our FBI is really investigating horrible crimes. Our tax dollars being spent wisely.
All the time all the law breakers at the DOJ and FBI are running Scott free. What a country. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Hard for me to get excited about these horrible crimes. Our FBI is really investigating horrible crimes. Our tax dollars being spent wisely.
All the time all the law breakers at the DOJ and FBI are running Scott free. What a country. Hasbeen

Another aspect that has made me laugh.

We must be doing pretty well to have our DOJ spend a bunch of time on this bullschit.
Posted By: kelbro Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
How else are the colleges going to pay their football players 'off the books'?
Posted By: EdM Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
It’s pretty hilarious

Not what I am seeing with TAMU's mechanical engineering program.
They stumbled on it looking for dirt on POTUS.
Posted By: jnyork Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Well, it's good entertainment and it distracts from the endless Trump bashing for a little while, but anyone who thinks anything even remotely resembling serious punishment will result is a true optimist. These rich people will never see the inside of a cell.

That is, unless the IRS gets involved and charges income tax fraud , many of these "donations" were written off as "charitable contributions". Might get a little sticky then, we can all hope.
Posted By: efw Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by EdM

I’d qualify to non-STEM related stuff.

I think that, combined with the Fed-backed loans, the humanities “education” being passed out which everyone knows has very small chances at meaningful ROI for the student is modern slavery purpose-built for big gov “saviors” and their “programs” ala college debt forgiveness.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Just damn.

[Linked Image]

She paid 1/2 million to get her kids into USC?

Why?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: The College Scam Story - 03/14/19
What is new ? They been doing this for years.
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Just damn.

[Linked Image]

Why?

Who cares its her money.

Her legal problems is how she went about it.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Just damn.

[Linked Image]

Why?

Who cares its her money.

USC tuition is 52,000 per year
Posted By: deflave Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yep.
Posted By: rong Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cr...aughter-school-party-20190312-story.html

Thought I heard on Rush the other day that they were channeling this money thru as charitable donations to take advantage of tax deductions as well ??
Posted By: kid0917 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Just damn.

[Linked Image]

Why?

Who cares its her money.

USC tuition is 52,000 per year

so more like a prepaid Mom funded scholarship, then. with a little slush thrown in for odds and ends.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade Giannulli was spending spring break on a University of Southern California official's yacht when her mother was accused Tuesday of involvement in a college admissions scheme, reports said. Giannulli, 19, was on Rick Caruso's luxury yacht Invictus in the Bahamas.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...-officials-yacht-when-mother-was-charged
Posted By: EdM Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by EdM

I’d qualify to non-STEM related stuff.

I think that, combined with the Fed-backed loans, the humanities “education” being passed out which everyone knows has very small chances at meaningful ROI for the student is modern slavery purpose-built for big gov “saviors” and their “programs” ala college debt forgiveness.

Just qualifying the typical 'fire broad brush.
Posted By: 16bore Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
It’s pretty hilarious

At least an Ivy League one.....
Posted By: WildWest Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
This has been going on since the start of colleges. Big donations for different school sports. Donations for dorms.Foe having your name on a building. It has always been cater to the rich so you can expand your school. So your kids get into the prestige colleges. Nothing new.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by 16bore
It’s pretty hilarious

At least an Ivy League one.....

A couple Ivy League schools cost less then USC
Originally Posted by EdM
It’s pretty hilarious

That’s because Texas A&M is a REAL UNIVERSITY! Not some liberal producing schitt hole.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by WildWest
This has been going on since the start of colleges. Big donations for different school sports. Donations for dorms.Foe having your name on a building. It has always been cater to the rich so you can expand your school. So your kids get into the prestige colleges. Nothing new.

this is not the same, these were outright bribes, not donations.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

That didn't take long..

Good news for Whoopie!!

yer gonna be watchin' Whoopie!!!!!!!!! grin

That didn't take long..

Good news for Whoopie!!

yer gonna be watchin' Whoopie!!!!!!!!! grin

😳 That’s just MEAN !
Posted By: EdM Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by EdM
It’s pretty hilarious

That’s because Texas A&M is a REAL UNIVERSITY! Not some liberal producing schitt hole.

Though it was 1985 when I graduated an ME, my California university would throw you out in a heartbeat due to grades. There was a long line awaiting entrance. The reason why it took me five years to get it done.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM
It’s pretty hilarious

Though it was 1985 when I graduated an ME, my California university would throw you out in a heartbeat due to grades. There was a long line awaiting entrance. The reason why it took me five years to get it done.

Yep. Had a lot of friends flunk out when I was at TAMU
Posted By: sqweeler Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Funny story. My wife's younger twin brother's are(were) friend's with Lori and went to her sweet 16 party.They had a dance floor set up and one of the other girl's threw up on the dance floor.Lori started crying she ruined my party,she ruined my party!!! I guess the beginning of her acting career.The guy from the "Blue Lagoon" with Brooke Shield's was there.He pulled up in a Pontiac Tran's Am with the T-Top's off and all the little girl's threw their phone numbers on little piece's of paper in his car.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Just damn.

[Linked Image]

I’m really hoping she drops the soap......
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade Giannulli was spending spring break on a University of Southern California official's yacht when her mother was accused Tuesday of involvement in a college admissions scheme, reports said. Giannulli, 19, was on Rick Caruso's luxury yacht Invictus in the Bahamas.

If you read the full story, the girl is 19 years old. Going to college. And already has contracts with 11 different fashion / cosmetic / health and beauty aid companies ???
Posted By: Mike_S Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
I also can’t believe that colleges weren’t involved.
Posted By: LouisB Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Now we know why they did not have the time or manpower to investigate, dems's actions, billary, lerner and others
Originally Posted by LouisB
Now we know why they did not have the time or manpower to investigate, dems's actions, billary, lerner and others

No doubt!!!
Posted By: ironbender Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by Orion2000

If you read the full story, the girl is 19 years old. Going to college. And already has contracts with 11 different fashion / cosmetic / health and beauty aid companies ???

She is obviously very hard working.

grin
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Orion2000

She is obviously very hard working.

grin

All about making connections for later in life...
"roll eyes"
Serious crime here folks and the perps need to be punished.

I'm thinking Lori should be placed on strict house arrest...

At MY house!! smile
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

Ya might not have been back in years, I have, some things have changed frown

Anyways, at college it ain’t so much the college but the Major, Engineering students for example are holed up in study groups too busy to do all that stupid liberal crap wherever they go to school. Same with all the other REAL majors.
The bribing to get into college story don’t worry me that much because a) I don’t think it matters that much where your Undergrad degree comes from (grad school can be a different story) and b) bribery is simple crime, easily convicted.

What really bothers me is the corruption of the SAT testing procedures, those tests gotta be an absolute standard, fair across the board.
This is one of the funniest stories to break in a while.

Still waiting to hear who from the school was getting paid.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

What really bothers me is the corruption of the SAT testing procedures, those tests gotta be an absolute standard, fair across the board.

Why would that bother you?
You need to step up to a higher level of smart.
I'm sure that's what it is.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

"They" have stumbled across a lot of stuff investigating Donald Trump's personal past and the past of everyone he has ever met. Stuff like collusion between the Clinton Campaign and Russia, corruption by the Clintons, Uranium One, FISA abuse, corruption in the Obama administration of the highest order. Yet nothing was ever done about it. So, why now?
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
What is new ? They been doing this for years.

Yup and we all knew it, as did those that are investigating and indicting. So why now?

Yep.

Yep, so why are these selected Hollywood elitists being thrown under the bus after all these years? What is up and who is the real target?

We will soon see, who the real target is and who will suffer the most from this charade, false flag.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
The tax fraud is what will sink them. I could care less how they spend their money, but you can't deduct it! Take about 40% of the bribe (charitable contribution) and that amount is what they saved (stole) in taxes. On a $100,000 bribe funneled through charitable contributions, they've effectively stolen $40,000. That's a pretty big deal.

Also, in skimming this thread, I've seen no one mention the cheating on the ACT/SAT. To me that's way worse than the bribe, which happens every day.
I don't know who the real target is.

But I think it's funny as fugk because anyone with three ounces of common sense has always known what's being portrayed as "breaking news" right now.

And all the retards (Birdwatcher's a good example) have gone through their whole life thinking the SAT system wasn't corrupted. But now MAGICALLY, it is.

WE GOTTA FIX IT!!!!

LMAO.
I don't know who the real target is.

But I think it's funny as fugk because anyone with three ounces of common sense has always known what's being portrayed as "breaking news" right now.

And all the retards (Birdwatcher's a good example) have gone through their whole life thinking the SAT system wasn't corrupted. But now MAGICALLY, it is.

WE GOTTA FIX IT!!!!

LMAO.

We will see who the real target is when the other shoe drops. any day now.
Originally Posted by ctsmith

Also, in skimming this thread, I've seen no one mention the cheating on the ACT/SAT. To me that's way worse than the bribe, which happens every day.

I got a better question... If I can't achieve the the threshold SAT score, and have to cheat, why am I still capable of acing an Ivy League school's curriculum?
Posted By: ctsmith Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

I got a better question... If I can't achieve the the threshold SAT score, and have to cheat, why am I still capable of acing an Ivy League school's curriculum?

Exactly!
Posted By: joken2 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

I'm more surprised that the fact that this kind of stuff goes on in academia too is such a big news event.
Posted By: RaySendero Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Guys, I see some of y'all are really have fun with this thread. Got me to laugh with ya a time or 2.

But here's my first reaction when I saw it:

They had at least 5 major news channels to cover announcement live;
CNN, Fox, ABC, CBS and even the BBC.
Don't really take issue with wealthy parents paying to get their kids into Universities.
Use to be they could make large donations to the schools directly (or be an influential politician).
Did take issue with 10 months of investigations - Tax payer funded
But that's not my point!

I got a strong gut feeling FBI was grandstanding. Anyone else?
But why would they grandstand?
Toot their own horn - possibility
Distract from something already in news - maybe
OR some news coming out this week - Yeah did come that out about how FBI miss-handled Clinton investigate.
That could be it! or could be something else today. we'll see

Good point, also, what about those students still enrolled, will they be expelled?

How about the students involved that have already graduated and received a fraudulent degree? Will they be stripped of their diplomas?
Originally Posted by RaySendero
Guys, I see some of y'all are really have fun with this thread. Got me to laugh with ya a time or 2.

But here's my first reaction when I saw it:

They had at least 5 major news channels to cover announcement live;
CNN, Fox, ABC, CBS and even the BBC.
Don't really take issue with wealthy parents paying to get their kids into Universities.
Use to be they could make large donations to the schools directly (or be an influential politician).
Did take issue with 10 months of investigations - Tax payer funded
But that's not my point!

I got a strong gut feeling FBI was grandstanding. Anyone else?
But why would they grandstand?
Toot their own horn - possibility
Distract from something already in news - maybe
OR some news coming out this week - Yeah did come that out about how FBI miss-handled Clinton investigate.
That could be it! or could be something else today. we'll see

Classic left wing propaganda. "Look at all the rich white people that don't deserve any of the schit they have."

They'll keep this story front and center for a while.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
This is one of the funniest stories to break in a while.

Still waiting to hear who from the school was getting paid.
Most of the outrage is from those who DIDN'T get paid.
Originally Posted by steve4102

How about the students involved that have already graduated and received a fraudulent degree? Will they be stripped of their diplomas?

I'm sure the geniuses running those universities will come up with an objective solution.
Posted By: Dutch Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
The most enjoyable irony is the fact the coaches were SELLING their precious Title 9 scholarships for women sports nobody watches to the highest bidder. And that's probably the point where somebody in the law got interested.

The rest of it, well, meh. Nothing new, move along.

How many SAT/ACT corruption stories do you have?
Posted By: rainshot Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
I'm not as happy about this as most are I suppose. I don't know of anyone that was arrested that got the attention that Lori Laughlin did. I think it's a shame but I think they are going after the wrong people. It's the skank that owns the company they paid into to get their kids into college that's more of a culprit than anyone as well as the colleges. I have no doubts that she's pretty much as superficial as the rest of the Hollywood crowd but I haven't heard any rants coming from her about her political leanings though I'm sure are liberal.

She's had a pretty big loss because of all of it and the FBI goes on to destroy someone else's career in the process of what, protecting the country? This crap has been going on since the dawn of education. College athletes get a lot of high paying part time jobs with lots of perks from alumni that amounts to pay for services rendered to the college. Really talented athletes get scholarships to major universities even though they may not have the skill to complete the application. If you're 7'7" and good at basketball you can get a degree at most any major university even if you can't speak or write your name in any language.

This whole thing stinks. It's a shame on lots of levels but the colleges that accept this bribery should be the ones in the news and on the chopping block. It's those institutions that create the environment for the jackass that had the company that bought enrollment for wealthy peoples children. If you've got loads of money and are willing to donate to any college your child will get preferential treatment and that's just the way it is. The trouble is higher education has become a propaganda mill for socialism instead of actual education. that's what needs to get fixed.

Dozens.
Originally Posted by rainshot
I'm not as happy about this as most are I suppose. I don't know of anyone that was arrested that got the attention that Lori Laughlin did. I think it's a shame but I think they are going after the wrong people. It's the skank that owns the company they paid into to get their kids into college that's more of a culprit than anyone as well as the colleges. I have no doubts that she's pretty much as superficial as the rest of the Hollywood crowd but I haven't heard any rants coming from her about her political leanings though I'm sure are liberal.

She's had a pretty big loss because of all of it and the FBI goes on to destroy someone else's career in the process of what, protecting the country? This crap has been going on since the dawn of education. College athletes get a lot of high paying part time jobs with lots of perks from alumni that amounts to pay for services rendered to the college. Really talented athletes get scholarships to major universities even though they may not have the skill to complete the application. If you're 7'7" and good at basketball you can get a degree at most any major university even if you can't speak or write your name in any language.

This whole thing stinks. It's a shame on lots of levels but the colleges that accept this bribery should be the ones in the news and on the chopping block. It's those institutions that create the environment for the jackass that had the company that bought enrollment for wealthy peoples children. If you've got loads of money and are willing to donate to any college your child will get preferential treatment and that's just the way it is. The trouble is higher education has become a propaganda mill for socialism instead of actual education. that's what needs to get fixed.

Of course they crucify the wrong people.

You don't think their precious lib universities are gonna catch any flack do you?
Originally Posted by Dutch
The most enjoyable irony is the fact the coaches were SELLING their precious Title 9 scholarships for women sports nobody watches to the highest bidder. And that's probably the point where somebody in the law got interested.

The rest of it, well, meh. Nothing new, move along.

Yeah that was a good one too.

Keep spending all those millions on bullschit athletics. It's obviously real important.

Meanwhile 5 year old chinese kids are building nuclear reactors with match sticks, copper and a AA battery.
Everyone knows the SAT's are anti-negro and anti-minority...except for Asians.

WE GOTTA FIX IT!!!!

LMAO.

Are you seriously suggesting SAT/ACT scores bear no significant correlation with subsequent academic performance?

Are you familiar with the SAT/ACT test security procedures?

In this case IIRC the fraud was not with the test per se, but with fraudulent claims as to the disabled status of the student, how widespread do you believe that is?

Finally, why would you assume anyone would think the ACT/SAT test was incorruptible?

What were your scores?

Dozens.

Quick, go google.

Are you seriously suggesting SAT/ACT scores bear no significant correlation with subsequent academic performance?

Are you familiar with the SAT/ACT test security procedures?

In this case IIRC the fraud was not with the test per se, but with fraudulent claims as to the disabled status of the student, how widespread do you believe that is?

Finally, why would you assume anyone would think the ACT/SAT test was incorruptible?

No.

Yes.

Very.

Because their reaction seems to be one of shock and their previous thoughts regarding most subjects make me believe they're mentally handicapped.

Quick, go google.

I think instead I'll just laugh at you.

What were your scores?

Uh-oh.

Mr Academia is getting extra defensive.

What were your scores?

I scored very high, apparently as a result of White privilege.
Posted By: 79S Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

Quick, go google.

I don’t like the working deflave I much prefer the furloughed deflave

What were your scores?

I scored very high, apparently as a result of White privilege.

My own scores corresponded with the size of my schlong.

Anyhoo , apologies, I was confusing you with Gonehunting

Quick, go google.

You could do everyone a service and post them ‘dozens’ of fraud examples you know.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

How else is a guy that age going to bang a hot young chick like that?

BTW, 'Flave, here's your answer to "who from the school was getting paid". smile
Posted By: Tyrone Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

These are real scandals that not enough people get pissed about.
Posted By: sse Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
Maybe i missed it, but are there any boys who allegedly benefitted...?
I am going to start my own private university. It is going to be called F-you University. Admission will only be based on how much you are willing to pay to get in. Open bid system. Off course it will help greatly if your a [bleep], dyke, tyranny, of color, pedophile, a democrat, communist, or socialist.

The school will be owned through several shell companies so my identity will not be reveled. If you want to buy stock please pm me.
Posted By: m1rifleman Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19
if only we could apply the money taking/bribery to politicians....

You could do everyone a service and post them ‘dozens’ of fraud examples you know.

Nah.

Laughing at you is more fun.
Originally Posted by Tyrone

How else is a guy that age going to bang a hot young chick like that?

BTW, 'Flave, here's your answer to "who from the school was getting paid". smile

Yeah. ONE.
Originally Posted by prarie_creek_station
I am going to start my own private university. It is going to be called F-you University. Admission will only be based on how much you are willing to pay to get in. Open bid system. Off course it will help greatly if your a [bleep], dyke, tyranny, of color, pedophile, a democrat, communist, or socialist.

The school will be owned through several shell companies so my identity will not be reveled. If you want to buy stock please pm me.

I like it.
I seriously hope someone looks into how Chelsea Clinton got in to her schools.....that would open another whole can of worms....politicians....
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I seriously hope someone looks into how Chelsea Clinton got in to her schools.....that would open another whole can of worms....politicians....

I'm sure her SAT scores were off the charts.

Obama and his girls also.

Super bright.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/15/19

Fugging Asians, like the Borg they are.

And I like Oriental food.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

No doubt. She’s about as dumb as a box of rocks!
Posted By: AB2506 Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19
From an outsider's perspective, this is much ado about nothing. And it likely was grandstanding that they threw Huffman and Loughlin under the bus.

Only two matters of note:

1) If someone is accepting money to fudge SAT scores, depending how/who administers SAT, then there may be corruption charges against the administrators. If it is private corporations, then it is an internal employee matter.
2) If it is University staffers accepting bribes to let unqualified students in ahead of qualified students, then it is an internal University/staff issue, not criminal.

As far as I'm concerned it is not an offence to offer a private individual money to obtain preferential treatment. It (guilt) falls more on the person accepting compensation as they are governed by employee procedures and rules.

Anyone who is surprised by this has been living under a rock.

There are so many more important things for the FBI to be spending time on, how does this issue rise to the top?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19
Aliens are on the moon.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19

Didn't know "Gets piss on three fingers" was a SAT score.

Learn somethin new, everday.

That didn't take long..

It’ll be alright. Do you get the Oprah Network? ? Haha
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19
Originally Posted by AB2506
From an outsider's perspective, this is much ado about nothing. And it likely was grandstanding that they threw Huffman and Loughlin under the bus.

1) If someone is accepting money to fudge SAT scores, depending how/who administers SAT, then there may be corruption charges against the administrators. If it is private corporations, then it is an internal employee matter.
2) If it is University staffers accepting bribes to let unqualified students in ahead of qualified students, then it is an internal University/staff issue, not criminal.

As far as I'm concerned it is not an offence to offer a private individual money to obtain preferential treatment. It (guilt) falls more on the person accepting compensation as they are governed by employee procedures and rules.

There are so many more important things for the FBI to be spending time on, how does this issue rise to the top?

No, quite the opposite, starting with Fed funding for many schools, running through Fed regulations on diversity, people harmed by having met higher standards and slots were taken by far less-deserving applicants... and one could go on. It will have serious consequences for many.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19
Cheaters and liars.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19
Originally Posted by AB2506

The crime was not the "bribing" per se but paying a company under the guise of a "charitable donation" which is tax deductible to do the bribing, fixing, etc, etc, etc... Said company not paying taxes acting as a tax free foundation. Bribing schools is not a crime been happening for eons, $$$, buildings, funding "chairs", etc, etc, etc...
Posted By: Quak Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19
Who gives a $hit. This has been happening for over 100 years.

We let minority’s in that cant read because they can run fast. Is that any worse?

Anybody think any of those Notre Dame football players could have got in otherwise? They probably can’t find south bend on a map
Posted By: Prwlr Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19
Originally Posted by Quak

Anybody think any of those Notre Dame football players could have got in otherwise? They probably can’t find south bend on a map

ND has had one of if not the highest graduation rates for athletes in the NCAA. Try Duke, USC, FSU, NC, Florida, etc... Not only that but few are majoring in basket weaving, PE etc.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19

Nah.

Laughing at you is more fun.

Seems a safe bet then you’re FOS on this issue.

Anyhoo.... did some googling around, 1.9 million ACT tests and 2.1 million SAT tests given annually, cost to the student about $50 each. Ballparks to around $200 million collected in fees each year.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Didn't know "Gets piss on three fingers" was a SAT score..

OMG sounds awful shocked
Posted By: 1minute Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19
Yes. I always wondered how the well moneyed managed raise such brilliant progeny. One would think that intellect might skip a generation or two once in a while. I guess they can drop the fact that one attended Cambridge etc, but no mention of graduation.

Lots of the socialites are nothing but air heads. Money has and will always talk though.

Loved the video on how the chick was excited about game days and parties. Classes, not so much.

Anyone seen Obama's transcripts yet?
Posted By: tnscouter Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19

We let minority’s in that cant read because they can run fast. Is that any worse?

But they're probably smart enough to capitalize it. -tnscouter
Posted By: deflave Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19

Anyhoo.... did some googling around, 1.9 million ACT tests and 2.1 million SAT tests given annually, cost to the student about $50 each. Ballparks to around $200 million collected in fees each year.

Seems a safe bet you're as perplexed as you appear.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: The College Scam Story - 03/16/19

There is a local private school here that always has one of the best basketball teams in the state. The say that they give out scholarships to certain players who are "smart" enough to attend their school.........lol. I've actually known a few of these players, and believe me, they were dumber than a box of rocks. Of course, they altered the grades to keep them eligible. Everybody knows they do, but so does every other school.

Seems a safe bet you're as perplexed as you appear.

At least I don’t get my fingers wet when I pee wink

Probably hard to do when you're sitting down.

Probably hard to do when you're sitting down.

Is it?

Is it?

You tell us.

You're the resident clam.

Is it?

You tell us.

You're the resident clam.

What’s this “us” stuff? Ain’t nobody interested besides you.
Sure thing, toots.
© 24hourcampfire