Home
Humph!!

It's not all that bad. I have keys for everything except my pick-up. But I had plans for my pick up.

Oh well,....they'll have to wait until the weekend.

I'll shame her into helping me do the chores that got put off when she gets back.
There is only one key to your pickup? I couldn't live that way!
Could be worse
Originally Posted by WhiteFawn

Yeah,...I know. I've been meaning to get a spare made up.

My wife has about 4 sets of keys. Not one set of them is complete. She has to grab up at least 2 sets to do anything.

I have one set that will do everything I need a key to do,...and it's at about 35,000 feet right now on the way to Canada.
Bristoe would make an excellent supervisor/CEO. To be most successful one must have the skill of delegating blame. Yes, your inactivity is obviously her fault.
Call her ask her to hit the remote start button!
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'll shame her into helping me do the chores that got put off when she gets back.

You're an evil man......I like it!
My wife would have the truck with her...the keys aint been out of the truck in 30 years...
Originally Posted by 1minute
Bristoe would make an excellent supervisor/CEO. To be most successful one must have the skill of delegating blame. Yes, your inactivity is obviously her fault.

Oh fug you. I didn't put my keys in her purse.
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Call her ask her to hit the remote start button!

lolol,...
Drive the tractor to the liquor store
Originally Posted by slumlord

I've got two other cars here,..and the tractor wheel is at the tire place. That's one chore that I need my pick up for.
If she loses one key out of all her many, guess which one it will be...
If she loses one key out of all her many, guess which one it will be...

lol,...I don't think she'll lose it. She called from her layover in Detroit,...asks, "Guess what's in my purse?"

"MY KEYS!", I replied. I had already turned the house upside down looking for them and concluded that she must have taken them.

She's a good girl, however. I didn't fuss too much,...told her to enjoy her time with her old high school friends.

It's no big deal.

I *would* like to put my tractor wheel back on, however.
A locksmith or Ford dealer can make you a key from the vehicle id#.

I've got two other cars here,..and the tractor wheel is at the tire place. That's one chore that I need my pick up for.

Haul it in the trunk of her car.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
A locksmith or Ford dealer can make you a key from the vehicle id#.

Yeah,..I know. But it's not that big of a deal. I've still got the key to the lawnmower and that's what I'll be doing for the rest of the day.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

lol,..I would if it would fit!

Tie it to the roof. You have a ways to go before you make a proper redneck.

Oh fug you. I didn't put my keys in her purse.

Well then...did she grab the right purse?
wink
Call uber
lolol,...

Actually, I once brought a couch home in the trunk of an old 70's era Opal Kadet.

It didn't really fit in the trunk. I just opened the trunk and sat it crossways,....tied it in place with the ends of it poking out of each side.

The whole contraption looked like one of them home-made airplanes that somebody built in the backyard of their mud hut in the Congo.
Spare keys.....
I have a new chev pick up
It has the electronic key and you can pull out a mechanical key out of the electronic fob that will only unlock the door
I asked the dealer if I could get a copy made of just the mechanical key
He says sure, for $160.
I passed.
So, your wife has bought herself several sets of keys but she has not seen to it that you are so prepared? Hummm.
FedEx
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, your wife has bought herself several sets of keys but she has not seen to it that you are so prepared? Hummm.

No,...she just has multiple sets of keys on a bunch of novelty key loops. Half of them probably don't fit anything that still exists.

That's why I have one set on a simple ring that will do anything. Wading through one of her key rings is a chore.
Dress, high heels, thumb.
Hat, sunglasses, mow.

It's time.
I have a spare key hanging underneath
Originally Posted by hanco
I have a spare key hanging underneath

Good to know. What's the license plate number...? laugh

Bristoe, you are a wise man to take the key snatching in stride. wink

Tain't a big deal.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
My wife would have the truck with her...the keys aint been out of the truck in 30 years...

Same with my truck, I haven't taken the keys out of the ignition except for a couple of times since I've owned it.

If you take the keys out of the truck how to you find them?
Hope she comes back!
There's keys, and then there's keys....

Cost of duplicate '02 Toyota key at Home Depot...... $5.

Cost of duplicate '09 Toyota key at Home Depot...... $70

Cost of duplicate fob thingy for '19 Toyota....... hundreds of dollars, or so I'm told.
Two vice grips on the tractor steering shaft should do it...😁
Let's think about this...

You have only ONE key for your truck, and it's up north a bit. You NEED another one in case this one ever goes away and you do not know where it is. I may not be Einstein, but since you need another key, I'm thinking now might be a good time to get one. I'd call the dealer with the VIN#. Problem solved. Plus, you can pick up your tractor tire.
Ford dealership can make you a key if you call the Parts Dept. with the VIN..

I doubt it'll be cheap though. wink
"Did she grab the wrong purse?"

Hahaha...sorry man, but that's funny.

Tie it to the roof. You have a ways to go before you make a proper redneck.
Exactly what I was thinking, I can't believe Bristoe didn't think of it first and post pics while doing it.

Just like George Jones!
Phuggg It!

I'd go fishin.......... laugh
Fedex has a solution for you.
I have two different friends that have keys to everything I got, houses, shop, trucks, boats, etc.
Kinda nice not only when I decide to space out my own keys but when I'm outta town they can cover many bases for me if needed.

Of course they'd not only go fetch my tractor tire from a shop if need be but they'd have come over and helped get it off the tractor without buying a bunch of crap to do it alone. Must suck just having virtual buddies.
Originally Posted by akasparky
I have two different friends that have keys to everything I got, houses, shop, trucks, boats, etc.
Kinda nice not only when I decide to space out my own keys but when I'm outta town they can cover many bases for me if needed.

Of course they'd not only go fetch my tractor tire from a shop if need be but they'd have come over and helped get it off the tractor without buying a bunch of crap to do it alone. Must suck just having virtual buddies.

Arky gots friends........All 2 of em....
You can't just call up a dealership and give them a vend # for a new key. If that were the case, anyone could do it to steal your vehicle. It has to be done by a specific person at the dealership, and you must show proof of ownership.

Stole my wife's Yukon in 2003 by doing this. Perp got the vin off of the truck in front of my house. Got his friend at the dealership to place an order to GM to send a key to the dealership. The friend had a racket going. Stole a bunch of vehicles this way.

Clyde
Originally Posted by Raeford

Arky gots friends........

lolol,.......akasparky is one of those people that you delete their phone number.

Cain't do schitt without calling up a whole herd of people assist.
"Hey old buddy, old pal,...what about dropping by to see me? While you're here maybe you can pull this tractor wheel off for me. You'll be driving your pick up, I suppose. The tire place closes in 2 hours. I don't mean to rush you, but,...and by the way. They say they'll have it ready tomorrow. You don't have any plans do you? I'll spring for a Whopper at Burger King. Two for $6. You cain't beat that! Cheese on one costs extra. I never liked cheese on a Whopper. Do you?"
Okay,...somebody tried to piss me off and I pissed back.

Time for more mowing.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Phuggg It!

I'd go fishin.......... laugh

And no vehicle required to fish neighbor's pond...

Yeah,...I know. I've been meaning to get a spare made up.

My wife has about 4 sets of keys. Not one set of them is complete. She has to grab up at least 2 sets to do anything.

I have one set that will do everything I need a key to do,...and it's at about 35,000 feet right now on the way to Canada.

Spare key in your wallet.
Slumlords wife told me that about 5 or 6 yrs ago.

Never would thought of it.
So simple even a caveman could do it.
Oh fug you. I didn't put my keys in her purse

See! You're brilliant. I would have never thought of that.

Got to get my equipment shed keys and put them in Cookie's glove box.

Cookie?
Sorry B, but this came to mind immediately. laugh

Cookie?

His wife.
Seems he can't get the concept that your wife took your keys.
I don't know, but it sounds serious.
Bristoe gets high...

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL48AA0159E7FF4657&v=30InBgGhiSo[/video]
Perfect plan.

Why aint you done schit?

Wife took muh keys.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Of all the nerve!,...insinuating that I'd drive while intoxicated on a lawnmower!

I'd only engage in such antics on an old 8N!

Humph!
Originally Posted by luv2safari

LOL ! That HAD to be in Alabama!
Well.....Bristoe does know his rights.....
Bristoe gets high...

Every man aspires to be Steve.

Of all the nerve!,...insinuating that I'd drive while intoxicated on a lawnmower!

Humph!

Hey, I got an excuse. There wasn't much time to find Steve on an 8N.

Google is smokin' rattlin' and steamin' tryin' to find it though. Stand by.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Ford dealership can make you a key if you call the Parts Dept. with the VIN..

I doubt it'll be cheap though. wink

They're about $25 last time I had to do it.

Humph!

The fourth deflave brother, Travis, Dave, Clark, and Steve.

Humph!

Well, not before Saturday anyway.
She took them so you couldn't follow us! grin
Originally Posted by Partsman
She took them so you couldn't follow us! grin

She's got a mean streak. Be careful.
I had kind of forgotten how much fun a man could have when he ain't got a woman scolding his every move. I might have to encourage her to take more trips to Canada.

I'm sittin' here list'nin ta music.

Hank Jr does a good job on this,.....I've been singin' along.

~~~Yeah, and I think I know what my Daddy meant when he sang about the lost highway~~~

lolol,...

Actually, I once brought a couch home in the trunk of an old 70's era Opal Kadet.

It didn't really fit in the trunk. I just opened the trunk and sat it crossways,....tied it in place with the ends of it poking out of each side.

The whole contraption looked like one of them home-made airplanes that somebody built in the backyard of their mud hut in the Congo.

I brought a new 24' extension ladder home with a VW bug, once. Told the wife I rolled down the windows and fed it through left to right....lol. (she never did figure out how I did it.)
I went to see Hank Jr. back in my wild and wooly days. He was playing at Continental Inn in Lexington.

It was a big ballroom with tables and a bar. Waitresses were working their way through a crowd of a few thousand people. I was with this pretty little long haired, *ornery* woman,...I was "urban cowboyed" out,..capped off with a felt Resistol Stagecoach Redding hat. (I've still got it,....one of my few surviving childhood souvenirs)

I got there early and got a table right up front.

Hank Jr put on a hell of a show. He's descended from old southern folks and he knew that the price of a ticket meant something to us old boys and gals who showed up. He played for 3 hours or so,...best concert I ever went to. I was bouncin around to his rhythmic tuens with that little, long haired blond and he'd look at us and grin,...damn good time.

One of his roadies tried to take my girl with him as we were leaving that night. Like I said,...she was ornery. It was apparent that she wanted to go with him. I got in behind her and shuffled her tight little ass towards the door.

It was obvious that she was a bit miffed about the whole thing,...me messin' up her party, and all.

I didn't give a damn,...never saw her again, I don't think.

Didn't matter to me,...hoe is a hoe. That's the only reason she was with me in the first place, truth be told.
Back then,...

[Linked Image]

Today,...

[Linked Image]

For some strange reason I like today better?

I cain't explain it.
Damn,....this has been a long, convoluted life. If it ends today,...I've lived it.
You into the fermented cucumbers again?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You into the fermented cucumbers again?

I should get around to watching that movie someday.

I guess its pretty good.
my buddy and i used a tractor to go buy beer, it was a miracle no one died.
I have picked up the kids from school and day care with a tractor before.

We got some groceries but never bought any beer.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I should get around to watching that movie someday.

I guess its pretty good.

Better.

A young man raising cattle in Montana would really appreciate it.

It's about how it began.
Humph!!

It's not all that bad. I have keys for everything except my pick-up. But I had plans for my pick up.

Wow.
"Wow", what,..cogsuggah?
,...just me luck this dickhead shows up in my thread.

I don't start many threads these days,...but anytime I do, they're a dickhead magnet.
,...not to demean alla the good people I've been talking with in this thread,...but you know what I'm talking about.

The dickhead patrol is always out and about on this forum.
Buddy I think at one time or another that describes alla us.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

No,...there's those of us who have been barking at each other for years,...then there's the dickheads.

They're different.
Originally Posted by Daveman
Let's think about this...

You have only ONE key for your truck, and it's up north a bit. You NEED another one in case this one ever goes away and you do not know where it is. I may not be Einstein, but since you need another key, I'm thinking now might be a good time to get one. I'd call the dealer with the VIN#. Problem solved. Plus, you can pick up your tractor tire.

He has a perfectly good reason to say fug it, sit on the porch and sip some hooch. Bristoe has it figured it.

Now if his hooch was locked in the wife's trunk, and she had the keys for that car with her, I'm sure he'd be in contact with the parts department.

It's all about priorities man, Bristoe has it figured out.
I don't feel figured out right now,...but I'll take your word for it.

Anyway,...the dog has to schitt and is making a fuss. I guess I better walk him around the yard.

He's a good boy,....won't schitt in the house if his life depended on it.

I better accommodate that.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

No,...there's those of us who have been barking at each other for years,...then there's the dickheads.

They're different.

Probly. Have a good night and don't let the bastards spoil it for ya.
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
Humph!!

Wow.
"Wow", what?

Easy there Clydesdale, he's hypersensitive of reality checks.

The real moral to the story is that his wife knows exactly how to keep his drunken azs off the road AND how to get the lawn mowed while shes not there to babysit him.
Oh hell,...there's another one.
He's a 2005 dickhead,...an "OG!"
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
Humph!!

Wow.
"Wow", what?

Hey there Clydesdale, can we be friends? .

The real moral to the story is that my wife hates me, she knows exactly how to keep my drunken azs off the road AND how to get the lawn mowed while shes getting dick from our neighbor. I don't mind he's a nice guy.

Wow this got real weird..
https://www.artofmanliness.com/arti...edundancies-increase-your-antifragility/
You don't keep your keys in your pants pocket? Or do you, and when your wife stuck her hand in your pants pocket, you thought she was trying to be "romantic"?
It's evident that one of them actually wears the pants in the family while the other lays around on the couch all day posting on Internet forum boards at the rate teenagers text .

I don't feel particularly fragile. I just don't have my pick up keys and sometimes I sit here late at night sipping a toddy and reminisce.

Sometimes I type them out.

Pisses some people off, for some reason.

He's descended from old southern folks and he knew that the price of a ticket meant something to us old boys and gals who showed up.

There are a good number of Hank fans that would argue that.

That being said, I saw him at a free show once and it was one of the best live performances I've ever seen.
Yeah,...he definitely put on some good shows back when he was first rising to the top during his "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound" period.
I wanna say I saw him around '94 or '95.

He played at Taste of Chicago in Grant Park. Crushed it.
The show I attended was back in the early 80's. I knew he played good music, but until I attended that show I didn't realize how musically talented he was. I think he played 5 instruments, or so, that night,...and just *belted* music out of his face.

He's also just a regular guy any chance he gets.

I saw him walking the rows at a big gunshow over in Louisville back in the late 80's. I was talking to this vendor that had a lot of Parker Hale sights for sale. Some guy walked up and stood beside me. The vendor immediately ignored me and started talking to the guy.

My first thought was, "That's rude",...and it was, actually.

Then I looked over and Hank Williams Jr was standing next to me wearing Jeans, a flannel shirt,..some Rockport shoes.

I thought he looked like him,..then I saw that big Rolex watch on his wrist,.so I knew it was him.

I asked,....."You Hank Willams Jr?

He says, "Yep",...then took his Parker Hale sights and walked off.

So that was my conversation with Hank Williams Jr.
And he fires his Civil War Cannon every 4th of July. So he's gotta be pretty awesome.

Mike Venturino says he's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.
Originally Posted by deflave
And he fires his Civil War Cannon every 4th of July. So he's gotta be pretty awesome.

Mike Venturino says he's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

Look at you name dropping big time gun writers.. so let’s talk about them uzi’s you said I can carry on this ride along.
© 24hourcampfire