Home
Posted By: Paddler West Wing-Mandatory Minimums - 03/16/19
Just toward the end of Season 1, that's the episode. As I watch this series, I can't help comparing the Bartlet administration to the Dumpster's. The comparison is similar to comparing the West Wing to The Apprentice. High quality writing, excellent dialog, topical subjects which recur today, wonderful acting, etc, to pure schlock on every level. I couldn't watch The Apprentice because it was so bad, the lead was a total loser. Just like today's White House. Y'all should watch it.
Several episodes into Season 2. I didn't realize this before but it is considered on of the best series of all time. It won the Emmy for Best Drama Series 4 times in a row, 2000-2003. Lawrence O'Donnell was a writer and Co-Producer.
So, West Wing, Season 2, episode 19, at about 38 minutes. Watch it, then compare to our current liar in chief.
Troll
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Truth
Must be dark days for the collusion wet-dreamers.

All that's left is watching West Wing, while your President Trump lives rent free in your head.
Bayonet dummy.
I keep waiting for the tragic news of PaDDler being found dead in his bathroom after drowning himself in his toilet, over Trump keeping on overcoming DemocRAT obstacles....

Maybe if Trump closes the border with Mexico, that'll do it for Dr John Middleton, as he won't be able to go
to Tijuana anymore and get some NAMBLA love, and drunk on Jose Quervo...
only a couple thousand days more days of "The Greatest President since Regan" cupcake , eat yer filthy black heart out.
get used to seeing Don jr more and more as he's groomed to replace his father.
your being as upset as you are about this makes me chuckle .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Seafire
I keep waiting for the tragic news of PaDDler being found dead in his bathroom after drowning himself in his toilet, over Trump keeping on overcoming DemocRAT obstacles....

Maybe if Trump closes the border with Mexico, that'll do it for Dr John Middleton, as he won't be able to go

I keep waiting for the headline that one of these under-aged girls fathers pops a cap in his ass.
Sure doesn't look like actor Martin Sheen on this............

[Linked Image]
Lol explains a lot, watching network tv to understand how real life works ? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Almost as dumb as watching CNN
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I keep waiting for the headline that one of these under-aged girls fathers pops a cap in his ass.

that'll work too Paul.....

don't ya just wish you were a fly on the wall, when it happens....

I'm not singling Dr Middleton out...I'd like to see that happen to about ANY hard core DemocRAT who hates our country, but LOVES communism....
Originally Posted by Paddler
Just toward the end of Season 1, that's the episode. As I watch this series, I can't help comparing the Bartlet administration to the Dumpster's. The comparison is similar to comparing the West Wing to The Apprentice. High quality writing, excellent dialog, topical subjects which recur today, wonderful acting, etc, to pure schlock on every level. I couldn't watch The Apprentice because it was so bad, the lead was a total loser. Just like today's White House. Y'all should watch it.

Watched the series in its entirety 4-5 times. I purchased it as soon as it was available. Well developed story lines and characters..........left and right.

Without spoiling your enjoyment of the remaining 5+ seasons...............it's accurate in that it becomes far less altruistic than petty infighting. Bartlet and his staff are more reminiscent of Nixon and his.........without the level of shared guilt.

If you lean to the right, Ainsley Hayes is a character worthy of viewership. A winner in every scene she was in..........and not just visually.
After two years of guzzling the Collusion Koolaid, the hopelessly addicted cannot put it down.

Expect some of them to physically lash out in their frustration/anger.
Perhaps this member is confused?

It is a television program and not real.

Perhaps nobody has told him? We shouldn't judge.
I keep waiting for the tragic news of PaDDler being found dead in his bathroom after drowning himself in his toilet.

Lack of oxygen is lack of oxygen but he's a goner either way.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: West Wing-Mandatory Minimums - 03/31/19
[Linked Image]
Lawrence O'Donnell was a writer and Co-Producer.

There's the kiss of death right there.
Posted By: cfran Re: West Wing-Mandatory Minimums - 03/31/19
Please everyone IGNORE Piddler!

It’s not hard.
Posted By: dassa Re: West Wing-Mandatory Minimums - 04/01/19
Originally Posted by cfran
Please everyone IGNORE Piddler!

It’s not hard.

Yeah, everyone follow cfran's lead.
Originally Posted by GrandView

Watched the series in its entirety 4-5 times. I purchased it as soon as it was available. Well developed story lines and characters..........left and right.

Without spoiling your enjoyment of the remaining 5+ seasons...............it's accurate in that it becomes far less altruistic than petty infighting. Bartlet and his staff are more reminiscent of Nixon and his.........without the level of shared guilt.

If you lean to the right, Ainsley Hayes is a character worthy of viewership. A winner in every scene she was in..........and not just visually.

We watched 4 episodes last night, finishing season 2. It won the Emmy for Best Drama Series the first four years it ran. Sorkin left after that and I've read that it went downhill a bit. We'll see. Probably my favorite character is Donna thus far. The scene I referenced above was when Bartlet came clean on his MS, he told Charlie not to lie to protect him. He said if Charlie lied at any time out of a sense of loyalty, any lie, anytime, that Bartlet would be done with him. Marked contrast to Trump, who lied personally 8158 times in his first two years as president. He only hires people who will lie for him. Sad. Yep, Lawrence O Donnell played a big role in the series, and knows how a president should act. That's why he's disgusted with the Dumpster.

We really enjoyed "Newsroom", too, another Sorkin series. Brilliant writer.
Guess I shouldn't be surprised O'Donnell is i on it, he writes daily for the imaginary news channel.

We watched 4 episodes last night, finishing season 2. It won the Emmy for Best Drama Series the first four years it ran. Sorkin left after that and I've read that it went downhill a bit. We'll see. Probably my favorite character is Donna thus far. The scene I referenced above was when Bartlet came clean on his MS, he told Charlie not to lie to protect him. He said if Charlie lied at any time out of a sense of loyalty, any lie, anytime, that Bartlet would be done with him. Marked contrast to Trump, who lied personally 8158 times in his first two years as president. He only hires people who will lie for him. Sad. Yep, Lawrence O Donnell played a big role in the series, and knows how a president should act. That's why he's disgusted with the Dumpster.

We really enjoyed "Newsroom", too, another Sorkin series. Brilliant writer.

On balance.......it's a very well-written series. Jed's omission of his MS comes back to haunt him, and it's questionable whether the country was well served. But he wanted to be president. But that's just one small ingredient of a compelling show.

The rejection and angst of this series because of the writers and a story about a Democratic administration is misplaced. There are several well-developed Republican characters that provide great balance. There would have to be for this series to maintain the popularity it did. The most universally disliked character in the series is the most far left. I'll bet you've detected that already. It gets worse.

And..............you just like all the sexual tension surrounding Donna. It also gets worse......
Nope, not sexual tension. I just find her wholesome, sincere, idealistic and bright. Hard for me to not like that. I grew up in a time before "breast augmentation", which I find unattractive, and when the only people with tattoos were biker trash and sailors who ended up drunk somewhere in the Far East and thought that three masted sailing ships and "MOM" on their forearms were a great idea at the time.

Did you notice that Sam seems to have a mild Bell's Palsy?
Its a shame that everyone wants to compare Trump to Nixon...

Apples and Ornges, Black and White, even if you would want to mix in a little gray...

None of that even begins to come close.

Nixon though misguided always tried and thought he was doing what was best for the country.

Volunteered for military service and to serve in a combat area.

Worked his entire life thinking about country,not wealth...

Trump on the otherhand is just the opposite... nothing good to say about the guy.

He's a disgrace to the country and himself.

Shaming or attempting to shame Nixon today comparing him to Trump isn't going to make anything any better.

And in fact there is no way to compare the two, or to anyone else.

Phil
Confusing fiction with real life.
LOL!!!
Pretty typical of liberals! laugh laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Its a shame that everyone wants to compare Trump to Nixon...

As pertains to this thread.............I invoked Nixon. Not comparing him to Trump.........but to the fictional character President Bartlett of the series.

The actor Rob Lowe talks out of the side of his mouth. It's been noticed/mentioned for years. No medical affliction involved.
Posted By: JOG Re: West Wing-Mandatory Minimums - 04/02/19
The more serious question is whether Trump would be able to step up and get it done like President Whitmore in Independence Day. I mean, really, Trump isn't even an ex-aviator jet jockey and probably not intellectually capable of the "Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!" speech. President Whitmore made up that speech on the spot! Just wow, man.
Originally Posted by GrandView

The actor Rob Lowe talks out of the side of his mouth. It's been noticed/mentioned for years. No medical affliction involved.

I'm not sure about that. It looks a lot to me like a mild Bell's. Most cases do resolve, but some persist permanently. No big deal, really, just something I noticed.
Federal manditory minimums always made me paranoid.

If and when I scored a hit or two of beavis-n-butthead blotter, I dropped it asap, no since in getting busted for that in your wallet. Or worse, it going thru the wash machine. Man that always sucked.
© 24hourcampfire